Gametanamo Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for degenerates to shoot shit about their favorite hobby

HomeHomepageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Mass Effect

Go down 
+3
Alyss
RoninHo'in
CptnShotgun
7 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

Mass Effect - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect   Mass Effect - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 7:19 pm

DAII laid a real haymaker in your ability to trust Bioware, huh?
Back to top Go down
CptnShotgun
Eezo junkie
CptnShotgun

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect   Mass Effect - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 3:09 am

Luckily, Mass Effect and Dragon Age have separate teams.
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect   Mass Effect - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 9:30 am

SB has some nice stuff with Liara. If you're like me and you actually give a shit about the character interaction and continuing relationships between 1 and 2, then it's very much worth it's price tag. It's the longest bit of DLC as well, with stuff moving from Illium to other bits of Illium to yet more bits of Illium, and eventually actually on to the Shadow Broker's ship. Mechanics-wise, completing the DLC is pretty handy for upgrades, extra credits, and resources as well.

Arrival is a smart bit of DLC to drop as ME3 approaches, which is sure is why they did it, but it doesn't rip you off for advertising purposes. You basically find out the Reapers are coming in about 5 minutes, and have to do quite a lot very quickly to stop that happening. You get a break-out from a Batarian jail, a break-out from a different jail, and then a race against time to sort shit out. The conversation you have at the end of the DLC with Hackett also raises the possibility of the DLC having a nice little impact on ME3, when you might have to stand trial for what you just did. Length-wise, about the same as Kasumi.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AlyssSilence
Xycolian
Property of Gametanamo
Xycolian

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect   Mass Effect - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Apr 06, 2011 6:51 pm

CptnShotgun wrote:
Luckily, Mass Effect and Dragon Age have separate teams.

Too bad both of those teams are essentially owned by EA, who's making them push shit quality games out on an annual basis... People should be following Bethesda's and dare I say it Blizzards strategy when it comes to development time and release dates. TES games are usually made in intervals of 4+ years and Blizzard doesn't release buggy, unpolished turds.

I don't really hold any enmity towards Bioware, and I sincerely hope they do make a good game. I'm just preparing myself for the shitfest it's probably going to be.
Back to top Go down
CptnShotgun
Eezo junkie
CptnShotgun

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect   Mass Effect - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 10:26 am

Xycolian wrote:

Too bad both of those teams are essentially owned by EA, who's making them push shit quality games out on an annual basis... People should be following Bethesda's and dare I say it Blizzards strategy when it comes to development time and release dates. TES games are usually made in intervals of 4+ years and Blizzard doesn't release buggy, unpolished turds.

I don't really hold any enmity towards Bioware, and I sincerely hope they do make a good game. I'm just preparing myself for the shitfest it's probably going to be.

World of Warcraft was one of the buggiest MMOs ever when it first came out.

And I wouldn't always blame EA, this seemed more of design fault than a rushed job, I'm not saying EA doesn't rush games, they did with KOTOR 2, but this time I honestly think the fault was with Bioware.

You can't place all the blame on EA all of the time.
Back to top Go down
Xycolian
Property of Gametanamo
Xycolian

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect   Mass Effect - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Apr 07, 2011 5:01 pm

CptnShotgun wrote:

World of Warcraft was one of the buggiest MMOs ever when it first came out.

And I wouldn't always blame EA, this seemed more of design fault than a rushed job, I'm not saying EA doesn't rush games, they did with KOTOR 2, but this time I honestly think the fault was with Bioware.

You can't place all the blame on EA all of the time.

I wasn't thinking of WoW when I made that statement, but I can't fault you for using it against me. I was speaking of their non-MMO titles and their (sometimes annoying, but in the end nice) habit of not setting a release date in stone until they're completely sure most of the major kinks have been worked out.

Anyways whoever the problems may rest with when it comes to EA/Bioware, I hope they learned something from DAII and the expectations players have for titles that they develop. I've been sucked in by pre-release hype and a company's reputation for creating quality games (only to end up being let down) too many times to let it happen to me again. Some of the blame rests with me (I do have high expectations) and that is part of why my outlook is so dim now. If I have expectations of the game being a shitfest, and it ends up kind of being ok, I'll enjoy it a lot more than I would have If I had very high expectations. DAII was the last straw for me when it comes to impulse buying games I expect to be great.

Moral of the story is: previous results are not a guarantee of future performance.
Back to top Go down
Daedra
Whilst
Whilst
Daedra

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect   Mass Effect - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 12:38 pm

http://www.joystiq.com/2011/04/07/mass-effect-anime-jumps-home-in-2012/
Back to top Go down
CptnShotgun
Eezo junkie
CptnShotgun

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect   Mass Effect - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 1:34 pm

Daedra wrote:
http://www.joystiq.com/2011/04/07/mass-effect-anime-jumps-home-in-2012/

It better not have Shepard in it.

Seeing Shepard, or Wrex for that matter, in anime form will ruin Mass Effect for me.
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect   Mass Effect - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Apr 09, 2011 10:10 pm

They better not speak in English in it either.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AlyssSilence
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect   Mass Effect - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 12:57 pm

I just bought ME2 for $1.30 Laughing
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect   Mass Effect - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 12:17 pm

already came in the mail w00t

played it last night, fuckin love this game Smile
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect   Mass Effect - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 11:22 pm

So I haven't been playin a whole lot of this MP... I actually would like to but it's really only fun with friends and most my friends aren't playing it anymore... though my bro up in sac will be picking it up soon so I'll be making a return...

anyways... I just looked over patch notes on their MP game. Besides the 2 Free DLC to the MP, they've done weekly updates totaling 14 balance tweaks now.

Why is ME3's post launch (MP) support better than real MP games? lol

Something else interesting is their weekend missions. Didn't think to much of it other than a fun side objective with a bonus reward... until I logged on the other weekend and it turned out the community actually failed the previous mission... resulting in Banshees spawning with any enemy faction (and more banshees when fighting reapers).

Still a pretty repetitive MP... but damn I haven't seen support like that on a 360 game......... ever?

Now if only they'll finish up that ending for us Laughing
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect   Mass Effect - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jun 05, 2012 11:35 pm

Because they can't extend singleplayer life outside of expansions.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect   Mass Effect - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 12:14 am

Skreshavik wrote:
Because they can't extend singleplayer life outside of expansions.

not my point...

I was referring to the multiple MP balance tweaks they keep releasing...

Usually small shit... tweak this and that... every week a few things get minor tweaks.

You know, like how they said BF3 was supposed to use server side weapon stats so they could do the same thing but... didn't.
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect   Mass Effect - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 06, 2012 12:22 am

What's a point?
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect   Mass Effect - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 12:03 pm

The extensions/remake of the ending is coming out June 26'th

http://www.ign.com/wikis/mass-effect-3/Extended_Cut?objectid=14235016
Back to top Go down
CptnShotgun
Eezo junkie
CptnShotgun

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect   Mass Effect - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 12:11 pm

It's only expanding on the current choices and fleshing them out, it's still green, blue or red, only with an extra paragraph explaining it.
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect   Mass Effect - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 23, 2012 12:14 pm

Seems a bit shallow for 1.9 gigs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Mass Effect   Mass Effect - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Mass Effect
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2