Gametanamo Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for degenerates to shoot shit about their favorite hobby

HomeHomepageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Skyrim help

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

Skyrim help Empty
PostSubject: Skyrim help   Skyrim help Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 4:26 pm

I need some help guys. I keep getting stuck on The Silver Hand mission, where you first become a werewolf.

Here's the problem, my follower Marcurio keeps disappearing after the mission. The first time around, I did the mission normally while he was still set to "Follow me". That first time you become a werewolf and come out of the Underforge, he was still right there following me, and then you get transported to Gallows Rock with Aela to complete the mission. At that point he was nowhere to be found.

So I finished the mission and I figured he'd come back after Aela left, but he wasn't teleporting with me whenever I went anywhere. Went back to Whiterun where I last saw him, he wasnt there. Went back to the Bee and Barb where I picked him up. Nope.

So I loaded an older save file and ignored that mission for a while. Then I tried it again and I told him to wait inside Jorrvaskr before I did the mission and saved. Completed the quest, went back, he was gone. My guess is he gets replaced by Aela since she starts following you.

So WTF do I do? Am I pretty much fucked if I try that mission?

Also anyone know if there's any followers that train you in Heavy Armor and Two Handed?
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

Skyrim help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyrim help   Skyrim help Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 5:12 pm

Aela IS replacing him, meaning Marcurio leaves your service. He goes back to where you originally found him. If you don't know where that is, just tell him you don't need him anymore and he'll say "Okay, I'll go back to_____ if you need me." Marcurio doesn't get deleted... or if he does, due to a glitch in the mission, tell him to fuck off and then go get him after that particular mission.

Farkas trains in heavy armor, Vilkas in two handed, both are master level meaning I think they can train you to at least 90, maybe 95 or 100. You need to complete the Companions questline or at least get close to the end before they will follow you as a friend and you get the opportunity to take your gold back.
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

Skyrim help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyrim help   Skyrim help Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 10:13 pm

Ahh I figured. Guess I'll take all my stuff back and tell him to fuck off for a while, do the missions and maybe get him back later. He's a pretty useful follower.

And thanks for that info. I was considering skipping over the Companions questline for a while cause I got tired of having to play the same mission twice, and now another time since I went back, but if I wanna train those stats for free I guess I should get that out of the way.

Appreciate the help.
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

Skyrim help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyrim help   Skyrim help Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 10:50 pm

No problem. You don't have to take your stuff back, by the way. They keep it on them until you get them again. Just be careful, sometimes if they wander around outside they can get killed by random dragons.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

Skyrim help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyrim help   Skyrim help Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 4:25 am

Aela can train your Archery up to 75... and there is also a 1hand and block trainer in there as well.

Even if you don't use those skills you may want to train them up for the extra XP giving you more perks for your skills you're using while also scaling up enemies a little bit since they really can use some scaling Razz
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

Skyrim help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyrim help   Skyrim help Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 3:12 pm

Noticed that too, at level 40 you plow through everyone.
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

Skyrim help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyrim help   Skyrim help Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 4:45 pm

Fido wrote:
No problem. You don't have to take your stuff back, by the way. They keep it on them until you get them again. Just be careful, sometimes if they wander around outside they can get killed by random dragons.
That's good to know, but I'll probably take it all anyways just in case.

And I'm like level 26 right now. Wouldnt say Im plowing through shit but nothing's specifically challenging. If I wanted a bigger challenge I could just turn up the difficulty.
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

Skyrim help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyrim help   Skyrim help Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 5:00 pm

I play on adept. I haven't really tried going to expert. I'm sick of my 2-handed light armor nord at this point so I'm starting over.
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

Skyrim help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyrim help   Skyrim help Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 5:34 pm

Yeah 2-handed gets old, but couldnt you just start training the other stats so you could be any play style? I could have an Orc as a mage if I wanted to right?
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

Skyrim help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyrim help   Skyrim help Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 6:03 pm

Fido wrote:
I play on adept. I haven't really tried going to expert. I'm sick of my 2-handed light armor nord at this point so I'm starting over.

Problem is IMO it doesn't really make the game harder.... just annoying.

You'll still plow through the majority of enemies w/o any problem... but then the boss fights take like 80 swings and they kill you in 1 or 2 hits. 2 hits is somewhat manageable.... but it's annoying to work down a boss for 5 minutes ducking and dodging just to get one shotted.... or just one-twoed without much chance to react (and of course missing that critical chance... half the time the only thing you can do is pause, quaff potions to survive the second hit, then run away and heal after taking it)

Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

Skyrim help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyrim help   Skyrim help Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 6:08 pm

spacefox wrote:
Yeah 2-handed gets old, but couldnt you just start training the other stats so you could be any play style? I could have an Orc as a mage if I wanted to right?

Yes and no....

You're skill level ups are unrestricted...

however you are restricted in perk points.

You're far better off having a 2hand character, and second sword&board guy who will then have more perk points to back up their melee with archery, drop points in resto and smithing, etc.

The combat trees are all perk heavy with a requirement of 5/5 in the first ranks to be truly effective.... except block. Block is the only warrior tree I can safely say it's ok, and usually best, to only go 1/5 in the warrior constellations.

Not to mention the weapon specific perks in 1/2 hand. Maces to fight heavy plated enemies, swords for crits, and axe for bleed on big really high HP enemies (Dragons, mammoth, giants). that's 9 perks if you want to truly maximize your effectiveness with your chosen weapon class.
Back to top Go down
GorillazInm1st
TITS or GTFO
GorillazInm1st

Skyrim help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyrim help   Skyrim help Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 6:33 pm

Fido wrote:
This is exactly why I quit playing. I'd think, 'hey, I kinda wanna make a assassin/thief character that runs around sneak attacking everything'. But once I got them established, I'd become so bored with that character type I'd start another. It sucks.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

Skyrim help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyrim help   Skyrim help Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 6:50 pm

GorillazInm1st wrote:
Fido wrote:
This is exactly why I quit playing. I'd think, 'hey, I kinda wanna make a assassin/thief character that runs around sneak attacking everything'. But once I got them established, I'd become so bored with that character type I'd start another. It sucks.

that's why I roll 2-3 at the same time with various playstyles.

I move them to different regions and am running them through different questlines, though of course there is a fair bit of cross-over... it still plays out quite differently due to the different playstyles.

I have abandoned 2 characters though.... My first character just became ridiculous after maxing out enchanting.... so I'm avoiding ever putting perks there on any other characters now. Second character is my 2hander Nord.... he's bad ass... but 2handed weapon swinging gets pretty repetitive. Sword&Board using blocking seems more fun to me for straight up face to face melee combat.

So I'm now working on my:
Orc 1hand + Shield... keeping Werewolf form for now too giving me 2 1xday melee god modes to call on.
Redguard Assassin (backstab, sneak, illusion.) who will also become my Vampire
Bosmer Archer Conjurer. She's kinda OP'ed too really.
I also have a Highelf pure mage I put a little time on here and there when I want to do Destro.

Oh yah... and if you have a assassin type character... you should complete the thieves guild questline... holy shit you get the most awesome daily power. once a day for 2 minutes you can enter sneak to go invisible (unlike shadow warrior sneak perk the duration of invisibility is not timed outside the 2 minute scope of power)
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

Skyrim help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyrim help   Skyrim help Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 3:59 am

...You have too much time Ronin. Ive only put 40 hours into my single character and I already feel like thats a lot. Getting bored as fuck too, like you said using 2handed weapons gets really repetitive.

Youre right also, I forgot about the perks. Im tempted to start a mage character because it seems like itd be more interesting, but I know Id get bored of that quickly too. The game lost its freshness to me, getting stale.

Thankfully I only paid 10 bucks for it so I cant complain.
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

Skyrim help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyrim help   Skyrim help Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 9:28 am

I like playing on Expert...it's the right balance between challenge and frustration. And space, if you have any queries in future I suggest looking at: http://www.uesp.net/wiki/Main_Page

Also:
>2012
>Not marrying your housecarl and dressing her up in pretty clothes

Skyrim help Wedding2e
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AlyssSilence
Sponsored content

Skyrim help Empty
PostSubject: Re: Skyrim help   Skyrim help Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Skyrim help
Page 1 of 1