Gametanamo Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for degenerates to shoot shit about their favorite hobby

HomeHomepageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Homefront Review

Go down 
+20
Ultrasur76
leblackdragon
Lambo805
AmPLiFiKaTioN
Alyss
the_Fetophagist
ShowyAsh
bat
Hawk
SomeMexicanGuy
Eradicated
VILE
St NickelStew
RoninHo'in
CptnShotgun
Fido
DGAF
spacefox
Killzone_Kid
WantonHERO
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
FFigh
Property of Gametanamo
FFigh

Homefront Review - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 11:13 am

ShowyAsh wrote:
You just can't beat going on a 12 kill streak using a silenced smg and knives. No game right now has that gameplay.

Black Ops, and you actually get rewarded for the 11th kill. What a Face

Crysis 2 killstreaks only go up to 7 which is a shame but it's far more exciting than Homefront, lol. The "executions" are a nice addition to the melee "system". I got a epic game winning killcam last night... I ran toward a guy and he started shooting at me, I tapped B (started sliding) and killed him before I got up again. Maximum nanosuit means rapetime, no energy drain and you have armor enabled for the whole duration, you can just stand in the middle of the map and as soon as someone starts shooting at you, you zero in on him and annihilate the poor bastard.

Also, nothing like power kicking a car on someone and getting a kill for it.

What a Face (I'm starting to sound like a broken record with my anti Homefront posts)
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 11:42 am

If you went on a 12 killstreak with an SMG and knives that means 12 people (or less than that, but some repeatedly) hated that game and didn't quite do that well, and to them that game has no such possibilities.
Back to top Go down
ShowyAsh
Midget
ShowyAsh

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 11:56 am

well I'm talking actually finding 12 ppl in an area and killing them one by one, not spawn killing, but yea definitely done with blackops. Crysis 2 is an awesome looking game but it just seems to be another arena style fps and I like huge battlefields; same thing with BO. I'll stick with homefront unless my rank is reset again...
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 12:38 pm

Does Homefront have actual big maps or are they just all empty space like BC2?
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 1:12 pm

Does blackops have actual maps or are they all a series of camping spots for WookieMode SnD players to hang out and wait for someone to walk by?
Back to top Go down
ShowyAsh
Midget
ShowyAsh

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 1:35 pm

the maps are very large, but since there are an extra 8 ppl running around, it aint hard to find targets. Ground controls are divided into 3 areas and if the game goes into the 3rd round, you get access to pretty much the entire map.
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 5 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 1:48 pm

Gut_Tech wrote:
Does blackops have actual maps or are they all a series of camping spots for WookieMode SnD players to hang out and wait for someone to walk by?

don't hate cause you can't handle HC SnD
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 3:11 am

I could dominate it if I had the patience to play hide-n-go-fuck-yourself for 8 hours a day and get good at fucking myself while waiting for someone to walk by.

Unfortunately Id rather shove a lit firecracker up my dickhole than play a game that is very litterally nothing but hide-n-seek disguised as a FPS.

And I dont mean SnD in particular, I just mean CoD in general. The only thing that means anything in that game is who saw who first. Hell, even with a bad connection and (perhaps even worse) BAD AIM, I can still guarantee if I got your back I could kill you and theres nothing you could possibly do about it.

Played me some CoD, played me some BC2, played me some Homefront this last weekend, after like 3 weeks of nothing but Saints Row 2 and I have no idea what I ever saw in these competitive FPS games.

back when I first got into BC1 and I didnt know anything and had a K/D of .6 and whatnot, it was fun then, but now, seeing the truth of these games, they all blow.

Including Homefront, even though it blows a lot less than CoD.

At least I know what to look for in my games.... if the advantage in multiplayer is given to the player who HIDES from the enemy instead of the player that wants to have a frikken SHOOTOUT, then its not, and never will be, a game for me. In the mean time I gave away MoH, gave away HF, and sold BO. Gave away Modern Warfail 2 several weeks ago. That leaves BC2, and my brother has been asking for it ever since I bought him his ps3... i guess hes gonna get his wish, i got no urge to play it anymore.

You fucktards can have your Battlefield 3... it will be another snipefest and another fuckfest and another cowardfest. Face-up gunfights will be even more rare than they are in BC2, vehicles will be like Homefront where they are cool but if even one person knows how to counter them they become useless (and therefore any match between decent teams will be infantry (aka sniper) only.)

Ill be busy with my evil plan to get rich and maybe possibly take over the world and nuke Belgium.
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 7:02 am

Gut_Tech wrote:

Ill be busy with my evil plan to get rich and maybe possibly take over the world and nuke Belgium.

If everyone hid and nobody went and looked for them nobody would ever see an enemy. The maps only have a certain amount of hiding spots and all these pro campers everyone seems to fear always go back to the same spot (and I'm talking about every FPS here). There's also grenades, rockets, killstreaks, vehicles, etc etc, all of which are designed to kill Player X in House Y behind the stairs.

In fact that's why I kinda prefer Hardcore on CoD, when playing S&D. You spawn with a fucking M60 big ammo and put hardened on it and you just walk around daring someone to be camping because you can shoot through 3 walls.
Back to top Go down
ShowyAsh
Midget
ShowyAsh

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 11:12 am

Saints Row 2 is the shit, love rolling with a friend coop and starting shit. Can't wait for SR3
Back to top Go down
FFigh
Property of Gametanamo
FFigh

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 11:29 am

ShowyAsh wrote:
Saints Row 2 is the shit, love rolling with a friend coop and starting shit. Can't wait for SR3

I actually got it soon after I finished GTA IV and was hoping for something similar... I really didn't like it and ended up playing it for about 1 hour, didn't get any achievements and traded it in. (the reason for trading it in was not the "didn't get any achievements" part... I just didn't like it)
Back to top Go down
ShowyAsh
Midget
ShowyAsh

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 11:48 am

wow, you seem to shit on my opinion often FFigh hahah. To each his own. My friend put me on to it and I instantly loved it. There's so much to do. I like it's controls better than GTA and I like it's tone: slapstick. Gangwars are also a blast
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 1:32 pm

^exactly.

I was never a fan of GTA style games at all until Saints Row. If the game took itself seriously theres no way I would be able to enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
FFigh
Property of Gametanamo
FFigh

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 1:42 pm

ShowyAsh wrote:
wow, you seem to shit on my opinion often FFigh hahah. To each his own. My friend put me on to it and I instantly loved it. There's so much to do. I like it's controls better than GTA and I like it's tone: slapstick. Gangwars are also a blast

Yeah, I've noticed. Not on purpose though, lol.

@Goatse tech
GTA hardly takes itself seriously.
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 1:51 pm

Yea but Saints Row is frikken ridiculous.

One of the activities to ride shotgun in a septic truck and spray sewage at things to lower property values.

Then theres a mission where you raid a nuclear power plant and have the whole world trying to hunt and kill you, escape in a chopper, all so you can get some useless nuclear waste with which you poison someone's tatoo ink and burn their face a bit.

Then you have insurance fraud and... well.... just look up a video of someone beating level 6 of it to see how stupid that is. Frikken awesome.

And theres soooooooooo much stuff to do in that game. Soooooooo much stuff.
Back to top Go down
ShowyAsh
Midget
ShowyAsh

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 1:59 pm

all good stuff, but you can't beat the straight up chaos of getting 3 other gang members to ride on a rival gang's hood. If the cops want to interfere, they get dealt with too. You can't beat customization either; I usually roll as the guerrilla fighter with the facial bandana with a polo on.
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 2:02 pm

I like collecting and customizing cars. I got all the cars that are probably popular, lambo look-a-likes and whatnot, but then I got some really awesome sht like a blinged out dump truck and an ice white bulldozer
Back to top Go down
ShowyAsh
Midget
ShowyAsh

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 5 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 2:45 pm

Have you found the shopping mall yet? You should be able to pick up a 4wheeler there. Also look for charter buses.
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 3:50 am

I HATE the 4 wheeler. I HATE it. Have you ever done Trail Blazing?? Good god man, the 4 wheeler is hell. I wish it was never put in the game. Like hell will I EVER have that thing in my garage.
Back to top Go down
VILE
God Damn Mother Fucking VILE
VILE

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 7:09 am

SOLD! best pitch I've heard for a game yet..getting Saints Row this weekend...you fudge better be right
Back to top Go down
ShowyAsh
Midget
ShowyAsh

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 10:06 am

yea the 4wheeler is worthless, just like the crotchrockets. I just liked going into the mall, killing security guards and jacking their rides
Back to top Go down
ShowyAsh
Midget
ShowyAsh

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 10:26 am

Back on topic, last night was a good night for homefront. Brought that kd up from 1.38 to 1.42. Pretty much running the scar and diablo. Didn't use any vehicles either. It's kind of strange cause I'm a huge tankwhore on bc2 but actually prefer run and gun on homefront
Back to top Go down
Daedra
Whilst
Whilst
Daedra

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 11:27 am

ShowyAsh wrote:
Back on topic, last night was a good night for homefront. Brought that kd up from 1.38 to 1.42. Pretty much running the scar and diablo. Didn't use any vehicles either. It's kind of strange cause I'm a huge tankwhore on bc2 but actually prefer run and gun on homefront

Vehicles are almost a total waste of points, they get destroyed in about 10 seconds...
Back to top Go down
ShowyAsh
Midget
ShowyAsh

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 11:42 am

you must not play battlecommander because a 5 star heavy tank is almost impossible to kill; I know because the only i've ever reached 5 stars is with a tank. I think heavy tanks are worse than choppers and they kill me all the time. And now since my rank reset, I have nothing to combat them. Infantry only maps like suburbs and cul de sac are a sigh of relief for me
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 5 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 10:23 pm

Yeah, tanks all the way. Stick on auto-repair and you can be cruising for about half the game.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AlyssSilence
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Homefront Review
Page 5 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next