Gametanamo Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for degenerates to shoot shit about their favorite hobby

HomeHomepageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Batman: Arkham City

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Xycolian
Property of Gametanamo
Xycolian

Batman: Arkham City Empty
PostSubject: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 9:11 pm

Alright this game is fuckin awesome. Pretty much the best game that's ever been made about a superhero. Definitely deserves at least a rental.

I'm too lazy to explain how awesome this game is... so yeah just get your hands on it somehow and play it.
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City Icon_minitimeFri Nov 04, 2011 9:51 pm

Yeah my friend was saying over Facebook how fucking amazing it was.

I loved the first one but I didnt feel it was worth 60 bucks so Im not sure if I should buy this right now or just wait for a price drop, or a game of the year edition with all the DLC.

Xy did you buy it or just rent? If you bought it do you think it's worth 60 bucks?
Back to top Go down
Xycolian
Property of Gametanamo
Xycolian

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City Icon_minitimeSat Nov 05, 2011 2:00 am

I rented it and tbh the campaign seemed kinda short... there is a shitload of extra content though, like miniature campaigns and bonus stages and shit you get for finding riddler trophies. Haven't tried any of that yet though cause I just finsihed the last boss battle and i'm kinda drunk.... should tell you how easy boss fights are in this game (hint not hard).

even though the boss fights arent that hard they keep the game fresh and make you think on your feet.

Also I only did like 2 side missions when I played through the game so that could be a part of why it felt short.

there's a new game plus option which lets you start a new game withh all the abilities an shit from your previsous game... kinda cool i guess. also adds some new enemies supposedly.

If you buy the full version of the game you also get to play as catwoman (I have no idea how much this adds to the experience though cause I only rented it)

Hmm what else... oh yeah you practically get to be like spiderman swinging around the city and shit with your grapple gun.... only batman is better cause he can glide with his cape lol.... kinda fun.

You get to investigate crime scenes with your amazing bat goggle vision or whatever... figuring out bullet trajectories from sniper shots and following blood trails and shit.

There are about 9 different gadgets (guessing here can't check cause the game is going thru credits) but yeah there's a shitload of gadgets like a freeze grenade, battarang, grapple gun, some weird electrical gun that stuns enemies and affects electromagnets in the environment. That's all the gadgets I can recall atm.

you can use pretty much every single piece of equipment in combat with hotkey combos (they aren't hard to perform) and if there is a gadget that you can't use in combat, then you can almost certainly use it to prepare for combat.

There's a stealth aspect to the gameplay... and if you take out a room full of baddies without beeing seen, it honestly feels awesome lol. They really captured that aspect of it. Silently taking an enemy down before shooting your grappling gun at a high vantage point and disappearing before anyone notices is awesome lol.

You can also practically lynch enemies from gargoyle vantage points. When they're directly beneath you, you can perform an inverted takedown which strings them up from the gargoyle. Pretty fuckin BA.

Also when you're in fights it takes environmental variables into account (at least in a limited respect). Like if you perform a counter and you're close to a wall, you'll run towards it before jumping off it and hitting them with whatever random attack it generates. I also had an awesom counter against a boss while I wass above him and he was in a doorway.

That's all I can think of atm ask me some specific ?'s and ill do my best to answer
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 2:50 pm

Yah, I had my eye on this one...

they also released another character through DLC you can play as well.

Looks like it could be a good GotY game with bundled DLC
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City Icon_minitimeMon Nov 07, 2011 5:53 pm

Yeah Xy it sounds really fucking good, they pretty much kept the core of the original and improved on it in every way possible.

But like Ronin said there's some DLC and there's probably gonna be a GOTY edition, so I think I'll just wait for that. Unless I find a good deal on Black Friday.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Batman: Arkham City   Batman: Arkham City Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Batman: Arkham City
Page 1 of 1