Gametanamo Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for degenerates to shoot shit about their favorite hobby

HomeHomepageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

P/E Battlefield MOD for Arma 2 *official Thread*

Go down 
+6
bat
RoninHo'in
AmPLiFiKaTioN
Daedra
spacefox
xALIENAx
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
xALIENAx
Completely Sane and Normal Individual
xALIENAx

P/E Battlefield MOD for Arma 2 *official Thread* Empty
PostSubject: P/E Battlefield MOD for Arma 2 *official Thread*   P/E Battlefield MOD for Arma 2 *official Thread* Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 1:21 pm

Projekt Epsilon has Began Alpha Stage testing of it's Battlefield Mod. We've been working on this project for almost 6 months now. What we have done here is to take Battlefield Famous Conquest Mode (and Wonderful past maps) and Increase the Capabilities 10 fold, Increase squad size to 10, AND teams of 50 Players.

Currrent *WORKING* Map List:

1. Strike at Karkand
2. FuShe Pass
3. Wake Island 2007 (BF2 Ver)
4. Harvest Day (BC1- enlarged)
5. SNarge Del Toro (From BC2 SP)

Additional Maps Not fully functional yet:

6. Nelson Bay (improved and enlarged)
7. Wake Island 1943 (BF1943 Version - WW2 Gear)
8. Bridge Too Far (BFMC In Development)
9. BackStab (BFMC In Dev.)
10. El Alamien (BF1942, in final Development)
11. Crossing Over (from BC1 SP, In Dev.)

Original Maps Under Construction:

12. Uphill (Large Maps with Moutain top fortress)
13. Operation Blackout (Jungle Terrain with advanced gear)

-------------------------------------------------------------------
Current Public Release: N/A
Current Version: 0.1A
Previous Version: Development
Next Release & Date: 1.0A 6/25/11

*Last Updated 6/3/11*
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

PostSubject: Re: P/E Battlefield MOD for Arma 2 *official Thread*   P/E Battlefield MOD for Arma 2 *official Thread* Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 6:14 pm

That's pretty sick.

Link?
Back to top Go down
Daedra
Whilst
Whilst
Daedra

PostSubject: Re: P/E Battlefield MOD for Arma 2 *official Thread*   P/E Battlefield MOD for Arma 2 *official Thread* Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 6:44 pm

0_o
Back to top Go down
xALIENAx
xALIENAx

PostSubject: Re: P/E Battlefield MOD for Arma 2 *official Thread*   P/E Battlefield MOD for Arma 2 *official Thread* Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 9:01 pm

SpaceFox wrote:
That's pretty sick.

Link?
Link to what? that's the first official announcement about it from anyone involved in the project.
Back to top Go down
xALIENAx
xALIENAx

PostSubject: Re: P/E Battlefield MOD for Arma 2 *official Thread*   P/E Battlefield MOD for Arma 2 *official Thread* Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 9:09 pm

Vehicles Thus Far-

AH64D Apache
AH1Z Cobra
A-10
F-35B
AV8-B Harrier

UH60M Blackhawk
UH1Y "Huey"
Mi8
Mi8 TV3
HIND (in 3 different Varients)

Humvee
HUMV with TOW
HUMV with MK19
HUMV Avenger Anti Air
Vodnik
Vodnik with 2x PKT MG
Vodnik with 30MM chain gun
Styker ICV
Stryker MGS
MTVR Truck (army 5 ton)
KMAZ (RU equivalent)
ATV and Motorcycles

Bradley IFV
Bradley with TOW launcher
BMP2
BMP3
BMPs with ATGMs
TUNGUSKA Anti Air

M1A2 Abrahms
M60 Patton Tank
T95
T90
T55

MLRS
SCUD
GRAD (BM21)
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

PostSubject: Re: P/E Battlefield MOD for Arma 2 *official Thread*   P/E Battlefield MOD for Arma 2 *official Thread* Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 9:11 pm

Link to the announcement you duck.
Back to top Go down
xALIENAx
xALIENAx

PostSubject: Re: P/E Battlefield MOD for Arma 2 *official Thread*   P/E Battlefield MOD for Arma 2 *official Thread* Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 9:14 pm

SpaceFox wrote:
Link to the announcement you duck.
This IS the anouncement.
Coppy pasta of my other posts on other sites. The only just today let me confirm the project.
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

PostSubject: Re: P/E Battlefield MOD for Arma 2 *official Thread*   P/E Battlefield MOD for Arma 2 *official Thread* Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 9:24 pm

So youre part of this thing?

WTF
Back to top Go down
xALIENAx
xALIENAx

PostSubject: Re: P/E Battlefield MOD for Arma 2 *official Thread*   P/E Battlefield MOD for Arma 2 *official Thread* Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 9:25 pm

Yes i do a lot of the scripting for it
Back to top Go down
Daedra
Whilst
Whilst
Daedra

PostSubject: Re: P/E Battlefield MOD for Arma 2 *official Thread*   P/E Battlefield MOD for Arma 2 *official Thread* Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 9:27 pm

I'm impressed...
Very...

The last experience I had of modding anything was back in UT2K4 where I made an upside down helicopter thing...

Good luck with it, I look forward to testing the first public release.
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

PostSubject: Re: P/E Battlefield MOD for Arma 2 *official Thread*   P/E Battlefield MOD for Arma 2 *official Thread* Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 9:52 pm

But...

Women belong in the kitchen.
Back to top Go down
AmPLiFiKaTioN
Astro Jesus
AmPLiFiKaTioN

PostSubject: Re: P/E Battlefield MOD for Arma 2 *official Thread*   P/E Battlefield MOD for Arma 2 *official Thread* Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 10:19 pm

Computers can easily be put in the kitchen.
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

PostSubject: Re: P/E Battlefield MOD for Arma 2 *official Thread*   P/E Battlefield MOD for Arma 2 *official Thread* Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 10:46 pm

While that's true women go to the kitchen to cook not to do something productive/interesting.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: P/E Battlefield MOD for Arma 2 *official Thread*   P/E Battlefield MOD for Arma 2 *official Thread* Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 12:33 am

oh, this'll be good P/E Battlefield MOD for Arma 2 *official Thread* 162794
Back to top Go down
xALIENAx
xALIENAx

PostSubject: Re: P/E Battlefield MOD for Arma 2 *official Thread*   P/E Battlefield MOD for Arma 2 *official Thread* Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 1:08 am

We used alot of the stock vehicles and stuff, But also added some new Models and Gear from the world of BF- as well as all the WW2 stuff for the old maps.

The most diffacult part Is JIP (join In progress) this requires alot of fancy scripting on my part. The game "world" is not by default synchronized for players coming in in progress. This means setting up loops and arrays that check hundreds of variables (espicially with CQ game mode).

Every time a vehicle respawns, a script must re name it to the one it replaced. Every time a flag is captures a script must remove the other factions vehicles and spawn you side's vehicles. Every time a area is captured a script replaces the flags with your sides flags and changes markers on the map, Whilst retaining the names of the original (they can NEVER change as they are called uppon by other scripts). Then theres things even more complex like downed UAV's which must be re-spawned and then TIED to the UAV station, and the Variables for said UAV applied to the new one.

Theres also the FDC (Fire Direction Center) which i spent a LOT of time coding to make it fair and balanced. From the FDC you can Access your AI controlled support Resources (missile Launchers, Artillery, Etc) and select types of munitions and set up the fire mission. Some guided missiles are so accurate you can put it on a friggen volkswagen if your grid ref is accurate enough. The FDC is essentially the Commander from BF2 plus some Smile

A typical FDC for a land based US uncap would include:
>Multiple MLRS Vehicles (static) with various munitions options
>3-6 M119 Howitzers, Crewed By AI but the FDC operator must pass the details to them for a fire mission
>The Ability to Control some AI Base Defenses

There are also a bunch of Server options for the base and FDC wich can add or remove a load of features.
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

PostSubject: Re: P/E Battlefield MOD for Arma 2 *official Thread*   P/E Battlefield MOD for Arma 2 *official Thread* Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 1:09 am

xALIENAx wrote:
We used alot of the stock vehicles and stuff, But also added some new Models and Gear from the world of BF- as well as all the WW2 stuff for the old maps.

The most diffacult part Is JIP (join In progress) this requires alot of fancy scripting on my part. The game "world" is not by default synchronized for players coming in in progress. This means setting up loops and arrays that check hundreds of variables (espicially with CQ game mode).

Every time a vehicle respawns, a script must re name it to the one it replaced. Every time a flag is captures a script must remove the other factions vehicles and spawn you side's vehicles. Every time a area is captured a script replaces the flags with your sides flags and changes markers on the map, Whilst retaining the names of the original (they can NEVER change as they are called uppon by other scripts). Then theres things even more complex like downed UAV's which must be re-spawned and then TIED to the UAV station, and the Variables for said UAV applied to the new one.

Theres also the FDC (Fire Direction Center) which i spent a LOT of time coding to make it fair and balanced. From the FDC you can Access your AI controlled support Resources (missile Launchers, Artillery, Etc) and select types of munitions and set up the fire mission. Some guided missiles are so accurate you can put it on a friggen volkswagen if your grid ref is accurate enough. The FDC is essentially the Commander from BF2 plus some Smile

A typical FDC for a land based US uncap would include:
>Multiple MLRS Vehicles (static) with various munitions options
>3-6 M119 Howitzers, Crewed By AI but the FDC operator must pass the details to them for a fire mission
>The Ability to Control some AI Base Defenses

There are also a bunch of Server options for the base and FDC wich can add or remove a load of features.
I skimmed this for rage.

Didn't find any.

Disappointing.
Back to top Go down
xALIENAx
xALIENAx

PostSubject: Re: P/E Battlefield MOD for Arma 2 *official Thread*   P/E Battlefield MOD for Arma 2 *official Thread* Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 1:10 am

SpaceFox wrote:

I skimmed this for rage.

Didn't find any.

Disappointing.
Ive been trolled to many times on EAUK, im so over it.
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

PostSubject: Re: P/E Battlefield MOD for Arma 2 *official Thread*   P/E Battlefield MOD for Arma 2 *official Thread* Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 1:10 am

But really Aliena I'm jking. That's pretty damn impressive and you're well on your way to getting a good job in the gaming industry if you get a degree in programming or something. Should be easy.
Back to top Go down
xALIENAx
xALIENAx

PostSubject: Re: P/E Battlefield MOD for Arma 2 *official Thread*   P/E Battlefield MOD for Arma 2 *official Thread* Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 1:12 am

Daedra wrote:
I'm impressed...
Very...

The last experience I had of modding anything was back in UT2K4 where I made an upside down helicopter thing...

Good luck with it, I look forward to testing the first public release.
If your rig can run BFBC2 and you have the current version of Arma 2 combined (A2+OA) ops your good to go Smile
Back to top Go down
xALIENAx
xALIENAx

PostSubject: Re: P/E Battlefield MOD for Arma 2 *official Thread*   P/E Battlefield MOD for Arma 2 *official Thread* Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 1:14 am

SpaceFox wrote:
But really Aliena I'm jking. That's pretty damn impressive and you're well on your way to getting a good job in the gaming industry if you get a degree in programming or something. Should be easy.
I know I've done so much SQF i dream about it.. IDk how many times ive had to type
Code:
{_this Select 0 ["something"[something else,something else]];

Last edited by xALIENAx on Sat Jun 04, 2011 1:14 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

PostSubject: Re: P/E Battlefield MOD for Arma 2 *official Thread*   P/E Battlefield MOD for Arma 2 *official Thread* Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 1:14 am

Oh and its pretty interesting how youre getting to notice all these little complexities DICE has to deal with when it comes to coding that we really dont give a shit/pay attention to. Like the UAV thing and how flags affect vehicle spawns.

But I'm sure that's cake for them since they're all very experienced.

xALIENAx wrote:
SpaceFox wrote:
I know I've done so much SQF i dream about it.. IDk how many times ive had to type "{_this Select 0 ["something"[something else,something else]]; "
I wont even pretend to understand what you just wrote or what SQF is.
Back to top Go down
xALIENAx
xALIENAx

PostSubject: Re: P/E Battlefield MOD for Arma 2 *official Thread*   P/E Battlefield MOD for Arma 2 *official Thread* Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 1:21 am

FYI thats a global Array

{_This Select 0
(select global object or variable in first slot available Arma counts from 0)

["something"
(Argument for the object)

[Something else, Something else]];
(The parameters for the argument, Closing bracket, and the ; which ends the string.)
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

PostSubject: Re: P/E Battlefield MOD for Arma 2 *official Thread*   P/E Battlefield MOD for Arma 2 *official Thread* Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 1:24 am

tldr
Back to top Go down
xALIENAx
xALIENAx

PostSubject: Re: P/E Battlefield MOD for Arma 2 *official Thread*   P/E Battlefield MOD for Arma 2 *official Thread* Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 1:25 am

Example of a way to use this;

Say we have an arty gun called "arty" and we want a server side script to tell it to load 12 HE rounds from its available pool:
Code:

{_this Select 0 [Arty [SelectMagazine "M119_HEDP",12]];
Back to top Go down
xALIENAx
xALIENAx

PostSubject: Re: P/E Battlefield MOD for Arma 2 *official Thread*   P/E Battlefield MOD for Arma 2 *official Thread* Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 1:28 am

Alternatively, We could just use

Code:
_arty SelectWeapon "M119_HEDP"

However that will not execute the loadout change for the client unless the Contents of "arty" were defined in a Synchronized Game logic, If we want the PLAYER to be able to see what is in the arty and change it, we need to have the player use an option which executes the code i posted before.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: P/E Battlefield MOD for Arma 2 *official Thread*   P/E Battlefield MOD for Arma 2 *official Thread* Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

P/E Battlefield MOD for Arma 2 *official Thread*
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next