Gametanamo Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for degenerates to shoot shit about their favorite hobby

HomeHomepageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fuck.

Go down 
+10
AmPLiFiKaTioN
spacefox
GnarlyBromance
Alyss
RoninHo'in
Eradicated
DTECH
GorillazInm1st
Skreshavik
CptnShotgun
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

Fuck. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuck.   Fuck. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 9:45 pm

Alyss wrote:
Space, if you can't see this is a consoleport, you're actually retarded. No, the reason for my claim that it is has nothing to do with my laptop not being able to run it on high settings. I've seen the screenshots from the ultra and high settings, and experienced first hand the shitty UI, bugs everywhere, and default controller enabled. It's all pretty weaksauce. I'm not complaining about the game, I love it to bits. But I'm not a real PC gamrer, and for a PC game, it's fucking terrible. It's rapidly going to get modded to here and back, will probably be a lot better them. Particularly looking forward to them fixing how you can't rotate objects in the inventory.

But keep defending it if you want, I love the smell of buyer's remorse.
Wut
Back to top Go down
GnarlyBromance
Admin
GnarlyBromance

Fuck. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuck.   Fuck. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Nov 12, 2011 10:07 pm

I haven't ran across a SINGLE bug yet. This has been the BEST PC release by this company ever....EVER!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.gametanamo.com
CptnShotgun
Eezo junkie
CptnShotgun

Fuck. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuck.   Fuck. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 12:26 am

Alyss wrote:
Space, if you can't see this is a consoleport, you're actually retarded. No, the reason for my claim that it is has nothing to do with my laptop not being able to run it on high settings. I've seen the screenshots from the ultra and high settings, and experienced first hand the shitty UI, bugs everywhere, and default controller enabled. It's all pretty weaksauce. I'm not complaining about the game, I love it to bits. But I'm not a real PC gamrer, and for a PC game, it's fucking terrible. It's rapidly going to get modded to here and back, will probably be a lot better them. Particularly looking forward to them fixing how you can't rotate objects in the inventory.

With a fail like that, I don't think you can call ANYONE retarded.

Isn't it just a little bit of a double-standard that when you pester Dtech and Wanton and such about BF3 being a good game it's fine, but when I do it to you it's Buyer's Remorse?

As Gnarly said, I've experienced no bugs, the UI is, I'll concede, a little too console friendly for some but it is still very much a PC game. The Elder Scrolls series has always been primarily PC for one reason, which you yourself mentioned, modding. TES games are always modded to fuck, but seen as you can't mod on consoles, they have to make up for it. That and it's the Bethesda way for there to be bugs for a few days after release, then they get patched and everything's fine and dandy, until a dragon steals your horse.

Back to top Go down
AmPLiFiKaTioN
Astro Jesus
AmPLiFiKaTioN

Fuck. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuck.   Fuck. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 12:34 am

CptnShotgun wrote:
Alyss wrote:

With a fail like that, I don't think you can call ANYONE retarded.

Isn't it just a little bit of a double-standard that when you pester Dtech and Wanton and such about BF3 being a good game it's fine, but when I do it to you it's Buyer's Remorse?

As Gnarly said, I've experienced no bugs, the UI is, I'll concede, a little too console friendly for some but it is still very much a PC game. The Elder Scrolls series has always been primarily PC for one reason, which you yourself mentioned, modding. TES games are always modded to fuck, but seen as you can't mod on consoles, they have to make up for it. That and it's the Bethesda way for there to be bugs for a few days after release, then they get patched and everything's fine and dandy, until a dragon steals your horse.

LMAO +1

Might have to buy Skyrim... I've heard nothing but good things about it from my friends IRL.
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

Fuck. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuck.   Fuck. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 1:38 am

GnarlyBromance wrote:
I haven't ran across a SINGLE bug yet. This has been the BEST PC release by this company ever....EVER!!
My spells bugged out and I can't see the graphics for some of them, unfortunately (e.x. Ice Storm.)

As for Alyss, yes, there are quite a few issues with the UI. Clunky, slow, no ability to stack multiple items for potions, the favorites list breaks up combat (ala Mass Effect.) You get the idea.

On the other hand, the benefits from this game far outweigh those relatively minor cons (along with the predated engine.) Fresh new story, dungeons feel like dungeons again and not Oblivion copypasta, leveling system is a bit unique, interchangeable birth signs. It's also going to be a long game, even considering that the map is somewhat smaller than Oblivion.
Back to top Go down
DTECH
Master of Facts, Factual Evidence, and Facts
DTECH

Fuck. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuck.   Fuck. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 2:16 am

Someone got bitch slapped in this thread..... Laughing
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

Fuck. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuck.   Fuck. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 2:17 am

I've heard it's so good. I'm really tempted to get it but I can't afford another game.
Back to top Go down
xTh3rMo5x
Faggot
xTh3rMo5x

Fuck. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuck.   Fuck. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 4:15 am

*mentions something about how rich I am*
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

Fuck. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuck.   Fuck. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSun Nov 13, 2011 3:28 pm

BUrgh, whatever. Like I said I'm not dissapointed by it - I'm really having a great time with it. And fuck off do I think BF3's awesomesauce, it's got plenty of problems I just think it's the best FPS on the market. I'm still with /v/ on the PC release of Skyrim at the moment, hopefully mods and patches will fix the issues soon.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AlyssSilence
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

Fuck. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuck.   Fuck. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 1:59 pm

Someone say PC mods?

http://t.co/bUqF7HcX
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

Fuck. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuck.   Fuck. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 3:00 pm

So... I'm getting on Skyrim when I get home tonight.....

Any suggestions on playstyles?

Race?

Perk trees?

I'm thinking I'll probably end up doing an Orc or Nord fighter themed build... as well as a dark or high elf magic user.

I'm sure skresh went with a cat race female character Laughing
Back to top Go down
GnarlyBromance
Admin
GnarlyBromance

Fuck. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuck.   Fuck. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 3:22 pm

The beauty is, you don't really need to chose. I'm just kind of doing what is fun/come natural which turns into being a heavy armored battle mage. You level up what you do, and perks can only be placed really in trees that you use. It is refreshing

And yes, mods are already flowing. I download a few that increase performance, faces, and flora... think there are basic UI mods out, but I am waiting for something more comprehensive
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

Fuck. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuck.   Fuck. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 3:57 pm

I'm playing on 360... so mods are out of the question for me.

Yah, I guess I'll just kinda feel my way through the game... still don't know how I want to play though...

I do kinda like properly thematic characters though
Back to top Go down
GnarlyBromance
Admin
GnarlyBromance

Fuck. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuck.   Fuck. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 4:14 pm

Let me just say, the College of Winterhold (mage) quest line is awesome so far. I think you would like it...so maybe do something with magic.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

Fuck. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuck.   Fuck. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 4:21 pm

I'll prolly do a dark elf....

Do some stealth and magic combo.

I'll prolly refine my idea more as I play Razz
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

Fuck. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuck.   Fuck. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 5:26 pm

I've been doing the stealth/magic gameplay for this run. Only downside is when a big baddie spots you, you're dead. It isn't a skill factor, but rather that you'll have so little armor to negate it, you're going to get one-shotted.
Unless you focus a lot on the alteration tree to boost the shield spells by a considerable margin.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

Fuck. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuck.   Fuck. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 5:51 pm

that sounds like a pretty big downside lmao

so how do you kill Giants then?

Have you fought a dragon yet? I don't see you being able to backstab and kill a dragon Laughing
Back to top Go down
Xycolian
Property of Gametanamo
Xycolian

Fuck. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuck.   Fuck. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 7:39 pm

Took friday off, played skyrim so much my sleeping schedule got fucked over. Woke up on sunday at 2:00 PM, couldn't go to sleep so I just played till 6:00 am before I had to get ready for work. Haven't slept yet. 26 and a half hours. I think it's time to play more Skyrim.
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

Fuck. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuck.   Fuck. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 7:45 pm

RoninHo'in wrote:
Abuse NPC pathing. Say there's a log that's about waist-high for your character (which is the equivalent of a small step to the giant Rolling Eyes ,) I just jump over and around it while pelting with spells/arrows.
Personally, I think it's legitimate since the giant can one-shot you.

Quote :
Have you fought a dragon yet? I don't see you being able to backstab and kill a dragon Laughing
My sneak is 80 and I can't stealth away from a dragon. Essentially, it's keeping my distance so they don't bite me while I chug mana potions in order to keep my wards up against their breath attacks and have enough to cast offensive spells.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

Fuck. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuck.   Fuck. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 1:19 pm

Skreshavik wrote:
RoninHo'in wrote:
Abuse NPC pathing. Say there's a log that's about waist-high for your character (which is the equivalent of a small step to the giant Rolling Eyes ,) I just jump over and around it while pelting with spells/arrows.
Personally, I think it's legitimate since the giant can one-shot you.

Quote :
My sneak is 80 and I can't stealth away from a dragon. Essentially, it's keeping my distance so they don't bite me while I chug mana potions in order to keep my wards up against their breath attacks and have enough to cast offensive spells.

Yah, I've fought that 1st dragon and some giants already. Killed the dragon of course (the help of a half dozen guards surely helps... this second dragon is kickin my behind fighting it with just my retainer) and I ran into a couple giants too... almost killed the first when I got nuber stomped.

I laughed my ass off.

Another death that made me laugh was a swinging spiked gate trap. I saw the gate and was admiring it, took a step back not seeing the panel and it swung out and instagibbed me. I busted out laughing. So it loads the checkpoint and I bypass the trigger panel, continue down the hallway and run into some Draeger... I misabused my magik and ran out early and a couple snuck up behind me so I ran to get some room. I used my recovering magic to heal up while running back down the hall and purposely triggered the trap sprinting past it. It slams out again killing 2 of 3 Draeger and when it swings back it traps the 3rd against the wall. Laughing

Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

Fuck. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuck.   Fuck. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 1:35 pm

Wait 'till you start fighting the bigger draugr guarding the shout walls :p
Back to top Go down
GnarlyBromance
Admin
GnarlyBromance

Fuck. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuck.   Fuck. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 1:44 pm

So downloading this... http://www.pcgamer.com/2011/11/15/skyrim-map-mod-provides-in-game-street-views/

If skyrimnexus's server stop imploding from EVERYBODY trying to get mods... damn, someone buy them some servers....
Back to top Go down
GorillazInm1st
TITS or GTFO
GorillazInm1st

Fuck. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuck.   Fuck. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 1:56 pm

I witnessed a floating mammoth earlier. Fucker was like 100 feet off the ground for no good reason and then plummeted to its death. I love glitches like that.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

Fuck. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuck.   Fuck. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 1:58 pm

That shoulda been default =\

*kicks xbox* PIECE OF SHIT!

Laughing

nah it's cool... I'm learning to deal with it... doesn't take long to hit 'B' and hold down for a second anyways when I need it. I like the clean hud.

Still SHOULD have been an option, but w/e

OH, anyone on 360? do left/right on dpad ever do anything? IMO those should be set to equip 2 different presets. THen I could have my pre battle (use favorites to select) and after casting summon/buff I could swap into 1 of my 2 weapon presets depending on what I needed.

So far I think I'm really going to like Destruction. Think I'm also going to work on my one-handed a bit... I think I like the Ward instead of a shield, but I'll rank a shield if I don't perk it out at least anyways. Burning enemies with fire/lighting/ice and finishing them off with a couple quick blows is proving quite effective for the avg enemy so far.

Not that I've made it far... just started last night lol... but yah, glad I bought it (I went ahead and bought it before it even arrived. Wanted to get Need for Speed from gamefly on launch and it gets here tomorrow Smile Got Skyrim for only $45 after tax ♥️ Gamefly) This game is gonna suck hours out of my life lol
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

Fuck. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuck.   Fuck. - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 9:59 pm

I'm like 30 hours into the game and have yet to kill a dragon...

Also, fuck all the modders and their obsession with Steam. What directory is it in Program Files?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AlyssSilence
Sponsored content

Fuck. - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fuck.   Fuck. - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Fuck.
Page 2 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 10, 11, 12  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gametanamo Gaming Community :: Games :: Gaming-
Jump to: