Gametanamo Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for degenerates to shoot shit about their favorite hobby

HomeHomepageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Minecraft Project

Go down 
+2
spacefox
Fido
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Fido
emo
Fido

Minecraft Project Empty
PostSubject: Minecraft Project   Minecraft Project Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 12:04 pm

Getting really into this now.

No cheats used... it's not my server so I couldn't if I wanted to. Every bit of cobblestone has been mined by hand. We actually had a different settlement first near the spawn, but moved to this. This is a good 10 minutes' walk from the spawn. We dug a huge, huge tunnel that ended up getting to a great clearing where we decided to build a giant wall and then build shit inside that wall.

Minecraft Project Z7O5S
This is basically the frame of what will become the castle over the next few days. The towers are 5 spaces down from the height limit, it's just a frame now but provided the perfect vantage point to see the entire construction.

Minecraft Project FPuH4
We said "we're gonna build a big wall." I cut through an entire mountain to level the inside of a wall 9 blocks wide (although hollow for now). The wall is on level ground all the way around a very large clearing (which still had 5 different terrain levels which we cleared to be as low as the wall). I incorporated a beach:

Minecraft Project Jl8ZT
Seen here from on top of the wall

Minecraft Project WPzO6
And here from the beach itself.

Minecraft Project GyQCx
You can get a feel for the enormity of the castle and wall and terrain we surrounded here. I think the wall is 10 blocks high with cobblestone floor (at the 11th block in the ground). Wood scaffolding surrounds the outside wall.

Minecraft Project YkZnC

Minecraft Project X3eqH
Some remnants of floating trees I still have to burn down, you can see it used to be a big mountain. And now it's a clearing. I'm an insomniac.

Minecraft Project 8v8Qr
Towers on 3 corners of the wall - the 4th corner is the beach and that side will feature the castle.

Minecraft Project OqRfU
Storeroom. Cobblestone box totally empty. Dirt boxes overflowing.

Minecraft Project Pd3co
Furnaces and door to shroomery
Shroomery itself is just the hollowed out big chunk of wall you see on the beach pics, it leads to a giant cave in there, shrooms planted all over the place. The other one's hollow too, that'll probably be the dungeon. Gonna trap zombies in cells and stuff.

Minecraft Project Md5a7
That's the way up to frame the castle. The way down is gravity & a used bed very close by.

Minecraft Project QJXrE
Only other above-ground buildings are the mine (ladder straight down to bedrock with a shit ton of tunnels and massive halls underground where I've harvested literally thousands of stone. Next to it is the obsidian cast.

It's only gonna get better. So far it's been mostly me working on it. Rose found the spot but has a life. Hawkeye hasn't been on since before there was even a wall. But they both helped level the ground a shitload too, that was the worst and most boring part. When we all 3 get working on it it's going to get better exponentially.
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

Minecraft Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Project   Minecraft Project Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 2:18 pm

Looks cool.

The clouds confuse me.
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

Minecraft Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Project   Minecraft Project Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 3:09 pm

Why? The tip of the towers of the castle peak just above the clouds, that's the roof of the tower. When you're inside of it you'll be right under cloud level.

Right now I'm hollowing out the basement for the castle... that entire mass has to be cleared underneath there about 15 blocks deep. Pain in the ass. I'm outta TNT too.
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

Minecraft Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Project   Minecraft Project Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 3:14 pm

In the first pic I thought they were some kind of platforms.

Question, if you build something around a cloud will it go away?
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

Minecraft Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Project   Minecraft Project Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 3:43 pm

No, clouds are just visual, you can't touch them, you fall through them, they move around, sometimes they aren't there at all.
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

Minecraft Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Project   Minecraft Project Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 4:16 pm

So you could have a cloud inside a closed structure?
Back to top Go down
DGAF
Homosexual male
DGAF

Minecraft Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Project   Minecraft Project Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 4:37 pm

SpaceFox wrote:
So you could have a cloud inside a closed structure?

yea
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

Minecraft Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Project   Minecraft Project Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 5:12 pm

Oh.

Why do I care about clouds so much?
Back to top Go down
Xycolian
Property of Gametanamo
Xycolian

Minecraft Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Project   Minecraft Project Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 6:00 pm

do you think a relatively shitty little netbook can run minecraft?
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

Minecraft Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Project   Minecraft Project Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 6:09 pm

Xycolian wrote:
No.

Mine can't. At least not with a decent framerate.
Back to top Go down
DGAF
Homosexual male
DGAF

Minecraft Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Project   Minecraft Project Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 6:11 pm

Xycolian wrote:

maybe with render distance on really low and graphics on fast, but it would be like walking around in fog lagging like a mofo

My desktop is pretty good but it lags on graphics fast and render distance far. ;(
Back to top Go down
DTECH
Master of Facts, Factual Evidence, and Facts
DTECH

Minecraft Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Project   Minecraft Project Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 6:34 pm

tldr u r a faggot
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

Minecraft Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Project   Minecraft Project Icon_minitimeSun Jul 17, 2011 11:52 pm

DTECH wrote:
tldr u r a faggot
+1

Wait it doesnt matter you have -156.
Back to top Go down
DTECH
DTECH

Minecraft Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Project   Minecraft Project Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 8:25 am

SpaceFox wrote:

+1

Wait it doesnt matter you have -156.

Meh no one actually looks at that rep shit, I didnt even know it was there till Angel pointed it out
Back to top Go down
DGAF
Homosexual male
DGAF

Minecraft Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Project   Minecraft Project Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 9:56 am

DTECH wrote:

Meh no one actually looks at that rep shit, I didnt even know it was there till Angel pointed it out

WHO THE FUCK IS ANGEL
Back to top Go down
Eradicated
Murderous Crack Fiend
Eradicated

Minecraft Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Project   Minecraft Project Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 1:53 pm

DTECH wrote:

Cool story bro.
Back to top Go down
DTECH
DTECH

Minecraft Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Project   Minecraft Project Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 4:04 pm

DGAF wrote:

WHO THE FUCK IS ANGEL

Why do YOU keep asking you know who that faggot is..... what kind of a queer would name themselves Angel when they arent a female
Back to top Go down
DGAF
Homosexual male
DGAF

Minecraft Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Project   Minecraft Project Icon_minitimeMon Jul 18, 2011 6:09 pm

DTECH wrote:

Why do YOU keep asking you know who that faggot is..... what kind of a queer would name themselves Angel when they arent a female

Oh its spacefox, thanks for clearing that up.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Minecraft Project Empty
PostSubject: Re: Minecraft Project   Minecraft Project Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Minecraft Project
Page 1 of 1