Gametanamo Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for degenerates to shoot shit about their favorite hobby

HomeHomepageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Homefront Review

Go down 
+20
Ultrasur76
leblackdragon
Lambo805
AmPLiFiKaTioN
Alyss
the_Fetophagist
ShowyAsh
bat
Hawk
SomeMexicanGuy
Eradicated
VILE
St NickelStew
RoninHo'in
CptnShotgun
Fido
DGAF
spacefox
Killzone_Kid
WantonHERO
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
WantonHERO
Murderous Crack Fiend
WantonHERO

Homefront Review - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 10:51 am

Gut_Tech wrote:
BAHAHAHAHAHHA Wanton got raped at homefront now hes mad hahahahahaha

lol you'd think so but actually been playing on my bro's account and brought his k/d up from a 1.64 to a 1.88 then using my cheap, bish setup he brought his k/d up to a 2.01. How? Use this setup:

-M200 (semi-auto sniper) or LMG.
-Night vision goggles
-rhino drone
-ghost
-steady aim
-faster reload

find a billboard/rock/whatever hiding spot you prefer and go on an 8 killstreak. Call in your gunner helicopter (not the attack one) and proceed to rape for another 5-15 kills before getting shot. Rinse and repeat.

This is my whole point. I have night vision goggles and no one can hide. I can clip fools with 2 shots or 1 shot to the dome. I love when they prone in a bush or something thinking they can hide. NO mothereffer! I can see your white figure for miles! I know dudes have to be angry at me. I've had dudes dedicated to going after me just for me to merk them again and again because i can see them for miles behind whatever. Then I die or run out of ammo with enough bp to by an op heavy tank or helicopter.

my last 6 games last night: 13/1, 26/6, 24/4, 17/2, 17/7, 30/9. I'm getting really beast at it and the vehicles. Here's the recipe: camp for enough bp. Also nightvision + anyweapon = you have an advantage over everyone. Once people catch on then it's the way to go. My bro is going to keep using this setup and will eventually have a k/d over 3 easy.

Dude it was soo easy i actually started feeling bad. I was watching my bro use the setup after he loled at me abusing nubs with it and at one point i was like 'dude don't even do this anymore'. He loled and shrugged as he kept raping fools with his heavy tank in their spawn. He dies and goes on another killstreak using the op snippy riffle with night vision. he finally gets killed by the whole team, respawns in a light tank and rapes some more. rinse and repeat. so, it's a true review not from some butthurt noob. Also FFigh was playing with me yesterdat, ask him how he felt after going 48/7 with the helicopter gunner lol and how many times i saved his a55 with my 1337 sniping skills (seriously, wanton sniping and doing well, you know the rifle is obviously op!)

If you want to play this game: camp for bp and rape face in op vehicles. Watch your k/d skyrocket.

@PS3 noobs: never, the last thing i need is to spend time with you a55wipes...although it would be killer, you guys would of loved my commentary on every kill/move/shot that i was doing last night. no one appreciated it though lol.
Back to top Go down
the_Fetophagist
Unrestrained Psychotic Stalker
the_Fetophagist

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 5:00 pm

I didn't have much hope for this game to be good so I'm not surprised by the bad things said about it.

I spent a bunch of time downloading the crysis 2 demo and EA pulls the plug on it soon after. Mad wtf they can't even get a demo right, how do they expect anyone to buy the game? lol

Looks like I'm sticking to battlefield and call of duty.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 5:09 pm

Crysis ain't worth it... believe me.

Its got even less weapons then Homefront, is like a pure MW1 clone with less options, in a futuristic setting where everyone can cloak.

Back to top Go down
ShowyAsh
Midget
ShowyAsh

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 5:51 pm

well for me the game does immersion very well. The maps are awesome; nothing beats sweeping a hooters for enemies or having a firefight in an apt complex while helicopters and tanks duke it out in the neighboring gas station near the hollowed out taco bell. The guns are awesome too....most ppl say that m200 is horrible yet wanton seems to do work it. Pretty much proves that guns are as good as their users. I think this game should last the rest of the year as long as they release updates (vehicles are a bit op) and maps.
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 8:26 pm

I think it's pretty good, tbh. Yeah, could do with some polish, and currently the matchmaking is too slow and there are lag spikes all over the place. The core game though...good idea, and nicely executed. I don't understand why wanton keeps going on about BP encouraging camping, since it's not killstreak related. You don't lose what you earn if you die, so there's no negative for getting into the thick of things.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AlyssSilence
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 3:12 am

Wanton is bitching because he hasnt been laid in 6 months.

Dont worry tizz,, my mom will dump that loser Dtech soon, its just a fling. Said she needed a break from tinky-winky so she could get herself some chode.
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 4:46 am

Gut_Tech wrote:
Wanton is bitching because he hasnt been laid in 6 months.
What a loser! Sort your life out, wanton.
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 4:51 am

Homefront Review - Page 2 Rickjames
Back to top Go down
AmPLiFiKaTioN
Astro Jesus
AmPLiFiKaTioN

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 4:54 pm

Ronin0ni wrote:
Crysis ain't worth it... believe me.

Its got even less weapons then Homefront, is like a pure MW1 clone with less options, in a futuristic setting where everyone can cloak.

COD4 clone, eh? Might have to go pick that up then. I heard the demo sucked, but it's been getting fantastic reviews... the BO demo apparently sucked too, but I like that game so I'm not going to judge Crysis completely by the reviews of its demo. I'll wait it out and see what people say about it.

As for Homefront, the gameplay I've seen online looks pretty legit but a lot of you guys are bashing it. Not sure, but I'll probably get it.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 5:05 pm

y didnt u play the demo nubcake?

and i only say mw1 cause of the preset killstreak rewards are almost the same.

I say rent homefront and crysis b4 purchasing
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 5:46 pm

I'd give Homefront a week before renting...major server issues at present.
Back to top Go down
AmPLiFiKaTioN
Astro Jesus
AmPLiFiKaTioN

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 6:59 pm

Ronin0ni wrote:
y didnt u play the demo nubcake?

and i only say mw1 cause of the preset killstreak rewards are almost the same.

I say rent homefront and crysis b4 purchasing
cuz EA killed it... Sad They shut it down early so they could support the actual launch.

@ Alyss: Will do. I'm gonna be out of town next week on college visits anyway.
Back to top Go down
Lambo805
Murderous Crack Fiend
Lambo805

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 8:20 pm

Here's my only issue with Homefront, (Lag isn't an issue yet, and they're supporting it a shitload better than Dice/EA ever did) Alice has a really high K/D god damnit. I can't even break 1:1. Then again, I have a fudge cold so I play laying down and I haven't played an FPS in at least a month.

Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 8:47 pm

lol, really? I do generally go positive. Had quite a few shitty games tonight though. Even so, SCAR+ACOG ftw.
Back to top Go down
ShowyAsh
Midget
ShowyAsh

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 22, 2011 9:19 pm

dude I hate the acog. Scar with the holo ya erd.
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 3:29 am

Guns are overrated.

I use the recon drone thing until I can afford back to back apaches.

I havent shot a single person with a gun in over a week now, no bullsht.
Back to top Go down
leblackdragon
Midget
leblackdragon

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 5:59 am

Hi guys, so is this game worth it?
Been busy ruining noob lives on Killzone 3.
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 6:12 am

Well, me, gut, lambo and Ash like it. Wanton hates it. lol opinions, so I'd recommend giving it a rental (but wait a week, server fails everywhere atm) and seeing what you think.

@Ash: your a monster, holo sights are gay. Red dot I can understand, but with a slow firing, accurate gun like the SCAR I get by better with ACOG. Means I have a chance against all the snipers too.

By the by, anyone been using the 870? I have a love/hate relationship with it...
Back to top Go down
Lambo805
Murderous Crack Fiend
Lambo805

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 9:19 am

That's a 5:1 ratio leaning towards like. If I was a betting man (which I'm not) I'd say get it.

And I usually go negative because I'll spend half the match spotting so my k/d is realistically something like 5-35-7. It's not severely negative, but it keeps adding up. I wish they'd count assists in the K/D ratio because I very rarely spend any time aiming a weapon. I find I'm most effective as a spotter.

That's one of the reasons I love this game. Sure there's not 500 different weapons to choose from, but really everyone (generalization) in CoD uses the AK/FAMAS or Commando. Why bother having the rest in there? It's 200 points for capturing an objective, 350 for defending within radius iirc and 150 for killing someone so it's based more around objectives. The drones are easy to find/shoot down and the maps we do have (Minus the sniper map with the friggin hills) are outstanding. I think for a first attempt this game beats the crap out of Battlefield or Call of Duty.

Also, support for this game is far better than the other options.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 11:43 am

Alyss conveniently left out anyone else whos said they don't like it... and only mentioned thread starter.

I know I don't like it, and I know I've read others who feel the same.

I would say give it a rent to see for yourself though I guess.

Back to top Go down
ShowyAsh
Midget
ShowyAsh

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 12:04 pm

well I guess that's where we differ alyss, I like to get in the shit and pop off with the scar and I suppose you like to hang back. I tried all 3 of the acogs and hated them all...just takes too long to ads...even with that ads infantry ability.
Back to top Go down
Ultrasur76
Habitual Offender

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 12:08 pm

The game is alright....I have no luck of getting into a game with friends ATM...plus there is no squad setup (so you're always spawning way back to the action). I'm ready to ebay it (since gamestop only offers $20 trade-in....game has only been out a week Shocked )
Back to top Go down
ShowyAsh
Midget
ShowyAsh

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 12:14 pm

Ronin0ni wrote:
Alyss conveniently left out anyone else whos said they don't like it... and only mentioned thread starter.

I know I don't like it, and I know I've read others who feel the same.

I would say give it a rent to see for yourself though I guess.

you can also check out machinima respawns youtube channel....they review it pretty impartially.
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 1:20 pm

@Snowy: I remember, back when I first got homefront and used to actually get my hands dirty, there was some gun that seemed really decent.... and it wasnt the SCAR which is for long range only... I think it was the ACR.

Meh, whatever, guns are for people who suck at spotting.
Back to top Go down
ShowyAsh
Midget
ShowyAsh

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 1:41 pm

it's funny that you say that, cause I have only tried the parrot drone once and I sucked at spotting hahah. I do need to give the acr another chance though; the other day I was raping with the superv on suburbs, ran out of ammo and picked up an acr off of one of my victims....got 7 more kills before I was found. It's definitely stronger than the m4.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Homefront Review
Page 2 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next