Gametanamo Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for degenerates to shoot shit about their favorite hobby

HomeHomepageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

BF3 Review

Go down 
+14
sPurMiN_gErMin
DTECH
monkeystoot
DGAF
Mark!
GnarlyBromance
the_Fetophagist
CptnShotgun
JediMindTrixxx
Skreshavik
spacefox
RoninHo'in
Eradicated
WantonHERO
18 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
JediMindTrixxx
Whore
JediMindTrixxx

BF3 Review - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: BF3 Review   BF3 Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 3:55 pm

Yes, it is better then CQ, still lame. i've gone back and fourth between cq and rush
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Review   BF3 Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 4:02 pm

BF3 Rush reminds be of BC1 Rush.... the maps are a lot more open allowing for much better Attack/Defend..

Except of course it doesn't take 15 bullets to kill someone Laughing

I'm gonna take a crack at Infantry Only & WookieMode modes... see how they play out.
Back to top Go down
the_Fetophagist
Unrestrained Psychotic Stalker
the_Fetophagist

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Review   BF3 Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 6:01 pm

So I tried upping my sensitivity, and I instantly like the feel a lot better. I'm convinced I'm actually shooting a lot more accurately now too, which might sound odd after saying I've upped my sensitivity. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
AmPLiFiKaTioN
Astro Jesus
AmPLiFiKaTioN

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Review   BF3 Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 7:22 pm

I'll be picking up my copy on Sunday, but I thought the sensitivity in the beta was still a little bit low. Not enough to be rage-inducing, but lower enough to make transitioning from Black Ops a little annoying.
Back to top Go down
VILE
God Damn Mother Fucking VILE
VILE

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Review   BF3 Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 7:55 pm

Well, it's a very different game to BC or BC2, that's for sure. I'm with Wanton, having played Homefront for the first time, while waiting for BF3, they're both similar, while the infantry maps have a definite CODness. Then again, some of the maps have an almost sim feel to them.
I'm getting that sense of disappointment creeping in, you know, that 'dice/Ea' thing...Hopefully 'll like it more as I get better, but somehow that seems like it's gonna be a chore rather than fun.
Back to top Go down
JediMindTrixxx
Whore
JediMindTrixxx

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Review   BF3 Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 10:48 pm

the_Fetophagist wrote:
So I tried upping my sensitivity, and I instantly like the feel a lot better. I'm convinced I'm actually shooting a lot more accurately now too, which might sound odd after saying I've upped my sensitivity. Very Happy

What sensitivity you play on? I'm running with it @ half, anything higher feels way to clunky >.> I was actually considering lowering it, but i average about 25-30% accuracy so i guess im fine as is
Back to top Go down
DTECH
Master of Facts, Factual Evidence, and Facts
DTECH

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Review   BF3 Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 10:59 pm

RoninHo'in wrote:
BF3 Rush reminds be of BC1 Rush.... the maps are a lot more open allowing for much better Attack/Defend..

I'm gonna take a crack at Infantry Only & WookieMode modes... see how they play out.

Fuck I may actually try rush if it plays like BC1 rush.... BC2 rush was the worst piece of shit you could ever play, I avoided it like Skylar avoids female vagina
Back to top Go down
DGAF
Homosexual male
DGAF

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Review   BF3 Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Oct 28, 2011 11:29 pm

DTECH wrote:
RoninHo'in wrote:

Fuck I may actually try rush if it plays like BC1 rush.... BC2 rush was the worst piece of shit you could ever play, I avoided it like Skylar avoids female vagina

This made me lol for 5 min.

But seriously, go fuck yourself sheepshagging canadian piece of douchebaggery.
Back to top Go down
the_Fetophagist
the_Fetophagist

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Review   BF3 Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 2:09 am

JediMindTrixxx wrote:
the_Fetophagist wrote:

What sensitivity you play on? I'm running with it @ half, anything higher feels way to clunky >.> I was actually considering lowering it, but i average about 25-30% accuracy so i guess im fine as is

Mine's about half as of now I think.

And who the fuck at DICE thought it was a good idea to make it take 3 FUCKING ROCKETS to kill a little humvee/vodnik? Add another piece of bullshit to a boring game.
Back to top Go down
sPurMiN_gErMin
Lederhosen
sPurMiN_gErMin

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Review   BF3 Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 3:18 am

VILE wrote:
Well, it's a very different game to BC or BC2, that's for sure. I'm with Wanton, having played Homefront for the first time, while waiting for BF3, they're both similar, while the infantry maps have a definite CODness. Then again, some of the maps have an almost sim feel to them.
I'm getting that sense of disappointment creeping in, you know, that 'dice/Ea' thing...Hopefully 'll like it more as I get better, but somehow that seems like it's gonna be a chore rather than fun.

well you got teamstacked pretty bad yesterday... Embarassed
Back to top Go down
xALIENAx
Completely Sane and Normal Individual
xALIENAx

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Review   BF3 Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 7:33 am

I like ya wanton but i have to say you're way off base. I hope to GOD they don't nerf tanks. they're just fine- And the Seeker missiles do a great job at keeping all but the best pilots on evasive 90% of the time
Back to top Go down
WantonHERO
Murderous Crack Fiend
WantonHERO

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Review   BF3 Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 1:41 pm

xALIENAx wrote:
I like ya wanton but i have to say you're way off base. I hope to GOD they don't nerf tanks. they're just fine- And the Seeker missiles do a great job at keeping all but the best pilots on evasive 90% of the time

wantizon <3 alienATONHERO

i take back what i said about tanks needing a lot of rpgs to take out, i did say that someone told me that, but they're fine. i don't like the disable of humvee's and vodniks though, it should be one rpg and they're done.

i played the game much more yesterday. the ump45 was nerfed but not much but it's not as op as the beta. i think it should be a bit stronger cause of it's slow rate of fire because the scar is better then it at the same class. the A-91 is nice, and it's a beast in cqc. i haven't played rush yet but i've been playing a lot of conquest.

some maps are like we all said too big but some are fine. the gun feel and movement i'll still need to get used to, i don't like the homefrontish feel but whatever...

so i do stand corrected on a few thing i waaahed about but my overall feeling is still there.
Back to top Go down
VILE
VILE

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Review   BF3 Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 2:50 pm

BacKdRafT wrote:
VILE wrote:

well you got teamstacked pretty bad yesterday... Embarassed

That's how I like it brother.
Back to top Go down
AmPLiFiKaTioN
Astro Jesus
AmPLiFiKaTioN

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Review   BF3 Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 4:28 pm

Wanton, I agree 100% about the clunky movement. Your soldier responds to the analog sticks half a second after you move them. Fucking annoying... it reminds me of Crysis 2, which was a sick game other than the movement delay... which is literally the only reason I sold it.

Unless they do something to fix it (which they won't, because in their eyes there's nothing wrong with it - same reason Crysis 2's movement was never fixed), I can see myself selling BF3 by the end of the year. Maybe even before MW3 if I don't have enough money.
Back to top Go down
xALIENAx
Completely Sane and Normal Individual
xALIENAx

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Review   BF3 Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSat Oct 29, 2011 6:06 pm

WantonHERO wrote:
xALIENAx wrote:

wantizon <3 alienATONHERO

i take back what i said about tanks needing a lot of rpgs to take out, i did say that someone told me that, but they're fine. i don't like the disable of humvee's and vodniks though, it should be one rpg and they're done.

i played the game much more yesterday. the ump45 was nerfed but not much but it's not as op as the beta. i think it should be a bit stronger cause of it's slow rate of fire because the scar is better then it at the same class. the A-91 is nice, and it's a beast in cqc. i haven't played rush yet but i've been playing a lot of conquest.

some maps are like we all said too big but some are fine. the gun feel and movement i'll still need to get used to, i don't like the homefrontish feel but whatever...

so i do stand corrected on a few thing i waaahed about but my overall feeling is still there.
<3 you too broseph

The disable buffer allowing people to bail and run from ever vehicle is annoying but i can deal with it- I like the mix of maps too- Theres alot of decent infantry dependant maps- Bazar, Tehran, seine crossing, metro

Then we have Caspian and Kharg mainly for almost exclusively vehicle battle. i like my vehicle only maps so i have no complaints there theres plenty to go around for everyone
Back to top Go down
WantonHERO
Murderous Crack Fiend
WantonHERO

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Review   BF3 Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 9:54 am

AmPLiFiKaTioN wrote:
Wanton, I agree 100% about the clunky movement. Your soldier responds to the analog sticks half a second after you move them. Fucking annoying... it reminds me of Crysis 2, which was a sick game other than the movement delay... which is literally the only reason I sold it.

Unless they do something to fix it (which they won't, because in their eyes there's nothing wrong with it - same reason Crysis 2's movement was never fixed), I can see myself selling BF3 by the end of the year. Maybe even before MW3 if I don't have enough money.

yes, the movement is just crippling. I've played for a good 5-6 hrs yesterday and i've played almost every map at least twice if not more. not only is the movement you described amp annoying but add in random lag spikes and rubberbanding. but the lag and rubberbanding is fine, it's expected, i'm not going to be a dick about that but what really breaks my balls and goes along with the clunky movement is interacting with the environment. I get stuck trying to get over rocks. I get stuck on fallen bushes. I get stuck on fallen trees. I get stuck in random rubble. The same annoying stuff in bc2 is back in bf3.

can you trade this game in? it has the access code so i was thinking that once activated it's locked to that xbox? if i can trade it in, great, cause i will lol.

@aliena: i understand the beauty of bf3 and the vehicles aspect. there is nothing more satisfying then destroying a tank but caspien border, for example is a bit too rediclious. the most kills i got in that game was 11. everyone averages <0.23 kills a minute on that map. sure there are plenty of vehicles but you can't find anyone. jets are a disappointment. to quote one of my friends, 'i thought jets would be awesome in bf3 and was one of the reasons i bought it but they turned out meh..'. there shouldn't be vehicles for 80% of the team. it should be 50%. there needs to be a balance between infantry and vehicles.

on another interesting side note, why do i have to play co-op to unlock other guns to use in multiplayer? is anyone else bothered by this? and tehran lagway is a joke, it's know to be the laggiest server in the game. for warning to all when playing that map.
Back to top Go down
the_Fetophagist
the_Fetophagist

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Review   BF3 Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 12:13 pm

Yes, wanton, I am also very annoyed by having to play their shitty co-op. I had one round on caspian that was quite fun where I got 24 kills, but that was the only round ever on that map where i got more than five or so kills lol.

What bugs me most about the feel of the game is how it seems like after you've stopped moving your analog stick it takes a while for your soldier to actually stop moving his weapon. kinda like in killzone
Back to top Go down
WantonHERO
Murderous Crack Fiend
WantonHERO

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Review   BF3 Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 12:37 pm

the_Fetophagist wrote:
Yes, wanton, I am also very annoyed by having to play their shitty co-op. I had one round on caspian that was quite fun where I got 24 kills, but that was the only round ever on that map where i got more than five or so kills lol.

What bugs me most about the feel of the game is how it seems like after you've stopped moving your analog stick it takes a while for your soldier to actually stop moving his weapon. kinda like in killzone

24!!!! you are a beast bro!! I was so amped when got the 11 lolz. There was 8 of us in a party laughing at that. The score bored always has the bottom 7 players going 0/1, 0/0 and that one dude who goes 0/5. Fucking kills per minute is like 0.23! fuck is that all about lol.

Dude you know what I noticed yesterday, I ran and stopped behind a rock and didn't touch my controller and the guy started moving. I thought it might be my controller but I just bought it like a few months ago. Then I noticed another friend of mine posted that his controller was acting up and it moved his character when he was tanking. My bro yesterday said he needed a new controller because his controller moved his character about...this could be me but now that you say it's happening with your analog i wonder.
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Review   BF3 Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 1:43 pm

WantonHERO wrote:
on another interesting side note, why do i have to play co-op to unlock other guns to use in multiplayer? is anyone else bothered by this?
Oh god, so much hate. The fucking raffica is one of them...I think I'll have to give up on my raffica dreams.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AlyssSilence
WantonHERO
Murderous Crack Fiend
WantonHERO

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Review   BF3 Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 1:45 pm

Alyss wrote:
WantonHERO wrote:
on another interesting side note, why do i have to play co-op to unlock other guns to use in multiplayer? is anyone else bothered by this?
Oh god, so much hate. The fucking raffica is one of them...I think I'll have to give up on my raffica dreams.
or you could play co-op for 3 hours.
Back to top Go down
AmPLiFiKaTioN
Astro Jesus
AmPLiFiKaTioN

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Review   BF3 Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 1:49 pm

the_Fetophagist wrote:

Yeah that's exactly what I'm talking about! It's stupid... makes it harder to aim, harder to quickly check your surroundings, and just harder to move around in general.
Back to top Go down
WantonHERO
Murderous Crack Fiend
WantonHERO

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Review   BF3 Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 1:53 pm

i bet you it's the thing from bc2 that leblack was telling about in the engine where it predicts your movement or tries to predict your movement. i don't know why that would be a good idea or why they implemented it again.
Back to top Go down
the_Fetophagist
the_Fetophagist

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Review   BF3 Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 2:15 pm

AmPLiFiKaTioN wrote:
the_Fetophagist wrote:

Yeah that's exactly what I'm talking about! It's stupid... makes it harder to aim, harder to quickly check your surroundings, and just harder to move around in general.

Yeah, it's horrible! In close quarters sometimes I can't really get a bead on a guy because the movement doesn't stop when I want it to, and it makes it feel like you're frantically spraying to get the kill. Not fun at all

and lol wanton, I think firestorm is just as bad as caspian. What we got on consoles is a shitty pc port, just like how pc players complained about BC2 being a shitty console port for them lol.
Back to top Go down
VILE
VILE

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Review   BF3 Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 2:48 pm

Where is LEBLACK??!! I'd like to hear his thoughts on BF3
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Review   BF3 Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Oct 30, 2011 4:42 pm

WantonHERO wrote:
Alyss wrote:
or you could play co-op for 3 hours.
3 hours? Uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurgh.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AlyssSilence
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BF3 Review   BF3 Review - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BF3 Review
Page 3 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next