Gametanamo Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for degenerates to shoot shit about their favorite hobby

HomeHomepageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What do you think about this server setup?

Go down 
+5
GorillazInm1st
bat
xALIENAx
RoninHo'in
xXJon2011Xx
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
xXJon2011Xx
Unrestrained Psychotic Stalker
xXJon2011Xx

What do you think about this server setup? Empty
PostSubject: What do you think about this server setup?   What do you think about this server setup? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 2:05 pm

Maps:
-Caspian Border
-Strike at Karkand (5)
-Kharg Island
-Sharqi Peninsula (5)
-Noshahr Canals
-Gulf of Oman (4)
-Operation Firestorm
-Wake Island (5)

Settings
-No 3D spotting
-No minimap spotting (unless we get a specific option for audio spotting)
-No armor regeneration
-No health regeneration
-SL spawning
-No killcam
-Friendly Fire ON
-5 TK's until kick
-4 kicks until ban
-Respawn 15 seconds
-500 tickets

Last edited by xXJon2011Xx on Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:02 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this server setup?   What do you think about this server setup? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 6:03 pm

You forgot health %... 100?

I'd play it.
Back to top Go down
xALIENAx
Completely Sane and Normal Individual
xALIENAx

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this server setup?   What do you think about this server setup? Icon_minitimeSun Mar 18, 2012 11:47 pm

I like everything but Noshar..
Tho to be entirely honest i don't care for BF3 anymore.

The tanks make seine OK if you have a decent team on both sides
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this server setup?   What do you think about this server setup? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 1:57 pm

You won't get map variants on console we don't already have bub....

dur

nice dream tho

I enjoy Noshahr.... I'm a little bird whore now so Razz

Stealth, ECM, & GM

It's hilarious cause everyone tries to spawn camp with Laser + GM for the OHK.... the stealth + ECM gives me PLENTY of time to lift off, turn around, and kill everyone out of the enemy helo. I don't pop ECM until I'm about to rip into him with my MG's so they're totally fucked at that point.
Back to top Go down
xXJon2011Xx
xXJon2011Xx

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this server setup?   What do you think about this server setup? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 2:51 pm

RoninHo'in wrote:

dur

nice dream tho

Stealth, ECM, & GM

It's hilarious cause everyone tries to spawn camp with Laser + GM for the OHK.... the stealth + ECM gives me PLENTY of time to lift off, turn around, and kill everyone out of the enemy helo. I don't pop ECM until I'm about to rip into him with my MG's so they're totally fucked at that point.
IF I can get 5 flag Karkand/Sharqi and 4 flag Oman without the smaller variants I'll be happy.

It was fucking hilarious when we double-teamed that Z=11.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this server setup?   What do you think about this server setup? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 3:02 pm

xXJon2011Xx wrote:
RoninHo'in wrote:

dur

nice dream tho

Stealth, ECM, & GM

IF I can get 5 flag Karkand/Sharqi and 4 flag Oman without the smaller variants I'll be happy.

It was fucking hilarious when we double-teamed that Z=11.

That was my last spawn with laser designator.... It's nice against tanks too, but doesn't seem to work all the time.... and stealth + ECM makes it almost impossible to get locked onto.

I'm sure you can specify just the large variants of B2K that we DO have.

I expect to have all the same options as PC... if not... they better charge a lot less... and still don't think I'd see the point honestly.
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this server setup?   What do you think about this server setup? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 6:14 pm

Neither stealth nor ecm has ever worked for me. maybe its a ps3 thing but they just keep locking on right through the ecm and easily take me down, so i never use it.

Flares work about 50/50. If im really far away i can often flare off a missile, but i have to be pretty far off, they keep tracking for a loooong fucking time after you flare.

And people who live to spawncamp the enemy helo on nosehair canal are retarded. You can get maybe 10 kills doing that. You can get 30 or more + hatemail if you just fly around and rape. Still, if they annoy me enough, i will fly over to their station and park aimed at their heli spawn and camp them till they leave the game.
Back to top Go down
GorillazInm1st
TITS or GTFO
GorillazInm1st

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this server setup?   What do you think about this server setup? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 6:40 pm

gut wrote:
Flares work about 50/50. If im really far away i can often flare off a missile, but i have to be pretty far off, they keep tracking for a loooong fucking time after you flare.
Same deal here on Xbox. About half the time stingers/iglas completely ignore the fact that I fired flares.

I've even started waiting to hear the fast beeping meaning that theirs a missile inbound, and they still fucking hit me. Makes me rage. What do you think about this server setup? 3241961088
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this server setup?   What do you think about this server setup? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 6:50 pm

i just dont really even fly choppers much anymore.

I remember last time i flew tghe attack heli on sharqi, this dude went to stinger me, he was around the bottom of the skyscraper base where the other heli spawns.

Well i flew clear across the map, past the roads where the tanks come in, staying below buildings. Well their heli spawns so i raise up. Almost immediately the dude has a stinger locked and fires, i flare, and it just keeps coming, even my brother was like "DUDE use your flares retard" thinking i hadnt, shit keeps coming for like a full 2 seconds and then kills me out of the heli.

That shit always fucking happens, its so annoying like i say i dont really even play helis too much.

Its not so bad in the jet. The missiles still follow for a full second and a half after flares, but A) i can still get away because im haulign ass and B) very rare to actually get stingered OUT of the jet, usually it just does damage and i dont piss my pants and burn my house down with overwhelming rage.
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this server setup?   What do you think about this server setup? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 6:53 pm

Can't PC have 7 flags max? Why are you sticking to 5?
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this server setup?   What do you think about this server setup? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 6:56 pm

o but the worst is in a dogfight.

Motherfucker will be halfway across the map, you see him fire missiles, you flare, and its like

.... uh oh....

...their still coming....

....come ON i flared wtf....

.....WTF... NO.....

.... *thunk* .. *thunk*..

the worst insult is seeing the second missile hit after the first one. God damn. The flares couldve at least sent the second one to go away.
Back to top Go down
GorillazInm1st
TITS or GTFO
GorillazInm1st

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this server setup?   What do you think about this server setup? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 7:43 pm

gut wrote:
o but the worst is in a dogfight.

Motherfucker will be halfway across the map, you see him fire missiles, you flare, and its like

.... uh oh....

...their still coming....

....come ON i flared wtf....

.....WTF... NO.....

.... *thunk* .. *thunk*..

the worst insult is seeing the second missile hit after the first one. God damn. The flares couldve at least sent the second one to go away.
My soldier being the brave fuck that he is, always sacrifices himself by taking the full impact of the missile, you know, to save the chopper and the crew.
Back to top Go down
xXJon2011Xx
xXJon2011Xx

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this server setup?   What do you think about this server setup? Icon_minitimeMon Mar 19, 2012 10:11 pm

spacefox wrote:
Can't PC have 7 flags max? Why are you sticking to 5?
This server is for xbawks.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this server setup?   What do you think about this server setup? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 12:45 pm

GorillazInm1st wrote:
My soldier being the brave fuck that he is, always sacrifices himself by taking the full impact of the missile, you know, to save the chopper and the crew.

This happens to me a LOT in the jet...

no idea how I could be so unlucky to always take every missile right in the cockpit x.x

ECM has proven FAR more effective to me than flares ever did. You DO need to pop before they fire or it's useless, but there is a second where they can fire after you pop and they'll miss wasting their shot. I've got that timing down pretty good now... get a lot of people to waste missiles. The F35 seems kinda glitchy on the ECM though. In the other jets I see my jet disappear from air radar for the duration... but not the F35 (couldn't say about helos cause I'm not running air radar).

Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this server setup?   What do you think about this server setup? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 2:23 pm

ecm puts a hold on the lock for a second and a half, it wont even break the fucking lock, then they just finish locking on and shoot you down. ecm is the most useless fucking perk in the game, id rather have an extra ejection seat or a ghillie suit for the pilot or maybe one of those air fresheners in your car for when i shit myself with rage after getting hit with another god damn missile
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this server setup?   What do you think about this server setup? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 2:30 pm

Apparently you fail then cause ECM keeps me up better than flares or extinguisher...

tho I did use extinguisher for a LOOONG time in the jet. After they shifted disable to 37 (from 50) it lost some flair though...

and ECM is priceless for pwning n00bs.

"duhh... where di' he go george, where di' he go?"

Anyways, Spring Update stingers are getting a range nerf thank the fuckin gods. On the downside they'll do more damage, but can't have everything Razz
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this server setup?   What do you think about this server setup? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 2:34 pm

and also, lol... the reason I take ECM in the helo is the ONLY thing that reliably was taking me down in the scout was guided missiles/shells/javelin which flares don't affect right now. (honestly I'll switch back to flares post patch when they do affect guided. Jets keep ECM though cause of air radar)

And when I have a repair guy?
<3

unstoppable except for my own dumb mistakes and overpowered light poles.
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this server setup?   What do you think about this server setup? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 3:27 pm

yea telephone poles are OP as fuck, i dont think theres one in the game that hasnt fragged me at least once.

And i didnt know that ecm breaks air radar. Thats priceless, im gonna start using it on jets now.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this server setup?   What do you think about this server setup? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 3:35 pm

Yup Smile

I didn't know either till someone told me.... I was convinced ECM was the most useless unlock for jets since guided on jets is almost unheard of and you have to hit it BEFORE missile fire.

But you know those annoying endless loops you wind up in? Yah... pop ECM at the right time (like when they can't see you in chase cam) and watch and laugh as they fly off away like you weren't just in a circle fight.... come up behind them and gun em down.

Hilarious and works against at least 75% enemy pilots. Some have wizened up and keep circling after you disappear off air radar.... and of course no effect on anyone without air radar (which is almost no one)

Against the former you'll need to get near a friendly jet when you pop ECM in your loop so they'll end up chasing the other jet on air radar.

Against the latter... well... usually they aren't that hard to beat anyways Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this server setup?   What do you think about this server setup? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 6:04 pm

hmm... thanks
Back to top Go down
GnarlyBromance
Admin
GnarlyBromance

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this server setup?   What do you think about this server setup? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 20, 2012 7:38 pm

everything you need to know about ECM... TESTD!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.gametanamo.com
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this server setup?   What do you think about this server setup? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 21, 2012 2:37 pm

14 minutes?? fuckin christ

also, too much IRL explanation... he even says, what's real is irrelevant, whats in game is ALL THAT MATTERS...

so why does he proceed to then describe the IRL technicalities?

Obviously flying at the sun or through clouds doesn't work in game, so why bring it up?

he even was wrong about the Javelin... IRL "tracing" is irrelevant... they don't lock onto traced targets, they are purely IR weapons... top down fire or direct (difference between lazed and not-lazed fire modes in game) is simply a switch on the Javelin control unit. You use top down against tanks (unless overhead cover prohibits this fire mode) and direct fire against helo's.

He also doesn't say SHIT about the in game effects...

Just "It works normal on helo but not jet"

which is BS anyways cause I use it in the jet all the fuckin time.

I hit ECM right on completion of enemy target lock, BEFORE they fire, and when I hit it at the same moment they fire, the missile misses. If they don't fire right at that moment, then I break their lock attempt and simply fly out of range before they get another lock. Works for me this way in both helo's and jets.

Working as intended IMO.

Besides, I mostly care about the air radar effect anyways.

Course, after the patch update, dodging missiles won't be as easy but then all kinds of shit is gettin changed
Back to top Go down
xXJon2011Xx
xXJon2011Xx

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this server setup?   What do you think about this server setup? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 1:13 pm

Consoles have 5 flag Wake Island now.

Server rentals cost:
1 day = $1.49
7 days = $6.99
30 days = $24.99
90 days = $64.99
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this server setup?   What do you think about this server setup? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 1:37 pm

xXJon2011Xx wrote:

Server rentals cost:
1 day = $1.49
7 days = $6.99
30 days = $24.99
90 days = $64.99

wuh? weird....

works tho I guess. Clans who don't want to constantly pay can still play GB's by just renting on the occasions they need to host a game.

I think we'll be doing the 90 day payment plan to get the most bang for buck since we'll have numerous contributors.
Back to top Go down
xXJon2011Xx
xXJon2011Xx

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this server setup?   What do you think about this server setup? Icon_minitimeTue Mar 27, 2012 2:10 pm

RoninHo'in wrote:
xXJon2011Xx wrote:

Server rentals cost:
1 day = $1.49
7 days = $6.99
30 days = $24.99
90 days = $64.99

wuh? weird....

works tho I guess. Clans who don't want to constantly pay can still play GB's by just renting on the occasions they need to host a game.

I think we'll be doing the 90 day payment plan to get the most bang for buck since we'll have numerous contributors.
I'm going to be renting a 30 day server with the rules listed in the op.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What do you think about this server setup?   What do you think about this server setup? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What do you think about this server setup?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next