Gametanamo Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for degenerates to shoot shit about their favorite hobby

HomeHomepageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

FUCKIN SERVER BROWSER CONFIRMED!!

Go down 
+7
spacefox
Alyss
monkeystoot
AmPLiFiKaTioN
DTECH
Skreshavik
RoninHo'in
11 posters
AuthorMessage
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

FUCKIN SERVER BROWSER CONFIRMED!! Empty
PostSubject: FUCKIN SERVER BROWSER CONFIRMED!!   FUCKIN SERVER BROWSER CONFIRMED!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 12:22 pm

Fuck yeah

http://twitter.com/#!/Battlefield/status/103862131119767552

Battlefield via Twitter wrote:

Great news for our console BF fans! In today's #GamesCom interviews DICE GM Karl Magnus (@L_Twin) confirms console server browser in #BF3.

cheers
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: FUCKIN SERVER BROWSER CONFIRMED!!   FUCKIN SERVER BROWSER CONFIRMED!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 12:42 pm

Took them long enough.
Back to top Go down
DTECH
Master of Facts, Factual Evidence, and Facts
DTECH

PostSubject: Re: FUCKIN SERVER BROWSER CONFIRMED!!   FUCKIN SERVER BROWSER CONFIRMED!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 12:58 pm

Sweet so Ill never have to get qscoped by a Jap or S20ed by a KSA noob on their home turfs again

Well that should help with some of the lag, now it will just be the regular shitty EA server lag.... Ill take that
Back to top Go down
AmPLiFiKaTioN
Astro Jesus
AmPLiFiKaTioN

PostSubject: Re: FUCKIN SERVER BROWSER CONFIRMED!!   FUCKIN SERVER BROWSER CONFIRMED!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 1:38 pm

FUCKIN SERVER BROWSER CONFIRMED!! 519-sweet-jesus-have-mercy-face
Back to top Go down
monkeystoot
Midget

PostSubject: Re: FUCKIN SERVER BROWSER CONFIRMED!!   FUCKIN SERVER BROWSER CONFIRMED!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 1:58 pm

wooo nice. bringing some aspects of bf2 back to the battlefield series.
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

PostSubject: Re: FUCKIN SERVER BROWSER CONFIRMED!!   FUCKIN SERVER BROWSER CONFIRMED!! Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 4:53 pm

^Captain Sarcasm, reporting in.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AlyssSilence
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

PostSubject: Re: FUCKIN SERVER BROWSER CONFIRMED!!   FUCKIN SERVER BROWSER CONFIRMED!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 10:48 am

Haha I hadnt seen this topic.

Yeah I'm pretty ecstatic about this.
Back to top Go down
GorillazInm1st
TITS or GTFO
GorillazInm1st

PostSubject: Re: FUCKIN SERVER BROWSER CONFIRMED!!   FUCKIN SERVER BROWSER CONFIRMED!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 2:27 pm

spacefox wrote:
I'm pretty much a homosexual cousin fucker.
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

PostSubject: Re: FUCKIN SERVER BROWSER CONFIRMED!!   FUCKIN SERVER BROWSER CONFIRMED!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 2:51 pm

Homosexual/cousin fucker.

I change it up every now and then. I dont fuck my male cousins man, that's just wrong.
Back to top Go down
monkeystoot
Midget

PostSubject: Re: FUCKIN SERVER BROWSER CONFIRMED!!   FUCKIN SERVER BROWSER CONFIRMED!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 5:11 pm

Alyss wrote:
No, not sarcastic at all. This was an option in MC, and I'm glad they brought it back to the battlefield series.

I would start shitting myself out of joy if they made in-game clan support. That doesn't look likely though.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: FUCKIN SERVER BROWSER CONFIRMED!!   FUCKIN SERVER BROWSER CONFIRMED!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 5:22 pm

monkeystoot wrote:
Alyss wrote:
No, not sarcastic at all. This was an option in MC, and I'm glad they brought it back to the battlefield series.

I would start shitting myself out of joy if they made in-game clan support. That doesn't look likely though.

oh?

It will have battlelog built into the console version (not full featured.. .but there) and battlelog supports "Platoons"

Additionally there will be private matches...

I imagine there will be some form of lobby on the battlelog (might need PC next to you) where you can set up clan battles.
Back to top Go down
monkeystoot
Midget

PostSubject: Re: FUCKIN SERVER BROWSER CONFIRMED!!   FUCKIN SERVER BROWSER CONFIRMED!! Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 7:44 pm

Nah, my man. While that sounds awesome as well, BF2MC's clan support was far beyond that. You could challenge other clans that you know or just join a match against a random clan. But the game itself tracked your clan's stats which was so brilliant about it. I don't wanna use GB or a similar site with an annoying community I would have to put up with in order to play a match. I'd much rather just get a couple clanmates on the console and hit "find server."
Back to top Go down
xALIENAx
Completely Sane and Normal Individual
xALIENAx

PostSubject: Re: FUCKIN SERVER BROWSER CONFIRMED!!   FUCKIN SERVER BROWSER CONFIRMED!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 12:09 pm

monkeystoot wrote:
hit "find server."
This is the mentality that's slowly ruining gaming and resulting in less and less features and more and more simplistic bullshit.

1. Open browser
2. Find servers by ping
3. Join a few clan owned servers and chat up members/officers
4. Arrange a time and date to do battle.

stop being fucking lazy
Back to top Go down
monkeystoot
Midget

PostSubject: Re: FUCKIN SERVER BROWSER CONFIRMED!!   FUCKIN SERVER BROWSER CONFIRMED!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 1:08 pm

xALIENAx wrote:

This is the mentality that's slowly ruining gaming and resulting in less and less features and more and more simplistic bullshit.

1. Open browser
2. Find servers by ping

3. Join a few clan owned servers and chat up members/officers
4. Arrange a time and date to do battle.

stop being fucking lazy
What? Dice took out the clan-support features, therefore they are making the game have less features, not me. In-game clan support means more features. Using Gamebattles means less features and "more simplistic bullshit."

And if you mean the server browser is going to include clan-owned servers... you're wrong. This isn't PC we're talking about, this is consoles. There's no user-owned servers on consoles, well at least in BF2MC there weren't. You were just able to choose a server based on map, player count, and ping.

P.S. You're a man
Back to top Go down
DTECH
Master of Facts, Factual Evidence, and Facts
DTECH

PostSubject: Re: FUCKIN SERVER BROWSER CONFIRMED!!   FUCKIN SERVER BROWSER CONFIRMED!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 1:32 pm

monkeystoot wrote:

What? Dice took out the clan-support features, therefore they are making the game have less features, not me. In-game clan support means more features. Using Gamebattles means less features and "more simplistic bullshit."

And if you mean the server browser is going to include clan-owned servers... you're wrong. This isn't PC we're talking about, this is consoles. There's no user-owned servers on consoles, well at least in BF2MC there weren't. You were just able to choose a server based on map, player count, and ping.

P.S. You're a man

LMAO what a way to finish it off lol
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: FUCKIN SERVER BROWSER CONFIRMED!!   FUCKIN SERVER BROWSER CONFIRMED!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 1:33 pm

"Platoons" still sounds like clans to me....
Back to top Go down
monkeystoot
Midget

PostSubject: Re: FUCKIN SERVER BROWSER CONFIRMED!!   FUCKIN SERVER BROWSER CONFIRMED!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 2:06 pm

There isn't too much info out for these platoons, but remember when Dice first announced clan tags in BC2? Everyone though that meant in-game clan support. Nahhh, not even close. BC2 was a lot more "clan-friendly" (when setting up matches, although there are still a ton of player drops and disconnects) than BC1, but what does that accomplish? BC1 was terrible for clans, you have to empty out a server then have to worry about making sure people get on the right teams.

It's a shame you guys aren't able to see what Dice did with BF2 for clan support on consoles. It would be awesome to bring that back but vaguely referencing "platoons" or clan tags doesn't sound promising for clan support.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: FUCKIN SERVER BROWSER CONFIRMED!!   FUCKIN SERVER BROWSER CONFIRMED!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 2:10 pm

"Clan Tags" implies nothing but 3-4 characters before your name

"Platoons" on Battlelog implies some sort of organization of groups of people.
Back to top Go down
monkeystoot
Midget

PostSubject: Re: FUCKIN SERVER BROWSER CONFIRMED!!   FUCKIN SERVER BROWSER CONFIRMED!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 2:14 pm

If it's on battlelog, how is it in-game support? It's basically Gamebattles but only dedicated to BF3.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: FUCKIN SERVER BROWSER CONFIRMED!!   FUCKIN SERVER BROWSER CONFIRMED!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 2:35 pm

Battlelog is also built into the game... though how much is built into the console version is hard to say.

http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/6236907.page#14333054

You could sign my petition :-)
Back to top Go down
xXJon2011Xx
Unrestrained Psychotic Stalker
xXJon2011Xx

PostSubject: Re: FUCKIN SERVER BROWSER CONFIRMED!!   FUCKIN SERVER BROWSER CONFIRMED!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 2:44 pm

Server browser win.
We might get commo rose too.(might have been confirmed this morning)
Back to top Go down
monkeystoot
Midget

PostSubject: Re: FUCKIN SERVER BROWSER CONFIRMED!!   FUCKIN SERVER BROWSER CONFIRMED!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 3:10 pm

Yeah that option sounds great. And thats almost exactly what bf2mc offered on consoles. The only big difference is that bf2 had capture the flag, which is an awesome game mode - especially with vehicles - but that game mode is more suited for 4v4s or less. 8+ players is perfect for conquest and rush though. And just to clear thongs up, there was server browsing for clan battles and public matches. Not sue if I made that clear before.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: FUCKIN SERVER BROWSER CONFIRMED!!   FUCKIN SERVER BROWSER CONFIRMED!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 3:11 pm

xXJon2011Xx wrote:
Server browser win.
We might get commo rose too.(might have been confirmed this morning)

I hope so... I've been tweeting them every other week or so with how to implement it Razz

Commo-Rose >> Fucking scoreboard....

Back to top Go down
VILE
God Damn Mother Fucking VILE
VILE

PostSubject: Re: FUCKIN SERVER BROWSER CONFIRMED!!   FUCKIN SERVER BROWSER CONFIRMED!! Icon_minitimeFri Aug 19, 2011 3:43 pm

This is great news, I'll seek out the shittiest ping I can find, for the authentic EA experience....

Hopefully I can create a whole platoon of my own, consisting of just me with variations of my name..sweet
Back to top Go down
xALIENAx
Completely Sane and Normal Individual
xALIENAx

PostSubject: Re: FUCKIN SERVER BROWSER CONFIRMED!!   FUCKIN SERVER BROWSER CONFIRMED!! Icon_minitimeSat Aug 20, 2011 8:43 am

monkeystoot wrote:

P.S. You're a man

It's a very small leap to server rentals once you have the browser. a fair few games on PS2 had it (of course you had to MANAGE the server thru your PC via a browser based control panel or a client program like Procon/RCON.) IDK much about BFMC since i had the real thing (BF2), but i see no reason why they wouldn't allowing people to rent and run servers would only nab EA more money since they are only allowing servers thru "Hosting partners" even on PC, that means EA is getting either a percentage of rental proceeds OR they have a contract with the hosting company basically "Pay us XXXX dollars for a license to rent BF3 servers."

And PS if you actually believe those trolls i guess you really are a retard Razz
have a nice day.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FUCKIN SERVER BROWSER CONFIRMED!!   FUCKIN SERVER BROWSER CONFIRMED!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FUCKIN SERVER BROWSER CONFIRMED!!
Page 1 of 1