Gametanamo Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for degenerates to shoot shit about their favorite hobby

HomeHomepageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fuck.

Go down 
+10
AmPLiFiKaTioN
spacefox
GnarlyBromance
Alyss
RoninHo'in
Eradicated
DTECH
GorillazInm1st
Skreshavik
CptnShotgun
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

Fuck. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuck.   Fuck. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 2:51 pm

Alyss wrote:
Anyone else having some trouble with the windows and alt-tabbing? I got the mod but doesn't seem to make a difference...just works sometimes and other times not. Also, print screen doesn't take screen shots. I have to alt-tab and use the windows snipping tool.
Sorta. It "crashes" when I alt-tab out and click on it again, but I just use the alt-tab and select the game window one more time and I'll get back in.
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

Fuck. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuck.   Fuck. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 3:21 pm

As long as I run SBW as administrator and make sure to have another window available to tab into, seems work consistently for me. Have you tried the console commands yet? I gave my character a bit of a makeover since she's getting married soon. Also used one to take the clothes off Hroki in Markarth, as "tavern clothes" aren't sold anywhere ever, despite looking gourgeous:

Fuck. - Page 4 413c385ca4455e2e6cf84034569d5dd8f5fe299bb8d1df87feab5d41c34f0c7c5g

Also, where the fuck is the shop strongbox? Pretty sure I read somewhere you could steal the shop inventory and it was meant to be on site in a chest...no joy though. Anyone seen one?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AlyssSilence
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

Fuck. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuck.   Fuck. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 3:28 pm

Alyss wrote:
Have you tried the console commands yet?
Just to kill off the oversized, firebreathing cliffracers. I don't even bother to loot/steal their soul or whatnot. I also used it to teleport to the one room Bethedsa usually has that holds every single item in the game.
Looked through the normal weapons container and I saw Keening of all things o.O...Xyco is thinking it's going to be included in an expansion. But if you're looking for an item you just can't find anywhere else (take the Psiijic apparel, for example,) you can go to that room, click on the item to get the ID, and either add it into your inventory or do w/e with it.

Quote :
Also, where the fuck is the shop strongbox? Pretty sure I read somewhere you could steal the shop inventory and it was meant to be on site in a chest...no joy though. Anyone seen one?
Usually find the shop strongboxes in the shopkeeper's room or underneath the vending stand. They hold some stuff, but it isn't the shop's inventory.
Back to top Go down
Eradicated
Murderous Crack Fiend
Eradicated

Fuck. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuck.   Fuck. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 17, 2011 8:44 pm

So I finally got round to buying skyrim, wanted to trade in BC2 for it but the guy said the disc was too scratched and I nearly raged.

1st impressions?

GOTY.
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

Fuck. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuck.   Fuck. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 12:45 pm

I got rid of the shout cooldowns too...potentially game-breaking, but I find I don't actually use them that much even so. Apart from the jumping forwards one, but 1. It's largely combat useless, and 2. Uses stamina.

Mostly just saves me some time while travelling.

Oh, and I did use the CC to switch my destruction skill/perks over to archery. Destruction doesn't scale, so at higher levels it's worthless. Going to work some more on illusion too.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

Fuck. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuck.   Fuck. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 12:45 pm

Yah, it's pretty sick

I started a second char cause I wanted to focus on a fighter type and check out smithing a bit on a char I knew I wanted to rank it on.

Destruction seems to me to be one of the best ways to kill really from what I've seen... though sneak attack crits also do a shitton of dmg. I dunno, maybe it's cause I've ranked to much from exploiting the bow training and my armor + melee skills weren't high enough but even blocking these 2-handing enemies, I was taking HEAVY blows.

My original character I kinda stalled on what to take. I'm thinking at this point I'll leave destruction where it is and use it as my ranged attack (I have apprentice + dual casting... so I can dual cast fire/lightning bolts for heavy ranged damage) take a few more pts in 1hand (actually dual wielding primarily, + 50% stamina cost), conjuration for crowd control + "area" damage, sneak (for +crit on swords & disappearing perk), some light armor, smithing (right path to dragon armor so I can forge daedric weapons), & enchanting (take bonus to fire dmg + armor + 2x enchant... also soul siphoning). and a couple remaining points into Restoration (have 2 already, Novice + bonus healing) and I'm going to add mana regen, stamina when healing, and 1, maybe 2 ranks of restoration casting. (Apprentice or Adept)

Concept is dual wielding enchanted and improved swords (+10% crit too, next 2 ranks are +5% ea only) opening up with a sneak attack and using summons to let me disappear and get multiple backstabs. Apprentice dual- or off-hand cast destruction for ranged attacks. Wearing enchanted & improved crafted dragon armor.

Biggest issue is # of pts in crafting. I only have a few actual combat perks (actually conjuration is one of my heaviest trees, making it probably my strongest part. But history in RPG's has taught me summons are great for damage mitigation & getting some extra damage out across multiple enemies. Major weakness for a dual-wielder who easily gets overwhelmed and needs to focus flurrying on 1 enemy at a time)

Question... can you sneak attack with a power attack? Dual-wield? Dual-wield power attack? I ask cause x6 on a +50% dmg power attack could be AMAZING (especially with 2 dual enchanted daedric long swords)

I'm considering dropping Smithing and just using/wearing weapons and armor I find and using those points to improve my 1-hand more and maybe more points into restoration / couple other nice perks I skipped in other trees.

I already have a soul stealing bound weapon... so enchanting is def in for me to take advantage of that.

Kinda a glass canon melee fighter, but the stealth and conjuration should help me stay alive... along with restoration to quickly heal up ... that or he's just gonna get pizowned later Razz

Last edited by RoninHo'in on Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:13 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

Fuck. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuck.   Fuck. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 1:11 pm

Alyss wrote:
Oh, and I did use the CC to switch my destruction skill/perks over to archery. Destruction doesn't scale, so at higher levels it's worthless. Going to work some more on illusion too.
Lies.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

Fuck. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuck.   Fuck. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 1:19 pm

destruction doesn't scale?

well fuck...

still the higher level spells do more damage... it scales with higher mana costing spells basically.

I think my first char might get scrapped now.... that or make him full mage with the 2 pts in 1hand to serve as my backup. I suddenly fear (know?) that my low destruction won't hold up for my ranged requirements later in the game.
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

Fuck. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuck.   Fuck. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 1:22 pm

RoninHo'in wrote:
Skreshavik wrote:
It reduces mana cost the more you level (as it has in every other scrolls game.) You have 4 potential skills that can increase the damage of the spells themselves, which are the frost/fire/shock augmentation, and dual-casting.
Coffee Cup
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

Fuck. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuck.   Fuck. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 1:55 pm

yah well I was kinda hoping on skimping those Razz

I'm thinking I might want to do a pure mage... Alteration, Conjuring, Destruction as my primary trees... and so I don't want to have a second character with too heavy of a destruction focus.

Unless I make him my mage, drop armor, sneak, smith from my build (no points in those yet) and no more points in 1hand (I have 50% off stamina. All you really need if just a backup). Go with enchanted robes, level up alteration, continue with conj, and max out destruction.

I was kinda planning to make him combat orientated... I'm just worried I fucked it up. My Apprentice firebolts won't be good enough at higher levels... I should have put those points into Bow and taken the bow sneak attack bonus too.

I dunno, maybe the hybrid build will still work if I just drop smithing. Leaves me really dependent on finding good stuff to enchant tho, and I was looking forward to Dragon Scale armor (already have the scales I need Razz)

arrrg...

This is why I've been playing my fighter build... I know all his points. A lil bit of everything combat. I'm giving up some damage perks (added ranks of +dmg perks) but will be able to effectively use Bows, 2hand, and 1hand + shield. Looks like the weapon specialization perks (sword/axe/mace) suffer diminishing returns on following ranks. sword 1st rank provides 10%... 2nd only 5% crit chance.

I just can't decide to continue with my original hybrid idea, or scrap it in favor of pure mage. But I need to pick before taking any more perks. (well, I suppose I can lvl conjuration since either build will need it... and enchanting can take it's 1st point.)

Actually... Maybe I can enchant spell casting staves/wands as my hybrid to help fill in any gaps... I'll be farming soul stones anyways and taking the perks to get the most out of enchanted weapons.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

Fuck. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuck.   Fuck. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 1:59 pm

I think I might just go for the hybrid... starting with improving conj for summons (giving me a couple more levels before I take something making me take that path)... In the end if it doesn't work I can reroll a pure mage... and as a race with a better racial for mages (Dark elf racial is good for what I'm doing)

I just wish I did bow instead of destruction Sad

Could bow sneak attack, enchant bows too for more damage, and get by with less perk points since it would base more off skill lvl (and scale up with my enchanting as well) This would also mean my magicka could be used soely for summoning and healing instead of ranged DPS.

Oh well... destruction it is... next question is which element to beef? I think fire maybe... does the DE fire aura racial ability count as a "spell" (ie; would it get a dmg boost from destruction +fire dmg?)

Lightning is good for mages... so I might want that instead. Then again, dash shout + lightning sword would make faster work of them.

I'll have a cold enchanted sword to work on enemy fighters so cold doesn't seem as worth while.

Fire would probably give me the best DPS for my magic. Kinda hoping "Adept" is high enough in the destruction tree as well. Would Impact be better (for dual cast which I already have) or Expert destruction 50%?
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

Fuck. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuck.   Fuck. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 8:10 pm

Whoa whoa whoa, it should be conjuration or destruction, not both due to them being damage-orientated trees sharing the same mana pool.

Alteration if you're going to focus on rolling with magic as your primary focus (wearing robes to boost mana regen + the alteration perk that doubles/triples the spell armor bonus.) Otherwise, either roll with heavy/light armor if you're going to use magic to burn through it then using 1-handers + shield.

Fire or lightning. Nord racial (which there's a lot of Nords in skyrim Rolling Eyes ) cuts frost damage by half, whereas I've only one enemy immune to fire, and none immune to lightning (have yet to see a Storm Atronach at max level o.O .) Personally, I'd roll with fire since I haven't seen a lot of enemies go OOM, along with fire having the cheapest spells.

Go for expert. Destruction is going to need to be your primary tree for damage, whereas you'll want to pick up a one-hander or bows as the secondary when you eventually run out of mana nuking everything. Adept can help you with most of the enemies you fight, since it's AoE and fire, but expert is going to be for the boss-level enemies that can insta-gib you. Burn them down before they touch you Fuck. - Page 4 410236338

I haven't tested Impact yet, but if you're deciding between expert or impact, go with expert. If you can afford it though, definitely go for impact since that'll be both an interrupt and give you some space when you got guys wailing on your face.

As for the restoration tree, only the novice spell (for the lesser ward. It's a godsend, fucking use it) should suffice for mages. Only other valid perk would be recovery, but it isn't necessary.
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

Fuck. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuck.   Fuck. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 10:19 pm

Skreshavik wrote:
RoninHo'in wrote:
Skreshavik wrote:
It reduces mana cost the more you level (as it has in every other scrolls game.) You have 4 potential skills that can increase the damage of the spells themselves, which are the frost/fire/shock augmentation, and dual-casting.
Coffee Cup
Retard, that's not scaling. The cost goes down, but the actual damage of a spell never goes up besides buffs from perks/gear. Compare to, say, one-handed, where the damage continues to go up as your skill goes up, on top of perks/gear. In fact, screw that - you can't even make any gear to increase the damage, it only takes down the magicka cost.

Sure, you''ll gradually be able to take down any enemy out there with a pimped out destruction skill, but it'll take you forever and in a lot of cases you don't have forever. Fireball will never do more than 50 damage. A well smithed bow will massively outstrip it.

Oh, and what mods are you guys using? I think I'm getting too many...got like 16 on atm, plus the dicking around I did with the CC.
Back to top Go down
CptnShotgun
Eezo junkie
CptnShotgun

Fuck. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuck.   Fuck. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 10:40 pm

Alyss wrote:
Sure, you''ll gradually be able to take down any enemy out there with a pimped out destruction skill, but it'll take you forever and in a lot of cases you don't have forever. Fireball will never do more than 50 damage. A well smithed bow will massively outstrip it.

Alyss wrote:
A well smithed bow will massively outstrip it.
Alyss wrote:
A well smithed bow
Alyss wrote:
smithed bow

Fuck. - Page 4 HIrgD
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

Fuck. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuck.   Fuck. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeFri Nov 18, 2011 11:16 pm

Alyss wrote:
Retard, that's not scaling. The cost goes down, but the actual damage of a spell never goes up besides buffs from perks/gear.
Alyss wrote:
Retard, that's not scaling. The cost goes down
Alyss wrote:
that's not scaling. The cost goes down
Alyss wrote:
Retard
Funny, that sounds just like scaling to me Coffee Cup

Playing vanilla, btw. Probably pick up the texture pack since the vanilla ones keep on glitching out.
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

Fuck. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuck.   Fuck. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 9:55 pm

You guys all sound like fuckin losers. I'm afraid to buy this game now.
Back to top Go down
CptnShotgun
Eezo junkie
CptnShotgun

Fuck. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuck.   Fuck. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 19, 2011 11:32 pm

spacefox wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pot_calling_the_kettle_black
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

Fuck. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuck.   Fuck. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 1:52 am

spacefox wrote:
http://encyclopediadramatica.ch/Retard
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

Fuck. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuck.   Fuck. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 7:51 pm

Skreshavik wrote:
Alyss wrote:
Retard, that's not scaling. The cost goes down, but the actual damage of a spell never goes up besides buffs from perks/gear.
Alyss wrote:
Retard, that's not scaling. The cost goes down
Alyss wrote:
that's not scaling. The cost goes down
Alyss wrote:
Retard
Funny, that sounds just like scaling to me Coffee Cup

Playing vanilla, btw. Probably pick up the texture pack since the vanilla ones keep on glitching out.
Suck my balls, I was making a point about the damage not scaling.
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

Fuck. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuck.   Fuck. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 7:52 pm

CptnShotgun wrote:
Alyss wrote:

Alyss wrote:
A well smithed bow will massively outstrip it.
Alyss wrote:
A well smithed bow
Alyss wrote:
smithed bow

Fuck. - Page 4 HIrgD
Problem?
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

Fuck. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuck.   Fuck. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 9:49 pm

CptnShotgun wrote:
spacefox wrote:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pot_calling_the_kettle_black
Lolno.

Maybe just a little.

But not to this degree, FFS.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

Fuck. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuck.   Fuck. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 11:09 pm

Alyss... with Destro... You get +50% fire dmg for only 2 perk points... and enchant your gear to give you 100% cost reduc on destruction magic.

That's FREE spells... leaving mana for healing, crowd control, etc

120+ dmg fireballs (dual-cast and beefed) with increased blast radius (the +25% is figured by surface area rather than radius unfortunately Razz Still adds a couple feet) that you cast for FREE is nothing to scoff at

Especially with 400 armor, 20% magic resitance, 30% of mana from all spells taken converted to mana, 1 or 2 powerful permanent thralls (that you cast for free out of combat using another set of robes/boots/etc).

yah.... mages suck.

If your fireballs did OHK like a 2 hander... it would be pretty ridonculous. The fighter has to brave combat, the thief needs to strike from shadows, mages need to sit back and blast a bit.

Not like the spells aren't damaging... you can spam 60 dmg fireballs for free...
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

Fuck. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuck.   Fuck. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 11:10 pm

Alyss wrote:
Suck my balls, I was making a point about the damage not scaling.
Yet I'm still right.
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

Fuck. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuck.   Fuck. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 20, 2011 11:16 pm

Should I get it or not? Yes or no.

It's my birthday on Black Friday. So I could get it. It's just a question of time investment and being in college.
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

Fuck. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuck.   Fuck. - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 21, 2011 12:13 am

I'd pass unless you're going to put a lot of time in the game.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Fuck. - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuck.   Fuck. - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fuck.
Page 4 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gametanamo Gaming Community :: Games :: Gaming-
Jump to: