Gametanamo Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for degenerates to shoot shit about their favorite hobby

HomeHomepageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Amy Winehouse dead

Go down 
+7
xALIENAx
Alyss
DTECH
GorillazInm1st
Xycolian
spacefox
Fido
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fido
emo
Fido

Amy Winehouse dead Empty
PostSubject: Amy Winehouse dead   Amy Winehouse dead Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 12:47 pm

At 27. Some of you know the ominousness of that.

No news sources yet.
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

Amy Winehouse dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse dead   Amy Winehouse dead Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 2:48 pm

Yep, didnt Jimi Hendrix die at 27 too?

And it was apparently overdose.
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

Amy Winehouse dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse dead   Amy Winehouse dead Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 3:20 pm

Jimi Hendrix, Brian Jones, Jim Morrison, Janis Joplin, Robert Johnson, Amy Winehouse and Kurt Cobain.

IMO Amy Winehouse was up there with Janis Joplin but the last few years she totally fucked it up for herself. It's very sad, she had one of the best voices ever recorded and she totally wasted it with drugs. She's probably still going to be remembered as one of the greats (definitely of our time) but she could've been so much more. All people really knew her as was a junkie. For good reason too.

Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

Amy Winehouse dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse dead   Amy Winehouse dead Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 3:25 pm

I dont even know any of her songs, if she was that talented, well she sure fucked it up pretty well.
Back to top Go down
Xycolian
Property of Gametanamo
Xycolian

Amy Winehouse dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse dead   Amy Winehouse dead Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 6:30 pm

All I have to say is that maggots are gonna be trippin balls when they find their way to her body.
Back to top Go down
GorillazInm1st
TITS or GTFO
GorillazInm1st

Amy Winehouse dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse dead   Amy Winehouse dead Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 7:01 pm

Forever 27
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

Amy Winehouse dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse dead   Amy Winehouse dead Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 7:14 pm

She actually was extremely talented. It's not the kinda music I really listen to but if you listen to her voice when she wasn't drunk on stage (and even then, she still came out pretty good) it's impossible to deny her talent.

Back to top Go down
DTECH
Master of Facts, Factual Evidence, and Facts
DTECH

Amy Winehouse dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse dead   Amy Winehouse dead Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 7:46 pm

What a great loss this is.... meh just another dead junkie with artistic tortured soul syndrome

Her death is a cliche....
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

Amy Winehouse dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse dead   Amy Winehouse dead Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 8:00 pm

She wasn't trying to be a tortured artist, she was more of a "fill your body with everything you can find and fuck the consequences" kinda person. You don't really know the first thing about her if you assume it's a bleeding heart type thing. She had it coming.
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

Amy Winehouse dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse dead   Amy Winehouse dead Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 9:24 pm

Fido wrote:
She's probably still going to be remembered as one of the greats (definitely of our time)
I very much doubt it...to be put in that bracket you need to innovate and/or shift a lot of records. She did soul well for a white girl, and I think it's a shame she fucked herself up before producing more great music, but she's nothing like Hendrix...or Dylan...or Nirvana...or Radiohead. Just another singer.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AlyssSilence
Fido
emo
Fido

Amy Winehouse dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse dead   Amy Winehouse dead Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 9:42 pm

Radiohead sucks, no way they can be put into the same category as Bob Dylan or Hendrix. Not even Nirvana can. And I don't even like Bob Dylan.

But okay okay no arguments aformin'. I think as time passes Amy Winehouse'll be seen as true talent that was lost before it could really inflict a lot of change on the music scene. The others in the 27 club got much more accomplished before they died but there's no denying the talent she had. It was obviously waste and we can all at elast agree on that.
Back to top Go down
DTECH
DTECH

Amy Winehouse dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse dead   Amy Winehouse dead Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 1:18 am

Fido wrote:
She wasn't trying to be a tortured artist, she was more of a "fill your body with everything you can find and fuck the consequences" kinda person. You don't really know the first thing about her if you assume it's a bleeding heart type thing. She had it coming.

Yer right I know nothing about her, I could care less that she died though, just another moron who had amazing opportunities in life and threw it all in the shitter
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

Amy Winehouse dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse dead   Amy Winehouse dead Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 1:19 am

Sad but true.
Back to top Go down
xALIENAx
Completely Sane and Normal Individual
xALIENAx

Amy Winehouse dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse dead   Amy Winehouse dead Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 4:50 am

I never really was "into" her music but i agree with fido you can't deny she had a voice like no other. Cant deny her that.
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

Amy Winehouse dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse dead   Amy Winehouse dead Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 11:27 am

Fido wrote:
Radiohead sucks
Amy Winehouse dead 911372
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AlyssSilence
Fido
emo
Fido

Amy Winehouse dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse dead   Amy Winehouse dead Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 12:55 pm

Sorry. I find them really whiny. Probably the result of hearing Creep a billion times on every station I make on Pandora.
Back to top Go down
FFigh
Property of Gametanamo
FFigh

Amy Winehouse dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse dead   Amy Winehouse dead Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 1:55 pm

Amy Winehouse dead JvJd1
Back to top Go down
FFigh
Property of Gametanamo
FFigh

Amy Winehouse dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse dead   Amy Winehouse dead Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 2:03 pm

Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

Amy Winehouse dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse dead   Amy Winehouse dead Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 2:06 pm

I can see how it might look that way but I've never said a negative thing about her except "she needs to get off the drugs" and so on. I mostly remember a few years ago I heard a lot about her spiraling down so I looked into the music and I was surprised that someone that good could get the kinda mainstream attention she got (see Bieber and Miley Cyrus).
Back to top Go down
FFigh
Property of Gametanamo
FFigh

Amy Winehouse dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse dead   Amy Winehouse dead Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 2:08 pm

Fido wrote:
I can see how it might look that way but I've never said a negative thing about her except "she needs to get off the drugs" and so on. I mostly remember a few years ago I heard a lot about her spiraling down so I looked into the music and I was surprised that someone that good could get the kinda mainstream attention she got (see Bieber and Miley Cyrus).

lol

I didn't make that pic and it wasn't directed towards your opinion, more towards the media I guess.
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

Amy Winehouse dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse dead   Amy Winehouse dead Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 2:14 pm

Yeah, fair enough. I still see how it could appear that way, she wasn't exactly popular near the end.

Would suck if it was suicide though. Sick of it all trying to get in the 27 club. Saw her 28th birthday loom, knew she was doomed... that's probably looking too far into it.
Back to top Go down
DTECH
DTECH

Amy Winehouse dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse dead   Amy Winehouse dead Icon_minitimeSun Jul 24, 2011 5:39 pm

FFigh wrote:
Amy Winehouse dead JvJd1

LOL +1

And fuck those videos... man what a fucking downward spiral

Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

Amy Winehouse dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse dead   Amy Winehouse dead Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 10:58 am

Winehouse is dead? no shit... 27 is pretty fuckin trippy too.

However, where Jimi's death is somewhat suspicious, I find this one less so. She was emotionally broken and way too dependent on drugs... kinda saw it coming... still a shame.
Back to top Go down
DTECH
DTECH

Amy Winehouse dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse dead   Amy Winehouse dead Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 11:11 am

RoninHo'in wrote:
Winehouse is dead? no shit... 27 is pretty fuckin trippy too.

However, where Jimi's death is somewhat suspicious, I find this one less so. She was emotionally broken and way too dependent on drugs... kinda saw it coming... still a shame.

Well arent you just the most awesome fucking soothsayer to ever live
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

Amy Winehouse dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse dead   Amy Winehouse dead Icon_minitimeMon Jul 25, 2011 11:18 am

lmao a blind deaf mute coulda predicted that one....

In fact, that's where I heard it from
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Amy Winehouse dead Empty
PostSubject: Re: Amy Winehouse dead   Amy Winehouse dead Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Amy Winehouse dead
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next