Gametanamo Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for degenerates to shoot shit about their favorite hobby

HomeHomepageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

MW3 Review

Go down 
+13
xTh3rMo5x
JediMindTrixxx
GorillazInm1st
AmPLiFiKaTioN
Fido
DTECH
the_Fetophagist
Alyss
RoninHo'in
CptnShotgun
Skreshavik
spacefox
WantonHERO
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
xALIENAx
Completely Sane and Normal Individual
xALIENAx

MW3 Review - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: MW3 Review   MW3 Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 6:46 am

I have to agree with fido- And BF3 aircraft are perfect and take some practice and skill to use effectively. Love the gun play also, and tanks finally have some guts. If you aint packing pelenty of AT and see a tank comin at you you get damn nervous in a hurry.
Back to top Go down
DTECH
Master of Facts, Factual Evidence, and Facts
DTECH

PostSubject: Re: MW3 Review   MW3 Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 10:47 am

http://forums.electronicarts.co.uk/battlefield-3-console/1454563-bad-company-3.html#post20361059
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: MW3 Review   MW3 Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 1:01 pm

xALIENAx wrote:
I have to agree with fido- And BF3 aircraft are perfect and take some practice and skill to use effectively. Love the gun play also, and tanks finally have some guts. If you aint packing pelenty of AT and see a tank comin at you you get damn nervous in a hurry.
I find the Jihad jeep to be quite effective against tanks, especially in an urban environment.
Back to top Go down
VILE
God Damn Mother Fucking VILE
VILE

PostSubject: Re: MW3 Review   MW3 Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 1:33 pm

I'm digging it a little more lately. The more I learn the maps, the more I like it. I have to agree, the vehicles do require skill, more so than BC1, a good plot will definitely shine on this game.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: MW3 Review   MW3 Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 1:44 pm

Skreshavik wrote:
xALIENAx wrote:
I find the Jihad jeep to be quite effective against tanks, especially in an urban environment.

A favorite battlefield pasttime Smile

And yah... the air balance is great IMO.

It's kinda funny though... most Jets can't seem to harass the ground at all... Helo's are devastating against tanks... but half the time I see the helos trying to use their heat seekers against enemy jets ignoring the ground Laughing

A proper air force team will make life hell for people trying to use armor... doesn't seem to happen as often as it should... they're either tied up with each other the whole time ( I still make runs against ground targets while being tailed... may as well) or they're just incapable of doing much damage.

Helo crews truly wreck face tho.
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: MW3 Review   MW3 Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 3:30 pm

I see a lot of helis fumbling. They launch a barrage of rockets and then the angle scares them and they spend 30 seconds recovering.

Josh and me seem to have switched roles a bit, I'm getting pretty nice with the helis and he's raping in jets.

I'm still infantry first though.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: MW3 Review   MW3 Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 3:50 pm

Infantry/Armor is almost always the path to victory.

Jets and helos are fun... and you can really fuck with people with them... but you can't really hold objectives with them, and flags make more impact in BF3 than BC2 by FAR.

There will be a whopping total of ~50 kills on a team... out of 250 tickets... on the air maps. That's ~200 lost due to ticket bleed.

Air IS powerful... in the right hands (you can totally shut down their entire vehicle armada really)... but you NEED boots on the ground to take advantage of your gains or it pretty much goes to waste (other than your vehicle unlock tree of course Razz )

I've won I don't know HOW many rounds where the enemy maintained air superiority the whole round (usually by spawn camping the runway) I'm a pretty good pilot... but there is only so much I can do against 2 jets and a helo dedicated to AA and me without any decent wingman.

I remember once the other jet on my team kept making I don't know how many passes at the enemy helo while both enemy jets were dogging me for 2-3 minutes... I kept trying to bring them in front of his field of vision so he could shake them off me... but he just kept going for the fucking helo (and missing no less). I managed to circle behind one and take him out (just a disable unfortunately) but doing so let the guy behind me light me up the same way. My extinguisher saved me at first, but I still couldn't shake him and at 52 armor and my extinguisher on CD... I was fucked when he landed a cpl more bullets on me.
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: MW3 Review   MW3 Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 5:29 pm

RoninHo'in wrote:
It's kinda funny though... most Jets can't seem to harass the ground at all... Helo's are devastating against tanks... but half the time I see the helos trying to use their heat seekers against enemy jets ignoring the ground Laughing
99% of the time I ignore air vehicles because they're useless and don't affect ground combat by one iota. Only time I've ever seen them as a threat is when Gnarly flies around.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: MW3 Review   MW3 Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 5:49 pm

I harass tanks any chance I get....

would be a lot easier if the damn ground troops would SPOT them for me... but my Air Radar lets me line it up close enough, and then I just use the GM view to find them.

In a helo.... tanks are juicy tasty delicious goodness. You can destroy tanks in 1 salvo to the rear of a tank.

Helos that camp the enemy air strip are a waste to their team... they should be on the map preventing them from using any vehicles out where it matters... and leave the jets to your jets. I only ever swap to my Heat Seekers if they start fucking with me. And for the most part, I fly low and between obstacles too much to be easily tracked by enemy jets anyways. My biggest enemy is the enemy helo sneaking up on me or stingers on the ground (which invariably come out after demolishing a cpl tanks)
Back to top Go down
AmPLiFiKaTioN
Astro Jesus
AmPLiFiKaTioN

PostSubject: Re: MW3 Review   MW3 Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 5:56 pm

Fido wrote:
AmPLiFiKaTioN wrote:

So basically its good...but random stupid shit happens like completely losing control of the entire game. Ya ok.

I mean at least you like it, but you've got to admit that shit like that shouldn't be happening in the first place. And I've never had that problem in CoD.

Sorry man, completely losing control of the game doesn't detract from what is a really good game. They nailed it with jets. The helis are deliciously difficult to master. Infantry combat is excellent. Tanks have nos. I have fun when I play. It's been a week now so it's outlasted BC2 in fun. I was sick of BC2 the first week, but I still feel like BF3 has a long amount of gametime left in it. I've already got a full day play time. I'm digging the guns and the destruction's just right. BC2's houses dropping was lame as shit. BC2 was based on a gimmick and that was all it had. Shitty destruction is nothing to center a whole game around. I love that they gave it a backseat to the vehicular gameplay.
Like I said, at least you like it. I was the same way as you were with BC2, it was fun at first but got old very quickly. Unfortunately, BF3 got old even more quickly for me. I'll agree with you that they did hit the nail on the head in terms of vehicles, but I started to lose interest in vehicular combat in the BF series about halfway into BC2. Yeah, the helis/jets are tough to master... and like BC1, that brings an aspect of fun to the game. The only difference is the relative effectiveness of vehicles between BC1 and BF3 and the fact that I've been bored of vehicles in FPS games for quite some time now. I don't want to master them because they've lost their luster to me. Why become good at something I don't care for? Ground pounding is much more fun, imo, but the gun mechanics just don't feel right to me.

In the end, all it really comes down to is personal preference. I prefer to play a game based on infantry combat - a game that's been fine-tuning its infantry-based gameplay for years. Whether you (or anyone else for that matter) like the gunplay in Call of Duty games is irrelevant, but what is relevant is the fact that it has been consistent ever since CoD4. Battlefield switches up its damage model with each and every release, and frankly I'm sick of adapting to each new BF game. Call me bad, call me picky, unable to adapt, whatever... I see it as a fundamental miscue by whomever is developing the Battlefield series. Most players want some level of consistency from one release to the next, and Battlefield simply does not have that. I can understand the devs' compulsion to improve upon game mechanics, weapon stats, etc, but in small doses. Each console release has been significantly different from its predecessor in ways that should have been improved on by making subtle adjustments... not complete revamps.

But anyway.. I'm going off on a tangent. If you told me during BC1 that I would end up a CoD player, I'd have laughed at you. Now look at me, spewing garbage about the franchise I once cherished. Coffee Cup
Back to top Go down
VILE
VILE

PostSubject: Re: MW3 Review   MW3 Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 7:50 pm

BF3 is growing on me AMP, you shoulda hung in there for a bit...sames goes for Wanton.
Back to top Go down
AmPLiFiKaTioN
Astro Jesus
AmPLiFiKaTioN

PostSubject: Re: MW3 Review   MW3 Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 8:04 pm

Technically I still have it. I know I said I sold it, but the guy who "totally wanted it but couldn't meet that night because he had to close at his job" backed out. I think I'll either keep it and dabble on the Battlefield from time to time, or trade it for Skyrim. Probably the latter.

I really, really, really don't like the gun mechanics, though. That could be partially blamed on coming into BF3 from ~6 months of Black Ops, but still. The way recoil works in BF3 is fucking retarded, imo. And the input lag... Christ. The input lag.
Back to top Go down
VILE
VILE

PostSubject: Re: MW3 Review   MW3 Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 8:23 pm

It definitely has some problems and I'm not going to argue them, I agree it sucks balls in many ways....

But did you see this video? the one Gnarly (I think) posted....

That's what the fuck I'm talking about, where else can I fucking do that? or try to, or a million other awesome things like that, most of which we'll probably see in Rose's vids and then claim we knew about all along or that we already did that or were going to try...

The game has potentia ad infinitum, it's a blank canvass, so far anyway.
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

PostSubject: Re: MW3 Review   MW3 Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeMon Nov 14, 2011 8:39 pm

I posted that you bitch.

Teeth
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: MW3 Review   MW3 Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 10:16 am

I went to CoD during BC1, before BC2 and then again during BC2. I know how you feel Amp.

But BF3 is sexy.
Back to top Go down
sPurMiN_gErMin
Lederhosen
sPurMiN_gErMin

PostSubject: Re: MW3 Review   MW3 Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 10:46 am

Fido wrote:
I went to CoD during BC1, before BC2 and then again during BC2. I know how you feel Amp.

But that german fella is sexy.

Yea I know.MW3 Review - Page 2 613626
Back to top Go down
WantonHERO
Murderous Crack Fiend
WantonHERO

PostSubject: Re: MW3 Review   MW3 Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 10:10 pm

VILE wrote:
BF3 is growing on me AMP, you shoulda hung in there for a bit...sames goes for Wanton.

i still have it.

i'll go back to it just like i did with bc2 but for now i'm really enjoying mw3...when lag compensation isn't dicking me up though lol
Back to top Go down
AmPLiFiKaTioN
Astro Jesus
AmPLiFiKaTioN

PostSubject: Re: MW3 Review   MW3 Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Nov 15, 2011 11:47 pm

WantonHERO wrote:
VILE wrote:

i still have it.

i'll go back to it just like i did with bc2 but for now i'm really enjoying mw3...when lag compensation isn't dicking me up though lol

Pretty much this. I'm loving every minute of MW3, but I could be swayed to go back to BF3 if DICE decides to fix shit for once.
Back to top Go down
monkeystoot
Midget

PostSubject: Re: MW3 Review   MW3 Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 7:48 am

AmPLiFiKaTioN wrote:
WantonHERO wrote:

i still have it.

Pretty much this. I'm loving every minute of MW3, but I could be swayed to go back to BF3 if DICE decides to fix shit for once.
But you don't like vehicles
Back to top Go down
AmPLiFiKaTioN
Astro Jesus
AmPLiFiKaTioN

PostSubject: Re: MW3 Review   MW3 Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 8:39 am

monkeystoot wrote:
AmPLiFiKaTioN wrote:

But you don't like vehicles
BF3 is more than just vehicles, it's just that the non-vehicular combat sucks ass for the time being. lol
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: MW3 Review   MW3 Review - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Nov 16, 2011 1:56 pm

not really.... but w/e
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: MW3 Review   MW3 Review - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

MW3 Review
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2