Gametanamo Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for degenerates to shoot shit about their favorite hobby

HomeHomepageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.

Go down 
+22
FFigh
BOOOGER
WantonHERO
Derozero
Hawk
Daedra
GorillazInm1st
Fido
GnarlyBromance
Skreshavik
leblackdragon
St NickelStew
UnrepentantN00b
RoninHo'in
bat
VILE
Andreas of SWE
TOA Obelysk
CptnShotgun
Alyss
DTECH
ShowyAsh
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
ShowyAsh
Midget
ShowyAsh

Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 10, 2011 10:46 pm

5 days.....fudge yea!
Back to top Go down
DTECH
Master of Facts, Factual Evidence, and Facts
DTECH

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 9:05 am

Gut_Tech wrote:
I just pre-ordered it today myself.

Went ahead and preordered homefront, brink, and mortal kombat.

I had to go to Gamestop anyway to turn in Blackops on warranty and get myself a new free copy (well, free minus the 3 dollar cost of the warranty) because I folded my original copy in half the other day in a fit of rage. I swear to god, ima stop even using the fking SR-71. Getting a BB is a frikken death sentence for me, kinda like in BC2, whenever you run low on ammo and re-fill by killing and kit-raping an enemy assault, you know you will die by the next enemy you run across. Same with BB. I turn it on, see all the red arrows, and play as carefully as I possibly can so I can get 1 more kill and get a chopper. But noooooooo they all have jesus-health and cant be killed no matter what I do.

Anyway, with those 3 games pre-ordered, I can relax knowing that I wont have to resort to blackops every time I get bored of BC2.

Sweet I also preordered it (Homefront), we can play together and hold hands digitally at least

Skype anytime soon bitch?

Last edited by DTECH on Fri Mar 11, 2011 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Vanished
BLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 10:03 am

I'm not pre-ordering the game, but I will get it if people say it's good when it comes out xD.

Hmm I wonder if you can tbag on this game? Gutty will be the first person to get one if I can >:].
Back to top Go down
VILE
God Damn Mother Fucking VILE
VILE

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 10:05 am

i haven't checked this thread in a while, that gameplay footage looks excellent, gonna preorder that shit today......

and Mk
Back to top Go down
ShowyAsh
Midget
ShowyAsh

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeSun Mar 13, 2011 9:59 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XWB1KTJWzgU

3 days!
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 5:12 am

Played it for about 2 hours straight. Sniping can be EZ-mode, but if a guy with a rifle gets to half the distance you're shooting from, gg.

Apache is gay as fuck.

Not a lot of weapons.

Camo is pretty cool, but it's just camo.

Motherfucking Apache fucker.

Sniper doesn't have any attachments, so it's the same scope every time you pick it up.

No different sidearms?
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 5:15 am

Shut the fuck up, Skresh.
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 5:53 am

no u
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 6:15 am

fudge 18th release date bullshit...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AlyssSilence
ShowyAsh
Midget
ShowyAsh

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 7:42 am

Went to the Best Buy midnight launch....Yeah there wasn't one! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
sPurMiN_gErMin
Lederhosen
sPurMiN_gErMin

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 8:40 am

lol...atleast they know how to advertise...

Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 7 Homefront
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 8:48 am

Is this an EA game? if so I might have to start using it in arguments.
Back to top Go down
sPurMiN_gErMin
Lederhosen
sPurMiN_gErMin

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 8:55 am

Nah its actually published by THQ...well...they are almost as shady as EA...so it really doesnt make a difference in the end.
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 8:59 am

Kinda like DICE and EA. I understand completely.
Back to top Go down
GnarlyBromance
Admin
GnarlyBromance

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 10:10 am

I'm playing Total War: Shogun 2!! Just launched today! SUCKERS!
Back to top Go down
http://www.gametanamo.com
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 1:23 pm

Oh it's out now?

I think they overplayed the Battlecommander IMO... it's just a preset killstreak reward system, that just adds making you a target to the other team (which ACTUALLY feeds you more kills as it gives it to their worst performing players, so the n00blets on the other team are the ones that come for you first... get up to level 6 or 7 and you'll start attracting the attention of the good players though... but you've got radar and ish to help you out.

Battlepoints are interesting... but vehicles are point sinks... for the best bang for your buck, stay on foot and just buy equipment like Body Armor, IR Goggles, Rocket Launchers, etc. Take an Airstrike on your sniper (along with scout drone) and you can 1 shot tanks for 2/3rds the price they paid to get it.

Sniper rifles are absurdely OP unless the mega nerfed em.... Built in IR scope on a OHK at any range super accurate snippy riffle with minimal scope sway.... :rolleyes:

Scout drone is the biggest point farmer ever... if you want points, and don't see all the enemy being lit up like chirstmas trees.... spawn your sniper/recon kit, pop a scout drone, and earn 1000 points in 1 minute flat. (after paying back the 500 drone investment). Not to mention it returns us to the 3D spotting on par with BC1...

I think a lot of people will take to the game... it really really reminded me of CoD in it's pacing, and BP is WAAAAY cooler then the killstreak rewards IMO... but... I hate CoD pacing.

Homefront is a definite pass for me. I'll prolly rent it sooner or later like when I finish DA2.... if Brink isn't about to drop... which is likely)

Course, once Brink comes out, I prolly won't have any interest whatsoever.... so I might not get around to even renting it.
Back to top Go down
St NickelStew
Midget
St NickelStew

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 3:24 pm

I still haven't gotten to level 50 in BC2, yet. I will be passing on Homefront, personally, though I know several on my friends list will be getting it.
Back to top Go down
GnarlyBromance
Admin
GnarlyBromance

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 3:27 pm

I dont think you would like it Nick, plays a lot like CoD in the weapon handling. They added a few things to the formula, but nothing that really sets it apart in my book
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 3:32 pm

^This

Which is why I said it's more of a competitor to CoD then BF

It IS a good game IMO... better then CoD in it's design with BP, vehicles, and everything else...

BUT... I just don't like the pacing personally.

I think they got screwed with the reviews personally though. Should have been a meta score of at least 80-82 in my book. (and CoD should be down there with it)

I actually rate BC2 about the same actually.... even though I like it a HELL of a lot more, they are different for different audiences.
Back to top Go down
St NickelStew
Midget
St NickelStew

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 3:34 pm

I canceled my preorder for Homefront when I realized there were no teamplay elements, which I define as one class being able to help another (like healing or giving ammo). A game where one class must help another is much more appealing to me. Which is why I am looking forward to Brink (where I am also looking forward to playing a large body size!).
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 3:38 pm

yah, classes are non-existant in Homefront...

It's VERY CoDish in it's "Class" system

Take a weapon.... Take a sidearm... equip perks (better perk system too IMO btw)... equip Buy Options (ok, this is new... and kick @ss)... spawn kill, die, respawn, rinse, repeat.

Generally... any game that FORCES respawn after x seconds instead of DELAYING respawn for 'x' seconds isn't my kind of game. I think Brink has instant respawns... but it also has real class definitions.... with each class having different actual mission objectives even.

I'm really looking forward to Brink... If they fudge up balance, I'll just take it as a co-op game where I know Bots will auto spread out the class roles & equipment evenly.
Back to top Go down
St NickelStew
Midget
St NickelStew

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 3:46 pm

They have had a whole lot of time to balance Brink, so hopefully *is* balanced (certainly they think so).

I think there are respawn waves in Brink, about every 20 seconds or so. If you die at the wrong time, as it were, you will wait longer than other times. But you can also choose to not respawn and wait for a medic. Really, there seem to be a lot more choices to make, perhaps even than BC2.

And, to stay on topic, much more so than Homefront.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 4:00 pm

yah, all their other games had respawn waves....

That means taking out a group can give you a good chance to make headway before they respawn... I kinda like that.

Insta respawns just takes away the effect of killing the enemy... especially in objective gameplay..... they are back in like 2-3 seconds tops.
Back to top Go down
GnarlyBromance
Admin
GnarlyBromance

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 4:36 pm

PC gamer gave Homefront at 79, and CoD:BO was in the low 80s I belive, maybe a 79 as well.

Funny how CoD is from a PC gamer perspective when it goes up agains Counter Strike, TF2, Quake, BF2...etc.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 7 Icon_minitimeTue Mar 15, 2011 4:44 pm

PC Gamer is a tad better.....

I think it has to do with target/market audience....

The console market it flooded with hype and marketing.

I would prolly game on PC if it weren't for the fact I'm basically sick of mouse gaming, and controller vs mouse aim is a MASSIVE handicap

Well, that and I'm constantly broke lmao can't build a good rig with no dough
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 7 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.
Page 7 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next