Gametanamo Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for degenerates to shoot shit about their favorite hobby

HomeHomepageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Homefront Review

Go down 
+20
Ultrasur76
leblackdragon
Lambo805
AmPLiFiKaTioN
Alyss
the_Fetophagist
ShowyAsh
bat
Hawk
SomeMexicanGuy
Eradicated
VILE
St NickelStew
RoninHo'in
CptnShotgun
Fido
DGAF
spacefox
Killzone_Kid
WantonHERO
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
WantonHERO
Murderous Crack Fiend
WantonHERO

Homefront Review Empty
PostSubject: Homefront Review   Homefront Review Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 11:22 am

What's up homies, I played homefront the past few days and here are my thoughts.

Lets be real. Sure it's a nice change of pace but I'm going to keep it real:

The game is hideous graphics wise. Don't give me the 'you'd rather have graphics over gameplay?' ish. Graphics go with game play. The coloring is hideous and you can't make out sh1t. A guy can hide in a bush or in a corner and they'd camo right in. The movement feels clunky and it's not fluid at all. Seriously you can't enjoy a 2011 lambo if it's all dented and scratched and it has 1990 motor. That's how this game feels. Seriously, i take back anything stupid i ever said about bc2's graphics/sounds.

The battle point system is kinda stupid. I have rockets but I can't use them until I earn a point. So lets say I earn points and unlock rockets. An enemy gets a tank so I do what a good bf engineer does, go after him with my rpgs. After 2 rpgs the tank 120s me. Fine. Respawn with rockets, but wait! I don't have any rockets because I didn't earn any BP yet. So how the eff am I going to get points if I can't move 2 feet before I get destroied by the tank?

In BF I spawn as an engineer and I have rockets. BP system is really stupid. Sure its a different scheme but it's silly and pointless. Which gets me into the main reason why this game is garbo:

For example, I'm a gey sniper with a nightvision scope. Yes, a bolt action with night vision and there is no counter for that. A sniper can see you as a big white figure no matter where you go or behind what you try to take cover. So the pen1s loving sniper manages to pop off several shots and earns some bp. He gets a drone with a machine gun. In his bush he calls his killer Johnny Five Live robot and goes into action. These things are effin op! You can't win a gun fight against them. They will scrap you, but they are down instantly with a knife, if you happen to get near them otherwise your going to get scrapped trying to fight them 1v1 ala-gun fight. So I manage to get 2-3 kills with this thing and earn some more battle points. Still in my secret sniping spot, now i call my f.ag-a55 para drone ish. I fly around and spot enemies. This is the most ishiest thing in the world. It's like the gey a55 motion sensors except you can cover the whole map. That's right. Enemies were now big red triangles and everytime your teammate kills them you get more bp!! You can now buy an op tank or chopper and if your lucky 90% of the time you'll play against a dumb team and you can merk them and earn more bp to buy another chopper.

BP system encourage the one thing that plagues fps: camping. It's not hard. Get a few kills, call your annoying drone thing and earn bp for more vehicles. God for bid you die a few times trying to cap a flag or defend it solo with 13 snipers on your team cause you'll be left with 0 bp. Now you can't shoot any enemy vehicles or drones with your pu55y rockets cause your not camping to earn bp and every bp you earn you lose cause you die constantly trying to play objectively.

Also the piece of sh1t pu55y rockets don't do anything. I shot 4-5 proximity air rockets at a heli (the one with machine gun not the attack heli) and got hit markers and it keeps killing me. Then I respawn again with no more bp and proceed to get a55 raped. The only efficient way to do it is to use a drone, the rhino.

So i do that. I have the rhino in all my classes and determined to shoot down every drone/uav/flying saucer/vehicle out there. For 4-5 games all I would do is hide behind a rock and roll around patroling the sky and ground. Finish a 20 minute game with 11 kills. So I said fukc it. I'm not having fun running around with cp30 and stuck to ground and pound. Getting sniped from everywhere, drone spotted spotted, losing gun fights to washing machines, getting killed by drones shooting rockets....*sigh*

It gets really terrible when you play against 16 other drone spamming then its just drone warefare. I wish they can let you customize your drone. Like put flames on it or added crome/decals on them. You can make them faster and stronger anyway so why not right?

Jeez. All this sh1t would of been whatever if the game didn't feel like I'm playing Robocop for the Geniuses. If your on the ps3 and played MAG (i played it for 15 minutes before hating it) then this game is exactly like that with more ball breaking stupid things.

16 v 16 sniper fest becomes a 16 v 16 drone/uav/vehicle fest. Oh and not to mention if you want to get into a game with friends it's almost impossible. Actually, it's impossible. Then you get into laggy servers and if you play skirmesh you get to play against j-tag glitchers and hackers since it's an unmonitered p2p setup. Leaderboards are already being glitched. I can't wait for bf3.

tl:dr - read it, it's good.

Back to top Go down
Killzone_Kid
Habitual Offender

Homefront Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 11:55 am

I thought the fact that you have to whore spotting drone to get BPs was not a bad idea, you have to do something for the team before you can do something for yourself.
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

Homefront Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 12:04 pm

Damn, that sounds retardedly unbalanced.
Back to top Go down
DGAF
Homosexual male
DGAF

Homefront Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 1:02 pm

It has 8-bit graphics. Homefront Review 446982
Back to top Go down
WantonHERO
Murderous Crack Fiend
WantonHERO

Homefront Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 1:33 pm

@Kill_zone: KZ my homie!!! Hyped your posting here bro. 'Helping your team', didn't every sensor spamming f.ag say the same thing in bc1 and bc2? The thing with it and the sensors in bc1/2 is that there was no counter to them.

Try playing against a team of 16 players where 4-5 of these players would have one of these sh1tty spotting drones up. The other team would just park behind cover and take aim at all the red triangles. It's bad game play. The worst part is it's easy to get the drone. In blops there was the blackbird but it was an 8 killstreak and it was used to find all the ghost campers. If they had that drone be hard to get or take more bp to earn then it would be ok. But it's cheap to get.

One dude had 40 assists in one of my games last night. That's 40 kills he spotted and not to count the ones he spotted and survived. One dude, 40 assists! Imagine 4-6 other dbags using the same to earn cheap gb points to get bigger vehicles?

@spacefox: dude it is. i mean some drones you need other drones to take out but again it just encourages people to camp for cheap gb to get more vehicles. How annoying were uav wh0res, artillary noobs in bc1 and air-raid queef-bags in 1943? this game has that times 100. think about how annoying the rcxd is in blops, this game times 100. you thought 3-4 snipers where annoying attacking port valdez, isla innocentes, or harvest day? this game has 7-8!...lame all around.

@flawless: LOL, can you believe that in 2011!?!
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

Homefront Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 1:34 pm

Thanks for the warning. Now I know for sure not to get it.
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

Homefront Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 1:43 pm

WantonHERO wrote:

@spacefox: dude it is. i mean some drones you need other drones to take out but again it just encourages people to camp for cheap gb to get more vehicles. How annoying were uav wh0res, artillary noobs in bc1 and air-raid queef-bags in 1943? this game has that times 100. think about how annoying the rcxd is in blops, this game times 100. you thought 3-4 snipers where annoying attacking port valdez, isla innocentes, or harvest day? this game has 7-8!...lame all around.
Shit, you'd think these devs would learn by now, people hate camping and anything that encourages it. Just ruins the game.

BF3 is looking better by the day.
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

Homefront Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 1:46 pm

No it isn't. Other games are just looking worse.

And clearly people LOVE camping. Maybe the people at Homefront knew that and they based a game on it. They analyzed the situation and knew that to get 100% of people camping, they had to have a way to go find and kill the other campers.
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

Homefront Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 1:58 pm

Fido wrote:

And clearly people LOVE camping. Maybe the people at Homefront knew that and they based a game on it. They analyzed the situation and knew that to get 100% of people camping, they had to have a way to go find and kill the other campers.
Which makes BF3 look better by comparison.

And everyone loves camping and doing well, but everyone hates being camped. It's retarded.
Back to top Go down
CptnShotgun
Eezo junkie
CptnShotgun

Homefront Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 2:41 pm

Killstreaks = Campers.
Low points for capping objectives = Campers.

That is what CoD, and every "CoD clone" is doing wrong. The moment you start giving huge rewards for killing over capping, then campers will come in droves.

That's why I'm hoping Brink will be different, the free-running aspect will be a godsend in the battle against camping, and the fact that you get tons of points for capping objectives will stop people camping in the first place.

Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

Homefront Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 2:56 pm

Brink gives less XP for killing, and more for healing, buffing, objectives, etc.

so yah, hoping that turns out to be much more team focused.

Other then Brink, BF3 is the only other shooter I'm looking forward too.
Back to top Go down
St NickelStew
Midget
St NickelStew

Homefront Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 3:22 pm

Ronin0ni wrote:
Brink gives less XP for killing, and more for healing, buffing, objectives, etc.

so yah, hoping that turns out to be much more team focused.

Other then Brink, BF3 is the only other shooter I'm looking forward too.

This.

I cancelled my Homefront preorder once I learned there were no teamplay elements in it. Brink continues to look fun. So does BF3. I have no regrets about not getting Homefront.
Back to top Go down
Killzone_Kid
Habitual Offender

Homefront Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 3:41 pm

Fido wrote:

This^^^

@Wanton..When you gonna get PS3? Smile
Back to top Go down
VILE
God Damn Mother Fucking VILE
VILE

Homefront Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 7:34 pm

Yes....get a ps3 and stop with the not-having-a-ps3...
Back to top Go down
Eradicated
Murderous Crack Fiend
Eradicated

Homefront Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 7:55 pm

Judging by how badly Homefront is getting shotdown here, looks like im not getting it then.

fudge this shit, im gonna buy Minecraft instead...
Back to top Go down
VILE
God Damn Mother Fucking VILE
VILE

Homefront Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 8:00 pm

Eradicated wrote:
Judging by how badly Homefront is getting shotdown here, looks like im not getting it then.

fudge this shit, im gonna buy Minecraft instead...

Yeah, but forget Minecraft, you should keep your money for the next Hannah Montana game on SingStar....
Back to top Go down
Eradicated
Murderous Crack Fiend
Eradicated

Homefront Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 8:49 pm

VILE wrote:

Yeah, but forget Minecraft, you should keep your money for the next Hannah Montana game on SingStar....
Actually, I was saving up for a Playstation Move so I can play Extreme Leprechaun Tossing Olympics 2011.
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

Homefront Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 8:58 pm

Eradicated wrote:
VILE wrote:

Actually, I was saving up for a Playstation Move so I can play Extreme Leprechaun Tossing Olympics 2011.
Woah, I had no idea they were making a game for the Special Olympics.
Back to top Go down
DGAF
Homosexual male
DGAF

Homefront Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 9:21 pm

SpaceFox wrote:

Woah, I had no idea they were making a game for the Special Olympics.

They already have; its called QWOP.
Back to top Go down
SomeMexicanGuy
TL;DR
SomeMexicanGuy

Homefront Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 9:33 pm

FLaWxLeSs wrote:

They already have; its called BC2.
Fixed.
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

Homefront Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 10:00 pm

SomeMexicanGuy wrote:
FLaWxLeSs wrote:

They already have; its called 1943.
Fixed.
Fixed fixed.
Back to top Go down
Hawk
Hawk
Hawk

Homefront Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review Icon_minitimeSun Mar 20, 2011 11:22 pm

you broke it
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

Homefront Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 1:15 am

BAHAHAHAHAHHA Wanton got raped at homefront now hes mad hahahahahaha
Back to top Go down
ShowyAsh
Midget
ShowyAsh

Homefront Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 7:50 am

The game is a nice change from BO. We had 8 of us playing in a server yesterday. Pretty fun with some teamwork.
Back to top Go down
Killzone_Kid
Habitual Offender

Homefront Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 9:42 am

Hom0front.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Homefront Review Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Homefront Review
Page 1 of 7Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next