Gametanamo Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for degenerates to shoot shit about their favorite hobby

HomeHomepageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Homefront Review

Go down 
+20
Ultrasur76
leblackdragon
Lambo805
AmPLiFiKaTioN
Alyss
the_Fetophagist
ShowyAsh
bat
Hawk
SomeMexicanGuy
Eradicated
VILE
St NickelStew
RoninHo'in
CptnShotgun
Fido
DGAF
spacefox
Killzone_Kid
WantonHERO
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
Ultrasur76
Habitual Offender

Homefront Review - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 6:57 pm

Ronin0ni wrote:

*shrug*
I'm still on BC2

will be till BF3 I'm sure

though I'll prolly play more Brink then anything else when that drops if it's any good

I was playing HF and saw someone on my FL jump on BC2...so I join him....point of the story: HF no bueno.

I guess BRINK is up next....quite frankly I was disappointed when I saw the dev say that hip firing will be about as accurate as ADS Neutral
Back to top Go down
the_Fetophagist
Unrestrained Psychotic Stalker
the_Fetophagist

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 7:23 pm

Gut_Tech wrote:
Guns are overrated.

I use the recon drone thing until I can afford back to back apaches.

I havent shot a single person with a gun in over a week now, no bullsht.

Is this a serious statement? You don't even need to do anything to contribute to the team in order to get the drone in the first place?
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 7:34 pm

It only costs like 250BP. You spawn with 400.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AlyssSilence
GorillazInm1st
TITS or GTFO
GorillazInm1st

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 6:03 am

Gut_Tech wrote:
vagina omelet.
Lulz
Back to top Go down
FFigh
Property of Gametanamo
FFigh

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 2:33 pm

Some more of my thoughts on this gaming gem...

-The weapons:
Imagine every automatic weapon being like the AK74u in Black Ops, just different fire rates and different recoils (the recoil varies from non existent to BB gun) (what I mean by being like the AK74u is: Every automatic gun excels at everything, there's no "SMG ranges" or "AR ranges", there's automatic and single shot ranges)

-The BP system:
I like the idea behind this but IMO there are some serious flaws in the costs of the vehicles and "abilities". I don't think I've had a round where I wouldn't have earned 2000+ BP before the first "stage" ends, this means that I ALWAYS have either a tank or a chopper up in the 2nd round, it shouldn't be that way. The Rhino drone is the gayest thing ever, I think it costs something like 320BP when you have the penny pincher ability on and it completely destroys any and all choppers... A 320BP gadget annihilates a 2000/2800BP vehicle, nice! You have enough BP to buy a Rhino right when the round starts. It could be balanced if you actually saw the thing from the chopper but if you're flying at the normal altitude, there's almost no chance for you to see it before it fires the first barrage of rocket... And even then, it's a bitch to hit because it's not visible to you (thanks to the draw distance) unless you lower your altitude and get within the "certain kill" range of the Rhino.

-The drones:
As I said, some drones/abilities are way too cheap (BP wise), you start a round and you get to use a drone right away without doing anything? You have enough BP to buy 2 thermal goggles at the start of each round, pretty gay and sniper favoring if you ask me.

-The "classes":
There are classes... Named like "Explosive" "Sniper" and whatnot... But they serve absolutely no purpose because you can equip anything in any "class", I'd imagine that the game would be a bit more enjoyable if snipers could only have the parrot and a buzzard or something, the explosive guy could only have a RPG and the proximity launcher etc etc but no, there's absolutely no class borders. Now like 9/10 players have either hellfire or white phosphorus OR BOTH equipped and there's an airstrike up ur anus like every 5 seconds.

-The matchmaking/friend/party issues:
Balls. I don't get how this flaw got past the beta, what the fudge is a beacon error anyway?

I remember how like half of my FL were all pumped up for this game and you could just feel a "ugh" coming from every player on my FL that bought the game, like Wanton said, even the people that were like "Black Ops/BC2 is shit, Homefront will rape" are trading the game in or burning the disc or doing everything else but playing the game.
Quite a few friends are trading the game in for Crysis 2 or taking the game back to the shop where they got it from... Most because of the matchmaking issues and apparent lack of EU servers.

I like the game when it works (even though it has some really gay shit) but I find myself spending like an hour or two trying to get in a game, when I come home from school/work and want to play, I don't want to read fudge "Beacon error x over9000" or "The Homefront servers are unavailable" bullshit. I'm ("already") thinking about trading it in for Crysis 2... It really doesn't help that the THQ/Kaos staff said that a patch is coming in 1-2 days... Last monday, yet there's still no patch.
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 3:17 pm

^Fully agree.
Back to top Go down
WantonHERO
Murderous Crack Fiend
WantonHERO

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 4:42 pm

FFigh wrote:
Some more of my thoughts on this gaming gem...

-The weapons:
Imagine every automatic weapon being like the AK74u in Black Ops, just different fire rates and different recoils (the recoil varies from non existent to BB gun) (what I mean by being like the AK74u is: Every automatic gun excels at everything, there's no "SMG ranges" or "AR ranges", there's automatic and single shot ranges)

-The BP system:
I like the idea behind this but IMO there are some serious flaws in the costs of the vehicles and "abilities". I don't think I've had a round where I wouldn't have earned 2000+ BP before the first "stage" ends, this means that I ALWAYS have either a tank or a chopper up in the 2nd round, it shouldn't be that way. The Rhino drone is the gayest thing ever, I think it costs something like 320BP when you have the penny pincher ability on and it completely destroys any and all choppers... A 320BP gadget annihilates a 2000/2800BP vehicle, nice! You have enough BP to buy a Rhino right when the round starts. It could be balanced if you actually saw the thing from the chopper but if you're flying at the normal altitude, there's almost no chance for you to see it before it fires the first barrage of rocket... And even then, it's a bitch to hit because it's not visible to you (thanks to the draw distance) unless you lower your altitude and get within the "certain kill" range of the Rhino.

-The drones:
As I said, some drones/abilities are way too cheap (BP wise), you start a round and you get to use a drone right away without doing anything? You have enough BP to buy 2 thermal goggles at the start of each round, pretty gay and sniper favoring if you ask me.

-The "classes":
There are classes... Named like "Explosive" "Sniper" and whatnot... But they serve absolutely no purpose because you can equip anything in any "class", I'd imagine that the game would be a bit more enjoyable if snipers could only have the parrot and a buzzard or something, the explosive guy could only have a RPG and the proximity launcher etc etc but no, there's absolutely no class borders. Now like 9/10 players have either hellfire or white phosphorus OR BOTH equipped and there's an airstrike up ur anus like every 5 seconds.

-The matchmaking/friend/party issues:
Balls. I don't get how this flaw got past the beta, what the fudge is a beacon error anyway?

I remember how like half of my FL were all pumped up for this game and you could just feel a "ugh" coming from every player on my FL that bought the game, like Wanton said, even the people that were like "Black Ops/BC2 is shit, Homefront will rape" are trading the game in or burning the disc or doing everything else but playing the game.
Quite a few friends are trading the game in for Crysis 2 or taking the game back to the shop where they got it from... Most because of the matchmaking issues and apparent lack of EU servers.

I like the game when it works (even though it has some really gay shit) but I find myself spending like an hour or two trying to get in a game, when I come home from school/work and want to play, I don't want to read fudge "Beacon error x over9000" or "The Homefront servers are unavailable" bullshit. I'm ("already") thinking about trading it in for Crysis 2... It really doesn't help that the THQ/Kaos staff said that a patch is coming in 1-2 days... Last monday, yet there's still no patch.
Exactly.

I tried playing it yesterday, I really did. My first attempt I got into a game. I was talking alot of ish to Sin and Jake cause they couldn't get into a game ALL day. The game I get in I was a red-bar, single red-bar:morphing, couldn't reload, couldn't pick the class I wanted etc.

The game froze. Then I dashboard. I reload the game then for the next 30 minutes I couldn't establish an effin beacon. Sin finally gets into a game but I can't join of him and keep getting kicked to the main screen. I played single player for a bit cause I was bored and left.

I'll be on tonight but we'll be either playing BO or BC2.

R.I.P. Homefront 3/20/2011
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 11:00 am

Urgh, fudge this game. They patched the servers and my rank reset...BC2 is still better than this.
Back to top Go down
ShowyAsh
Midget
ShowyAsh

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 11:38 am

yea the servers were very jacked up yesterday since the patch....very frustrating. Man it sucks that your rank was reset....i don't what i'd do. The thing is, when you can get into games with friends and the servers are working, the game is the shit...and sadly all games out seem boring. Played the crysis 2 demo and it pretty much reminded me of halo reach which also disappointed. I'm still gonna play it because I have fallen in love with the T3AK; that thing with a silencer on cul de sac...absolute rape. Hope it works out for ya....cause the game is still awesome.
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 1:33 pm

Yeah, if I can actually start playing with friends regularly I'll be fine. But I've just been stuck with randoms since this came out and it's fudge dire...
Back to top Go down
ShowyAsh
Midget
ShowyAsh

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 2:14 pm

I think they are working to restore ranks...but who knows. I feel for ya, cause I would hate to have to return to the m4 or nothing to kill vehicles...so frustrating. Keep hope alive
Back to top Go down
WantonHERO
Murderous Crack Fiend
WantonHERO

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 6:37 pm

my bro can't play the game. he gets a black screen. he can't even play single player.

it is boring with the games out now and i'd be playing homefront, despite it being poop, if i can play with my friends and not lag.

bf3, i can't wait. i'm going to watch trailers now.
Back to top Go down
leblackdragon
Midget
leblackdragon

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 1:28 am

Got the chance to play the game... DEAR LORD! What is this? 2001?!
I'm not talking graphics, they're ok, but everything else is so outdated. Did they even play any FPS past 2002?
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 5:27 am

^Specifics? I'm certainly with you on the movement, doesn't really feel like walking at all.
Back to top Go down
FFigh
Property of Gametanamo
FFigh

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 6:51 am

WantonHERO wrote:
my bro can't play the game. he gets a black screen. he can't even play single player.

it is boring with the games out now and i'd be playing homefront, despite it being poop, if i can play with my friends and not lag.

bf3, i can't wait. i'm going to watch trailers now.

Crysis 2 is pretty good, the SP is great and the MP is playable. The MP isn't groundbreaking or anything, it's like CoD and Halo mixed together but I'd rather play that than shitfront.
Back to top Go down
FFigh
Property of Gametanamo
FFigh

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 8:05 am

...Not to mention, Crysis 2 is probably the best looking Xbox 360 game evarr and the squad system works.
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 11:47 am

-Turn of Homefront, play some BC2
-It's loads better

God fudge damnit...
Back to top Go down
GorillazInm1st
TITS or GTFO
GorillazInm1st

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 02, 2011 1:58 pm

This game blows. Feels like I'm running in the sand. Why can I spawn a battle-bot with a mounted machine gun from the beginning of the match? Why are the RPG's so garb against tanks?

Back to top Go down
FFigh
Property of Gametanamo
FFigh

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 9:15 am

I'm glad I traded this in... Can't say I'm missing it.

I reached rank 56 or something (played for less than a day me thinks) and it was already starting to get stale. Most of the maps were garbo, the amount of snipers was annoying, the constant airstrikes were even more annoying... On top of that the party/matchmaking/1 red bar issues.

I also hear that they still haven't patched the game even though it's about 2 (or is it 3) weeks since they said that the patch would be out in 1-2 days.

Back to top Go down
ShowyAsh
Midget
ShowyAsh

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 1:32 pm

They did release the patch, (3/31 i think) and the freezing issues have seemed to stop. The patch also gives less bp to parrot drones and white phosphorous attacks are now 1600 bp instead of 1300. Can't make everyone love this game, but if anyone would like to rent it and give it a try, now is the time; the server issues seem to be straightened out now. I on the other hand have started to love it even more, since I can now get into games with my friends. My real problem is that matches of ground control seem way to short; hopefully they can patch this serverside and make it where the progress bars dont go up as fast when the other team holds all points. Besides that, if you want fullscale war and frantic action this is the game to play.
Back to top Go down
ShowyAsh
Midget
ShowyAsh

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 1:35 pm

Also how can you hate the maps? I figured that was something everyone could agree on, well except for angel (sniper) island. All the maps are fun imo, especially cul de sac, suburbs, borderlands (the one with hooters) and lowlands. I love pretty much all the maps. Plus there are no chokepoints.
Back to top Go down
FFigh
Property of Gametanamo
FFigh

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 8:48 am

ShowyAsh wrote:
Also how can you hate the maps? I figured that was something everyone could agree on, well except for angel (sniper) island. All the maps are fun imo, especially cul de sac, suburbs, borderlands (the one with hooters) and lowlands. I love pretty much all the maps. Plus there are no chokepoints.

I liked the TDM maps like cul de sac, borderlands and suburbs but the GC maps are IMO really uninspired... Take for example lowlands, it's just a flat, swampy area with a few buildings in it. Crossroads, the first base is decent but the other bases are again really "plain" etc etc.
Back to top Go down
ShowyAsh
Midget
ShowyAsh

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 10:24 am

Well, I had the rank reset glitch(went from a 50 to 1) last night which wouldn't be so bad had they also reset my stats....but nopes, just a rank 12 with 25 hrs of gameplay and a mediocre kd. This game really fudge hates me. On a better note I started using the diablo smg with a silencer and got the dragonice camo; 10 kill streak. The gun is a beast. I'll make it work
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 10:36 am

Ouch. I take it you're on 360 where you can't just make a new account? That's BS. Send them an e-mail or something.
Back to top Go down
ShowyAsh
Midget
ShowyAsh

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 10:56 am

oh they are very aware of the issue; there's a thread on their forums with over 9 pages. Yea this game was fudge me pretty good last night, yet I'm still gonna play it. You just can't beat going on a 12 kill streak using a silenced smg and knives. No game right now has that gameplay. I'll admit I was furious when I found my rank was reset, but the way I'm going, I could be a 40 by the weekend, so what the hell; lets make it interesting.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Homefront Review
Page 4 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next