Gametanamo Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for degenerates to shoot shit about their favorite hobby

HomeHomepageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Battlefield Play4Free

Go down 
+5
RoninHo'in
CptnShotgun
UnrepentantN00b
Skreshavik
St NickelStew
9 posters
AuthorMessage
St NickelStew
Midget
St NickelStew

Battlefield Play4Free Empty
PostSubject: Battlefield Play4Free   Battlefield Play4Free Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 6:39 pm

Everyone can now play Battlefield for free. I registered and got into a game. Wow. PC controls are *very* different. I just died several times. Hitting a tank with an RPG round was good for a level up, which I lost because I quit the game early.

And that about sums up my first-ever experience of Battlefield on PC.

Back to your regularly scheduled programming ...
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield Play4Free   Battlefield Play4Free Icon_minitimeMon Apr 04, 2011 7:58 pm

So it's...fun?
Back to top Go down
UnrepentantN00b
Unrestrained Psychotic Stalker
UnrepentantN00b

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield Play4Free   Battlefield Play4Free Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 3:02 am

I played the BETA and it was poop, ill give it another go tho
Back to top Go down
St NickelStew
Midget
St NickelStew

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield Play4Free   Battlefield Play4Free Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 9:29 am

Skreshavik wrote:
So it's...fun?

Razz

It could be fun, I suppose. But the controls are so incredibly foreign to me. Looking with the mouse is *really* easy. But for everything else I would literally look down at my left hand before performing an action onscreen. Which is a very accomplished method of getting oneself killed.

When I hit the tank with the RPG I was literally standing out in the open, taking much longer than I should figuring out how to perform all the actions necessary to choose the weapon, aim, and shoot. Thankfully the tank driver was almost equally clueless. But he did ultimately cause my demise.
Back to top Go down
CptnShotgun
Eezo junkie
CptnShotgun

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield Play4Free   Battlefield Play4Free Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 10:37 am

St NickelStew wrote:

Razz

It could be fun, I suppose. But the controls are so incredibly foreign to me. Looking with the mouse is *really* easy. But for everything else I would literally look down at my left hand before performing an action onscreen. Which is a very accomplished method of getting oneself killed.

When I hit the tank with the RPG I was literally standing out in the open, taking much longer than I should figuring out how to perform all the actions necessary to choose the weapon, aim, and shoot. Thankfully the tank driver was almost equally clueless. But he did ultimately cause my demise.

You'll get used to it, having only made the swap to PC from console a few months ago I can sympathise. It's surprisingly easy to get used to the controls, and you can always edit them so they're suited for you.
Back to top Go down
St NickelStew
Midget
St NickelStew

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield Play4Free   Battlefield Play4Free Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 11:16 am

@Cptn, I really don't know how hard I will try to learn the new controls. But at least I have something fun I can goof around with in the office on occasion. For better or worse, gaming just isn't important enough to me to invest too much in new hardware and learning new controls.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield Play4Free   Battlefield Play4Free Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 11:48 am

there is a left hand gamepad that looks pretty tech....

It's got a dozen keys and buttons or so (8 for your 4 fingers, puls some shift keys or something). Thumbstick under the thumb with a coouple buttons nect to it, a button under your palm.

Would give better movement at least... I hate WASD

I played BFP4F, I thought it was fun, though I only played a few rounds. I've PC FPS'ed before so it wasn't totally foreign... but I was 11-12 years rusty so I wasn't really amazing either. When the lag was fine, snippy riffle was really easy though... it's mostly moving and aiming that feels so disconnected. Sitting and shooting is easy cause it's just mouse pointing.

Strarted to play recond= actually, and in firefights my method of killing was knee drop while scoping and headshot from a stopped knee.

I just prefer controller now.... I'm not even sure the increased player count is worth dealing with all is (not to mention the cost)
Back to top Go down
St NickelStew
Midget
St NickelStew

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield Play4Free   Battlefield Play4Free Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 12:11 pm

I have been watching BC2 videos by PC guys, and I have been surprised by how Admins can sometimes behave. Good players can be banned from servers for being good. Not I would ever have any worries of that occurring, mind you. It is just a different community.

Consoles are easy, which makes them more fun. And now that I am finally getting a really good grip on the controls, I am not entirely sure I want to give that up.
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield Play4Free   Battlefield Play4Free Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 7:10 pm

St NickelStew wrote:

Razz

So it's nothing to fawn over, but something to look at? You make it sound like the controls can potentially break the game Neutral
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield Play4Free   Battlefield Play4Free Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 7:19 pm

Im gonna play this at school. Is it on Mac also?

Edit: Nvm I googled it, nope. :/
Back to top Go down
Daedra
Whilst
Whilst
Daedra

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield Play4Free   Battlefield Play4Free Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 9:13 pm

Ugh, awful game. Just buy BF2 instead, its a million times better for what is essentially a cut down version of the same game.
Back to top Go down
St NickelStew
Midget
St NickelStew

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield Play4Free   Battlefield Play4Free Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 6:29 am

Skreshavik wrote:

So it's nothing to fawn over, but something to look at? You make it sound like the controls can potentially break the game Neutral

Since I have never played a game on PC before ... for me the learning curve for any PC FPS seems too high. Which is not to say that would also be true for anyone else reading this.
Back to top Go down
Ultrasur76
Habitual Offender

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield Play4Free   Battlefield Play4Free Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 10:44 am

St NickelStew wrote:

Since I have never played a game on PC before ... for me the learning curve for any PC FPS seems too high. Which is not to say that would also be true for anyone else reading this.

Yeah I did the same toi, it seemed like a fun game (since it is free) but the controls were completely foreign especially sprinting (holding W and SHIFT....my fingers were not up-to-par for this maneuver).
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield Play4Free   Battlefield Play4Free Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 11:46 am

St NickelStew wrote:
Gotcha, so I'll go with Daedra's opinion and regard it as a toned-down BF2.
Back to top Go down
DGAF
Homosexual male
DGAF

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield Play4Free   Battlefield Play4Free Icon_minitimeSat May 07, 2011 2:12 pm

Downloaded the game a couple of nights ago, and I'm now a rank 8.

My impression is that the game is really easy to pick up. I've never played any PC FPS's before and the controls are simple to get used to, but I did change Crouch to F because it felt awkward at Ctrl. Next is that the Medic class is so overpowered... So often the MG3 will outsnipe an M24. And the M60 up close is a monster.

What really sucks though, is that you can only have 2 classes, and I didnt know that when I made my account, so I have an assault and a recon. And I'm not about to spend $5 on an extra slot./facepalm.

Anyways if you have the game add me up on DG4F. (My assault class). I average a 2-3 k/d.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield Play4Free   Battlefield Play4Free Icon_minitimeMon May 09, 2011 12:03 pm

u can delete a char to make room for a better class
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield Play4Free   Battlefield Play4Free Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battlefield Play4Free
Page 1 of 1