Gametanamo Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for degenerates to shoot shit about their favorite hobby

HomeHomepageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.

Go down 
+22
FFigh
BOOOGER
WantonHERO
Derozero
Hawk
Daedra
GorillazInm1st
Fido
GnarlyBromance
Skreshavik
leblackdragon
St NickelStew
UnrepentantN00b
RoninHo'in
bat
VILE
Andreas of SWE
TOA Obelysk
CptnShotgun
Alyss
DTECH
ShowyAsh
26 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
leblackdragon
Midget
leblackdragon

Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 5 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 11:31 am

WantonHERO wrote:
when's the demo? isn't supposed to be out a month before the game or something?
Dev said that they hardly have any time to make a demo since they're still working on the game. If they finish it with enough time left they'll consider releasing a demo.
Back to top Go down
WantonHERO
Murderous Crack Fiend
WantonHERO

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 11:55 am

lol, i'm not buying a game riddled with glitchs. Modern Warfail 2 rings a bell. No demo no purchase.
Back to top Go down
Daedra
Whilst
Whilst
Daedra

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 1:02 pm

WantonHERO wrote:
lol, i'm not buying a game riddled with glitchs. Modern Warfail 2 rings a bell. No demo no purchase.

Yet you own Black Ops and the map pack?

Or did Blops have a demo and I didn't realise?
Back to top Go down
WantonHERO
Murderous Crack Fiend
WantonHERO

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 1:42 pm

it was a risk i took but it wasn't a huge risk. BO was a CoD game with a history and a series. the chances of them effin it up were slim seeing on the previous cod's were all good except for maybe one.

homefront however is a different monster. it's venturing into different types of gameplay and 16 v 16 on console (last 16v16 fps failed). they are bringing a lot of new things to the table. so i would rather play the demo before purchasing it.

say what you want about cod but BO is one of the best fps games i've played. i enjoy the game and it's fun and i'm looking forward to MW3 because of BO. heck even Modern Warfail 2 was fun but had a lot of glitchs cause it was rushed and to be fair, they patched.

again, if there is no demo for homefront i'm not risking it. they need to win me over cause the way things are looking i might be playing bo until mw3; that is if the bf3 demo fails.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 9:06 pm

dude...

Homefront >>> CoD

easy
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 7:41 am

Jesus wanton.

What happened to you? I thought you were a straight man.
Back to top Go down
WantonHERO
Murderous Crack Fiend
WantonHERO

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 8:44 am

@Ronnie: You can't say that. You haven't played the game and your hate towards CoD makes your opinion biased.

@Gut: Didn't you love Modern Warfail 2 at some point? BO is also a good game. Flak Jacket > RCXD if that still bugs and you get the kill for dropping a second chance hom0, or you can lay them out with a shotty blast.

Also I'm a G and keep it real. I didn't like cod games prior and was a big BF gamer. BC2 flipped the script and they got me to try CoD BO after all everyone was saying it was cod-esk so why not try the real deal. BO >> BC2.

I'm not ragging on Homefront but I'm not going to risk $ on a game that might plunder especially when I'm still enjoying BO. If my friends like it, I'll give it rental try.
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 8:47 am

Yea, I loved Modern Warfail 2.

Blackops is retarded and impossible to play. I caught myself about to toss my controller after 5 minutes of BO before work yesterday. I said "naaaahhhhhhh...." and threw in BC2 and played that till it was time to leave 4 work.

That game is made of frustration and rage.
Back to top Go down
WantonHERO
Murderous Crack Fiend
WantonHERO

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 10:10 am

i never raged in bo as much as i have in bc2, lol. what makes it impossible to play? i'm not going to hate on you, that's your opinion and is completely fine.
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 10:15 am

Walking up to a stationary opponent and riddling him with bullets at reasonably close range and not getting a kill.

Watching killcam after killcam and see that they rake their gun in my general direction while hipfiring from long range and instantly get a kill on me.

Being a mile from an exploding RCXD with flak jacket on and dieing.

Having a guy walk up to me while my ADS is dead center of his chest with my AK47 reflex scope dumping my mag into his flesh, and dieing because my shots do not count but his knife does.

The fact that shotguns do not kill people, at all. Shotguns are my favorite tool in a FPS, I love them to death. In BC2, 1 out of 3 times I bust a guy with shotty, it doesnt work and I may need to finish them with a 2nd shot, pistol, or I just lose and die. But in blackops, the shotgun simply does not score a OHK, period. Like, 100% of the time, no exaggeration, the shotgun simply does not kill a person unless the person happens to be an extra in a blackrose vid.
Back to top Go down
WantonHERO
Murderous Crack Fiend
WantonHERO

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 10:25 am

Some of those seem like lag/bad host. The knife thing is annoying but I've been teleport knifed in bc1 and in bc2. As for shotties ask FFightron. He rapes with them with 2 bar connections lol. Use the Spas12 suppressed (won't affect range or damage) with lightweight/ghost, steady aim and marathon/ninja and you should be right as rain.

I'm not going to sit here and proof you wrong or debunk your claims. I believe you and it's a bish when it happens to you. All I can say is do what you like, wether it's playing bc2 or Modern Warfail 2.

Give it another shot. The one thing I can say about BO is it takes a loooooong time for it to realize it has a sh1tty host. Sometimes it will migrate host in the middle of a game and then your the most effin unstoppable force in the game. I've started 0/7, 1/10, 9/6 and finished with a 2+ k/d after a host migration plenty of times lol. I've also went the other way a few times also when it choose a host far from me:(
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 10:30 am

Dude I PLAY BO on a regular basis.

I play it every time I wanna shoot people and BC2 wont work properly with all the stuff thats been goin on with EA and the servers lately.

At least once every 3 days.

I know its a combination of of lag and me being a bad player, but will you PLEASE just give me a wantizzle point for saying that its like "scraping out the inside of your di.ck with a bag of nails"?

That was hilarious.
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 10:36 am

-The tiny maps (which aren't even well desgined, and haven't been since CoD4).
-The low low health
-The entire twitchy style of play
-sugar guns that all have the same irons
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AlyssSilence
WantonHERO
Murderous Crack Fiend
WantonHERO

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 10:57 am

@Gut: Lol it was.

@Alyss: The maps are awesome and I wish the mp5k had sightes like ak74 or kiparis or mac 11 or pm63 or even the ugly pml. I'm sure the Uzi's sightes are found in other guns.

In terms of sights Famas, aug, m60, and g11 have the same sights. The others are all different.

The low health isn't lower then Modern Warfail 2 and there is no stopping power so it's not that low.

Isn't cod a twitch shooter?
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 11:01 am

BTW Im SICK AND TIRED of low health. Every single shooter is low health now.

What gives?

I like UT style health, where you get into a massive fight with a dude and have to shoot it out while wall jumping everywhere and a winner is determined by skill, not by camping or creeping or who-saw-who-first. (EDIT: and also, who got to the shield belt first.... meh)

Or BC1, where every time you run up on a dude who isnt Qscoping, its a head to head battle or keeping your aim trained on them while shooting and trying to maneuver your way out of their aim.

Or RDR on WookieMode(NO aim assist) where you have 6 shots in your revolver, and to beat the guy you better land all 6 of them while hes trying to get away from it, because if you get caught reloading, you just effed up.
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 11:05 am

Alyss wrote:
-The tiny maps (which aren't even well desgined, and haven't been since CoD4).
-The low low health
-The entire twitchy style of play
-sugar guns that all have the same irons

clearly you haven't played BO much... The maps rock. The health is GREAT the way it is, beats being able to take 60 bullets from a machine gun like in BC1/2. It means you can't run down the middle of the road and survive in CoD. Twitchy playstyle suits me just fine, how can people complain about needing to have reflexes/fast reaction times to play an FPS? You want rules of engagement or something? Friend or foe shouts?
"HEY SQUEAKY ARE YOU A BAD GUY?"
"YES I AM ON THE OTHER TEAM"
"WOULD YOU MIND VERY MUCH IF I SHOT YOU?"
"YES I WOULD HAVE TO SHOOT BACK"
"OKAY LET'S DO THIS"

Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 11:07 am

The maps in Blackops are good, I will admit that.
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 11:10 am

Gut_Tech wrote:

I like UT style health, where you get into a massive fight with a dude and have to shoot it out while wall jumping everywhere and a winner is determined by skill, not by camping or creeping or who-saw-who-first. (EDIT: and also, who got to the shield belt first.... meh)

Or BC1, where every time you run up on a dude who isnt Qscoping, its a head to head battle or keeping your aim trained on them while shooting and trying to maneuver your way out of their aim.

You mean BC1, where you spawned with an assault rifle, found a bad guy and used your left thumbstick to make yourself completely invulnerable to their bullets?

Dude. BC1 was 99% crouchwalking. I would see a guy and crouchwalk and kill him. I went through every single gun at one point. A month with the default ARs, a month with the M16, XM8, AN94, F2000. Same results every goddamn time except the M16 was more limited at range. It was always the same. If they were qscoping you jumped around and that was the only exception... dealing with another glitch.

I had, no exaggeration, thousands of moments on BC1 where I was getting shot FIRST from someone behind me so I just turned around and started crouchwalking and became invulnerable and killed him. That's a different type of game first of all, but it's hardly strategic.

Edit: Gut: I just hate Firing Range. Yesterday we kept getting Firing range and that's the worst map in the game IMO, people just camp on it, run hacker and all you see is claymores and sensors, I'm starting to back out of lobbies when Firing range comes up.

Last edited by Fido on Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
WantonHERO
Murderous Crack Fiend
WantonHERO

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 11:11 am

yeah bc1 was fun but everyone complained about crouchwalking apparantly they want to stand still and trade bullets and see who dies first.
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 11:13 am

I was very late in learning to crouchwalk.

But whatever. Qscoping made BC1 pointless to play in the last couple months.

Unless you like to play a game about recon with some other pointless crap thrown in for variety.
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 11:18 am

Yeah BC1 hit its limits, suddenly nobody thought it was a big deal anymore if everyone abused the many glitches. Before that we had a good community, sort of, which generally avoided glitching.

But you can't say the gunfights in that game were really all that great. It was just crouchwalking.

Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 11:25 am

It was better than the "I saw you first-random spray somewhere in your general vicinity-i win" approach that the shooting games are moving towards now.

IMO of course.

My favorite multiplayer gunfighting of all time, in any game, was RDR on WookieMode. Even though I wasnt a phenom in it or anything, I did well enough, and unless it lagged (which was VERY rare in RDR), getting killed meant another player pretty much defeated me straight up. You could camp in a corner, or you could get on a rooftop with the carcano rifle, but you couldnt RUIN THE GAME with that crap and if I ran up on you, you better be a good dancer or Ill murk you. Lag never saved them, camping rarely saved them, only thing that got them over on me on a regular basis was being BETTER than me.

I dont know, I happen to like that aspect in my FPS.
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 11:28 am

RDR is a third person shooter and not an FPS. You can't camp in RDR because there's blips on the minimap (unless they fixed that, haven't played it online since early November) and because you can basically see over cover it means that's what people use, rather than finding a spot to surprise people like in FPS. If you put a private game in CoD on Radar Always On, there's no camping either.

I see CoD as a fairly realistic shooter in terms of urban warfare. Obviously it's anything but realistic, but it gets closest, because you do need to be careful and if someone takes a bullet it's gonna actually hurt them instead of just telling them where you are. Apart from not being able to die forever, the strategy seems to be more realistic than games like BF where my strategy is basically a mixture of CoD with some hopeful "let them shoot me so I can kill them" thrown in.
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 11:33 am

Yea I forgot about that detail, RDR is TPS not FPS.

Doesnt change anything. It was more satisfying to beat people in RDR than in any other game Ive played, because you had to actually fight with them, not simply see them first and spray randomly at them for a quick fix and a killstreak or whatever.
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 5 Icon_minitimeFri Feb 04, 2011 11:42 am

Agreed, RDR's a great game. Haven't played in a long time, but I'm still enjoying BO. I know for a fact when BO gets boring (if it's before the release of that new LA Noire game) I'll be on RDR and GTA 4 again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.   Reiteration:  Homefront looks awesome. - Page 5 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Reiteration: Homefront looks awesome.
Page 5 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next