Gametanamo Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for degenerates to shoot shit about their favorite hobby

HomeHomepageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

LA Noire Review

Go down 
+12
monkeystoot
GorillazInm1st
Xycolian
Hawk
Vanished
Alyss
GnarlyBromance
leblackdragon
RoninHo'in
DTECH
spacefox
Fido
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

LA Noire Review - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LA Noire Review   LA Noire Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 2:34 pm

to trash talk boring games ofc
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire Review   LA Noire Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 2:37 pm

Only reason I visit the Battlefield Series subforum of course.
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire Review   LA Noire Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 3:53 pm

RoninHo'in wrote:
cause it's boring as shit? Razz
I didn't find LA Noire boring at all. I loved it so much I started wearing a hat.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AlyssSilence
DTECH
Master of Facts, Factual Evidence, and Facts
DTECH

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire Review   LA Noire Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 8:38 pm

monkeystoot wrote:

Why is you in dis thread then? HUH?

What they said, go play NHL you noob
Back to top Go down
FFigh
Property of Gametanamo
FFigh

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire Review   LA Noire Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 4:36 am

My review?

Awesome.
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire Review   LA Noire Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun May 29, 2011 1:48 pm

Same here, finally finished it completely. Rockstar never fails to disappoint.
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire Review   LA Noire Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 6:58 pm

I want to go back and replay the cases I did badly in. Not got anything than 3 stars, but it still feels like shoddy work.
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire Review   LA Noire Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon May 30, 2011 7:15 pm

What's the highest it can be? I've had 5 stars "Valorous" on a mission I think but I still had like 500 or so damage to vehicles. Can you get 6 stars for no damage to anything, all clues found, all questions correct?

Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire Review   LA Noire Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 5:45 am

I'm pretty sure 5 is the highest. Interesting article in the guardian on games vs. films: http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2011/jun/02/la-noire-video-games-films-sophistication

Much as I do view games as art, I think they're going to be limited, at least for the time being, to a degree that they'll still fall behind films artistically. If we ever end up in a world such as is depicted in eXistenZ then it'll be another matter, but at the moment the narrative of games is still one that is heavily centred around objectives and winning...which I'm not saying is a bad thing, after all that's the primary purpose of the medium. At the same time, I'd love for games to be something more, something that you can get a real intellectual and emotional pay-off for taking part in. I think LA Noire made a very big step in that direction, and the fact that it's done so well is very encouraging - the more that kind of stuff gets mainstream the better.
Back to top Go down
CptnShotgun
Eezo junkie
CptnShotgun

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire Review   LA Noire Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 6:38 am

Alyss wrote:
I'm pretty sure 5 is the highest. Interesting article in the guardian on games vs. films: http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2011/jun/02/la-noire-video-games-films-sophistication

Much as I do view games as art, I think they're going to be limited, at least for the time being, to a degree that they'll still fall behind films artistically. If we ever end up in a world such as is depicted in eXistenZ then it'll be another matter, but at the moment the narrative of games is still one that is heavily centred around objectives and winning...which I'm not saying is a bad thing, after all that's the primary purpose of the medium. At the same time, I'd love for games to be something more, something that you can get a real intellectual and emotional pay-off for taking part in. I think LA Noire made a very big step in that direction, and the fact that it's done so well is very encouraging - the more that kind of stuff gets mainstream the better.

Hell, Mass Effect already does that for me, I get so involved in the story that I spent hours scanning planets, not for the upgrades, but so that my team wouldn't die. I didn't skip a single cutscene or line of dialogue on my first playthrough and read everything in the Codex.

Reading that through, it makes me sound like a right nerd, but I really did get that involved.
Back to top Go down
DTECH
Master of Facts, Factual Evidence, and Facts
DTECH

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire Review   LA Noire Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 7:55 am

CptnShotgun wrote:

Hell, Mass Effect already does that for me, I get so involved in the story that I spent hours scanning planets, not for the upgrades, but so that my team wouldn't die. I didn't skip a single cutscene or line of dialogue on my first playthrough and read everything in the Codex.

Reading that through, it makes me sound like a right nerd, but I really did get that involved.

You are right you are a nerd, actually watching cutscenes and listening to the dialogue.... haha

hahha ah..
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire Review   LA Noire Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 10:44 am

I know what you mean, but it's not quite the same. The story in Mass Effect is very shallow, and the dialogue is little better. It's big and cinematic, but only for a game. It's like a blockbuster, pretty damn far from high art.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire Review   LA Noire Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 12:31 pm

scanning planets doesn't prevent ur team from dying O_o

U just need to make them all lower before going off on that 1 mish that is the one b4 the mass effect relay
Back to top Go down
Xycolian
Property of Gametanamo
Xycolian

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire Review   LA Noire Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 12:49 pm

maybe he meant scanning planets to get upgrades which prevents ur tem from dying?

I dunno
Back to top Go down
CptnShotgun
Eezo junkie
CptnShotgun

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire Review   LA Noire Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 1:11 pm

Xycolian wrote:
maybe he meant scanning planets to get upgrades which prevents ur tem from dying?

I dunno

Yup, I bought every single upgrade in the game, and making them all loyal (at least that's what I think Ronin was saying when he said "lower) doesn't mean they won't die, without ship upgrades you lose 2/3 members right off the bat, and without personal upgrades they'll die regardless of how well they're suited to the role.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire Review   LA Noire Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 1:44 pm

I lost my crew... but that was only cause I went and did that mission they got abducted on before making all my squad members loyal...

I got the ship upgrades... doesn't take much scanning to get those... and the most of the upgrades that affected me.

Ignored everything that didn't effect me or didn't seem worthy enough... didn't even get all the weapon upgrades etc for the weapons I was using (Just didn't find enough +dmg upgrades to unlock em all)

Lost no squad members, just my dumb crew
Back to top Go down
CptnShotgun
Eezo junkie
CptnShotgun

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire Review   LA Noire Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 3:14 pm

Bear in mind Ronin, I was playing on Insanity, as a Vanguard. I needed all my guns to do shitloads of damage to deal with Praetorians before I ran out of ammo, plus charging then one-shotting a collector with the Claymore was damn fun.
Back to top Go down
xXJon2011Xx
Unrestrained Psychotic Stalker
xXJon2011Xx

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire Review   LA Noire Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 11:42 am

Scanning planets was the gayest thing Bioware could've done to Mass Effect.
Back to top Go down
CptnShotgun
Eezo junkie
CptnShotgun

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire Review   LA Noire Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 15, 2011 11:53 am

xXJon2011Xx wrote:

I actually preferred it to the Mako missions in ME1, I didn't have to spend hours on end searching for one feckin' Salarian dog tag.
Back to top Go down
Xycolian
Property of Gametanamo
Xycolian

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire Review   LA Noire Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 5:23 am

You actually scoured for all the anomaly's on the planet? fuck you musta had a lot of free time.

What actually happened when you got all that shit like the matriarchs writings and stuff? does it have an impact on anything in ME2?
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire Review   LA Noire Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 9:16 am

^Nope. I preferred the Mako to scanning. At least it made the universe feel big, even if the planets themselves were a bit featureless. They need something like...Project Overlord. But for every planet.
Back to top Go down
CptnShotgun
Eezo junkie
CptnShotgun

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire Review   LA Noire Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeThu Jun 16, 2011 10:57 am

Xycolian wrote:
You actually scoured for all the anomaly's on the planet? fuck you musta had a lot of free time.

What actually happened when you got all that shit like the matriarchs writings and stuff? does it have an impact on anything in ME2?

It has absolutely no impact, which meant I was not a happy bunny, all you get is some credits and xp in ME1. I did every side quest in that game, god knows how many fucking times, I even had a game guide that I nicked off a mate, but I never needed it after the first playthrough as I had everything memorised. Got to the point I'd shell the fuck out of the turrets in Noveria as soon as I came round the corner, didn't even need to stop. I played it WAY too much.
Back to top Go down
xXJon2011Xx
Unrestrained Psychotic Stalker
xXJon2011Xx

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire Review   LA Noire Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 10:20 pm

CptnShotgun wrote:

It has absolutely no impact, which meant I was not a happy bunny, all you get is some credits and xp in ME1. I did every side quest in that game, god knows how many fucking times, I even had a game guide that I nicked off a mate, but I never needed it after the first playthrough as I had everything memorised. Got to the point I'd shell the fuck out of the turrets in Noveria as soon as I came round the corner, didn't even need to stop. I played it WAY too much.
I did every side mission as well. If they don't have the impact that they're promising with ME3 I'll kill someone.
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire Review   LA Noire Review - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 22, 2011 2:35 am

xXJon2011Xx wrote:
Scanning was the shit, I'd do that for hours on end Surprised
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire Review   LA Noire Review - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LA Noire Review
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3