Gametanamo Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for degenerates to shoot shit about their favorite hobby

HomeHomepageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Major Changes for Release

Go down 
+9
JediMindTrixxx
AmPLiFiKaTioN
ShowyAsh
RoninHo'in
xXJon2011Xx
DTECH
Fido
Alyss
GnarlyBromance
13 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
GnarlyBromance
Admin
GnarlyBromance

Major Changes for Release Empty
PostSubject: Major Changes for Release   Major Changes for Release Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 9:53 am

Usually I don't really like Joystiq's journalism, but this article is rather good.

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/10/10/the-beta-and-battlefield-3/

The major thing is that they are lowering bullet damage to close to BC2 levels. I somewhat agree with this, since there is WookieMode and normal modes.

I might end up playing WookieMode now since I loved the damage levels in the beta since they fixed the OHK sniper issue. I do agree about vehicles though.

Guess we will see at launch.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gametanamo.com
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

PostSubject: Re: Major Changes for Release   Major Changes for Release Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 10:30 am

GnarlyBromance wrote:
I might end up playing WookieMode now since I loved the damage levels in the beta since they fixed the OHK sniper issue.
Fixed them how? The beta was all death from snipers and the UMP, all the time.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AlyssSilence
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: Major Changes for Release   Major Changes for Release Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 11:49 am

That's because everybody wants to be a sniper and the ump was that quickly-unlocked all-kit gun that people got used to.
Back to top Go down
DTECH
Master of Facts, Factual Evidence, and Facts
DTECH

PostSubject: Re: Major Changes for Release   Major Changes for Release Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 12:01 pm

I was also one of the few that liked the damage model, no doubt its fucking terrible when there is lag present or asshat hit detection but I prefered it over BC2s model, I might also play HC this time around again, the spotting is basically non existant on the aplha which I thought was well done, only problem would be the cuntfaces hiding in bushes on HC, you will have a very hard time finding them on the first part of Metro for example, so I guess Ill just wait and see what the HC is like when it comes out, plus the length of time that the killcam runs is super fucking annoying

As far as the UMP goes, I think it is slightly OP mostly because its an all kit weapon, personally I found the A21 to be an amazing gun, better then the UMP, awesome at range without select firing it, low recoil a nice size clip and stopping power, was my fav gun of the game and I intend to whore the shit out of it on BF3
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: Major Changes for Release   Major Changes for Release Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 12:20 pm

PP2000 was better than the UMP in my opinion and so was the AEK. The MK11 was fucking crazy too with a low scope or none at all. Just people got a feel for the UMP and didn't wanna put down what let them go on 25 killstreaks.
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

PostSubject: Re: Major Changes for Release   Major Changes for Release Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 12:31 pm

Lower damage is better. Under a low damage model decent players can still win firefights against bad players, even if they're jumped.
Back to top Go down
xXJon2011Xx
Unrestrained Psychotic Stalker
xXJon2011Xx

PostSubject: Re: Major Changes for Release   Major Changes for Release Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 12:44 pm

BF3 damage uses BC2 XM8 w/magnum ammo as a basis.
All 5.56 weapons have a similar damage as ^this setup.
7.62 weapons are considerably stronger, especially in close quarters.
The main tweaks since the beta including the fix of the damage bug(counted body shots as headshots) and some weapon tweaks(UMP specifically).
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: Major Changes for Release   Major Changes for Release Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 1:36 pm

Alyss wrote:
Lower damage is better. Under a low damage model decent players can still win firefights against bad players, even if they're jumped.

That's true but it doesn't make for a fun game. In BC1 and even in BC2 you could just walk down the road and, provided the hit detection didn't insta-gib you, you could turn around and drop them. But it leads to lots of bullshit like people needing more than one clip to take someone down if the hit detection is weird. Like in BC1 crouchwalking you could empty two or three clips sometimes at each other, give yourself your needle fix, and get sniped by someone else who picked a better kit.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Major Changes for Release   Major Changes for Release Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 1:40 pm

UMP, or any PDW, also got a LOT more award points from getting ribbons for every 4 kills instead of 7...

performance wise, the PDW's were comparable to the Carbines in CQB honestly... yah, they were all kit... so you can play any kit when it comes down to CQB maps/sections.

Once you enter the subway, EVERYONE busts out carbines, PDWs, and shotguns... and anyone who doesn't gets merked....

common sense.

It wasn't that the UMP was OP... it was that the map happened to favor PDW's for the majority of the fighting.
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

PostSubject: Re: Major Changes for Release   Major Changes for Release Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 4:38 pm

Fido wrote:

That's true but it doesn't make for a fun game. In BC1 and even in BC2 you could just walk down the road and, provided the hit detection didn't insta-gib you, you could turn around and drop them. But it leads to lots of bullshit like people needing more than one clip to take someone down if the hit detection is weird. Like in BC1 crouchwalking you could empty two or three clips sometimes at each other, give yourself your needle fix, and get sniped by someone else who picked a better kit.
I personally liked the damage model in BC2. If you were dicking around in the open you died, and if you took cover and burst-fired you didn't. The BF3 beta was a real meat-grinder most of the time.

Any, beta was also an earlier build to what they've currently got, so it should suck a lot less.
Back to top Go down
ShowyAsh
Midget
ShowyAsh

PostSubject: Re: Major Changes for Release   Major Changes for Release Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 4:41 pm

DICE already tweeted that the article was wrong; can't link to tweet cause I don't follow that bullshit. However, there's info on reddit.
Back to top Go down
AmPLiFiKaTioN
Astro Jesus
AmPLiFiKaTioN

PostSubject: Re: Major Changes for Release   Major Changes for Release Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 5:11 pm

ShowyAsh wrote:
DICE already tweeted that the article was wrong; can't link to tweet cause I don't follow that bullshit. However, there's info on reddit.
Where? Just checked the @Battlefield Twitter and didn't see anything.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Major Changes for Release   Major Changes for Release Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 5:13 pm

someone made something up on reddit? no wei!
Back to top Go down
ShowyAsh
Midget
ShowyAsh

PostSubject: Re: Major Changes for Release   Major Changes for Release Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 5:27 pm

http://www.reddit.com/r/battlefield3/comments/l8fja/damage_hasnt_been_tweaked/
Back to top Go down
JediMindTrixxx
Whore
JediMindTrixxx

PostSubject: Re: Major Changes for Release   Major Changes for Release Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 5:28 pm

Lol @ all of you saying UMP wasn't overpowered.... you're in more denial then the GB kids who got 13k kills with it.
Back to top Go down
AmPLiFiKaTioN
Astro Jesus
AmPLiFiKaTioN

PostSubject: Re: Major Changes for Release   Major Changes for Release Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 5:34 pm

Damn... was reading Demize's Twitter and noticed that they fixed the cancellation glitch (fire a bolt action rifle, double tap triangle, shoot again). I abused the fuck out of that. Sad
Back to top Go down
JediMindTrixxx
Whore
JediMindTrixxx

PostSubject: Re: Major Changes for Release   Major Changes for Release Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 5:37 pm

^^, just use the USAS slugs....... same effect, two shot body kills one shot headshot with full auto and great hipfire.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6-PlWYTX3w

You can hear me talking in the background too xD
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

PostSubject: Re: Major Changes for Release   Major Changes for Release Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 5:41 pm

I've missed that voice...
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Major Changes for Release   Major Changes for Release Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 5:46 pm

JediMindTrixxx wrote:
Lol @ all of you saying UMP wasn't overpowered.... you're in more denial then the GB kids who got 13k kills with it.

It really wasn't... I did just as good with the M416 Holo'd with a silencer and front pistol grip.

However, as I mentioned, the PDW ribbons are awarded every 4 kills... instead of 7 like the kit primaries. (shotguns are @ 5)

That's nearly 2x as many award points for the same # of kills... so ppl using UMP got higher scores... top leaderboard more often(/get MVP) and automatically associate that with the UMP being the best.

Back to top Go down
JediMindTrixxx
Whore
JediMindTrixxx

PostSubject: Re: Major Changes for Release   Major Changes for Release Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 5:51 pm

RoninHo'in wrote:

It really wasn't... I did just as good with the M416 Holo'd with a silencer and front pistol grip.

However, as I mentioned, the PDW ribbons are awarded every 4 kills... instead of 7 like the kit primaries. (shotguns are @ 5)

That's nearly 2x as many award points for the same # of kills... so ppl using UMP got higher scores... top leaderboard more often(/get MVP) and automatically associate that with the UMP being the best.

Nice, thanks for reciting mekels thread for me...not like im the one who told mekel about that or anything. And you compare one OP weapon to another, defo not like the m416 and UMP were hands down the two most overpowered guns in the BETA outside of semiauto snipers................. You can sit in denial all you want, but there is a reason why 90% of people used the ump/m416. The only 2 guns that come even close to touching the ump/m416 are the m4a1/ak74u combo and the f2000. I got all the unlocks for every single PDW/Assault rifle and most of the Carbines, nothing comes close to the UMP. Average about 2.5-3 kpm with every gun and >4 KPM with m416 and ump, pretty sure there is a reason behind that.

And , <3 alice
Back to top Go down
ShowyAsh
Midget
ShowyAsh

PostSubject: Re: Major Changes for Release   Major Changes for Release Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 5:53 pm

naw, it was pretty ridiculous. It's a pdw, yet it has the same range as an assault rifle? Come on buddyyy. It also had no recoil and the suppressor didn't seem to affect damage. This is coming from a guy that used the hell out of it.
Back to top Go down
Hawk
Hawk
Hawk

PostSubject: Re: Major Changes for Release   Major Changes for Release Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 6:06 pm

bf3 damage model was perfect...
Back to top Go down
xXJon2011Xx
Unrestrained Psychotic Stalker
xXJon2011Xx

PostSubject: Re: Major Changes for Release   Major Changes for Release Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 6:12 pm

Hawk wrote:
bf3 damage model was perfect...
It hasn't changed. They just fixed the damage bug.
Back to top Go down
Hawk
Hawk
Hawk

PostSubject: Re: Major Changes for Release   Major Changes for Release Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 6:30 pm

k...good.
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: Major Changes for Release   Major Changes for Release Icon_minitimeTue Oct 11, 2011 7:33 pm

JediMindTrixxx wrote:

If it was overpowered the PP2000 was REALLY bad then?

It was a good gun but it's just what everyone ended up using, it was popular because generally the UMP is powerful. BC1, BC2, MW1 (or was it 2?). Either way it's the go-to gun for most people who played these other games so by them popularizing it everyone thinks it's the best. It by far wasn't the most OP gun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Major Changes for Release   Major Changes for Release Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Major Changes for Release
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next