Gametanamo Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for degenerates to shoot shit about their favorite hobby

HomeHomepageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Black Ops II Discussion Thread

Go down 
+6
spacefox
GorillazInm1st
RoninHo'in
Skreshavik
Fido
AmPLiFiKaTioN
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
AmPLiFiKaTioN
Astro Jesus
AmPLiFiKaTioN

Black Ops II Discussion Thread Empty
PostSubject: Black Ops II Discussion Thread   Black Ops II Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 10:49 am

Eh, it's alright. I've only played the multiplayer so far, and it's interesting to say the least. There's a new points system in the create-a-class menu, meaning you can customize your classes a lot more. You want 6 perks? Fine, but say goodbye to your grenades and secondary weapon. But you can still do it, that's the thing that's kind of awesome.

The gunplay is actually more like Battlefield than CoD. Spraying gets you nowhere, unlike MW3 where you held down the trigger and got kills fer dayz. The maps are pretty fucking sweet. Treyarch did an awesome job imagining and creating interesting places to fight. One map is on a cruise ship, one is a nightclub, one is basically a mansion, there's one that reminds me of Hazard from BO1, there's one in a train station, etc, etc. I really like the maps. The graphics suck, but hey what did you expect?

The only thing I really, really dislike about the multiplayer is the fact that you don't get a good usable weapon until like level 20... you're better off sticking with the standard class that has the M27 full auto.

Anyway, that's all I've got for now. Feel free to add to the discussion.
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops II Discussion Thread   Black Ops II Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 8:46 pm

It looked like shit in literally every way I'd seen it before release and now I'm mostly hearing that it is indeed shit so I don't think I'll get it.

Keep me posted though, I'm actually interested in hearing about it a bit more.
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops II Discussion Thread   Black Ops II Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeWed Nov 14, 2012 9:22 pm

Apparently Black Ops Declassified is utter shit on the PSVita. Boo...maybe I'll just get Blops2 on PC and wait for Battle Royal.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops II Discussion Thread   Black Ops II Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 3:28 pm

Skreshavik wrote:
Apparently Black Ops Declassified is utter shit on the PSVita. Boo...maybe I'll just get Blops2 on PC and wait for Battle Royal.

You have a PC... why in the name of no fucks given would you get blops for PC???
Back to top Go down
GorillazInm1st
TITS or GTFO
GorillazInm1st

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops II Discussion Thread   Black Ops II Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 4:42 pm

The new zombie mode "tranzit" looks like a lot of fun.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops II Discussion Thread   Black Ops II Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 5:08 pm

meh... got really tired of the "sit at end of choke and fill zombie heads with bullets" gameplay

I could possibly be persuaded in picking up zombie mode on it's own for maybe $10-15 tops and I still wouldn't count on getting my money's worth outta it.
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops II Discussion Thread   Black Ops II Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 6:54 pm

Just played it at my friend's place, and it's pretty shit. It seems more arcade-y than any previous CoD and I just don't like the feel. Guns all felt really meh, graphics look worse than MW3. Only thing I slightly enjoyed was zombies but still, not even worth it.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops II Discussion Thread   Black Ops II Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 7:01 pm

Thankfully I have much MUCH better options to choose from Black Ops II Discussion Thread 4044769246
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops II Discussion Thread   Black Ops II Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeThu Nov 15, 2012 8:05 pm

RoninHo'in wrote:
You have a PC... why in the name of no fucks given would you get blops for PC???
I want that hand-held FPS feel that only Metroid Prime: Hunters was able to deliver. If only WiFi was more prominent and there weren't hackers in every session...Ironic. I bought the PSVita soley for that reason, but I ended up sticking with the Metal Gear Solid HD collection, some dungeon crawler, and most likely going to pick up Little Big Planet. After that, I'm sure I'm going to get Battle Royal and the next God of War installment.
Back to top Go down
AmPLiFiKaTioN
Astro Jesus
AmPLiFiKaTioN

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops II Discussion Thread   Black Ops II Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeFri Nov 16, 2012 5:52 am

Well, I played it a bit more. Like a lot more--I'm level 50 in multiplayer now. So here's some more review type stuff.

@Space: the guns feel "meh" until you unlock the good ones. The FAL? Two words: holy shit. Guarantee it'll be nerfed by next week. And the M8A1? Dammmmnnnnnn. I'm preferential toward assault rifles, but still. Those things are crazy good. They're actually fun to use, too.

The killstreaks are kinda weird in this game. They're scorestreaks now, which is nice because it favors team-oriented play instead of camping (obviously people still camp, but there's less incentive now). The Guardian is an absolute must have. Doesn't take too long of a streak to obtain, slows down/disorients enemies, kills enemies, and lets you kill the enemies it doesn't kill (you know, because they're all stunned n shit). Really cool killstreak, unfortunately it'll probably be nerfed for range soon. That thing goes on for days.

@Fido: remember the death machine from BO1? Imagine that, except actually functional. That's what it is in BO2. Oh, and did I mention that you don't lose it when you die? Yeah. Fucking sweet.

I honestly like the way the game mechanics are in BO2. It feels smooth and just right, imo. Someone said it felt arcadey, but I really don't get that out of it. Feels more like Battlefield than Modern Warfare.
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops II Discussion Thread   Black Ops II Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 12:02 am

Well after playing it more, and trying out more guns, I had fun playing zombies. 4 people in the same room playing Nuketown is fun as fuck, and so is "Trazit" where you're all rushing to get into the bus.

But the multiplayer I still don't like, can't see myself getting into that at all. Honestly I think Black Ops was better in terms of that, and I can't even put my finger on why. It does feel extremely arcade-y to me, and not necessarily in a good way. Almost reminds me of MAG, but with less players and shittier.
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops II Discussion Thread   Black Ops II Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 1:26 am

PC matchmaking is as atrocious as ever.
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops II Discussion Thread   Black Ops II Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeSat Nov 17, 2012 5:01 pm

Let me reiterate. Matchmaking on the PC is about as enticing as lung cancer. You will be considered to be in the 1% if you are able to play a zombies game and still have a full party by the end of wave five.
Back to top Go down
AmPLiFiKaTioN
Astro Jesus
AmPLiFiKaTioN

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops II Discussion Thread   Black Ops II Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 8:56 pm

^ Matchmaking is shit in BO2 across all systems. I have to back out of 4-5 lobbies before finding one that will actually put me into a game. It keeps coming up with this "Need more players to balance teams" bullshit even when there are 12 players in the lobby. Once it does that, you're fucked. No matter how long you wait, you're not getting into a match.

I prestiged a couple days ago, didn't play much yesterday, and haven't played much at all today. I think I'm at like level 40 on the first prestige now... it's way too easy and fast to level up in this game.

Nuketown is an absolute point-whoring map, especially considering half the time you're playing demolition or domination. 6k+ points per match EASILY. I've had 13k in a single game of demolition before.

And that reminds me about grenade spamming, since in BO1 that happened all the fucking time on Nuketown. Grenade spamming = gone due to the new rules that make it so you lethal grenades don't work for like the first ten seconds of the game. Pretty nice, imo.

Spawning sucks. I can't even count the number of times I've been placed right in front of an enemy, right next to a grenade, right beneath a lightning strike, etc. Fucking annoying.

More about the guns: submachine guns with 3 attachments have the potential to be absolutely deadly. The only assault rifles worth using are the burst/semi-auto ones. If you want a fully auto weapon, go with an SMG with long barrel attachment to increase its range, and a grip to increase its accuracy. Oh, and might as well throw on FMJ rounds too. The customization of classes is ridiculously in depth--you can make sooooo many more different setups than in any CoD game to date. It's nice, but at the same time frustrating.

I'll think of more random stuff to say about the game, I'm sure of it.
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops II Discussion Thread   Black Ops II Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeSun Nov 18, 2012 9:28 pm

Spawns always sucked in CoD, though. Both on Treyarch's and Infinity Ward's versions. It's most notorious when you're playing something like War or whatever the massive 12v12 fights are and there's always that random hajji or kraut who spawns right with the American forces or vice versa at the start of the match. Afterwards, it seems to be a crapshot on whether you'll spawn with the rest of your team or on top of some faggot with a LMG prone in a corner.
Back to top Go down
AmPLiFiKaTioN
Astro Jesus
AmPLiFiKaTioN

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops II Discussion Thread   Black Ops II Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeMon Nov 19, 2012 5:08 am

Yeah, spawns always suck in CoD. But this time it's worse, I swear. I ragequit 4 games in a row because of bullshit spawns, then I finally called it quits. I don't think I've ever had to ragequit more than 2 matches in a row, and even that's a rare occasion.
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops II Discussion Thread   Black Ops II Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 3:19 pm

Fuck this game on the goddamn pc. Holy fucking shit, you thought dolphin diving was bad in Battlefield? Spread your goddamn loose assholes and take the fucking dicking that is black ops 2 on the pc.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops II Discussion Thread   Black Ops II Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 4:01 pm

Skreshavik wrote:
Fuck this game on the goddamn pc. Holy fucking shit, you thought dolphin diving was bad in Battlefield? Spread your goddamn loose assholes and take the fucking dicking that is black ops 2 on the pc.

I'll ask again...

WHY THE FUCK DID YOU BUY THIS SHIT ON PC?

This game is for the plebians... you're supposed to glorify in superior tech and games, not lower yourself to their level....

it's dirty down there Black Ops II Discussion Thread 634531
Back to top Go down
GorillazInm1st
TITS or GTFO
GorillazInm1st

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops II Discussion Thread   Black Ops II Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 4:24 pm

lol, fuck off ronin, you're as bad as some of those pricks at mordorhq.

I play and enjoy all platforms equally. Cool

You're severely limiting yourself to the amount of fun games out there if you choose to only play one platform and bash all others.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops II Discussion Thread   Black Ops II Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 4:47 pm

GorillazInm1st wrote:
lol, fuck off ronin, you're as bad as some of those pricks at mordorhq.

I play and enjoy all platforms equally. Cool

You're severely limiting yourself to the amount of fun games out there if you choose to only play one platform and bash all others.

Played the fuck outta console for years.

Don't act like I dunno wtf I'm talking about.

And CoD IS trash

Especially the PC version and in comparison to PC dedicated games.

Console version, particularly in comparison to other console games... well... yah, it's one of your better options... (and the console version is properly designed for it's platform, unlike the PC version which should be using dedicated servers and server browsing)

I still have my 360... I haven't not used it because I'm some console hater.. it simply offers absolutely NOTHING to me that isn't better on my PC.
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops II Discussion Thread   Black Ops II Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 5:00 pm

I wanted a shooter Sad
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops II Discussion Thread   Black Ops II Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 5:14 pm

Skreshavik wrote:
I wanted a shooter Sad

and?

There's plenty of shooters on PC...

I mean fuck, PS2 just dropped today.

Ghost Recon Online

Firefall is in beta but not to hard to get into

all 3 of those completely free.

Then there's a number of indie titles as well
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops II Discussion Thread   Black Ops II Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 7:03 pm

Of course there are. Half of my 70+ steam games are shooters. Red Orchestra, CoD, Bioshock1/2/3, Serious Sams, Too many Ghost Recons, ect...
Back to top Go down
MadCunt
Property of Gametanamo
MadCunt

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops II Discussion Thread   Black Ops II Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeTue Nov 20, 2012 11:50 pm

RoninHo'in wrote:
I still have my 360... I haven't not used it because I'm some console hater.. it simply offers absolutely NOTHING to me that isn't better on my PC.
Elitest scum! Black Ops II Discussion Thread 3009347766

Black Ops II Discussion Thread 4044769246
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops II Discussion Thread   Black Ops II Discussion Thread Icon_minitimeWed Nov 21, 2012 10:30 am

After playing Blops2 for a while after the patch a day back, the lag is almost...nonexistent, to say the least. I'm quite fascinated on how Tripwire is able to excel with using P2P over the PC.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Black Ops II Discussion Thread   Black Ops II Discussion Thread Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Black Ops II Discussion Thread
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next