A place for degenerates to shoot shit about their favorite hobby
 
HomeHomepageFAQSearchMemberlistRegisterLog in

Share | 
 

 New features/updates!

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker


Posts : 4915
Points : 5512
Reputation : -9
Join date : 2010-03-19
Age : 23
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: New features/updates!   Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:46 pm

Fido wrote:
It doesn't take any time to memorize the commands though. Like after a few uses it gets second nature just like shooting when you see someone. Wolfenstein ET also had more shit to report (like enemy undercover and so on) so they needed more things to say rather than just the basic help me commands.
FFS stop bitching.

_________________
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
avatar

Posts : 5996
Points : 6333
Reputation : 55
Join date : 2010-04-30
Age : 27
Location : California/Oregon

PostSubject: Re: New features/updates!   Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:49 pm

Spacefox, suck it up and admit defeat instead of being a bitch about it.


Last edited by Skreshavik on Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:08 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
avatar

Posts : 5464
Points : 5952
Reputation : 43
Join date : 2010-04-18

PostSubject: Re: New features/updates!   Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:02 pm

How is it bitching? I'm suggesting improvements. On the spotting thread I'm bitching, on this one I'm ridiculing DICE and PC players for settling for something that is way inferior to what it could be if they had a brain. If they take this Commo-rose to consoles it'd be great because we don't have a keyboard available but... you get my point. The only advantage PC gamers got is more buttons to hit so why not use them.
Back to top Go down
Eradicated
Murderous Crack Fiend
avatar

Posts : 1138
Points : 1214
Reputation : 28
Join date : 2010-03-23
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: New features/updates!   Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:04 pm

Fido wrote:
It doesn't take any time to memorize the commands though.
Like after a few uses it gets second nature just like shooting when you
see someone. Wolfenstein ET also had more shit to report (like enemy
undercover and so on) so they needed more things to say rather than just
the basic help me commands.
Comma rose is still quicker and easier, everything is on screen and its
only two actions, quick chat required 3 minimum. The quick chat
function is better when theres as many commands available in a game like
ET, but even then, probably less half the commands ever got properly
used in the game. Teamspeak made quickchat redundant in competitive
play, leaving only pub servers were it was actually used and most people
did not remember or even use most of the commands save the common ones
like disarm dynamite, need medic/ammo, thank you/no problem etc....

Quick chat offers more options, but you really dont need that many, and the ones you need can all be displayed on comma rose.
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
avatar

Posts : 5464
Points : 5952
Reputation : 43
Join date : 2010-04-18

PostSubject: Re: New features/updates!   Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:16 pm

The difference between one extra button to press (and these are slimy PC players with triple-jointed and finely honed/mutated gaming fingers so that's no extra time at all) is easily 100 things to say. Add another button and you get another 100 per, making it easily 1000. Doesn't matter if the majority will never use most of them because they don't have to.

You're arguing for something clearly inferior for no reason other than loyalty to DICE.
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker


Posts : 4915
Points : 5512
Reputation : -9
Join date : 2010-03-19
Age : 23
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: New features/updates!   Thu Aug 18, 2011 7:29 pm

Skreshavik wrote:
Spacefox, suck it up and admit defeat instead of being a bitch about it.
Comm-rose > Fido's imaginary system

Not to mention a radial menu is the only system that would work on consoles in the first place.

_________________
Back to top Go down
Eradicated
Murderous Crack Fiend
avatar

Posts : 1138
Points : 1214
Reputation : 28
Join date : 2010-03-23
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: New features/updates!   Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:15 pm

Are you seriously telling me that you need over 100 commands in a game?
You certainly didnt need it in Wolfenstein, and I played it both
normally and competitively. You only need a few commands, and for the
few that you do, comma rose fills the job better.

I like id than I like dice. I like RtCW and wolfenstein:et better than I
liked any of the BF games. This isnt fanboyism, its the truth.
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
avatar

Posts : 5464
Points : 5952
Reputation : 43
Join date : 2010-04-18

PostSubject: Re: New features/updates!   Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:19 pm

You don't need them but why dis something just because you don't need it? We don't need games either but they're fun as fuck to have.
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker


Posts : 4915
Points : 5512
Reputation : -9
Join date : 2010-03-19
Age : 23
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: New features/updates!   Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:22 pm

Fido wrote:
You don't need them but why dis something just because you don't need it? We don't need games either but they're fun as fuck to have.
LOLOL

You drunk?

_________________
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
avatar

Posts : 5464
Points : 5952
Reputation : 43
Join date : 2010-04-18

PostSubject: Re: New features/updates!   Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:26 pm

Huh? Why? I'm dead serious. Just because something would add to a game's enjoyment but isn't completely needed doesn't make it an extremely stupid thing to suggest. What about tanks and helis? You don't really NEED those in an FPS (see CoD) but you sure like having them, right? What about tracked stats or microphone support or multiplayer? You don't need them but they're things that add to a game.
Back to top Go down
Eradicated
Murderous Crack Fiend
avatar

Posts : 1138
Points : 1214
Reputation : 28
Join date : 2010-03-23
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: New features/updates!   Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:44 pm

Fido wrote:
Huh? Why? I'm dead serious. Just because something would
add to a game's enjoyment but isn't completely needed doesn't make it an
extremely stupid thing to suggest. What about tanks and helis? You
don't really NEED those in an FPS (see CoD) but you sure like having
them, right? What about tracked stats or microphone support or
multiplayer? You don't need them but they're things that add to a
game.
Hahahaha your starting to blow this completely out of context. Im
talking about replacing an old inefficient system with a newer more
efficient system your confusing that "remove system flat out for being
unnecessary".
Back to top Go down
Eradicated
Murderous Crack Fiend
avatar

Posts : 1138
Points : 1214
Reputation : 28
Join date : 2010-03-23
Age : 25

PostSubject: Re: New features/updates!   Thu Aug 18, 2011 8:48 pm

I cant fucking edit now, so heres a double post. Im all for adding extra features to a game, but thats not what your argument is about. Your argument is basically saying we should keep using an inferior system where only a small minority which will benefit at the expense of them majority. Its like saying game developers should hold back on utilising the modern consoles hardware power and make shit in 8 bit quality just so that one guy with a friggin Super Nintendo can still play the game.
Back to top Go down
DTECH
Master of Facts, Factual Evidence, and Facts
avatar

Posts : 4541
Points : 4745
Reputation : -115
Join date : 2010-03-19
Location : Here

PostSubject: Re: New features/updates!   Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:52 pm

RoninHo'in wrote:
Commo-rose is used to call out things that you need....

"I need a pickup!"
"I need ammo!"
"MEDIC!"

etc... instead of having to track down a medic and spam the comm button at them, you just hit the commo-rose option for what you need and the players with what you need are informed of your need and location.


Hahahahahhah who the fuck needs that, if I need something I ask my squad..... or at worst hit the select button at a random

This is for nerds that play on their own, guess thats why PC fags like it
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
avatar

Posts : 5996
Points : 6333
Reputation : 55
Join date : 2010-04-30
Age : 27
Location : California/Oregon

PostSubject: Re: New features/updates!   Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:24 pm

spacefox wrote:
Comm-rose > Fido's imaginary system
Comm-rose is shit compared to what Fido is saying (which is coincidentially on damn-near every online Valve game.) On console, I can understand, and even worked well, Ghost Recon being an example.

Besides, only poor people and Dtechs don't own mics, so this is stupid either way.
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
avatar

Posts : 5464
Points : 5952
Reputation : 43
Join date : 2010-04-18

PostSubject: Re: New features/updates!   Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:59 pm

Having more speech options hurts nobody. Hell, they can make "1" be the "common" and you can just do V-1-1 through V-1-9 for the little nooby help things.
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
avatar

Posts : 5334
Points : 5931
Reputation : 84
Join date : 2010-03-19
Age : 30
Location : A spot.

PostSubject: Re: New features/updates!   Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:09 pm

Fido wrote:
The difference between one extra button to press (and these are slimy PC players with triple-jointed and finely honed/mutated gaming fingers so that's no extra time at all) is easily 100 things to say. Add another button and you get another 100 per, making it easily 1000. Doesn't matter if the majority will never use most of them because they don't have to.

You're arguing for something clearly inferior for no reason other than loyalty to DICE.



I FOUND A FLAW. ITS A MISTAKE YOU MADE. SEE, 100 x 100 IS NOT 1,000, IT IS 10,000 YOU RETARD.



HA.



HA HA.



HURRR.
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
avatar

Posts : 5464
Points : 5952
Reputation : 43
Join date : 2010-04-18

PostSubject: Re: New features/updates!   Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:26 pm

Fuck.


Wait. I don't know. I might still be right.

V = 10 options
V + 1 = 10 options of 10
v + 1 + 1 would mean 10 options of 100.

Fuck. YOU.
Back to top Go down
DTECH
Master of Facts, Factual Evidence, and Facts
avatar

Posts : 4541
Points : 4745
Reputation : -115
Join date : 2010-03-19
Location : Here

PostSubject: Re: New features/updates!   Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:16 am

Skreshavik wrote:

Comm-rose is shit compared to what Fido is saying (which is coincidentially on damn-near every online Valve game.) On console, I can understand, and even worked well, Ghost Recon being an example.

Besides, only poor people and Dtechs don't own mics, so this is stupid either way.

Its always nice when you become an object or thing, makes me feel special
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker


Posts : 4915
Points : 5512
Reputation : -9
Join date : 2010-03-19
Age : 23
Location : Florida

PostSubject: Re: New features/updates!   Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:56 am

Lol fido your system of inifinite possibilities is pointless.

And you failed. Ijs

_________________
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
avatar

Posts : 5996
Points : 6333
Reputation : 55
Join date : 2010-04-30
Age : 27
Location : California/Oregon

PostSubject: Re: New features/updates!   Fri Aug 19, 2011 11:48 am

DTECH wrote:
Its always nice when you become an object or thing, makes me feel special
Back to top Go down
DTECH
Master of Facts, Factual Evidence, and Facts
avatar

Posts : 4541
Points : 4745
Reputation : -115
Join date : 2010-03-19
Location : Here

PostSubject: Re: New features/updates!   Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:30 pm

Skreshavik wrote:

rabbit
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
avatar

Posts : 5334
Points : 5931
Reputation : 84
Join date : 2010-03-19
Age : 30
Location : A spot.

PostSubject: Re: New features/updates!   Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:39 pm

Fido wrote:
Fuck.


Wait. I don't know. I might still be right.

V = 10 options
V + 1 = 10 options of 10
v + 1 + 1 would mean 10 options of 100.

Fuck. YOU.



In that case, the mistake you made is in saying "another 100 per" instead of "another 10 per."



Either way, I have found a flaw in your bullshit, and theres nothing you can do about it.
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
avatar

Posts : 5334
Points : 5931
Reputation : 84
Join date : 2010-03-19
Age : 30
Location : A spot.

PostSubject: Re: New features/updates!   Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:40 pm

Also, im just waiting on my brother to wake his lazy ass up, then ill be on d2.
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
avatar

Posts : 5464
Points : 5952
Reputation : 43
Join date : 2010-04-18

PostSubject: Re: New features/updates!   Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:43 pm

Alright, I'll be on whenever you get on then, gimme like 15 minutes to notice you're on though. send me periodic messages. I check for green shit when cleaning the bot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content




PostSubject: Re: New features/updates!   

Back to top Go down
 
New features/updates!
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2
 Similar topics
-
» ghost recon beta UPDATES
» Truro updates
» Past Updates to COC
» Upcoming Xbox One Updates to Fix Party Chat, Add Features
» Forza 7 Confirmed Features.

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gametanamo Gaming Community :: Games :: Gaming-
Jump to: