Gametanamo Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for degenerates to shoot shit about their favorite hobby

HomeHomepageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Homefront Review

Go down 
+20
Ultrasur76
leblackdragon
Lambo805
AmPLiFiKaTioN
Alyss
the_Fetophagist
ShowyAsh
bat
Hawk
SomeMexicanGuy
Eradicated
VILE
St NickelStew
RoninHo'in
CptnShotgun
Fido
DGAF
spacefox
Killzone_Kid
WantonHERO
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
AuthorMessage
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

Homefront Review - Page 6 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 10:26 pm

I prefer roflcopters.

They dont stay up for as long, but the easy fix is to just keep calling them in back to back so it doesnt matter that you got shot down.
Back to top Go down
ShowyAsh
Midget
ShowyAsh

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 6 Icon_minitimeSun Apr 10, 2011 5:20 pm

Yea I've been taking down choppers pretty easy nowadays with prox rockets and rhino drone, but those heavy tanks are the worst. I had game yesterday on Lowlands where I went 33/10 with a 4 star heavy tank. The only thing that could kill me was a clusterbomb hahah.
Back to top Go down
ShowyAsh
Midget
ShowyAsh

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 6:02 pm

this weekend was the shit. Had a 28/2 match and a 37/3....all on greenzone. Everything was working well; servers, lobby system. Every match was a 2kd or a lot better. I really wish more of yall would give this game a shot cause it's soooo fun, especially with some friends.
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 6 Icon_minitimeMon Apr 11, 2011 7:01 pm

Currently too busy with H games and minecraft
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AlyssSilence
leblackdragon
Midget
leblackdragon

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 7:49 am

My friend brought his copy over with his harddisk. After a month of play, good unlocks, and proper tactics the game really looks and plays good. People knowing now how to play really made for an impressive session. The graphics didn't even look bad at all once it sinks in.
Back to top Go down
ShowyAsh
Midget
ShowyAsh

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 9:52 am

wow...finally someone likes homefront hahah. It's taken a while me but I have perfected the run n gun with my diablo; best game was 38/6 last night on farm. Ran laps around the map and got 2 heavy tanks. Decided to pick up the m110 last night and man that gun is fun. Angel island is pretty fun when you camping over flags with thermal goggles. Hell, I even flew an apache and destroyed 2 tanks. I'm a horrible pilot and thankfully the rest of the team was keeping them off of me. Shit was fun and I think I might wanna work on piloting.
Back to top Go down
WantonHERO
Murderous Crack Fiend
WantonHERO

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 7:38 pm

man homefront died faster than my erection when gut's mom walked in.

but seriously, chuck it down as another great review by yours truly. I'm so dope.
Back to top Go down
GorillazInm1st
TITS or GTFO
GorillazInm1st

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 8:24 pm

I traded that PoS in 2 days after I got it.

After I learned that I could lie down on roof tops with a 2hk, super accurate laser rifle, pop-shot retarded people, earn a OP heavy tank (which handles like shit) that would in turn, earn me another heavy tank, it ceased to be fun.

Not to mention I didn't care for the gunplay at all and the graphics looked like BC1 but played like Goldeneye.

BRINK's out in a few weeks though, so hopefully that isn't a waste of 60 bucks.
Back to top Go down
ShowyAsh
Midget
ShowyAsh

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 8:59 pm

Eh, you can have your Crysis 2 and Brink. I need more than 16 player matches. I will admit that the sniper is OP, on the hand it really only dominates on one map, so its not that big of a deal. Don't know what you are talking about with the gunplay; I love mowing down groups of 5 with an smg. One cool feature, if you spray someone point blank, their blood sprays on your screen.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 6 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 19, 2011 10:14 pm

I'll play BC2 for 24 player matches and vehicles still....

But Brink looks feckin sick, I'm gettin that shiz day 1.
Back to top Go down
GorillazInm1st
TITS or GTFO
GorillazInm1st

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 2:53 pm

ShowyAsh wrote:
Don't know what you are talking about with the gunplay; I love mowing down groups of 5 with an smg.
I didn't exactly say the gunplay was terrible, just that I don't care for it.

And fk Crysis 2, I've watched and read several reviews that suck that games devil, and make it sound great, but I'm not falling for it.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 3:35 pm

I'm just gonna gamefly Crysis for the SP if I ever run out of other better games....
Back to top Go down
St NickelStew
Midget
St NickelStew

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 3:41 pm

Ronin0ni wrote:
I'm just gonna gamefly Crysis for the SP if I ever run out of other better games....

Brink is out now in less than three(!) weeks. Hopefully that will last for a while.

In September Rage is scheduled to release. Looks like that could have a Borderlands-ish co-op campaign that could be pretty fun. And about then BF3 should roll into town. That is more than enough for me.

Are you purchasing Brink? (Or renting it?)
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 3:45 pm

Rage isn't really intriguing me.

I'm starting off with a day 1 gamefly of Brink... I expect to buy it, but I like to try most games before I buy... Especially given the reduced "keep it price" being = to used game price (despite me being the first to have it) + free shipping + additional 10% discount + $5 coupon (every 3 mo)

BF3 I will pre-order to get the map pack at no charge though...... plus I know I'm gonna like it... they'd have to TOTALLY fuck up the game for me not to like it.... 24 players, bigger maps, with full vehicles and proper kits? yes please.... ya'll can keep ur homefront/cod
Back to top Go down
AmPLiFiKaTioN
Astro Jesus
AmPLiFiKaTioN

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 4:10 pm

It's worth a Gamefly, just don't buy it. The SP is great, but it has very little replay value.

And speaking of Borderlands, if anyone here doesn't have it... go to Gamestop right now and pick up the Game of the Year edition for 20 bucks. That's not the price of a used game either, that's how much it costs brand new.

Borderlands + 4 DLC packs for $20 = great deal
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 4:12 pm

Borderlands is sick....
Back to top Go down
Xycolian
Property of Gametanamo
Xycolian

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 4:15 pm

damn 20 bucks... i just bought it like 2 months ago for 40... I'm fucking pissed of now...
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 4:24 pm

I bought it 6mo ago for 40
Back to top Go down
ShowyAsh
Midget
ShowyAsh

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 4:28 pm

why oh why can't bf3 have more people. If homefront has taught me anything, it's that destruction is not that big of a deal. They just to make the maps more interesting, like more urban locales. I'd gladly jump on slightly improved graphics with refined hit detection and 32 players. Hell, who needs planes? They'll prob be horribly OP anyways. Bf3 better have smaller bits of destruction or more to destroy; like in Modern Warfail 2 highrise where you can destroy desks and office supplies....more detailed destruction. I haven't thought twice about destruction in hf,but I def can't go back to not being able to prone...very crucial.
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 4:29 pm

That's how I see it. Destruction is nice but feels like a gimmick that allowed them to sacrifice many of the finer points in the game.

Maps always seemed bland. Lots of empty space.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 4:35 pm

ShowyAsh wrote:
why oh why can't bf3 have more people. If homefront has taught me anything, it's that destruction is not that big of a deal. They just to make the maps more interesting, like more urban locales. I'd gladly jump on slightly improved graphics with refined hit detection and 32 players. Hell, who needs planes? They'll prob be horribly OP anyways. Bf3 better have smaller bits of destruction or more to destroy; like in Modern Warfail 2 highrise where you can destroy desks and office supplies....more detailed destruction. I haven't thought twice about destruction in hf,but I def can't go back to not being able to prone...very crucial.

that's the catch... you WON'T get refined gfx + hit detection with more players....

You'd actually prolly LOSE gfx from BC2, and worse lag/sync issues by increasing player count.

It's look like homefront prolly actually.... which is not a compliment
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 4:36 pm

Frostbite 2 looks to increase map detail + destruction significantly if the SP gameplay is anything to go by....

And I wouldn't call it a "gimmick"... i'd call it a pretty significant mechanic when cover is only temporary
Back to top Go down
AmPLiFiKaTioN
Astro Jesus
AmPLiFiKaTioN

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 4:37 pm

Xycolian wrote:
damn 20 bucks... i just bought it like 2 months ago for 40... I'm fucking pissed of now...
Yeah it said $40 on the sticker, but it had a "POWERSAVER" sticker that had it marked as 20. So basically they cut the price in half, which is amazing, especially for the quality of Borderlands.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 4:41 pm

I'll have to tell my broke ass friends about that
Back to top Go down
St NickelStew
Midget
St NickelStew

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 6 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 20, 2011 5:10 pm

BF3 without destruction is not Battlefield.
Homefront to me looks "lame" without it.

I already have BF3 preordered. Not too happy about prone ... it will contribute to more "campy" play, I think, but I don't not like it enough to not buy BF3. Not by a longshot.

@Ronin, not that you necessarily care, but no preorder bonuses for you, good sir. I am a sucker for that stuff, though. I am giving my brother a copy of Brink and also my grad assistant as a thank-you for putting up with me for the past two years, so I actually have three copies preordered ... from three different sources, of course. I keep the preorder bonuses, they get free games.

Man, I think I paid full price for Borderlands and DLC.

Edit: Rage hasn't really interested me yet, either. Waiting to hear more, first. Hopefully Brink will occupy my time for a while. I am also getting Dirt 3 which could easily serve as filler until November when BF3 and Skyrim land.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Homefront Review   Homefront Review - Page 6 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Homefront Review
Page 6 of 7Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next