Gametanamo Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for degenerates to shoot shit about their favorite hobby

HomeHomepageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.

Go down 
+22
FFigh
BOOOGER
WantonHERO
Derozero
Hawk
Daedra
GorillazInm1st
Fido
GnarlyBromance
Skreshavik
leblackdragon
St NickelStew
UnrepentantN00b
RoninHo'in
bat
VILE
Andreas of SWE
TOA Obelysk
CptnShotgun
Alyss
DTECH
ShowyAsh
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jan 10, 2011 5:35 pm

yah, im more interested in brink as well.

the parkour movement should hopefully prove interesting
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 7:40 pm

pwned.
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 8:19 pm

Double-post
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 12:28 am

Yet something tells me Gnarly isn't collecting everyone's IP and comparing them to one-another...

...It could also be a proxy, too.
Back to top Go down
GnarlyBromance
Admin
GnarlyBromance

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 12:34 am

I can easily get them...

it is amazing how much data can be gained simply by going to a website... however the IP only gives me the location of your ISP...which I can zoom right in on in a built in google map in the admin UI
Back to top Go down
http://www.gametanamo.com
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 12:41 am

which still doesn't tell you much....

Actually, it's off by about 20 miles for me.
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 12:42 am

Where do I live, Gnarly? If you can guess within 5-10 miles of my current location (city-basis,) I'll deem it accurate.
Back to top Go down
GnarlyBromance
Admin
GnarlyBromance

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 4:35 pm

I cleaned it up/ was cleaning it literally as you moved it.

/sigh

Live and learn right?

Ill let you (ronin) decide when to move it back, you can look over it again.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 4:37 pm

Haha As I was looking it over I thought... wow.. .this looks cleaned up already...

I already moved it back

oh yah

and tsktsk Razz

That's why i've been keeping my dayum mouff shut
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 4:38 pm

I almost edited your post when I saw it too is the funny thing, but thought "naah, he doesn't really reveal anything"

I got a call and was corrected on that O.o

that's right.. I got a call... because of YOU Razz
Back to top Go down
GnarlyBromance
Admin
GnarlyBromance

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 4:54 pm

should I just stamp "RETARD" on my forehead? haha
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 4:59 pm

sounds good. haha
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 8:00 pm

Damn, they really were watching you Shocked

Big Brother really is everywhere Shifty Eyes
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 8:02 pm

I've been tellin you that since day 1 shrek Wink
Back to top Go down
leblackdragon
Midget
leblackdragon

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 10:55 am

Weapons/vehicles/perks:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g2rAoSY4E
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 11:46 am

leblackdragon wrote:
Weapons/vehicles/perks:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g7g2rAoSY4E
Wow. All the bad perks from Modern Warfail 2 are back.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AlyssSilence
leblackdragon
Midget
leblackdragon

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 4:01 pm

http://games.uk.msn.com/gaming/previews/articles.aspx?cp-documentid=155930045

Quote :
In command
Another unique mechanism on offer is Battle Commander, a kind of automatic general. This will mine data from what's going on in your session, paying close attention to how you're playing. When Battle Commander is on, it will reward you with things like flak jackets or UAV scans, which make you invisible to drones, if you get on a streak.

Or, if you aren't having such a productive time, it will direct you towards enemies it has earmarked. Battle Commander introduces a five-star system, where you earn stars for heroic play. Get to five stars in a session (something which requires serious ninja abilities) and Battle Commander will assign the whole of the enemy team to take you out.

Fine gameplay
Homefront's multiplayer action is absolutely superb, with excellent map design and clever mechanics such as Battle Points and Battle Commander.

It also shows the single-minded focus of Kaos, not least in the surprisingly small number of multiplayer modes. As well as Team Deathmatch there is Ground Control, where two teams battle it out to hold three specific areas. When one prevails, the objectives move, taking the battlefront to another part of the map. The first team to get two objectives wins; Ground Control is reminiscent of Battlefield: Bad Company 2's Squad Rush mode.

Add Battle Commander to both, and it effectively creates two new modes, with extra objectives and rewards. Daly said: "We're not trying to deliver every mode you've ever played before, like capture the flag and so on. Although we enjoy them, we wanted to focus on what's new and different about the game." So, could we expect new modes in the future? "It could happen, via DLC perhaps."

Eight multiplayer maps will ship with the game, which seemed pretty spot-on to us: they are absolutely huge. Ground Control map Farm starts in a wooded hillside studded with giant barns and a crumbling church, but if you hit your objectives, you move on into a more industrial area. Crossroads centres on an area of ruined highway, full of concrete pipes to hide in, while the Team Deathmatch map Suburbs takes place in a classic suburban area, with plenty of houses in which you can escape the attentions of drones. A couple of the maps are infantry-only, with no vehicles. Those are tighter, still let you use drones and the like, and provide a noticeably more CoD-like gameplay experience.

Overall impressions
Many of the Kaos staff were formerly employed by Battlefield developer DICE and that legacy shows through clearly in Homefront's multiplayer. It's absolutely top-class, and cleverly designed to attract devotees of Battlefield, CoD, online FPS ninjas and newbs alike.
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 6:55 pm

Holy sugar. I haven't actually read any of this but if this is the game where the US gets invaded I really like the storyline. If this is another game then Jesus fudge I should've probably read it.

But really, is it the one where North Korea/China invades the US?
Back to top Go down
GorillazInm1st
TITS or GTFO
GorillazInm1st

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 9:17 pm

Fido wrote:
Holy sugar. I haven't actually read any of this but if this is the game where the US gets invaded I really like the storyline. If this is another game then Jesus fudge I should've probably read it.

But really, is it the one where North Korea/China invades the US?
Yes, this is that game.
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 4:10 am

Sweet. My potential get list of games is growing fast... looks like lots of potential coming soon. Can't expect it all to be good but I'm sure one or two great games will rise out of the sugar-pile.

Last edited by CptnShotgun on Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:04 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : DO A BARREL ROLL)
Back to top Go down
Daedra
Whilst
Whilst
Daedra

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 2:30 pm

Just in case people don't know, this game is being made by Kaos studios.
Kaos studios was born from Trauma studios, the mod team that made the BF: 1942 Desert Combat mod and then was recruited by DICE to work on BF2 (then got rid of straight after)

They then became Kaos and released Frontlines: Fuel of War.

I don't know if anyone else played FFoW but it was a pretty shonky homage to Battlefield games, it was buggy and personally I didn't enjoy it at all.

I remain dubious about this game, especially the PC version that was thrown over to a dedicated porting team (saying that they were the ones who prepared UT2K4 so... I'm torn)
Back to top Go down
ShowyAsh
Midget
ShowyAsh

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 3:31 pm

http://www.gametrailers.com/video/multiplayer-walkthrough-homefront/709513
and
http://www.gametrailers.com/video/multiplayer-walkthrough-homefront/709511

The guy playing sucks. I love the idea of battlecommander. I hope the demo is coming soon.
Back to top Go down
Hawk
Hawk
Hawk

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 4:20 pm

looks cool, but i've learned my lesson on pre ordering games.
Back to top Go down
Hawk
Hawk
Hawk

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 9:45 pm

And also, most of their staff are the former employees of...wait for it.... DICE.

Yeah so lets just hope it was the employees that made Bf2, bc1 ect.
Back to top Go down
Daedra
Whilst
Whilst
Daedra

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 10:18 pm

Hawk wrote:
And also, most of their staff are the former employees of...wait for it.... DICE.

Yeah so lets just hope it was the employees that made Bf2, bc1 ect.

No. Not quite

DICE (as a separate entity) made BF 1942 and Vietnam.
Trauma studios were a mod team who made possibly one of the most successful mods ever; Desert Combat, a mod for BF: 1942
DICE then recruited Trauma studios to help make BF2. Although Trauma were now part of DICE, they still existed by themselves.

When the merger of EA and DICE was starting (before the release of 2142) EA axed Trauma Studios completely.

Later on THQ picked up Trauma and called them Kaos studios. They then made Frontlines: Fuel of War which was originally slated to be a Battlefield killer of a game. This was not to be, buggy release, uninvolved gameplay made it a bit of a flop.

Now they are working on Homefront.

Just to clarify, Trauma/Kaos had nothing to do with anything other than DC and BF2 in the Battlefield world.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.
Page 2 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next