Gametanamo Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for degenerates to shoot shit about their favorite hobby

HomeHomepageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

BF3 patch notes (HUUUUUUUGE list)

Go down 
+4
DTECH
Skreshavik
sPurMiN_gErMin
RoninHo'in
8 posters
AuthorMessage
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

BF3 patch notes (HUUUUUUUGE list) Empty
PostSubject: BF3 patch notes (HUUUUUUUGE list)   BF3 patch notes (HUUUUUUUGE list) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 1:57 pm

http://www.computerandvideogames.com/337096/dice-releases-enormous-list-of-upcoming-battlefield-3-fixes-tweaks/

Of note:
Quote :

• Players should no longer take fall damage from short falls.
  • Fixed several issues with vaulting objects, especially for thin railings.
  • Increased the effectiveness of explosive resistance. (Found this useful against fag rounds, now more so)
  • Unguided tank rounds and RPGs will now instantly destroy Jets, Attack Helicopters, and Scout Helicopters. (ZOMG YESH!)
  • Increased the damage the MBT's primary weapon does to the front and side armor of other main battle tanks. Primarily this means 1 less shot to the front, and very good hits to the side can result in a 1 hit to disable. (should help deal with engies out repairing in head on fights)
  • Slightly reduced the repair speed of the repair tool. (and more so)
  • Fixed a problem when locking on to two nearby targets, the locking should no longer jump rapidly between multiple targets. This applies to all locking weapons and Laser Designators. (thank gawd)
  • Javelin missiles fired without Laser targeting now do more damage to the side and rear of MBTs. (good, I'll actually take it more often now)
  • Laser Guided missiles can now be distracted by Flares. (wait wuh?)
  • Laser Guided missiles can now be distracted by Flares. Twisted Evil
  • AA Missiles are more difficult to dodge in Jets, this was unintended behavior that created an imbalance against skilled pilots. (awww frack)
  • AA Missiles are more difficult to dodge in Jets, this was unintended behavior that created an imbalance against skilled pilots. (ahh well that's good counterbalance)
  • The IGLA and Stinger now lock on much more quickly and disable an attack aircraft in 1 hit, but have significantly reduced range. This should allow Stingers to mount an effective close range point defense, without dominating an entire airspace.(good in more ways than 1... reduced range is AWESOME)
  • The Mi28 has received upgrades to its climbing and yawing abilities. (Halle-fuckin-lujah)
  • Improved the accuracy of the Mi28 gun to match the AH1 gun. (It wasn't before? WTF is wrong with them?? fix is good tho)
  • Adjusted the F35's Center of Mass and Hover Engine for more stable, level flight in all flight modes.
  • Updated the F35 weapon systems to be consistent with the other Jets.
  • The F35 will now only attempt to enter Hover at low altitudes, though it will maintain the hover until forward flight is resumed, even if it reaches high altitude.
  • The F35 and SU35 now properly have Ejection seats to prevent players from being killed when exiting the vehicle.
  • Below Radar will now also prevent the lock on of Stinger and IGLA missiles. Twisted Evil
  • Added Horns to all Jeeps.
  • Bolt action sniper rounds now have a chance to kill at close range if the player is hit in the upper chest. (Ghetto shotguns makin a come back Razz )
  • Fixed the Rate of Fire when the USAS and MK3A1 are equipped with FRAG rounds. All other shotguns correctly had a reduced rate of fire with frags, except the USAS and MK3A1. (FUCK YER!)

There's a LOT more than this... these are just some good (and/or interesting ones) I saw... take a look.

Looks like maybe they actually HAVE been working on shit... list is long as FUCK
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: BF3 patch notes (HUUUUUUUGE list)   BF3 patch notes (HUUUUUUUGE list) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 2:09 pm

Oh snap... check this one out:

*The MAV will now be destroyed when running into a soldier or vehicle at high speed. It is still possible to strategically sacrifice your MAV on a soldier; it will be destroyed in the process.

OH and this: (THANK FUCKIN GAWD)
*The MAV can no longer be used as an elevator.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: BF3 patch notes (HUUUUUUUGE list)   BF3 patch notes (HUUUUUUUGE list) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 2:11 pm

Oh good, ATM's are back in business:

The player may now have a maximum number of mines which will persist after the player's death. Deploying more than the maximum of 6 mines will remove a previous mine from the world.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: BF3 patch notes (HUUUUUUUGE list)   BF3 patch notes (HUUUUUUUGE list) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 2:11 pm

OH YES! Another great fuckin fix!

The M224 Mortar can no longer be deployed in an area that is out of combat for another team like a home base or other protected spawn.
Back to top Go down
sPurMiN_gErMin
Lederhosen
sPurMiN_gErMin

PostSubject: Re: BF3 patch notes (HUUUUUUUGE list)   BF3 patch notes (HUUUUUUUGE list) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 2:32 pm

Input Lag Fix?

*crickets*

*crickets*

BF3 remains shelved...
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: BF3 patch notes (HUUUUUUUGE list)   BF3 patch notes (HUUUUUUUGE list) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 2:41 pm

Laser guided...affected by flares? Neutral

The bolt action made me jizz a little. I can finally take my slavshit out of WookieMode and ensue my reign of terror. Along with the SKS? Hell yea.
Back to top Go down
DTECH
Master of Facts, Factual Evidence, and Facts
DTECH

PostSubject: Re: BF3 patch notes (HUUUUUUUGE list)   BF3 patch notes (HUUUUUUUGE list) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 2:58 pm

Fuck it sounds like they made it much better and more fun to play...... on the XBOX

Last edited by DTECH on Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: BF3 patch notes (HUUUUUUUGE list)   BF3 patch notes (HUUUUUUUGE list) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 3:27 pm

haha didn't you know? You have to turn your TV to "Gaming mode" to remove input lag roflmfao Laughing

PS3 got the shaft *shrug* Honestly what sony did was noble in a creative design sort of way to skip using a GPU for a modular multithread cell processor type setup... but most devs aren't in the practice of coding that way...

so you get shit like BF3 on PS3.

PS3 dedicated Dev's have long since adapted since it's a different coding paradigm and they only need to focus on the one programming method.

All in all Sony's idea is actually a good one in a way, but ultimately kinda screwed themselves on cross-platform development.

Anyways, yay for BF3 on 360! Very Happy and PC too I guess.... they'll even get the fixes first =\
Back to top Go down
xXJon2011Xx
Unrestrained Psychotic Stalker
xXJon2011Xx

PostSubject: Re: BF3 patch notes (HUUUUUUUGE list)   BF3 patch notes (HUUUUUUUGE list) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 4:21 pm

So many welcome fixes, smaller maps should play better now.
Back to top Go down
GnarlyBromance
Admin
GnarlyBromance

PostSubject: Re: BF3 patch notes (HUUUUUUUGE list)   BF3 patch notes (HUUUUUUUGE list) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 4:55 pm

great balancing fixes.

yay PC
Back to top Go down
http://www.gametanamo.com
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: BF3 patch notes (HUUUUUUUGE list)   BF3 patch notes (HUUUUUUUGE list) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 4:56 pm

Patch can't come fast enuff
Back to top Go down
DTECH
DTECH

PostSubject: Re: BF3 patch notes (HUUUUUUUGE list)   BF3 patch notes (HUUUUUUUGE list) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 7:35 pm

RoninHo'in wrote:
haha didn't you know? You have to turn your TV to "Gaming mode" to remove input lag roflmfao Laughing

PS3 got the shaft *shrug* Honestly what sony did was noble in a creative design sort of way to skip using a GPU for a modular multithread cell processor type setup... but most devs aren't in the practice of coding that way...

so you get shit like BF3 on PS3.

PS3 dedicated Dev's have long since adapted since it's a different coding paradigm and they only need to focus on the one programming method.

All in all Sony's idea is actually a good one in a way, but ultimately kinda screwed themselves on cross-platform development.

Anyways, yay for BF3 on 360! Very Happy and PC too I guess.... they'll even get the fixes first =\

Riiight gaming mode....
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

PostSubject: Re: BF3 patch notes (HUUUUUUUGE list)   BF3 patch notes (HUUUUUUUGE list) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 7:39 pm

DTECH wrote:
Fuck it sounds like they made it much better and more fun to play...... on the XBOX
The fixes are for PS3 too, so what's your point?

I'm loving this list though, especially this:
Quote :
Unguided tank rounds and RPGs will now instantly destroy Jets, Attack Helicopters, and Scout Helicopters.
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

PostSubject: Re: BF3 patch notes (HUUUUUUUGE list)   BF3 patch notes (HUUUUUUUGE list) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 7:43 pm

Oh and if you have input lag, the problem is probably with your TV display. My friend had some major input lag but I messed around with his TV and got rid of it completely.
Back to top Go down
DTECH
DTECH

PostSubject: Re: BF3 patch notes (HUUUUUUUGE list)   BF3 patch notes (HUUUUUUUGE list) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 7:46 pm

spacefox wrote:
DTECH wrote:
The fixes are for PS3 too, so what's your point?

I'm loving this list though, especially this:
Quote :
Unguided tank rounds and RPGs will now instantly destroy Jets, Attack Helicopters, and Scout Helicopters.

Maybe you are slightly retarded although its really nice and cute of DICE to fix everything but input lag, you know that thing that makes the game kind of pointless to play

Yay gun buffs and nerfs, if only I could aim properly with those guns
Back to top Go down
DTECH
DTECH

PostSubject: Re: BF3 patch notes (HUUUUUUUGE list)   BF3 patch notes (HUUUUUUUGE list) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 7:51 pm

spacefox wrote:
Oh and if you have input lag, the problem is probably with your TV display. My friend had some major input lag but I messed around with his TV and got rid of it completely.

Ya sorry I refuse to play a 720p game in 576p or 480p, its already sad enough that the game is only 720p

Kinda weird that input lag is a non issue on XBOX, Im fairly certain that some people that play the XBOX may have the same TV as me and shit load of other types of TVs, plus there was the beta.........

So ya GTFO DICE cockrider
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

PostSubject: Re: BF3 patch notes (HUUUUUUUGE list)   BF3 patch notes (HUUUUUUUGE list) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 8:21 pm

DTECH wrote:
spacefox wrote:

Ya sorry I refuse to play a 720p game in 576p or 480p, its already sad enough that the game is only 720p

Kinda weird that input lag is a non issue on XBOX, Im fairly certain that some people that play the XBOX may have the same TV as me and shit load of other types of TVs, plus there was the beta.........

Idk what the deal was with my friend's problem, but he was playing it on sub-HD and I put an HDMI cable in and 720p and the input lag went away. No I'm not telling you to play it at a lower resolution, I'm just saying the problem may be display related. Im not defending DICE, faggot.

You're right though, it's not a problem on Xbox so obviously DICE fucked up somewhere but I think if they knew how to fix it they would have already.

All I know is, I dont have input lag so I dont give 2 fucks. Teeth
Back to top Go down
DTECH
DTECH

PostSubject: Re: BF3 patch notes (HUUUUUUUGE list)   BF3 patch notes (HUUUUUUUGE list) Icon_minitimeThu Feb 23, 2012 8:25 pm

spacefox wrote:
DTECH wrote:

Idk what the deal was with my friend's problem, but he was playing it on sub-HD and I put an HDMI cable in and 720p and the input lag went away. No I'm not telling you to play it at a lower resolution, I'm just saying the problem may be display related. Im not defending DICE, faggot.

You're right though, it's not a problem on Xbox so obviously DICE fucked up somewhere but I think if they knew how to fix it they would have already.

All I know is, I dont have input lag so I dont give 2 fucks. Teeth

That is the current workaround (well at least it was last time I looked, which has been a while since I dont go to the EA forums anymore) Im using HDMI, if you drop the rez to 480p for HDMI it nullifies the input lag, if you are on the composite cable setup then 576p does the same thing

I also dont have input lag since I got rid of the PS3
Back to top Go down
Vanished
BLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

PostSubject: Re: BF3 patch notes (HUUUUUUUGE list)   BF3 patch notes (HUUUUUUUGE list) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 9:02 am

So sad dicky b, so sad Sad
Back to top Go down
DTECH
DTECH

PostSubject: Re: BF3 patch notes (HUUUUUUUGE list)   BF3 patch notes (HUUUUUUUGE list) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 12:49 pm

oOoLishaoOo wrote:
So sad dicky b, so sad Sad

Teeth

Well maybe Ill see you on the XBOX 720? Def not the Vita though
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: BF3 patch notes (HUUUUUUUGE list)   BF3 patch notes (HUUUUUUUGE list) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 2:10 pm

She's a sony fangirl so I doubt it.

If Valve can give us a release date, and spec before 720 launch, I won't even touch the 720, I'll just wait on the Steambox.

Oh yah, and yesterday they announced 3 new DLC, 1 to be released soon with the update I guess, and they will be adding private servers (servers, aka rented not matches, ala what we had before.) as well. AoW will be picking up one Cool
Back to top Go down
DTECH
DTECH

PostSubject: Re: BF3 patch notes (HUUUUUUUGE list)   BF3 patch notes (HUUUUUUUGE list) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 2:53 pm

RoninHo'in wrote:
She's a sony fangirl so I doubt it.

If Valve can give us a release date, and spec before 720 launch, I won't even touch the 720, I'll just wait on the Steambox.

Oh yah, and yesterday they announced 3 new DLC, 1 to be released soon with the update I guess, and they will be adding private servers (servers, aka rented not matches, ala what we had before.) as well. AoW will be picking up one Cool

6 months later....

That would almost give the impression they released the game prematurely and incomplete Coffee Cup
Back to top Go down
Vanished
BLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

PostSubject: Re: BF3 patch notes (HUUUUUUUGE list)   BF3 patch notes (HUUUUUUUGE list) Icon_minitimeWed Mar 07, 2012 4:30 pm

Ronnie is right, I will never go to the Xbox .. PlayStation foreverz <3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BF3 patch notes (HUUUUUUUGE list)   BF3 patch notes (HUUUUUUUGE list) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BF3 patch notes (HUUUUUUUGE list)
Page 1 of 1