Gametanamo Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for degenerates to shoot shit about their favorite hobby

HomeHomepageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Great article about Battlefield 3 tech...and consoles

Go down 
+5
St NickelStew
CptnShotgun
RoninHo'in
Fido
GnarlyBromance
9 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
GnarlyBromance
Admin
GnarlyBromance

Great article about Battlefield 3 tech...and consoles - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Great article about Battlefield 3 tech...and consoles   Great article about Battlefield 3 tech...and consoles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 6:35 pm

I wasn't quoting steam for overall numbers, just for watching percent growth from vietnam release and BF3 announcement
Back to top Go down
http://www.gametanamo.com
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: Great article about Battlefield 3 tech...and consoles   Great article about Battlefield 3 tech...and consoles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 6:35 pm

Daedra wrote:

You can't really use Steam for the stats. Steam will show ALL Blops players whenever they play. Only a small proportion own BC2 on Steam (i.e. not me)
I'll quote Xfire instead:
Minues played today:
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Multiplayer

World of Warcraft

Call of Duty 2 Multiplayer

League of Legends

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Oh look, Blops is missing...

Gnarly was using Steam. BO being missing doesn't mean anything anyway, no way it's being played less than BC2. Oh, look. CoD4 and CoD2 are beating BC2. That was kinda the point I was making.
Back to top Go down
GnarlyBromance
Admin
GnarlyBromance

PostSubject: Re: Great article about Battlefield 3 tech...and consoles   Great article about Battlefield 3 tech...and consoles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 6:39 pm

Fido wrote:

Another problem you guys have is that you claim the game works perfectly well... but it doesn't. That's the problem. You think it does because you've gotten used to the little bugs and the glitches and the stupid display errors. On other games they fix that stuff. DICE just lets you get used to it. That's shameful.

That is not a true statement, at least for the PC side (console side, maybe but I really don't give a fudge about that anymore)

What problems they did have were due to being a new game engine, which is what you get with progress. BO is not progress, Battlefield series is progress from a technological standpoint
Back to top Go down
GnarlyBromance
Admin
GnarlyBromance

PostSubject: Re: Great article about Battlefield 3 tech...and consoles   Great article about Battlefield 3 tech...and consoles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 6:40 pm

Fido wrote:
Daedra wrote:

You can't really use Steam for the stats. Steam will show ALL Blops players whenever they play. Only a small proportion own BC2 on Steam (i.e. not me)
I'll quote Xfire instead:
Minues played today:
Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Multiplayer

World of Warcraft

Call of Duty 2 Multiplayer

League of Legends

Battlefield: Bad Company 2

Oh look, Blops is missing...

Gnarly was using Steam. BO being missing doesn't mean anything anyway, no way it's being played less than BC2. Oh, look. CoD4 and CoD2 are beating BC2. That was kinda the point I was making.

Black ops FORCES people to play through steam so the numbers (around 40k) are accurate on PC.

CoD 2 and CoD4 were actually good games for the time...that isn't part of the argument
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: Great article about Battlefield 3 tech...and consoles   Great article about Battlefield 3 tech...and consoles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 6:48 pm

GnarlyBromance wrote:

That is not a true statement, at least for the PC side (console side, maybe but I really don't give a fudge about that anymore)

What problems they did have were due to being a new game engine, which is what you get with progress. BO is not progress, Battlefield series is progress from a technological standpoint

It is a true statement. Play some different FPSes and see if you get a headshot on someone's toe, or a non-headshot when you're sniping and you only see their head and nothing else. Does not happen. If it does, the games are considered bad. lol, like BC2.

You remember the arty glitch in BC1? Remember the unlimited JDAM glitch? Those were the same. Remember the BC2 beta? Remember that unlimited mortar thing, and that unlimited medkit thing? They were still there. After so many problems with BC1, they were still in the BC2 beta. That means between BC1 and BC2 they didn't fix the things most wrong with the game. And the graphics of BC1 and BC2 are virtually identical minus the grain filter. The engine isn't improving. They released BC1, 1943, and BC2, and the engine is still horrible. They invested in a new engine and now they're hellbent on using it, damnit, whether it's good or not!

Also Daedras stats were minutes played, the Steam stats were players playing. Can't compare them that way. Both stats show even old CoDs are more popular than BC2 is now, in both minutes played and players playing. Don't try to distort the stats. Whatever loopy regulations the PC nerds have in place have nothing to do with me or the popularity of the games... that's marketing. Like you don't care about consoles, I don't care about PCs. I do want to see DICE actually improve its products which is the whole point of these arguments. I want a non-CoD game to be fun too. Right now they aren't. I want a game with tanks and helicopters... one that works and is fun to play. Right now there ain't one. So I'll keep arguing this and winning until there's a good game for me to play. As long as people keep following blind hype the laws of Capitalism dictate there will be no improvement in the games released.
Back to top Go down
Daedra
Whilst
Whilst
Daedra

PostSubject: Re: Great article about Battlefield 3 tech...and consoles   Great article about Battlefield 3 tech...and consoles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 6:50 pm

Fido wrote:
Where BC2 gives a bunch of awful, inexcusably poor map packs for free and then whops you with one decent one & some DLC, BO goes out and makes a ton of great maps with the game, THEN releases quality DLC. BC2 had very little maps included with the game and the ones they had, sucked. Bottlenecks, bad design, large amounts of nothing at all separating stupid outposts on every map. CoD maps are for the most part logical and playtested. So when BO releases a map pack, I'll buy it.

Operative word there being "free". Acti would have charged for that.
Blops only has a few good maps, many are just terrible. Cracked, Crisis, Hanoi, Nuketown, Summit and Villa are terrible maps, especially for a CoD game.
BC2 releases an expansion that gives a load of new weapons, 5 new (and large) maps, new vehicles and an entirely new setting.
What does Blops offer? 5 maps (one is a zombie map). For the same amount of money. (not to mention they delayed the PS3 release and PC still don't even have a date for it...)

I'm sticking with DICE, I'm fed up of being bent over by Activision and CoD
Back to top Go down
GnarlyBromance
Admin
GnarlyBromance

PostSubject: Re: Great article about Battlefield 3 tech...and consoles   Great article about Battlefield 3 tech...and consoles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 6:56 pm

Daedra wrote:

I'm sticking with DICE, I'm fed up of being bent over by Activision and CoD

Yep...exactly, and 75% of the entire video game community has come to realize that
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: Great article about Battlefield 3 tech...and consoles   Great article about Battlefield 3 tech...and consoles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 6:59 pm

They'd have charged for it, but they'd also have made quality maps. You get what you pay for.

Hanoi, Nuketown, Summit, and Villa are great maps, dunno what you're talking about. Cracked and Crisis as the 2 bad maps of the game. Will surrender that. Villa is fun. Nuketown is its own type of map. It's the intensely-small map that has to be included with every CoD game. Fun for its own type of games. And you'd be surprised how good people can hide on a map that small in S&D. Hanoi, what are you talking about. Beautiful map, great layout. The interior is the combat zone, the outside - which cannot see into the interior - is the camp ring. It's perfectly designed. There's 2 main buildings in the center where people camp, both easily identified and called out to teammates, etc. On the periphery of the map you need to be sneaky. Summit is genius, I don't even know how you can list that one as a bad map.

Black Ops isn't quite as old as BC2 yet, and bearing that in mind, it actually came with a Zombie mode rather than BC2's onslaught which was available for purchase after the game came out (and sucked). If we're full-on comparing the games then allow me to free up half an hour to explain why BO wins hands down... but I won't go there because you've heard it before from everyone who's got a day playtime or more on both games.

You're actually bending over for DICE and DICE is shoving something more jagged up there than the CoD series.
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: Great article about Battlefield 3 tech...and consoles   Great article about Battlefield 3 tech...and consoles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 7:00 pm

GnarlyBromance wrote:

Yep...exactly, and 75% of the entire video game community has come to realize that

Explain that statistic because as far as I can see it most people still prefer CoD to anything DICE released recently. I mean, CoD's not perfect, but compared to BC2? come on? really? lol. You know if BF3 is a good game I'll be all over it. But that's a big if. If you gotta pick a current FPS... most people will go with CoD. I would love to see you attempt to dispel that fact. It is extremely well-known that the CoD series are more popular. Don't blame the consumer... blame the product.
Back to top Go down
GnarlyBromance
Admin
GnarlyBromance

PostSubject: Re: Great article about Battlefield 3 tech...and consoles   Great article about Battlefield 3 tech...and consoles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 7:05 pm

Dude....I have 56 hours on BO, in the first few weeks....

I have played both enough to know, For me it comes down to gameplay. Graphics, maps, guns...whatever. CoD is just a fast twitch fest....

Battlefield games are the games I always come back to, I can never really stop playing them simply due to gameplay. When they talk about their "battlefield moments" that is really true. The times I kill 5 people on the brink of dieing, going through my main weapon clip and my pistol clip (as well as a rocket or grenade and knife) due to fast thinking and skill rather than just getting sprayed in the face by a 12 year old.

The larger maps is also what gets me. I have been playing Harvest Day conquest servers practically non-stop (sometimes ill switch to oasis, or a few others)....but I can play that map for EVER
Back to top Go down
GnarlyBromance
Admin
GnarlyBromance

PostSubject: Re: Great article about Battlefield 3 tech...and consoles   Great article about Battlefield 3 tech...and consoles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 7:07 pm

Fido wrote:
GnarlyBromance wrote:

Explain that statistic because as far as I can see it most people still prefer CoD to anything DICE released recently. I mean, CoD's not perfect, but compared to BC2? come on? really? lol. You know if BF3 is a good game I'll be all over it. But that's a big if. If you gotta pick a current FPS... most people will go with CoD. I would love to see you attempt to dispel that fact. It is extremely well-known that the CoD series are more popular. Don't blame the consumer... blame the product.

That was obviously a statistic I pulled out of my ass (duh) But from what I read, Reddit.com mainly which is a huuuge site. Everybody is over Activision and their sugar. CoD has run its course, mainly because it is THE SAME GAME every freaking year. No new developments, nothing....
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: Great article about Battlefield 3 tech...and consoles   Great article about Battlefield 3 tech...and consoles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 7:12 pm

So okay... you're pulling statistics out of your ass and using them in arguments and you expect to win them?

BTW CoD series have more BF moments than BC2 ever did. Being last alive on Search and Destroy and doing something INCREDIBLY awesome like kill the entire team happens all the time there... BC2 is easy so when you pull of something "incredible" you can probably do it again next game if you try a bit. Plus when you squad with someone like Blackrose every day, on BC2, and he shoots down the enemy heli at the start of a game, with a tank, as it's taking off the first time in that game (after the mad TK rush to get to it of course)... the BF moments start to cheapen. BF moments become just messing with people, like a sniper camping on top of a ship. And we all know that when you're gonna really try to annoy people you get them in CoD where they're all SERIOUS BUSINESS and easily excited... on BC2 it's just old people going "damn he killed me oh no i have to go to work now turn console off hmm which button was that again" on CoD you get hate mail and hate talk and people threaten to Jack the Ripper your mother. You can always also rely on the 10 year olds to have what we call a KILL KILL KILL mentality. You show them an enemy and they get tunnel vision and they go for it. This leads to hilarity every damn time.

BF moments are better on CoD.

And people aren't over CoD quite yet. I guarantee more people will buy the next installment of the CoD in the first week than bought BC2... ever. Just because you are doesn't mean anything. Again the numbers are on my side... BC2 sucks and you guys are just hanging on out of loyalty. You're the minority. Clearly CoD is the more successful product in every way.
Back to top Go down
Daedra
Whilst
Whilst
Daedra

PostSubject: Re: Great article about Battlefield 3 tech...and consoles   Great article about Battlefield 3 tech...and consoles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 7:28 pm

Fido wrote:
BTW CoD series have more BF moments than BC2 ever did. Being last alive on Search and Destroy and doing something INCREDIBLY awesome like kill the entire team happens all the time there... BC2 is easy so when you pull of something "incredible" you can probably do it again next game if you try a bit. Plus when you squad with someone like Blackrose every day, on BC2, and he shoots down the enemy heli at the start of a game, with a tank, as it's taking off the first time in that game (after the mad TK rush to get to it of course)... the BF moments start to cheapen. BF moments become just messing with people, like a sniper camping on top of a ship. And we all know that when you're gonna really try to annoy people you get them in CoD where they're all SERIOUS BUSINESS and easily excited... on BC2 it's just old people going "damn he killed me oh no i have to go to work now turn console off hmm which button was that again" on CoD you get hate mail and hate talk and people threaten to Jack the Ripper your mother. You can always also rely on the 10 year olds to have what we call a KILL KILL KILL mentality. You show them an enemy and they get tunnel vision and they go for it. This leads to hilarity every damn time.

BF moments are better on CoD.

I've got a serious amount more play time on CoD games than BF games, a massive amount. I was in a CoD/CoD2/CoD4 so its only natural.
I've had many more such moments in BF than I ever have in CoD.
My favourite was playing the last stage of Valpariaso rush. Our team was crap, we were nearly out of tickets. Somehow someone in our team snuck in and armed the final M-COM with about 10 tickets left for our team. His squad and everybody there was wiped out. I was on my way in a Blackhawk with a team mate in the back. He took out one or two before being shot by a sniper). The Blackhawk was dying, I aimed it at one person running for the M-COM and jumped out (about 2 tickets left). The Blackhawk which squished him and killed him, a moment later the siren went into its final noise (1 ticket). With me standing in the open if I died before the M-COM blew then we lose. I took out about 3 unsuspecting people before being hit by a CG from nowhere, now nearly dead. I saw the person who fired it finishing his reload and was about to fire again... then the round ended...
Now THAT is a BF moment, far better than anything CoD has given me.
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: Great article about Battlefield 3 tech...and consoles   Great article about Battlefield 3 tech...and consoles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 7:34 pm

Yeah didn't read all that sorry. I'm sure it was good for you though. I had a couple nice moments in BC2 too but they were thanks to the people I was squadding with and their senses of humor. Bad-ass moments are gonna happen in every video game. That's not something BF can put an exclusive claim to.

Speaking of...

Just noticed the BO maps are out on PS3 finally. YAY
Back to top Go down
SomeMexicanGuy
TL;DR
SomeMexicanGuy

PostSubject: Re: Great article about Battlefield 3 tech...and consoles   Great article about Battlefield 3 tech...and consoles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 8:07 pm

GnarlyBromance wrote:

That was obviously a statistic I pulled out of my ass (duh) But from what I read, Reddit.com mainly which is a huuuge site. Everybody is over Activision and their sugar. CoD has run its course, mainly because it is THE SAME GAME every freaking year. No new developments, nothing....
iirc you've said PC is different than console. Fido is on console, so arguing about the BC2 and BO while you're comparing the PC versions to Fido's console versions doesn't make sense. Think about the console version of BC2. How many of the things that Fido has said about it are true? I've had way more playtime on BC2 than on BO and I prefer BO. Only reason I don't play it as much is because I lag most of the time, but that is due to my sugar connection. Also, BC2 is way too easy. I don't even need a whole squad of friends, just another clan member to be in my game and we win 95% of the games we join pretty easily. On BO, I tend to end up playing vs people who are better than me who actually offer a challenge unlike people I run into on BC2. Only games I find somewhat enjoyable on BC2 are all-star games, but I can't play in those because it usually means people from all over the world are in that server, which makes me lag a lot.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Great article about Battlefield 3 tech...and consoles   Great article about Battlefield 3 tech...and consoles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 03, 2011 9:23 pm

? ha, Vietnam usually fills up more then Vanilla.

Especially Hastings and Phu Bai maps
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: Great article about Battlefield 3 tech...and consoles   Great article about Battlefield 3 tech...and consoles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 04, 2011 3:50 am

BO maps are amazing. Except Stadium which sucks. Berlin Wall's my new fave map... then Kowloon. The Aurora Borealis one is beautiful.
Back to top Go down
Yoshi
Gutman with a gat
Yoshi

PostSubject: Re: Great article about Battlefield 3 tech...and consoles   Great article about Battlefield 3 tech...and consoles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 2:36 am

Fido wrote:
Their experimentation gave them the virtual equivalent of Herpes.

VIP still cracks me up when I think about what a fail that was.
i cant believe i brought a VIP code Coffee Cup
yes it was convient for the amount of profiles i made and i did have some spare money lying around but why o why did i do it?
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: Great article about Battlefield 3 tech...and consoles   Great article about Battlefield 3 tech...and consoles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 3:49 am

They got me too with that shit before I wizened up. Rip-off artists...
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Great article about Battlefield 3 tech...and consoles   Great article about Battlefield 3 tech...and consoles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 1:05 pm

/facepalm

"But I must Haz 10 different account for no apparent reason"

Why not just stick with the 1 account FFS? I sure as sh*t wouldn't have bought a code, and I've warned everyone I tell about the game to not buy it used unless it's at least like $20 cheaper then new
Back to top Go down
GnarlyBromance
Admin
GnarlyBromance

PostSubject: Re: Great article about Battlefield 3 tech...and consoles   Great article about Battlefield 3 tech...and consoles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 1:12 pm

No VIP system on PC....just free updates haha

I can also have multiple soldiers on 1 EA account (like all BF titles)
but since there is no VIP it doesnt matter anyways, content is content. Only one you need to buy is Vietnam
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: Great article about Battlefield 3 tech...and consoles   Great article about Battlefield 3 tech...and consoles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 4:16 pm

Ronin0ni wrote:
/facepalm

"But I must Haz 10 different account for no apparent reason"

Why not just stick with the 1 account FFS? I sure as sh*t wouldn't have bought a code, and I've warned everyone I tell about the game to not buy it used unless it's at least like $20 cheaper then new

Because 1 account is annoying. They get spammed. They get your name associated with them. There's also online presence and real life presence, and sometimes you need more than one account for that reason alone - one to game with the weirdos you know online, and one for friends IRL.

And anyway, making PSNs is free, which makes it addicting. It's fun. Not to mention stats, getting into easier games where you can mess around through matchmaking, etc. Lots of reasons which would make someone want a new account. Clans, too. Join a clan... clan disbands... join a new clan... ditch old account.

My reason was barcodes and a broken account. My HereFidoFido account was ruined (by EA Support) and could no longer receive invites, nor were stats tracking so I couldn't be found on friends list leaderboards and in-game friends lists sometimes. It was awful. Had to ditch that account, and that was like week 1 of BC2, which meant I didn't know about the VIP linking system. So I paid for a new one.

Oh, another reason: Duality of friends lists. For example, on my barcode account, I have almost nobody who plays BC2. It's a BO account. HereFidoFido is my "main" account even though I play on it less, for games like GTA, RDR, LA Noire when it comes out, and so on. Barcode is basically only BO-related for vids and stuff so I don't need those idiots who are still on BC2 on my friends list because I'll never need them on that account. I remove people if they stop playing BO and re-add them on Fido where I might actually play with them in games some day on BF3 (unless my acc is still broken).
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Great article about Battlefield 3 tech...and consoles   Great article about Battlefield 3 tech...and consoles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 5:00 pm

In short... misinformation about VIP....

Had you KNOWN you get 1 map key, and planned appropriately I wouldn't see the big deal.

Don't tag your GT/PSN: tags go into clan tag... otherwise, suck it up and live with it. It's just a name.... seperating your contacts... seriously? wtf for? Individual game accounts? Well, it's your BC2 account then... simple again

Your other reason is wanting to abuse matchmaking.... excuse me if I'm not going to shed any tears over that one.

Yes, VIP was a dumb marketting scam... yes, it destroyed the second hand market for the game.... but you certainly didn't need to purchase one.

If your account w/ VIP linked got corrupted, EA Support would have given you a replacement with enough badgering.
Back to top Go down
SomeMexicanGuy
TL;DR
SomeMexicanGuy

PostSubject: Re: Great article about Battlefield 3 tech...and consoles   Great article about Battlefield 3 tech...and consoles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 8:25 pm

I make a shitload of accounts because having to unlock stuff again makes bc2 less boring and what Fido said.
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: Great article about Battlefield 3 tech...and consoles   Great article about Battlefield 3 tech...and consoles - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 11, 2011 9:34 pm

Ronin0ni wrote:
In short... misinformation about VIP....

Had you KNOWN you get 1 map key, and planned appropriately I wouldn't see the big deal.

Don't tag your GT/PSN: tags go into clan tag... otherwise, suck it up and live with it. It's just a name.... seperating your contacts... seriously? wtf for? Individual game accounts? Well, it's your BC2 account then... simple again

Your other reason is wanting to abuse matchmaking.... excuse me if I'm not going to shed any tears over that one.

Yes, VIP was a dumb marketting scam... yes, it destroyed the second hand market for the game.... but you certainly didn't need to purchase one.

If your account w/ VIP linked got corrupted, EA Support would have given you a replacement with enough badgering.

No, the misinformation was that we thought we HAD to buy a new one to get a new account. We didn't know at the time we could just keep linking old accounts to the same one with some e-mail trickery. This was a few days before they figured that out. It had nothing to do with planning. My account was broken by EA Support, and there was nothing to do but make a new account if I wanted to play BC2.

Separating contacts, we only get 100 friends to add and I don't like getting spam from BC2 and other games I don't even have anymore, so I keep my friends lists separate. For example DTECH is on HereFidoFido. I want to squad up with him on BF3, but there's no need to add him on my barcode account because I will never play BC2 on that account and he doesn't play BO. '

Abusing matchmaking is what people do when they make new accounts for stats. They make a new account, get a k/d of 25, then abandon it when games get tough and it drops to 10 or so.

EA support didn't want to fix my problem. They flat out refused and said "No, we have no solution for your problem at this time, we'll notify you when we do."
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Great article about Battlefield 3 tech...and consoles   Great article about Battlefield 3 tech...and consoles - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Great article about Battlefield 3 tech...and consoles
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next