Gametanamo Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for degenerates to shoot shit about their favorite hobby

HomeHomepageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

LA Noire Review

Go down 
+12
monkeystoot
GorillazInm1st
Xycolian
Hawk
Vanished
Alyss
GnarlyBromance
leblackdragon
RoninHo'in
DTECH
spacefox
Fido
16 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

LA Noire Review - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: LA Noire Review   LA Noire Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 5:56 pm

wait a minute... the fuck?

Did I change ur title earlier or something or wut I do? lmao

but yah... u could be waiting till holiday 2012 to get ur replacement from sony Very Happy
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire Review   LA Noire Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 6:04 pm

Make sure to back up your data.
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire Review   LA Noire Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 8:15 pm

Overheating? Pahahaahahahahaha!

Although Brink does regularly crash my 360...
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AlyssSilence
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire Review   LA Noire Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 18, 2011 8:35 pm

It's a very intensive game though, you can tell immediately. RDR was too. Lots of noise from the PS3, lots of shuffling around in there. You can hear it straining.
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire Review   LA Noire Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 10:17 pm

Well, that was one of the best games I ever played in my life.
Back to top Go down
Xycolian
Property of Gametanamo
Xycolian

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire Review   LA Noire Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 24, 2011 10:27 pm

I rented it and got bored around the part where the serial killer was leaving clues on top of fountains and shit... at first it was kinda fun... but then it got soooo fuckin boring. Fast travel to this location, walk around to look for clues, fast travel to that location interrogate suspect repeat ad infinitum. The game (at least to the point I got) didn't even have opportunities for you to become a bad/corrupt cop which is stupid... I don't want to be a stale goody-two-shoes prick that has his thumb (or maybe his fist) stuck up his gaping asshole.

I think I'd rather watch The View than play this game.
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire Review   LA Noire Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 8:34 am

You have no appreciation for a well told story. And clearly aren't familiar with the parameters of a noire either.
Back to top Go down
Xycolian
Property of Gametanamo
Xycolian

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire Review   LA Noire Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 8:59 am

You're right, I'm not familiar with the parameters of a Noire, and I don't care about how well a story is told if I have to slog through the uneventful boring shit that I feel like I've done a thousand times.

There were no truly unique crimes or ways in which they were committed that got my attention and made me want to continue through the rest of the game. Most of the stuff that they included seemed to be in the hope of grabbing a persons attention by attempting to be "edgy" (like crimes involving dead naked chicks) didn't add to the value for me, like they might have for shallow people (and I already know you think I'm shallow for not sticking through with what you believe to be a great game but yeah whatev).

Really, this games main pro is the interrogation system and the ability to use clues to alter the outcome of said interrogations, but the novelty wears off quickly. Really it gets soo boring soo quickly when all it becomes is an Option A, B, or C game... it gets so frustrating to just sit around and talk. and don't tell me to do streetcrimes.

Oh yeah and like I said before, I can't stand playing as such a single minded good guy as Phelps is... boring as fuck character archetype to use for the protagonist...
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire Review   LA Noire Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 9:39 am

The fact that you think Phelps is a boring as fuck character archetype and a single minded good guy proves you didn't play through the game.
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire Review   LA Noire Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 9:45 am

If you'd actually played through the game, you'd have found that Phelps wasn't as squeaky clean as he first appeared. He was a flawed man that made some serious fuck-ups in the war, and cheated on his wife with a german singer while working vice. In short, he's rather like the kind of protagonist you'd expect to find in a film noire.

It's a shame you didn't like it, but LA Noire didn't fuck up. It's beautifully presented, well told, full of atmosphere, wonderfully paced and filled with memorable characters. There is no uneventful shit - every moment of the game has a purpose and works the story, the characters, and the atmosphere. And this isn't like a story-heavy game where the gameplay takes a back seat, the two go hand in hand and feed off each other. You breathe Phelps' life.
Back to top Go down
Xycolian
Property of Gametanamo
Xycolian

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire Review   LA Noire Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 9:58 am

Fido wrote:
The fact that you think Phelps is a boring as fuck character archetype and a single minded good guy proves you didn't play through the game.

That was my whole point, the game is too slowly paced for me and nothing exciting happens... it's just boring and frustrating to me (hence why I didn't play through the whole game).

I respect you guys and your opinion of this game but it's just not for me.
Back to top Go down
GorillazInm1st
TITS or GTFO
GorillazInm1st

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire Review   LA Noire Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 10:08 am

Alyss wrote:
If you'd actually played through the game, you'd have found that Phelps wasn't as squeaky clean as he first appeared. He was a flawed man that made some serious fuck-ups in the war, and cheated on his wife with a german singer while working vice. In short, he's rather like the kind of protagonist you'd expect to find in a film noire.

It's a shame you didn't like it, but LA Noire didn't fuck up. It's beautifully presented, well told, full of atmosphere, wonderfully paced and filled with memorable characters. There is no uneventful shit - every moment of the game has a purpose and works the story, the characters, and the atmosphere. And this isn't like a story-heavy game where the gameplay takes a back seat, the two go hand in hand and feed off each other. You breathe Phelps' life.
Fucking spoiler button, dickhead.
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire Review   LA Noire Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 10:28 am

Oh yeah, spoilers.
Back to top Go down
Xycolian
Property of Gametanamo
Xycolian

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire Review   LA Noire Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 10:33 am

GorillazInm1st wrote:
Fucking spoiler button, dickhead.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire Review   LA Noire Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 2:11 pm

meh, I don't care about spoilers... I'll never play this game.

Detective games lost interest for me back with "where the fuck is carmen?"
Back to top Go down
DTECH
Master of Facts, Factual Evidence, and Facts
DTECH

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire Review   LA Noire Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 4:40 pm

Alyss wrote:

You just explained that, like it was real life or a movie... now it really sounds gay when you put in context of it being a video game
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire Review   LA Noire Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 5:21 pm

Just like any other mission to mission game.
Back to top Go down
monkeystoot
Midget

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire Review   LA Noire Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 5:41 pm

DTECH wrote:

You just explained that, like it was real life or a movie... now it really sounds gay when you put in context of it being a video game
tldr

use less words next time
Back to top Go down
Hawk
Hawk
Hawk

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire Review   LA Noire Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 5:43 pm

getting of Fifa. Join me.
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire Review   LA Noire Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 7:10 pm

DTECH wrote:

I fail to understand your point. If you don't approach LA Noire as an interactive noire tv series, you're doing it wrong.
Back to top Go down
DTECH
Master of Facts, Factual Evidence, and Facts
DTECH

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire Review   LA Noire Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed May 25, 2011 8:38 pm

Alyss wrote:
I fail to understand your point. If you don't approach LA Noire as an interactive noire tv series, you're doing it wrong.

The point was that its a video game not a movie, if the game plays too much as a movie then its gotta be boring as fuck, IMO of course

My prob is that I basically only like FPS games so non FPS games are boring for me
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire Review   LA Noire Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 11:46 am

I play more then FPS.......

but this new interactive tv bullshit is stupid
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire Review   LA Noire Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 11:53 am

RoninHo'in wrote:
I play more then FPS.......

but this new interactive tv bullshit is stupid
Because? I agree with you if the player has no impact on the game, but in LA Noire that's clearly not the case.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire Review   LA Noire Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 12:39 pm

cause it's boring as shit? Razz
Back to top Go down
monkeystoot
Midget

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire Review   LA Noire Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu May 26, 2011 2:31 pm

DTECH wrote:

The point was that its a video game not a movie, if the game plays too much as a movie then its gotta be boring as fuck, IMO of course

My prob is that I basically only like FPS games so non FPS games are boring for me
Why is you in dis thread then? HUH?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LA Noire Review   LA Noire Review - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LA Noire Review
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next