Gametanamo Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for degenerates to shoot shit about their favorite hobby

HomeHomepageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New features/updates!

Go down 
+8
xXJon2011Xx
RoninHo'in
Fido
DGAF
Alyss
DTECH
SomeMexicanGuy
spacefox
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

New features/updates! Empty
PostSubject: New features/updates!   New features/updates! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 1:26 am

Some newish info in, not sure if you guys already know but here ya go

Commo rose is in for the pc version
Consoles get a server browser!
3D spotting is in but no longer appears behind walls/objects
Squad members can spawn on any squad member now, not just the squad leader

What do you guys think about all this?

Last edited by spacefox on Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
SomeMexicanGuy
TL;DR
SomeMexicanGuy

PostSubject: Re: New features/updates!   New features/updates! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 2:22 am

Meh.
Back to top Go down
DTECH
Master of Facts, Factual Evidence, and Facts
DTECH

PostSubject: Re: New features/updates!   New features/updates! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 2:37 am

WTF is como rose, cant be assed to Google it
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

PostSubject: Re: New features/updates!   New features/updates! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 4:45 am

^A communications menu that resembles a rose. Allows you to spot people, call for medics/ammo, tell people where to go, etc etc etc. I personally always found it awkward and unwieldy, but the PC bums it.

New features/updates! Qrose

Last edited by Alyss on Thu Aug 18, 2011 4:47 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AlyssSilence
DGAF
Homosexual male
DGAF

PostSubject: Re: New features/updates!   New features/updates! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 4:47 am

this thread blows
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

PostSubject: Re: New features/updates!   New features/updates! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 10:48 am

DGAF wrote:
this thread blows
No you
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: New features/updates!   New features/updates! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 11:14 am

WTF that looks so fucking unhandy. Like the Oblivion menu.

What's wrong with Wolfenstein's brilliance? You hit V (or whatever you wanted) and brought up a little menu then you could hit any key and go into sub menus so for example you could be like V3FW (which you had memorized) and a Nazi voice would start yelling. Or you could hit V57 and he'd say "call me Mr. Fixit" or something. Hundreds of things available to say. And it didn't look like that. Hahah.
Back to top Go down
DTECH
Master of Facts, Factual Evidence, and Facts
DTECH

PostSubject: Re: New features/updates!   New features/updates! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 11:32 am

Alyss wrote:
^A communications menu that resembles a rose. Allows you to spot people, call for medics/ammo, tell people where to go, etc etc etc. I personally always found it awkward and unwieldy, but the PC bums it.

New features/updates! Qrose

Why the fuck would anyone like such a massive screen filling POS, I think they actually did a good job of optimizing the layout on BC2 (the d-pad) for any extra add ons, just have it be a double tap on the d-pad in the direction required
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: New features/updates!   New features/updates! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 12:44 pm

Commo-rose is used to call out things that you need....

"I need a pickup!"
"I need ammo!"
"MEDIC!"

etc... instead of having to track down a medic and spam the comm button at them, you just hit the commo-rose option for what you need and the players with what you need are informed of your need and location.
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: New features/updates!   New features/updates! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 1:12 pm

Yeah but that seems like an extremely un-streamlined way to do it. Hitting "V" in Wolfenstein ET popped this up:

New features/updates! 65583_1
and then for example if you hit 2 for requests you'd see:
New features/updates! 65583_2

So you could hit V-2-1 very fast and say "Revive me!"

Mods added hundreds of other things you could say, so you could be like "V-3-6-6-2-1-6" and be like "Go eat midget dick in hell" and other very specific things.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: New features/updates!   New features/updates! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 1:56 pm

Radials are pretty quick and easy to use... and if we're talking about gamepads... really the ONLY way for it to work....

course, commo-rose isn't confirmed for console yet...

One can only hope.

Tap back/select for spot/context sensitive comms... press and hold pulls up radial. Highlight with RS and release to select. Could easily fit 6-8 options on the radial, with the left and right triggers offering 4 alternate radial menus.

So, for example... you could have the right bumper be a custom text message, plug in "Go eat a midget dick" for up right, and then to use it press and hold back/select, press and hold right bumper, push up-right on RS, release back/select... and blam... told you're worthless gunner to go eat a midget dick.

I really doubt they'd need 30 commands (6 per radial, with 4 alternate radials) so console could easily support a commo-rose....
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

PostSubject: Re: New features/updates!   New features/updates! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 2:00 pm

Yeah Fido that also looks like a good system, but radial menus are pretty simple too. And it may take up space but only for like 1 second.

The comm rose worked in BF2 well enough that they brought it back, just hope consoles get it too.
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: New features/updates!   New features/updates! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 2:02 pm

Well this is for PC. I don't care about console, we all have microphones so we can just say what we want. The PC guys aren't all that social and are still developing their voices so they may be ashamed of their voice and need a commo-rose. A radial would be fine for consoles but we really don't need it. But the fact that they're putting it on PC (and people are excited) is pretty odd to me because they're really limiting themselves.

I don't get why people are fine with being limited by bad design or even just on purpose. If they have a commo-rose or whatever the fuck it is, why not make it as good as it can possibly be?
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: New features/updates!   New features/updates! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 2:14 pm

I want a radial....

It would be useful to be able to call out for ammo/heal/repairs etc without having to track down the right person... just hit the command and you get lit up on their screen and then they get lit up on yours.

It would just be another means of communication with non-squad members

It's not something I'd use constantly... but asking for ammo and health? yah... I'd be all over that.

I won't be upset if it doesn't make it into console... but I would certainly appreciate it if it did.

They got server browsers... the #1 thing I wanted... so I'm stoked already
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

PostSubject: Re: New features/updates!   New features/updates! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 2:15 pm

Fido wrote:
Well this is for PC. I don't care about console, we all have microphones so we can just say what we want. The PC guys aren't all that social and are still developing their voices so they may be ashamed of their voice and need a commo-rose. A radial would be fine for consoles but we really don't need it. But the fact that they're putting it on PC (and people are excited) is pretty odd to me because they're really limiting themselves.

I don't get why people are fine with being limited by bad design or even just on purpose. If they have a commo-rose or whatever the fuck it is, why not make it as good as it can possibly be?
Are you trolling?

PC needs it more because there's 31 other players on your team, and you can only chat with the people in your squad. On consoles you're in a squad of 4 and you got 8 other teammates. It's definitely not as important.

And the comm rose system is fine, it worked great in BF2 so why change what isn't broken?
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: New features/updates!   New features/updates! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 2:38 pm

Why not improve something easily improvable?

Old lightbulbs weren't broken but they sure as fuck tried to improve them.
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

PostSubject: Re: New features/updates!   New features/updates! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 2:47 pm

Improve how?

With the Wolfenstein system?
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: New features/updates!   New features/updates! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 3:01 pm

Something other than a lame radial lol.

You got a whole keyboard and you're limiting your players to less than infinite options?
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: New features/updates!   New features/updates! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 3:07 pm

you don't really need infinite options.....

and in fact, infinite options get in the way of pairing commands with a in-game character yelling it out.

You just need to cover a spread of different conversation you need to communicate.
Back to top Go down
xXJon2011Xx
Unrestrained Psychotic Stalker
xXJon2011Xx

PostSubject: Re: New features/updates!   New features/updates! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 4:14 pm

I want commo rose, but I want squad commands more.
Back to top Go down
sPurMiN_gErMin
Lederhosen
sPurMiN_gErMin

PostSubject: Re: New features/updates!   New features/updates! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 4:23 pm

xXJon2011Xx wrote:
I want commo rose, but I want squad commands more.

Well and I want world peace and a cookie.

You dont always get what you ask for.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: New features/updates!   New features/updates! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 5:03 pm

I have cookies..... Smile

And Whirled Peas really aren't hard to make either
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: New features/updates!   New features/updates! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 5:33 pm

RoninHo'in wrote:
you don't really need infinite options.....

and in fact, infinite options get in the way of pairing commands with a in-game character yelling it out.

You just need to cover a spread of different conversation you need to communicate.

Or you could give people more options. Why do people argue against more options?
Back to top Go down
Eradicated
Murderous Crack Fiend
Eradicated

PostSubject: Re: New features/updates!   New features/updates! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 5:56 pm

DTECH wrote:

Why
the fuck would anyone like such a massive screen filling POS, I think
they actually did a good job of optimizing the layout on BC2 (the d-pad)
for any extra add ons, just have it be a double tap on the d-pad in the
direction required
Comma rose is very easy and fast to use, you only need it on your screen
for barely a second, possibly less. You bring it up, slide your mouse
from the center to the option you want, click done. Its much better than
the BC2 system because you can give specific commands to specific
people rather than whatever the game thinks you want.

As much as I liked the wolfenstein quick chat system, comma rose is
still better. With the quick chat, you have to go through more menus and
takes a fair bit of memorisation, with comma rose you can press one
button, click your command and thats it.

and dont ask me why the text has gone like that, I tried posting this message fucking 30 times and it just kept timing out.
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: New features/updates!   New features/updates! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 6:15 pm

It doesn't take any time to memorize the commands though. Like after a few uses it gets second nature just like shooting when you see someone. Wolfenstein ET also had more shit to report (like enemy undercover and so on) so they needed more things to say rather than just the basic help me commands.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New features/updates!   New features/updates! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New features/updates!
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next