Gametanamo Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for degenerates to shoot shit about their favorite hobby

HomeHomepageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

BF3 Review

Go down 
+14
sPurMiN_gErMin
DTECH
monkeystoot
DGAF
Mark!
GnarlyBromance
the_Fetophagist
CptnShotgun
JediMindTrixxx
Skreshavik
spacefox
RoninHo'in
Eradicated
WantonHERO
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
xALIENAx
Completely Sane and Normal Individual
xALIENAx

BF3 Review - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 Review   BF3 Review - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 3:37 am

i got 30+ on caspian using tank + helo on xbox

Considering there is a browser now and you can choose a server playing what ever map you like i don't see the problem. People need to stop trying to ground pound on giant maps is all.

Also if you want infantry try using the infantry only + CQ option in your server browser. Bazar and siene crossing make for great CQB maps
Back to top Go down
DTECH
Master of Facts, Factual Evidence, and Facts
DTECH

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Review   BF3 Review - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 10:23 am

I see what you guys are talking about with the input lag, never noticed it until I tested it out last night, there is massive lag from the time you hit the sticks to when it actually does what you want, guess Ive always just been compensating for it
Back to top Go down
WantonHERO
Murderous Crack Fiend
WantonHERO

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Review   BF3 Review - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 12:10 pm

Alyss wrote:

or you could play co-op for 3 hours.
3 hours? Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurgh.[/quote]

lol, pretty much. i tried it last night. i played coop with ffigh for like half an hour and i didn't have enough points to unlock just the first pistol let alone the other weapons..

Side Note: The best game I had since the beta last night:
BF3 Review - Page 4 Metro12

it was in operation metro using engineer. obviously after that game i forgot how to shoot and aim and every game i had was a 7/6 game :/
as always, that pic is dedicated to all the ace pilots and leet tankers. i can do what you can do with my smg son.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Review   BF3 Review - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 1:54 pm

^On a map without helos or jets you can lmfao

The big vehicle maps are a blast... but they are VEHICLE maps. The only time you should be on foot is if you just lost your vehicle, or your spawning at a base under contention to save it.

There are 2 jets, an attack helo, and 3 tanks at HQ... that's enough vehicles to have 10 players in attack vehicles....

I personally love flying and tanking around on those maps... I have a blast. I don't care if my KPM is only .3-.5 and my K/D sucks... It's FUN... and I'm WINNING.

That's what matters Cool

The infantry maps are fun too... just in a completely different way.

Grand Bazaar has grown on me lol
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Review   BF3 Review - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 1:56 pm

Oh yah... and Rush really is better if you're going for kills and SPM BTW.....

The focused action helps a LOT on these bigger maps to keep you constantly in action.

CQ has a lot more movement, flanking, and hunting.

and fuck... I <3 jets Cool
Back to top Go down
WantonHERO
Murderous Crack Fiend
WantonHERO

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Review   BF3 Review - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 2:53 pm

RoninHo'in wrote:

The big vehicle maps are a blast... but they are VEHICLE maps. The only time you should be on foot is if you just lost your vehicle, or your spawning at a base under contention to save it.

There are 2 jets, an attack helo, and 3 tanks at HQ... that's enough vehicles to have 10 players in attack vehicles....

I personally love flying and tanking around on those maps... I have a blast. I don't care if my KPM is only .3-.5 and my K/D sucks... It's FUN... and I'm WINNING.

That's what matters Cool

i don't care about kdr, and never did either, but i do care about intense gun fighting and non stop killing. that's the point of fps.

also don't get it twisted. i love vehicles, at least love to blow them up. but most engagements are tank v tank, both on opposite sides of the map randomly shooting 120 shells. if they happen to hit, they each have an engineer healing. stalemate. while the flags go uncaptured or one dude runs and caps all of them and sits next to a bush knifing a tree for the rest of the game.

this game is fun but it will lose and its starting to lose its luster because of this. why ignore whats obviously the reason why this game is lacking?...don't even get me started on the smgs and their shittiness. very disappointed. the only smg thats useful is the scar. don't bother with the others. all this and not counting the laggy servers, still, and other nonsense.
Back to top Go down
GnarlyBromance
Admin
GnarlyBromance

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Review   BF3 Review - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 2:54 pm

RoninHo'in wrote:

That's what matters Cool

I dunno if I would like Vehicle maps being only Vehicle maps due to lower server pops. That would bug the shit out of me. I love the entire "war" going on with lots of infantry PLUS all the vehicles going on around.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gametanamo.com
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Review   BF3 Review - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 3:09 pm

GnarlyBromance wrote:
RoninHo'in wrote:

That's what matters Cool

I dunno if I would like Vehicle maps being only Vehicle maps due to lower server pops. That would bug the shit out of me. I love the entire "war" going on with lots of infantry PLUS all the vehicles going on around.

no doubt that having the same vehicles with another 20-30 infantry on the ground would make it more epic...

still fun as it is

And wanton... those are dumb ass tankers... I sprint my tank and flank those retards and take em out even being repaired with improved damage side and rear hits.... if I'm not airborne and just fuck em up straight up lol

I've seen those tanks... yah, they're idiots.

Load up a buggy with C4 and take em out if you want... I do that too. As Epic as always. (Takes 3 now)

And for the umpteenth time... if you want constant action... play Rush. Get 3 friends and roll over the enemy, or stop em dead.

Rush is pretty much exactly what you're asking for, and will remind you of the good ol BC1 days. I'm constantly swapping kits on Rush so I can lay mines, grap the appropriate launcher for w/e the fuck is dicking with us, lay claymores and/or c4, put my spawn beacon and TUGS down, or Assault for defibs on an attack run on the crates.

Only reason I play as much CQ as I do is that it has more air vehicles... which is what I'm fuckin around with as much as possible.
Back to top Go down
WantonHERO
Murderous Crack Fiend
WantonHERO

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Review   BF3 Review - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 3:24 pm

GnarlyBromance wrote:

this.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Review   BF3 Review - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 3:40 pm

I feel like a broken record...

"Play Rush"

Razz

even the big vehicle maps are still intense.

Seriously, BF3 reminds me more of BC1 than BC2 in it's design.

BC1 CQ was kinda the same... huge maps with lots of hunting around and a lot less action. It has it's charm and is fun in it's own way... but if you want the epic action fights, you played Rush.

CQ really could use more players... as I said, I mostly just play it cause of the greater # of air vehicles.

Know what else DICE needs? Map Playlists.

For example, I know Wanton would like a playlist for CQ that excludes Kharg Island, Caspian Border, and Firestorm. They should break it down to 3 lists of 3 maps each. big maps, medium maps, and small maps.

Maybe just 2 lists... Big maps or small maps... and the medium sized maps could be in either or and maybe both in some cases. (Noshar Canals & Tehran Highway for example). This would also reduce on players quitting cause they only want the air maps for example (They would prolly put up with 1 round on Tehran... and Noshar does have 2 or 1 scout helo per side as well)
Back to top Go down
WantonHERO
Murderous Crack Fiend
WantonHERO

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Review   BF3 Review - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 4:20 pm

Rush won't fix the other shit wrong with the game.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Review   BF3 Review - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 4:25 pm

WantonHERO wrote:

I'd think you'd be used to "jumping" over ½' high obstructions by now after BC1 & 2

W/E hater... u ain't gotta love it... go play ur Modern Warfail
Back to top Go down
WantonHERO
Murderous Crack Fiend
WantonHERO

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Review   BF3 Review - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 7:14 pm

RoninHo'in wrote:
WantonHERO wrote:

I'd think you'd be used to "jumping" over ½' high obstructions by now after BC1 & 2

W/E hater... u ain't gotta love it... go play ur Modern Warfail
don't feel betrayed roniononion. i still love you.

i get this all the time. when i start speaking truth about bf3, everyone's like 'but wanton, we did work in bc1. we did this and that and battlefield is this and that too us".

fact is i don't owe bf nothing. i paid for my game. i will never forget the days of bc1 and the greatest community ever to exist on fps gaming was the bc1 community but that was then. but i'm also not afraid to let the truth out. i keep it real homie. bf3 is not a shit game. bf3 is not homefront. bf3 is 10000 times better than homefront. but the fact is that bf3 is not perfect. everyone's stroking this game like it's going to be the new 'cod killer'.

why go for that title? why can't you just make an fps with your own identity? fucking bf3 is a joke. it has a little bc, a little homefront, and a little cod. but no bf. the funny thing is when you say go play your mw, DICE/EA are trying desperately to win cod gamers.

Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Review   BF3 Review - Page 4 Icon_minitimeMon Oct 31, 2011 8:28 pm

My only gripe with this game is the spawn at the flags. Fucking terrible. Reminds me of this:

Back to top Go down
WantonHERO
Murderous Crack Fiend
WantonHERO

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Review   BF3 Review - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 9:11 am

shrek, the vid is blocked at work Sad

@Ronioinnnnnoinoinon: i had a shit load of lag last night. not only was Tehran lagway laggy as expected, but we were all surprised when all the maps started Tehraning.

Also, whats your take on the increase of prone M249 bipod with thermal optics?

Shotty hit detection? Game freezing? can you explain the gun balance in the game?

While your on that, care to delve on the class balance in terms of gun fighting?:

I was always lead to believe that it was a rocks, paper, scissor type of balance. shotgun> Smg > ar > lm in cqc; ar > smg > shotty > lmg in midrange; sniper > lmg > ar > smg > shotty in long range. Why are the ar's more potent in cqc and midrange than smgs? why do i keep getting hipfired by type88 lmgs?...maybe because of the shitty ea lag servers we've all got have to accept.

furk you in advance roninon. *furk you*. Wink
Back to top Go down
DTECH
DTECH

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Review   BF3 Review - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 10:03 am

RoninHo'in wrote:

That's what matters Cool

I always run on foot on vehicle maps, fuck I even use jets and helos just to get me to a flag then I bail, I take out at least 5-10 vehicles everytime on Caspian, mines or stingers, then mop up the few other retards running around on foot

Ive become even more of a dick playing this game, I constantly get into vehicles and drive off without anyone else, then I ditch the vehicle, last night was pretty funny, I spawned in on the RU flag on Tehran lagorific Highway grabbed one of the tanks and started taking off, there was a guy behind me running after me shooting at the tank wanting in, so I stopped for him..... as soon as he got close I hit the nitrous, kept doing it all the way to the A flag, then I saw an enemy tank let him hit me without me shooting at him then bailed on the tank, dumbass behind me finally caught up and jump in.... just in time to take another shell and die Laughing
Back to top Go down
WantonHERO
Murderous Crack Fiend
WantonHERO

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Review   BF3 Review - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 10:10 am

^lol

btw, it's "Tehran Lagway" and if any maps starts lagging I use the verb "Tehraning".

I actually was proud of myself last night. 17/6 second place on Caspian Boring-dor without once getting into a vehicle Cool
Back to top Go down
DTECH
DTECH

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Review   BF3 Review - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 10:16 am

WantonHERO wrote:
^lol

btw, it's "Tehran Lagway" and if any maps starts lagging I use the verb "Tehraning".

I actually was proud of myself last night. 17/6 second place on Caspian Boring-dor without once getting into a vehicle Cool

My apologies for the "Lagway" and Ill be stealing the verb from now on too Teeth

Ya Caspian kinda sucks balls for me since I barely get over 10 kills on the map, yet I generally place 1st, my average game on Caspian is 9-1
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Review   BF3 Review - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 10:49 am

WantonHERO wrote:
shrek, the vid is blocked at work Sad
Damn. Watch it when you're off and you'll see my point.
Back to top Go down
WantonHERO
Murderous Crack Fiend
WantonHERO

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Review   BF3 Review - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 10:51 am

DTECH wrote:

My apologies for the "Lagway" and Ill be stealing the verb from now on too BF3 Review - Page 4 969365

Ya Caspian kinda sucks balls for me since I barely get over 10 kills on the map, yet I generally place 1st, my average game on Caspian is 9-1

haha, thats fine. The reasone i created that verb was because for some unexplainable reason it's the only server thats pure shit. The map before Tehran Lagway is perfect, then lagway comes on and it's pure fps hell, then game ends we go to another map and everything is fine.

So now, whenever any map lags i just scream and rage in xbl party "Is anyone else fucking Tehranin'!?!?!" lol.

i'm getting used to only single digit kills. whenever i kill someone it's like finding an old hs classmate, you haven't seen them in such a long time and your both surprised. so when i do get 17 kills using only an smg on Caspian Boring-dor, i feel like an fps god and everyone needs to step their game up.

maybe i should make a youtube video: "How to get double digit kills on The Caspian Plant" or "I found someone on Caspian, seriously, I'm not kidding watch the video if you don't believe me"

inb4 rionioninoininon plugs rush.
Back to top Go down
DTECH
DTECH

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Review   BF3 Review - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 11:34 am

LOL at the Youtube video title
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Review   BF3 Review - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 12:56 pm

WantonHERO wrote:
DTECH wrote:

My apologies for the "Lagway" and Ill be stealing the verb from now on too BF3 Review - Page 4 969365

haha, thats fine. The reasone i created that verb was because for some unexplainable reason it's the only server thats pure shit. The map before Tehran Lagway is perfect, then lagway comes on and it's pure fps hell, then game ends we go to another map and everything is fine.

So now, whenever any map lags i just scream and rage in xbl party "Is anyone else fucking Tehranin'!?!?!" lol.

i'm getting used to only single digit kills. whenever i kill someone it's like finding an old hs classmate, you haven't seen them in such a long time and your both surprised. so when i do get 17 kills using only an smg on Caspian Boring-dor, i feel like an fps god and everyone needs to step their game up.

maybe i should make a youtube video: "How to get double digit kills on The Caspian Plant" or "I found someone on Caspian, seriously, I'm not kidding watch the video if you don't believe me"

inb4 rionioninoininon plugs rush.

I think Tehrans problem is lighting effects. It's the only night time map...

There are other maps with as much dense destructible elements so that can't be it. And you aren't changing servers... the same server will play fine, then tehran it ruh-ruh-rubberbands, then back to normal on the next map.... which really sucks since Tehran is one of the best maps otherwise.

Caspian CQ is pretty dead O_o.... I've almost always been in a jet or helo and had plenty to do... but last night I was in a tank and it was a ghost town. Kharg and Firestorm have much better ground battles cause they are more localized with less shrubbery.

another 8 players really would make all the difference on those maps TBH..... ah well. Here comes the Rush Plug..... PLAY RUSH! problem solved Laughing

Wanton... are you guys using quick match? If so quit being a noob.... you deserve shitty servers if you use quick match... posting a "How to server browser" thread right after this (EDIT Here: http://www.gametanamo.com/t2637-using-server-browser-to-play-with-your-squad )
Back to top Go down
WantonHERO
Murderous Crack Fiend
WantonHERO

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Review   BF3 Review - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 1:49 pm

nah, when we squad we pick the servers. at least who ever sets up the game. but tehran lagway is well know to be laggy regardless of what you do.
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Review   BF3 Review - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 1:54 pm

Ronin's probably right, the lighting effects are just overkill.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Review   BF3 Review - Page 4 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 01, 2011 1:58 pm

spacefox wrote:
Ronin's probably right, the lighting effects are just overkill.

And the xbox's weakness at that.

They just need to tone down the lighting effects on that map and it would prolly work better.

Prolly a good thing we don't have more night maps lmfao
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Review   BF3 Review - Page 4 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BF3 Review
Page 4 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next