Gametanamo Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for degenerates to shoot shit about their favorite hobby

HomeHomepageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Battlefield is dead

Go down 
+10
RoninHo'in
CptnShotgun
bat
DTECH
GorillazInm1st
DGAF
Skreshavik
Eradicated
GnarlyBromance
spacefox
14 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

Battlefield is dead Empty
PostSubject: Battlefield is dead   Battlefield is dead Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 7:35 pm

This isn't Battlefield. And considering that DICE is choosing to release this piece of shit before the "Armored Kill" DLC, it seems that Battlefield as we know it is dead. They've shown us their priority, and that is to cater to the CoD crowd and place the true Battlefield fans in second.

I am done. I'm not buying this, I'm not buying the Armored Kill DLC, and unless the next Battlefield game completely goes back to the roots that made Battlefield the great and unique experience we all loved at one point (and I HIGHLY doubt that's gonna happen), I'm not buying that shit either. Battlefield is dead, folks. Time to move on. DICE is moving further and further away from what Battlefield is, and they're not showing any signs of going back.
Back to top Go down
GnarlyBromance
Admin
GnarlyBromance

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Battlefield is dead Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 8:14 pm

lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.gametanamo.com
Eradicated
Murderous Crack Fiend
Eradicated

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Battlefield is dead Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 8:37 pm

tldr
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Battlefield is dead Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 8:50 pm

dat pc community.
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Battlefield is dead Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 8:53 pm

GnarlyBromance wrote:
lol
Yeah well fuck you, people like you are the reason why BF3 is a shitty game. Please elaborate on what you find so funny.
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Battlefield is dead Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 9:00 pm

1) You're a fucktard
2) Console sucks?
3) BF is a PC game.
Back to top Go down
DGAF
Homosexual male
DGAF

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Battlefield is dead Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 9:11 pm

Space umad?
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Battlefield is dead Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 9:23 pm

Skreshavik wrote:
1) You're a fucktard
2) Console sucks?
3) BF is a PC game.
If you think it's gonna be any better on PC... LOL.

This next map pack is 16 players max on all maps. 8 vs 8. Have fun with that.
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Battlefield is dead Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 9:27 pm

DGAF wrote:
Space umad?
Nah man, I'm just kinda disappointed that the one FPS series I thoroughly enjoyed is turning into complete shit.
Back to top Go down
DGAF
Homosexual male
DGAF

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Battlefield is dead Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 9:50 pm

Battlefield is dead Lebowski
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Battlefield is dead Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 9:57 pm

spacefox wrote:
Skreshavik wrote:
1) You're a fucktard
2) Console sucks?
3) BF is a PC game.

Oh, I'm sorry spacefox. I didn't realize this map pack would render all of our 64-player maps useless and obsolete, destroying the community in one fell swoop.

owait
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Battlefield is dead Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 10:48 pm

Skreshavik wrote:
spacefox wrote:
Skreshavik wrote:
1) You're a fucktard
2) Console sucks?
3) BF is a PC game.

Oh, I'm sorry spacefox. I didn't realize this map pack would render all of our 64-player maps useless and obsolete, destroying the community in one fell swoop.

owait
It's a shame the entire game as a whole is shit though.
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Battlefield is dead Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 11:13 pm

Must suck to be on console.
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Battlefield is dead Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 11:28 pm

Must suck to lose your virginity to an animal.
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Battlefield is dead Icon_minitimeTue Mar 13, 2012 11:31 pm

Ah, another argument flawlessly destroyed. Better chalk another on the 'ol belt.
Back to top Go down
GorillazInm1st
TITS or GTFO
GorillazInm1st

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Battlefield is dead Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 6:52 am

spacefox wrote:
That's a bit overboard, and you've had that stupid attitude about the game since day 1, so your opinion means nil.

BF3 is a great game. It's by no means perfect, but it's pretty fucking good.
Back to top Go down
GorillazInm1st
TITS or GTFO
GorillazInm1st

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Battlefield is dead Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 6:53 am

Also, LOL at space for being so rebellious and original by being the only person to claim this DLC, which no one has played, sucks.

Oh wait...
Back to top Go down
DTECH
Master of Facts, Factual Evidence, and Facts
DTECH

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Battlefield is dead Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 9:06 am

spacefox wrote:
DGAF wrote:
Space umad?
Nah man, I'm just kinda disappointed that the one FPS series I thoroughly enjoyed is turning into complete shit.

I felt the same, I only liked playing BF, my problem is less with BF3 itself since I thought it was good overall and more with DICE the cockslurpers, seeing that I decided I was never going to give DICE another penny I figured there was no point in even having a PS3 anymore

DGAF wrote:
Battlefield is dead Lebowski

LMAO +1

spacefox wrote:
Must suck to lose your virginity to an animal.

Nice, wasnt expecting that from you since 99% of the time you are a fuckwit, so +1
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Battlefield is dead Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 10:35 am

@space: Do you ever think, or do you just say stuff?
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Battlefield is dead Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 12:20 pm

GorillazInm1st wrote:
spacefox wrote:
That's a bit overboard, and you've had that stupid attitude about the game since day 1, so your opinion means nil.

BF3 is a great game. It's by no means perfect, but it's pretty fucking good.
BF3 is a great game, and you're right that me saying that was going a bit overboard. But it's not a good Battlefield. It just lacks what gives Battlefield its identity, and I know I'm being ambiguous as shit but I just can't describe WHAT it's lacking. I enjoyed it enough to reach rank 36 but that's pretty much when I realized, "Wow, this is really fuckin boring now".

DTECH wrote:

I felt the same, I only liked playing BF, my problem is less with BF3 itself since I thought it was good overall and more with DICE the cockslurpers, seeing that I decided I was never going to give DICE another penny I figured there was no point in even having a PS3 anymore
That's a good point too. My problem with this DLC is less with the actual game or content but more with DICE themselves. They just don't listen, or acknowledge their mistakes. The fact that they're releasing this DLC first and the vehicle focused one in Summer is not reassuring at all.
Back to top Go down
GnarlyBromance
Admin
GnarlyBromance

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Battlefield is dead Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 12:50 pm

spacefox wrote:
DTECH wrote:

That's a good point too. My problem with this DLC is less with the actual game or content but more with DICE themselves. They just don't listen, or acknowledge their mistakes. The fact that they're releasing this DLC first and the vehicle focused one in Summer is not reassuring at all.

Don't listen? The entire console community has been complaining their maps are too big for only 24 people... Also, for some reason 24/7 metro servers are on PC like a plague... I'd say they are listening.

Most of the BF3 maps currently out are rather large actually, Karkand, the last DLC, added 4 big maps. The next DLC being focused on CQC and 16 players makes complete sense from both a product release cycle, and what the community wants... Also, I am excited for it, I enjoy the infantry gunplay in this game on the PC a TON!!! It is very tight.

They are launching 2 other DLCs after this, and both of those will have large maps again. One theme DLC that doesn't appeal to YOU and only YOU doesn't mean they don't listen to the community...
Back to top Go down
http://www.gametanamo.com
CptnShotgun
Eezo junkie
CptnShotgun

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Battlefield is dead Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 1:07 pm

spacefox wrote:
Skreshavik wrote:
1) You're a fucktard
2) Console sucks?
3) BF is a PC game.

Yeah, cos it's not like we can edit the player count or anything on PC...
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Battlefield is dead Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 1:19 pm

Leave him alone, his poor, delusional, close-minded, racist mind cannot handle such variables.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Battlefield is dead Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 1:54 pm

pfft

k'bai

I'd rather have Armored Kill first, but I'll SPM pad in some CQB action.

#1: We're getting private servers. That means AoW will be getting our very own large CQ map only rotation server with custom hybrid normal/WookieMode rules. (likely std damage, no regen, no 3d, killcam? i dunno we haven't gotten that far). There will also be swarms of other rented public servers with other configurations. This means you can now actually play battlefield the way you want to.

#2: B2K was far more traditional BF than the original maps.... sure, they gave us these weird half sized versions, but hey, refer to #1 Smile They're ALL vehicle maps to some degree.... there's always a minimum of 2 heavy tanks at least. So releasing a infantry CQB pack first actually kinda makes sense.

#3: This is OPTIONAL content. You don't need to play it or get it. If you don't like CQB fighting, then it's not for you... simple. Play on the servers running full size B2K + Caspian, Kharg, & Firestorm on loop. Armored kill will be out end of august to end of september by my estimate.

Oh, and I was thinking about this last night, actually getting pretty upset at DICE over releasing 3 new paid DLC... BUT...

4 maps each, with a small handful of vehicles and weapons to add.

Now... that means we're getting 12 new maps, and overall a total of new vehicles and weapons all totalling about equal to a full new game release.... all for $45.

Beats paying $60 for 10 new maps and 3-4 new weapons on the same game engine on a "new" game... when I thought of it that way, I was a lil less perturbed. Especially since, if you don't like CQB like you, you can just skip it and get only the content you want and save $$.

I mean, FFS... it's either this, or everything their building would have just gone into Battlefield 3.5 for a new retail release, and you'd be paying $60 at the end of the year for all this same shit... and you couldn't opt out of the CQB maps you don't like.
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Battlefield is dead Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 2:23 pm

^thisthisthisthisthisthis

See, thats the conclusion about this stuff you can come to by thinking.

I havent touched bf3 in a couple months now, but i reckon ill dust my ps3 off for this, yessir.

I happen to like cqc fighting btw, so therefore these maps will probably be a plus for me, just as much as the long winded vehicle maps (which i also like of course)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Battlefield is dead Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battlefield is dead
Page 1 of 5Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next