Gametanamo Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for degenerates to shoot shit about their favorite hobby

HomeHomepageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

[HISTORIC ART THREAD] Counter Strike: Global Offensive

Go down 
+11
AmPLiFiKaTioN
TnA_Gr
GnarlyBromance
DTECH
GorillazInm1st
Skreshavik
FFigh
Alyss
bat
RoninHo'in
Eradicated
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

[HISTORIC ART THREAD] Counter Strike: Global Offensive - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [HISTORIC ART THREAD] Counter Strike: Global Offensive   [HISTORIC ART THREAD] Counter Strike: Global Offensive - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 1:29 pm

RoninHo'in wrote:
I am not quite as closed minded about my gaming as dtech, so Im still better than he is.
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

PostSubject: Re: [HISTORIC ART THREAD] Counter Strike: Global Offensive   [HISTORIC ART THREAD] Counter Strike: Global Offensive - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 1:31 pm

RoninHo'in wrote:
Film =/= video games

and lol wasn't really talking about u in particular...

Oh yah... and artsy films? ........ every film I've ever seen that is supposedly "artsy" has also been BORING AS FUCK.

Boring as fuck, and video GAMES, isn't a particularly good recipe IMO
Art =/= artsy, retard. A blockbuster film required art, just as much as an 'artsy' film. Films and games are massively similar; we're talking about crafting an experience, and games being seen and treated as an art is a great thing.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AlyssSilence
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: [HISTORIC ART THREAD] Counter Strike: Global Offensive   [HISTORIC ART THREAD] Counter Strike: Global Offensive - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 1:40 pm

I don't believe in "art" actually.....

I'm far too analytical (spell correct doesn't fucking know analytical??? added) to appreciate it whatsoever.

It's all 100% meaningless to me.

Something is either entertaining, or it is not.

All that BS about emotion and feeling being captured in a goddamn painting is ludicrous. and "abstract" is just absolutely stupid. Any 3 yr old can make the garbage some of these etards are getting paid bank to slap together.... oh... their "tortured" souls... gimme a fuckin break. Actually saw some tool at our local market thrashing paint on a canvas lying on the ground... then he spit on it, poured his beer on it, flung more paint, etc.... people were watching him like "omg... like look what hes doing" I was laughing, quite loudly, at his complete absurdity and idiocy.... and also at the idiocy of his watchers.... who are even more worthless to actually think that what he was doing was of any value.
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

PostSubject: Re: [HISTORIC ART THREAD] Counter Strike: Global Offensive   [HISTORIC ART THREAD] Counter Strike: Global Offensive - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 1:49 pm

Actually, they were probably all dumbfounded at how stupid he was.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: [HISTORIC ART THREAD] Counter Strike: Global Offensive   [HISTORIC ART THREAD] Counter Strike: Global Offensive - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 1:55 pm

no... no.... people REALLY are that fucking retarded when it comes to "art" these days.

I can somewhat appreciate well crafted art. A painting that looks like a photo... that's some skill, if not necessarily NEARLY as valuable as people make it out to be.

In music, I appreciate well constructed symphonies, tracks, and lyrics... but again.... I think it's HIGHLY overrated.

When it comes to movies and games though.... don't even try IMO. Your only goal is to be entertaining FFS.
Back to top Go down
DTECH
Master of Facts, Factual Evidence, and Facts
DTECH

PostSubject: Re: [HISTORIC ART THREAD] Counter Strike: Global Offensive   [HISTORIC ART THREAD] Counter Strike: Global Offensive - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 2:14 pm

Alyss wrote:
Art =/= artsy, retard. A blockbuster film required art, just as much as an 'artsy' film. Films and games are massively similar; we're talking about crafting an experience, and games being seen and treated as an art is a great thing.

If I take a massive green and brown diarrhea shit on your face then make it look like a smiley face is that art? Or did I just take a shit on your face and try to convince you it was art when in reality I was just using you as a toilet bowl
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: [HISTORIC ART THREAD] Counter Strike: Global Offensive   [HISTORIC ART THREAD] Counter Strike: Global Offensive - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 2:20 pm

lmao

I <3 this forum
Back to top Go down
DTECH
DTECH

PostSubject: Re: [HISTORIC ART THREAD] Counter Strike: Global Offensive   [HISTORIC ART THREAD] Counter Strike: Global Offensive - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 2:26 pm

RoninHo'in wrote:
lmao

I <3 this forum

These are the gifts I bring and share upon thee
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: [HISTORIC ART THREAD] Counter Strike: Global Offensive   [HISTORIC ART THREAD] Counter Strike: Global Offensive - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 07, 2011 3:44 pm

Yes, your being a constant reminder of how much worse life could be IS indeed a great gift....

Thank you
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

PostSubject: Re: [HISTORIC ART THREAD] Counter Strike: Global Offensive   [HISTORIC ART THREAD] Counter Strike: Global Offensive - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 6:46 am

DTECH wrote:
If I take a massive green and brown diarrhea shit on your face then make it look like a smiley face is that art? Or did I just take a shit on your face and try to convince you it was art when in reality I was just using you as a toilet bowl
People have been debating the matter for quite a while. I still think you're all viewing art in the wrong way; we're not talking about 'modern art' specifically, or stuff that's stereotypically 'artsy' - CoD is art for fucks sake.

And Ronin, if you've never got any catharsis from any film, play, book, tv show, piece of music, vidya, painting or sculpture, then you're just a faggot.
Back to top Go down
DTECH
DTECH

PostSubject: Re: [HISTORIC ART THREAD] Counter Strike: Global Offensive   [HISTORIC ART THREAD] Counter Strike: Global Offensive - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 9:02 am

Alyss wrote:
People have been debating the matter for quite a while. I still think you're all viewing art in the wrong way; we're not talking about 'modern art' specifically, or stuff that's stereotypically 'artsy' - CoD is art for fucks sake.

And Ronin, if you've never got any catharsis from any film, play, book, tv show, piece of music, vidya, painting or sculpture, then you're just a faggot.

Funny you mention CoD, cuz thats where I got my diarrhea reference from
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

PostSubject: Re: [HISTORIC ART THREAD] Counter Strike: Global Offensive   [HISTORIC ART THREAD] Counter Strike: Global Offensive - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 1:22 pm

Fuck sake.

I was eating a bowl of chocolate ice cream when i clicked this thread.

dtech you are a faggot.
Back to top Go down
DTECH
DTECH

PostSubject: Re: [HISTORIC ART THREAD] Counter Strike: Global Offensive   [HISTORIC ART THREAD] Counter Strike: Global Offensive - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 1:35 pm

gut wrote:
Fuck sake.

I was eating a bowl of chocolate ice cream when i clicked this thread.

dtech you are a faggot.
Glad to know I helped
Back to top Go down
GnarlyBromance
Admin
GnarlyBromance

PostSubject: Re: [HISTORIC ART THREAD] Counter Strike: Global Offensive   [HISTORIC ART THREAD] Counter Strike: Global Offensive - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 1:46 pm

This is rather entertaining! FROM THIS DAY FORTH! THIS THREAD SHALL BE CONSIDERED ART!!

I HAVE SPOKEN!
Back to top Go down
http://www.gametanamo.com
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: [HISTORIC ART THREAD] Counter Strike: Global Offensive   [HISTORIC ART THREAD] Counter Strike: Global Offensive - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 2:13 pm

RoninHo'in wrote:
I'm far too analytical (spell correct doesn't fucking know analytical??? added) to appreciate it whatsoever.
Most art is what you take it as at face value. I'm cynical of people adding hidden symbols, and hidden symbols on hidden symbols (Mona Lisa.) Also, as you said, I don't like adding the term "art" to things like videogames (take CoD for example.) For all I know, it could just be a government-funded program to entice kids with a romanticist story with surrealism on the side.

GnarlyBromance wrote:
FROM THIS DAY FORTH! THIS THREAD SHALL BE CONSIDERED ART!!

I HAVE SPOKEN!
Alyss, let us speak of neoclassicism.
[HISTORIC ART THREAD] Counter Strike: Global Offensive - Page 2 David-Oath_of_the_Horatii-1784
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

PostSubject: Re: [HISTORIC ART THREAD] Counter Strike: Global Offensive   [HISTORIC ART THREAD] Counter Strike: Global Offensive - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 08, 2011 7:13 pm

Neo-classicalism is bullshit. Surrealism all the way.

[HISTORIC ART THREAD] Counter Strike: Global Offensive - Page 2 L%27Ange_du_Foyeur
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

PostSubject: Re: [HISTORIC ART THREAD] Counter Strike: Global Offensive   [HISTORIC ART THREAD] Counter Strike: Global Offensive - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 2:41 am

^faggot art
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

PostSubject: Re: [HISTORIC ART THREAD] Counter Strike: Global Offensive   [HISTORIC ART THREAD] Counter Strike: Global Offensive - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 2:42 am

Skreshavik wrote:

[HISTORIC ART THREAD] Counter Strike: Global Offensive - Page 2 David-Oath_of_the_Horatii-1784

fucking badass gangster art^

This is the kind of shit I would be proud to have displayed prominently at the entrance to my Colosseum.

Or, well, its really more like a small, shitty house. But still.
Back to top Go down
TnA_Gr
Midget
TnA_Gr

PostSubject: Re: [HISTORIC ART THREAD] Counter Strike: Global Offensive   [HISTORIC ART THREAD] Counter Strike: Global Offensive - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Sep 09, 2011 8:12 am

@ Ronini: Why do you think MAME was such a success?? of course there's nostalgia for games too...

As for your opinion on art please don't confuse some modern art bs were they make a canvas with a red dot in the centre and call it art (and yeah some retards look at them with eyes wide open like they see a miracle) with real art that has so many forms... not only painting.... what do ya mean there's no art... that's a stupid thing to say...
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: [HISTORIC ART THREAD] Counter Strike: Global Offensive   [HISTORIC ART THREAD] Counter Strike: Global Offensive - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 11:00 am

Alyss wrote:
Neo-classicalism is bullshit. Surrealism all the way.
Bah, nothing but overhyped art due to someone who ate a little too much from the pretty berries from a nightshade plant.
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

PostSubject: Re: [HISTORIC ART THREAD] Counter Strike: Global Offensive   [HISTORIC ART THREAD] Counter Strike: Global Offensive - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 12:04 pm

Rubbish, surrealists are all very grounded, generally quiet people. They're just very imaginative.
Back to top Go down
AmPLiFiKaTioN
Astro Jesus
AmPLiFiKaTioN

PostSubject: Re: [HISTORIC ART THREAD] Counter Strike: Global Offensive   [HISTORIC ART THREAD] Counter Strike: Global Offensive - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 1:49 pm

[HISTORIC ART THREAD] Counter Strike: Global Offensive - Page 2 595476
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: [HISTORIC ART THREAD] Counter Strike: Global Offensive   [HISTORIC ART THREAD] Counter Strike: Global Offensive - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 2:10 pm

Alyss wrote:
Rubbish, surrealists are all very grounded, generally quiet people. They're just very imaginative.
I'd be very imaginative and quiet too if all I did was trip balls then paint it.
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

PostSubject: Re: [HISTORIC ART THREAD] Counter Strike: Global Offensive   [HISTORIC ART THREAD] Counter Strike: Global Offensive - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 3:12 pm

And how, pray, is it any weirder to paint some monster thing, than historical scenes the artist never experienced? They were probably tripping balls too.
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: [HISTORIC ART THREAD] Counter Strike: Global Offensive   [HISTORIC ART THREAD] Counter Strike: Global Offensive - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 10, 2011 3:22 pm

State of mind and technique. Neoclassicism shows use of color to attract the eye to certain parts of the painting (the father and the soldiers, in this case) and it holds a very diametrical view of the painting. The paintwork looks sculpted, holds a symmetrical appeal, and thought put into the emotion of all the characters to keep a stoic, reserved emotion. Clearly a lot of thought and effort was put into it.

Surrealism looks like somebody had a bad trip, plastered their penis with paint, then slapped it against the canvas.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [HISTORIC ART THREAD] Counter Strike: Global Offensive   [HISTORIC ART THREAD] Counter Strike: Global Offensive - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[HISTORIC ART THREAD] Counter Strike: Global Offensive
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next