Gametanamo Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for degenerates to shoot shit about their favorite hobby

HomeHomepageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Homefront Review

Go down 
+20
Ultrasur76
leblackdragon
Lambo805
AmPLiFiKaTioN
Alyss
the_Fetophagist
ShowyAsh
bat
Hawk
SomeMexicanGuy
Eradicated
VILE
St NickelStew
RoninHo'in
CptnShotgun
Fido
DGAF
spacefox
Killzone_Kid
WantonHERO
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
FFigh
Property of Gametanamo
FFigh

Homefront Review - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 1:42 pm

My "review":

The gameplay is good though some weapons/drones (BP wise) need balancing, the knife definitely needs to be slower, parrot has to cost a bit more, thermal needs to be limited by time or cost alot more... At the start of each round, you have enough BP to buy 2 thermal goggles, that combined with a M110 and certain perks makes you unstoppable. I actually sniped for the first time today and within the first 10 minutes on Angel Island, I got my M110 up to the Ghost status (unlocked all non level locked camos).

Also, last but not least. They really need to sort the party and matchmaking problems out, ATM it seems like they're doing it the DICE/EA way, that is, just keep promising that they're fixing it while moving closer to the door at the same time and when the right time comes, they go through the door and are never heard of again. I've played more than half of my matches on 1 bar, it's fudge gay seeing a majority of other players have like 2-4 bars while I'm stuck at 1 and get owned in most 1 on 1s (this has started happening recently, wasn't a problem a few days ago).
Back to top Go down
FFigh
Property of Gametanamo
FFigh

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 1:54 pm

Apparently there should be a patch in a couple of days (they said day or two on monday though) lol.

http://www.homefront-game.com/blog-post/homefront-update-status

Important Notes:
- Xbox 360: The Homefront team is finishing up our first Critical Title Update
that will address the Profile Corruption issue (also known as the
‘Freeze’ bug), as this is our highest priority. We are also including a
fix for multiplayer connectivity and ping time issues, where players are
being sent to distant server locations at the expense of performance.
We expect this update to be submitted to Microsoft really soon and we
will be working with them very closely to get this approved and deployed
as quickly as possible.
- PlayStation 3:
We are also working on several multiplayer connectivity and freeze
issues on this platform as well. Many Homefront issues occur equally
across all consoles but the PlayStation 3 Comprehensive Patch will be sent to SONY as soon as the issues are resolved.
- PC:
The PC patching process is a much more “real-time” situation, given
they do not need to go through any kind of certification process and
fixes are being made and delivered as soon as they are resolved.

Homefront Update Plans

1. Update 1: Xbox 360 Critical Title Update
- Scheduled for Microsoft Submission in the next day or two
- Fixing the Xbox Live Profile Corruption ‘Freeze’ Issue
- Fix for players being matched in distant server locations

2. Update 2: Additional Game Issues Fixes
- Playstation 3 Update will release as soon as fixes are ready.
- Xbox 360 will submit as soon as Update 1 is released live.
- Fixes include:
o Multiplayer Freezing (affecting X360 & PS3)
o Experience and Statistics Resets (affecting X360 & PS3)
o Improving Party Matchmaking & Joining with Friends (affecting X360 & PS3)
o Fixing the Beacon Error (affecting X360 only)
o Correcting inconsistent Leaderboards data (affecting X360 & PS3)
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 2:14 pm

Parrot doesn't need to cost more... it's COST is fine... its the POINT RETURN that is absurd beyond belief.

It's an AMAZINGLY powerful team tool, that also lets it's user spam vehicles or airstrikes, or w/e the frack they want cause they have unlimited BP

just drop the BP reward on that thing... like only reward points for spotted targets that are killed, not every single damn spot... and then a few less points per at that.
Back to top Go down
Lambo805
Murderous Crack Fiend
Lambo805

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 9:54 pm

Or more importantly, shoot them as soon as you spot them. If I play against a team that spams rounds on my Parrots then I run out of BP even with the insane point return. It gets to the point where I make just enough points to keep putting Parrots up and nothing else. They're not hard, if the whole team or even 3-4 people focus a Parrot down, you'll force the parrot spammers to do something else which is usually die repeatedly.

There are some definite issues. Knifing, sniping etc...but overall this game is a very good base product. The map design is good in my opinion and if you ignore that dumbass mountain map, there isn't a bad map to play. Factor in 32 players and this game is pretty much everything I could ask for in a FPS on consoles.

Back to top Go down
DGAF
Homosexual male
DGAF

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 10:24 pm

A lot of my friends at school seem to like it. But then again wtf do they know? They think CoD > BF.
Back to top Go down
the_Fetophagist
Unrestrained Psychotic Stalker
the_Fetophagist

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 12:54 am

FLaWxLeSs wrote:
A lot of my friends at school seem to like it. But then again wtf do they know? They think CoD > BF.

lol a lot of people here think so too. Noobs Sad
Back to top Go down
the_Fetophagist
the_Fetophagist

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 12:57 am

Ronin0ni wrote:
Crysis ain't worth it... believe me.

Its got even less weapons then Homefront, is like a pure MW1 clone with less options, in a futuristic setting where everyone can cloak.

The thing that kills it for me was the unbearable lag in the hour or so I managed to actually play. Bear in mind this was when I was lucky enough to find a match. "oh we're going to have it all goodlike in the full version".. uhhh no. fkn EA
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 1:16 am

I played lag free matches..... It just got stale, fast, IMO...

That and every damn death was from some cloak fecker... well, not every, but close
Back to top Go down
the_Fetophagist
the_Fetophagist

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 1:28 am

That was the major turn-off for KZ3 for me. All the noobs cloaking in corners and noobs disguised as teammates.
Back to top Go down
WantonHERO
Murderous Crack Fiend
WantonHERO

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 10:04 am

@Alyss: If you die more than 1 time consecutively you lose all your bp points, unless I'm doing something else. So if I just chill behind a bush with my thermal and m110 i can get gb all day. Don't listen to gut, I had a vagina omelet this moring, wtf is he talking about.

lol, this game is garbage. From the fundamentals of gaming to the new ideas they have, it's all done wrong or not balanced. I'm not the only one. I have 5 of my good friends that i game with all the time text me in the past week admitting how garbage HF is, mind you, these are the same dudes that claimed this game will destroy bf/cod and told me to stop b1tching/whining about a game that's only been out for a few weeks...

Anyway have fun with it. I'll be either playing bc2 (after hf, this game is the best vehicle/war game ever) and cod bo (after the lag and disconnects of hf, i don't mind 1 baring it and getting owned by nubs with a 0.40 k/d using a tiger camo famas with a heart rds).
Back to top Go down
Lambo805
Murderous Crack Fiend
Lambo805

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 10:52 am

Man Wanton, you used to be so chill.

So much rage...It'll be ok man.
Back to top Go down
WantonHERO
Murderous Crack Fiend
WantonHERO

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 11:11 am

lol, lambo i'm as cool as the other side of the pillow homie. but you know me homie, i keeps it real. Cool
Back to top Go down
ShowyAsh
Midget
ShowyAsh

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 11:12 am

Few weeks? The game has been out for 9 days. To each his own I guess. One update nerfing a few things and I think hf will reach it's potential
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 11:19 am

you lose BP for dying twice in a row?

wtf?

that's new..... and not for the better.... the whole point of BP was to get rid of killstreak whores
Back to top Go down
ShowyAsh
Midget
ShowyAsh

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 11:25 am

I don't think I have noticed it...and I have died a good few tines in a row. Went 0/11 the other night.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 11:34 am

Don't you also keep your purchased items when you die? Say you buy RPG's (you get 3 right?) fire 1, and then die, then respawn with a kit that has RPG's still.... you respawn with 2 RPGs then right?

obviously doesn't count with Flak Jacket or NVG's (which, btw, makes for an excellent flanking camp hunter kit)
Back to top Go down
ShowyAsh
Midget
ShowyAsh

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 11:52 am

yea you keep your items...except for airstrikess....man I've been killed so many times while dropping a hellfire. So much money wasted
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 12:22 pm

that's what I thought....

and what with C4 and EMP freely available on spawn, cheap rockets and lock on launchers, and then OHK air strikes....

how does anyone ever keep a vehicle up?

Last I knew, you couldn't repair either.....
Back to top Go down
Lambo805
Murderous Crack Fiend
Lambo805

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 12:58 pm

There is a repair perk, there's an EMP reduction perk, there's a missile defeat cooldown reduction perk.

I mean, yeah it's a pain in the ass, but like CoD there's things to defeat just about every annoying thing in the game. C4 also seems to be relatively useless against large vehicles. It's fine against LAVs and HUMVEEs but otherwise useless. Takes something retarded like 6 to blow up a tank, and the tanks seem to be able to shoot the ground damn near right next to them unlike the BC2 tanks so you're pretty boned if they spot you and have the EMP duration reduction on.
Back to top Go down
ShowyAsh
Midget
ShowyAsh

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 1:49 pm

speaking of c4 lambo, remember that time last night where you spawned in my lav and Mr. Fahrenheit (my brother) snuck behind and c4ed us? Haahhah, still sorry about that.
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 1:52 pm

Wanton you ARE a vagina omelet.

STFU with all that bitching and crying.
Back to top Go down
WantonHERO
Murderous Crack Fiend
WantonHERO

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 4:36 pm

@ash: 9 days, sh1t if feels like a month. they'd have to balance like the whole game lol, 1 patch in 297 to go.

even if they do manage to patch all the balancing issues, lag and disconnects it still feels like ur playing super double dragon for the snes with guns and robots.

@ronnie: i'm sure of it. try it out. i've spawned shot my rockets died, spawned bought some more died, spawned with 0 bp to get a55 raped by a super fast heli. even the rhino is useless against it, it's like throwing tennis balls at a speeding veyron.

@gut: bitching, crying? lol, i didn't buy the game and didn't waste my $/time. call it whatever, the game is still horrid. i used to make time out of my schedule to get home and play bc2 or bo. now that it's hf, i don't care about gaming. haven't gamed in like 3 days and the last time i gamed it was like for 1 hour.

how fun is it when you spend 1-2 hours not getting into a game with friends, then you spend another hour trying to get into a game solo?

lol at you for crying about the rc-xd and lag issues of cod bo but this game has twice more b1tch drones/vehicles and 10x the lag and the graphics/feel of the game is sh1t yet u find it great?

that's whatever, sure bo has some issues but this game shouldn't cost the same. sh1t, you didn't like ish in bc2 yet this game again has twice the b1tchery as bc2 and bc1 combined.

we'll see in a few more weeks when the patchs do nothing and the game is still garbage.
Back to top Go down
ShowyAsh
Midget
ShowyAsh

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 5:13 pm

all I know is that bc2 is all washed up, BO can eat a devil and there's no shooters for the moment. I'll make it work.
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 5:15 pm

Ronin0ni wrote:
that's what I thought....

and what with C4 and EMP freely available on spawn, cheap rockets and lock on launchers, and then OHK air strikes....

how does anyone ever keep a vehicle up?

Last I knew, you couldn't repair either.....
It takes about 6 rpgs to drop even the light tank, let alone the heavy...c4 is better, but still takes a lot...rihno drones are useless against anything bar humvees and choppers...emp grenades don't do too much to you, and there's a perk to counter it...the OHK strike isn't
unlocked til quite late, white phosphorus does fudge all...

In my experience, it's generally better to roll out with a Pirana asap and rape everything til you can afford the apache/heavy tank. I'm always far more worried by armour on the ground than by choppers.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AlyssSilence
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 5:39 pm

ShowyAsh wrote:
all I know is that bc2 is all washed up, BO can eat a devil and there's no shooters for the moment. I'll make it work.
*shrug*
I'm still on BC2

will be till BF3 I'm sure

though I'll prolly play more Brink then anything else when that drops if it's any good
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Homefront Review
Page 3 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next