Gametanamo Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for degenerates to shoot shit about their favorite hobby

HomeHomepageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Black Ops II Discussion Thread

Go down 
+6
spacefox
GorillazInm1st
RoninHo'in
Skreshavik
Fido
AmPLiFiKaTioN
10 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Xycolian
Property of Gametanamo
Xycolian

Black Ops II Discussion Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Black Ops II Discussion Thread   Black Ops II Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 10:56 am

Do my eyes deceive me, or is Skresh actually impressed with a COD game?
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops II Discussion Thread   Black Ops II Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 11:53 am

Impressed with the game itself? Not particularly. One thing that's utter bullshit is that speed = better player. Not speed internet-wise, but running around with a SMG with the stock and possibly a laser sight. There's no auto-aim, so unless you're not used to an insanely high x/y axis speed on the mouse, they're gonna zip by and strafe your face off.

The SMG's are still overpowered like usual (AK74u, anyone?) This case, it's the Skorpion and the MSMC that are just fucking ridiculous. Almost no recoil, high RoF to cause you to flinch endlessly, and of course, great hip-fire accuracy. If Treyarch is smart, they're going to reduce the maximum damage on the furthest range anywhere from 25-50% so assault rifles and LMG's can do their intended role of fucking people up mid and long-range while still being sub-par at close ranges where the SMG's would excel. There can be certain anomalies where the SMG can do better than an AR/LMG at mid-range and still have a change against long-range with damage being...I don't know, maybe 25% lower than the AR so the rifle has a smaller kill-time than the SMG, but the SMG can still win if the AR user fucks up. But, to even these SMG's out, they have to do either less damage than their close-range counterparts, or have a much worse hip-fire spread (I favor the former.)

But if you want to be technical, yes, their P2P is stellar. I daresay almost as good as what Bungie did with the Halo series.
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops II Discussion Thread   Black Ops II Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 11:57 am

Oh, and Amp. The M27 is good, no doubt, but the Swat-556 is much better when you unlock the selector switch. It's a serious pain in the flippin' butt to get, but well worth it.
Back to top Go down
AmPLiFiKaTioN
Astro Jesus
AmPLiFiKaTioN

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops II Discussion Thread   Black Ops II Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 4:37 pm

It's all about the M8A1.
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops II Discussion Thread   Black Ops II Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 5:37 pm

I'm only rank 22 Shifty Eyes
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops II Discussion Thread   Black Ops II Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 11:54 am

CoD is a better FPS than BF in my opinion and it has been since I ditched BC1 for CoD4 or Modern Warfail 2.

The engine's just better at doing what it promises to do. It's not buggy or glitchy, it's just a BITCH if you're lagging, but nobody can say that when you get a good connection (like being host) that it isn't a really fucking fun game with a lot of customization and styles of play. Very dynamic.

That said my internet is about .5 at school and .25 at home so gone are my 25mbps 10 upload rape games. So CoD sucks.
Back to top Go down
MadCunt
Property of Gametanamo
MadCunt

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops II Discussion Thread   Black Ops II Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 4:13 pm

Fido wrote:
CoD is a better FPS than BF in my opinion and it has been since I ditched BC1 for CoD4 or Modern Warfail 2.

The engine's just better at doing what it promises to do. It's not buggy or glitchy, it's just a BITCH if you're lagging, but nobody can say that when you get a good connection (like being host) that it isn't a really fucking fun game with a lot of customization and styles of play. Very dynamic.

That said my internet is about .5 at school and .25 at home so gone are my 25mbps 10 upload rape games. So CoD sucks.
CoD & BF are incomparable. You could argue individual points, but the two are so vastly different that while you can have your preference for various reasons, you can't say that CoD's better because of a couple of things, because it misses the mark on so many others... & vice versa of course. Truth is, I still prefer BF/CoD with all the issues, but that doesn't make you or I either right or wrong, it's what we prefer &/or have more fun with.
Back to top Go down
sPurMiN_gErMin
Lederhosen
sPurMiN_gErMin

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops II Discussion Thread   Black Ops II Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 4:27 pm

MadCunt wrote:
Fido wrote:

CoD & BF are incomparable. You could argue individual points, but the two are so vastly different that while you can have your preference for various reasons, you can't say that CoD's better because of a couple of things, because it misses the mark on so many others... & vice versa of course. Truth is, I still prefer BF/CoD with all the issues, but that doesn't make you or I either right or wrong, it's what we prefer &/or have more fun with.

Black Ops II Discussion Thread - Page 2 Incompetence
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops II Discussion Thread   Black Ops II Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Nov 22, 2012 5:31 pm

MadCunt wrote:
Fido wrote:

You can't compare the mechanics, but you can look at what they' purport to offer and what the actual product is. You can compare them just fine. They're both First-Person Shooters... they're going after the same market.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops II Discussion Thread   Black Ops II Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 7:47 pm

Fido wrote:

You can't compare the mechanics, but you can look at what they' purport to offer and what the actual product is. You can compare them just fine. They're both First-Person Shooters... they're going after the same market.
Which is what killed Battlefield...

they should have made themselves more distinct rather than trying to cater to CoD gameplay which degraded their own offering.

I am a CoD hater though. Just don't like the game nor it's influence on the industry.
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops II Discussion Thread   Black Ops II Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 26, 2012 8:15 pm

I like the precision of CoD - how it works in a lagless game, such as a locally hosted game against bots or friends. Everything bullet is tracked meticulously. Everything is carefully measured and calculated by the game as you play. That's pretty much what CoD is supposed to be. A twitchy shooter game where speed is everything and being able to react instantly gives you the ultimate tactical edge. You get killstreaks, points to rank up and all that! Pick any fucking retarded combination of weapons and perks! lol, perks! It's an arcade game ffs. Not much better than the ones in front of movie theaters where you point the orange gun at the screen and shoot things as they appear on the screen.

Battlefield wants to provide a more realistic experience, and thusly:
Battlefield feels like all your actions are performed as though the earth's atmosphere has been replaced with a thick gravy. Doors function dually as an entry into a new area, and as elastic guillotine. Vehicles are alternately violently automated rape machines, or likable to stuffing yourself in a duffel bag and shouting for the enemies to come and take a few seconds out of their time to kill you.
But....
Battlefield ALSO has a very complex point system and unlocks and perks and all sorts of arcadey shit! Which it shouldn't have. Should just have classes with set, defined roles as it was more in BC1 - recon, spec, demo, support, assault whatever it was. Each had a CLEAR role and a TOTALLY different play style.

None of this recon with shotguns bullshittery.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops II Discussion Thread   Black Ops II Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 2:24 pm

Doesn't CoD use hitscan? ( I know it did, just assumed they never replaced it)
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops II Discussion Thread   Black Ops II Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 27, 2012 11:06 pm

Too bad BO2 has a buttload of lag.
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops II Discussion Thread   Black Ops II Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 2:29 pm

I just played cod for the last 3 days or so for however long it took me to get to rank26 or 29 wherever im at.

Its awesome. Im terrible at it, just really slow and i cant aim for shit, but at least i can find lobbies where people die when i spray them down, unlike bf3 where nothing i do counts and i automatically die just because.

Also, its so liberating to be able to just move. Im not stuck constantly, fighting with the environment because a small rock or something makes it to where i cant move in any direction unless i jump 35 times and then do the mount-leapover thing 5 more times on thin air just to move 10 feet. I still get stuck occasionally, but 10 times out of 10, upon re-examining the environment, turns out i was trying to walk backwards through a car or something.

And i like the thing where i can hack enemy landmines, because fuck those motherfuckers.
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops II Discussion Thread   Black Ops II Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 2:36 pm

lol, i hacked this one dude's shit from a good ways away while he was in the room camping with it and fucked his face up hahahha
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops II Discussion Thread   Black Ops II Discussion Thread - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Ops II Discussion Thread
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2