Gametanamo Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for degenerates to shoot shit about their favorite hobby

HomeHomepageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Major Changes for Release

Go down 
+9
JediMindTrixxx
AmPLiFiKaTioN
ShowyAsh
RoninHo'in
xXJon2011Xx
DTECH
Fido
Alyss
GnarlyBromance
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
monkeystoot
Midget

Major Changes for Release - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Major Changes for Release   Major Changes for Release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 7:44 pm

@Fido Yea, the UMP was the go-to gun in Modern Warfail 2. I can confirm that haha

@Hawk It seems like it changed a lot. The only thing I got from the article was that damage was more like BC2 and takes more shots to kill.
Back to top Go down
JediMindTrixxx
Whore
JediMindTrixxx

PostSubject: Re: Major Changes for Release   Major Changes for Release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 7:47 pm

Oh yeah, I guess everyone just used the prepatch m60 because of those reasons too, huh? Let me guess, UMP was your most used weapon? PP2000 was garbage without extended mags. You can spin it any way you like 99% of the people who played the BETA will agree Smile Denial is a cruel mistress.
Back to top Go down
monkeystoot
Midget

PostSubject: Re: Major Changes for Release   Major Changes for Release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 9:36 pm

Not so much denial as an opinion. Some people just like certain guns more.
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: Major Changes for Release   Major Changes for Release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 11:18 pm

Fido wrote:
It was a good gun but it's just what everyone ended up using, it was popular because generally the UMP is powerful. BC1, BC2, MW1 (or was it 2?). Either way it's the go-to gun for most people who played these other games so by them popularizing it everyone thinks it's the best. It by far wasn't the most OP gun.
There was no concrete damage model for the weapons charted, so it's pointless to contemplate on whether it's OP or not verses other guns with similar properties.

Anyways, the UMP was utter fucking garbage in Counterstrike.
Back to top Go down
the_Fetophagist
Unrestrained Psychotic Stalker
the_Fetophagist

PostSubject: Re: Major Changes for Release   Major Changes for Release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 11:31 pm

I could really care less either way. BC2 damage model was nice imo, but I got used to it already on the beta so I wouldn't have really cared about it either way.

And yes, the UMP is too good for what it is.
Back to top Go down
xXJon2011Xx
xXJon2011Xx

PostSubject: Re: Major Changes for Release   Major Changes for Release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 11:39 pm

the_Fetophagist wrote:
I could really care less either way. BC2 damage model was nice imo, but I got used to it already on the beta so I wouldn't have really cared about it either way.

And yes, the UMP is too good for what it is.
The beta damage is the same as the retail damage.
The damage bug counted chest shots as headshots when it wasn't supposed to.
Back to top Go down
DTECH
Master of Facts, Factual Evidence, and Facts
DTECH

PostSubject: Re: Major Changes for Release   Major Changes for Release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 11:44 pm

JediMindTrixxx wrote:
Oh yeah, I guess everyone just used the prepatch m60 because of those reasons too, huh? Let me guess, UMP was your most used weapon? PP2000 was garbage without extended mags. You can spin it any way you like 99% of the people who played the BETA will agree Smile Denial is a cruel mistress.

I do think the UMP was powerful, as I said though the A21 was better IMO, I dropped a lot more people with it then I did with the UMP, I thought it was cuz I got used to the map and all the hiding spots, so I switched back, same shit though I ended up doing better with the A21

I will be whoring the UMP no doubt its the best gun that you can quickly unlock, but after I get the A21 Ill switch to that
Back to top Go down
xXJon2011Xx
xXJon2011Xx

PostSubject: Re: Major Changes for Release   Major Changes for Release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 1:13 am

DTECH wrote:

I do think the UMP was powerful, as I said though the A21 was better IMO, I dropped a lot more people with it then I did with the UMP, I thought it was cuz I got used to the map and all the hiding spots, so I switched back, same shit though I ended up doing better with the A21

I will be whoring the UMP no doubt its the best gun that you can quickly unlock, but after I get the A21 Ill switch to that

UMP will have less range than the carbines, carbines will have less range than assault rifles.
No reason to take the UMP, unless the combat is strictly close quarters.
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: Major Changes for Release   Major Changes for Release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 1:22 am

Lack of kick and climb from the UMP will make it a favorable weapon for long-range encounters. Dice will be required to give a deviation to the bullet spread in order to prevent whoring out the UMP.

If they're using similar coding from BC2 for BF3 in terms of bullet spread, 1.5 to 2 ADS will be perfect.
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

PostSubject: Re: Major Changes for Release   Major Changes for Release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 9:27 am

Urgh, really wasn't a fan of spread at all. Crosshair widening fine, but not when your ADS.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AlyssSilence
DTECH
Master of Facts, Factual Evidence, and Facts
DTECH

PostSubject: Re: Major Changes for Release   Major Changes for Release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 12:20 pm

xXJon2011Xx wrote:

UMP will have less range than the carbines, carbines will have less range than assault rifles.
No reason to take the UMP, unless the combat is strictly close quarters.

Thats what Im saying though in all cases even CQC the A21 was better for me, I stopped using the UMP completely after figuring out how good the A21 was
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Major Changes for Release   Major Changes for Release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 1:10 pm

outside nothin had nothin on the default snipers...

those things with front pistol grip and acog were stupidly powerful

well, if you glitched the SV98 (skip bolt pull glitch + OHK on running targets glitch) it was even stupider... but that was using it with 2 glitches. the Semis were OP w/o any glitches
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: Major Changes for Release   Major Changes for Release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 1:50 pm

Again, they'll have to follow a damage pattern similar to BC2 with sniper rifles and semi-autos.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Major Changes for Release   Major Changes for Release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 1:54 pm

bolt-actions were fine IMO in BC2... just maybe drop the OHK range entirely and max out at 90 dmg or something. Perfect

The semi's were also pretty fair IMO... though VSS was kinda short-mid range cheese lol
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: Major Changes for Release   Major Changes for Release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 1:58 pm

IMO the semi-autos were perfect in BC2 combined with the headshot multiplier. Took three CQC shots to kill someone (4 @ long range,) and one shot in the head in CQC to two shots long-range.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Major Changes for Release   Major Changes for Release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 12, 2011 4:05 pm

yah... semi's in BF3 beta were a bit ridiculous
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: Major Changes for Release   Major Changes for Release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 6:38 pm

JediMindTrixxx wrote:

I did great with any gun I used. I saw everyone use the UMP so I thought it'd be great. Used it most. Switched over to the PP2000 and then the AEK as soon as I noticed they were far better. I think perhaps you just got raped by UMP-wielding players and decided to bitch about it.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Major Changes for Release   Major Changes for Release - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 7:19 pm

Yah, it wasn't that the UMP was OP... it was just a) the right class of weapon and b) extremely popular

When you first get the PP2000... it's really early in the game, and the short clip punishes bad shooting. When you get the UMP most players had gotten the hang of the game flow by then, and being a map practically designed for PDW's... quickly became peoples fav

The PDW-R was also just as powerful, but not as many people unlocked it.

The UMP just kinda fit a sweet spot for the beta and understandably became ridiculously popular for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Major Changes for Release   Major Changes for Release - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Major Changes for Release
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2