Gametanamo Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for degenerates to shoot shit about their favorite hobby

HomeHomepageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Diablo 3 again

Go down 
+3
Eradicated
Fido
Xycolian
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Xycolian
Property of Gametanamo
Xycolian

Diablo 3 again Empty
PostSubject: Diablo 3 again   Diablo 3 again Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 5:53 pm

You can sell your in game loot for real world $$$$$$$$$$$$

They hit you with fees at three points in the process if I read this correctly

1. It costs a flat rate (not yet announced) to even put something up for auction, and if the auction expires you aren't given a refund (Each week you are given a certain number of 'free listings' to list items you have found without paying this fee)

2. If the auction is successful, they take a cut. It's a flat rate commission apparently, so if you sell something for $1000 it'll be the same cut as if you sold an item for $5.

3. If you want cold hard cash, it'll be done by a 3rd party, who will hit you with another fee. or you can keep all the real world money you have earned in-game to buy other items in the auction house, or buy other Blizzard games/products without the fee associated with turning it into cold hard cash.

There will be a Real $$$ auction house, and an auction house that runs on the games currency. Although the games currency can be traded in the Real $$$ auction house.

I have to say this makes the game quite tempting... if you sell most of the lucky drops that you find for a modest price over a long period of time, I think it would be quite easy to recuperate the cost of the game itself...
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

Diablo 3 again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diablo 3 again   Diablo 3 again Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 5:58 pm

That's Blizzard cashing in on Diablo 2's economy.
Back to top Go down
Eradicated
Murderous Crack Fiend
Eradicated

Diablo 3 again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diablo 3 again   Diablo 3 again Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 6:22 pm

wait wut...i canz make monies by pleyin vidiyo game? DO WANT.
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

Diablo 3 again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diablo 3 again   Diablo 3 again Icon_minitimeSat Aug 06, 2011 7:55 pm

I would rather play another fps about snipers than ever lay eyes on this half-WoW half-anime pile of shit-puke of a game mistakenly called "diablo."
Back to top Go down
FFigh
Property of Gametanamo
FFigh

Diablo 3 again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diablo 3 again   Diablo 3 again Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 5:26 am

I don't like the fact that Diablo III doesn't look as dark/sinister as Diablo II did... It just looks too much like Torchlight/WoW and IMO the monsters don't look like they come from hell. Put in some fairies and everything will be fine... Also the Demonhunter class, akimbo crossbows pffff, so cheesy.

To my knowledge you can sell your stuff in TF2 too... Some guy earned 50000 by selling his crafted items.
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

Diablo 3 again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diablo 3 again   Diablo 3 again Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 9:27 am

FFigh wrote:
I don't like the fact that Diablo III doesn't look as dark/sinister as Diablo II did... It just looks too much like Torchlight/WoW and IMO the monsters don't look like they come from hell. Put in some fairies and everything will be fine... Also the Demonhunter class, akimbo crossbows pffff, so cheesy.

RIGHT!! Hell they might as well put a trollface on the shield, and put "epic fail" when you die, and have a "cow level" type deal with lolcats and play anime happy-happy music in the intro.
Back to top Go down
GorillazInm1st
TITS or GTFO
GorillazInm1st

Diablo 3 again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diablo 3 again   Diablo 3 again Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 10:44 am

They got rid of skill points...pretty fucking lame if you ask me. That was one of the best things about diablo 2, how a single character class could be utilized in so many different ways.
Back to top Go down
Eradicated
Murderous Crack Fiend
Eradicated

Diablo 3 again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diablo 3 again   Diablo 3 again Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 2:28 pm

GorillazInm1st wrote:
They got rid of skill points...pretty fucking lame if you ask me. That was one of the best things about diablo 2, how a single character class could be utilized in so many different ways.
Im still lost as how to the "new" system works. Are you stuck with the 6 abilities or do you get to change through them at will.
Back to top Go down
GorillazInm1st
TITS or GTFO
GorillazInm1st

Diablo 3 again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diablo 3 again   Diablo 3 again Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 2:34 pm

From what I understand you are stuck with what you get. You unlock skill 1 at level 6 and gain new skills every 6 levels until 24. You unlock passive skill 1 at level 10, and a new one every 10 levels until 30.

Idk, seems stupid.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

Diablo 3 again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diablo 3 again   Diablo 3 again Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 5:13 pm

that is lame....

Blizz is drivin me away.... Warcraft 2, Starcraft, Diablo 1 & 2.... those were their golden years.... Amazing games each one and top of its class for its time.

Now it's all crap....

Well, SC2 seems kinda fun... trying out a crack right now... doesn't seem worth full retail though IMO... DoW2 on the other hand I might actually buy
Back to top Go down
Eradicated
Murderous Crack Fiend
Eradicated

Diablo 3 again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diablo 3 again   Diablo 3 again Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2011 5:22 pm

GorillazInm1st wrote:
From what I understand you are stuck with what you get. You unlock skill 1 at level 6 and gain new skills every 6 levels until 24. You unlock passive skill 1 at level 10, and a new one every 10 levels until 30.

Idk, seems stupid.
Well, that sucks major ass... I just read the article on it, we can increase magic type skills but not melee-weapon based ones? Wtf? I can see the barbarian getting severely screwed over in this....
Back to top Go down
FFigh
Property of Gametanamo
FFigh

Diablo 3 again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diablo 3 again   Diablo 3 again Icon_minitimeThu Aug 11, 2011 7:47 am

GorillazInm1st wrote:

Idk, seems stupid.

Wow, that sounds gay... I'm starting to think Torchlight 2. Looks pretty much like Diablo 3, has the random "map" generator from Diablo 2, Will be alot more varying than Torchlight 1 (not just underground raping).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Diablo 3 again Empty
PostSubject: Re: Diablo 3 again   Diablo 3 again Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Diablo 3 again
Page 1 of 1