Gametanamo Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for degenerates to shoot shit about their favorite hobby

HomeHomepageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sony's New PS Vita (Previously Sony NGP)

Go down 
+5
spacefox
Xycolian
GorillazInm1st
DGAF
AmPLiFiKaTioN
9 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
AmPLiFiKaTioN
Astro Jesus
AmPLiFiKaTioN

Sony's New PS Vita (Previously Sony NGP) Empty
PostSubject: Sony's New PS Vita (Previously Sony NGP)   Sony's New PS Vita (Previously Sony NGP) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 3:41 pm

Review: http://www.engadget.com/2011/06/06/sonys-playstation-vita-first-hands-on-impressions/

Preorder: http://www.gamestop.com/psp/consoles/sony-psvita-with-wifi/91390

Estimated to come out right after Christmas, although it would be stupid of Sony to do so. I'm predicting an early to mid December release date so that $ony can cash in on the Christmas crowd. $250 is nothing for this thing. I bought my original PSP for that price. Definitely going to be a first day buy for me.
Back to top Go down
DGAF
Homosexual male
DGAF

PostSubject: Re: Sony's New PS Vita (Previously Sony NGP)   Sony's New PS Vita (Previously Sony NGP) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 3:45 pm

What are you gonna do with your dingoo?
Back to top Go down
AmPLiFiKaTioN
Astro Jesus
AmPLiFiKaTioN

PostSubject: Re: Sony's New PS Vita (Previously Sony NGP)   Sony's New PS Vita (Previously Sony NGP) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 3:50 pm

Keep it. I don't plan on hacking my Vita, but I'll still want to play older games from time to time.

It's like owning a DS and a PSP at the same time; they have different games but you'd still play both.
Back to top Go down
GorillazInm1st
TITS or GTFO
GorillazInm1st

PostSubject: Re: Sony's New PS Vita (Previously Sony NGP)   Sony's New PS Vita (Previously Sony NGP) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 5:15 pm

Sony, Sony, Sony....when will you learn? You flop in the hand-held department, and yet you keep making portable gaming machines...shouldn't even bother with it TBH.

I mean, the PSPgo came out not that long ago, and it was basically a big fuck you to loyalists of the original PSP, what with no UMD and all. And I'm sure this whole 'security breach' thing has tarnished there reputation.

My prediction: Nintendo will once again shit all over Sony in portable gaming sales.
Back to top Go down
Xycolian
Property of Gametanamo
Xycolian

PostSubject: Re: Sony's New PS Vita (Previously Sony NGP)   Sony's New PS Vita (Previously Sony NGP) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 5:45 pm

300 bucks?

no thanks... think i'd rather buy a brand new ps3 instead.

fucking retarted price...
Back to top Go down
DGAF
Homosexual male
DGAF

PostSubject: Re: Sony's New PS Vita (Previously Sony NGP)   Sony's New PS Vita (Previously Sony NGP) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 5:49 pm

Xycolian wrote:
300 bucks?

Irony at its finest.
Back to top Go down
AmPLiFiKaTioN
Astro Jesus
AmPLiFiKaTioN

PostSubject: Re: Sony's New PS Vita (Previously Sony NGP)   Sony's New PS Vita (Previously Sony NGP) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 5:53 pm

Xycolian wrote:
300 bucks?

$250 for the WiFi version, $300 for the 3G version.
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

PostSubject: Re: Sony's New PS Vita (Previously Sony NGP)   Sony's New PS Vita (Previously Sony NGP) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 5:56 pm

Yeah, there's a $250 model, pretty much the only one worth getting.

I want it, maybe not a first day buy but I'll get it. Yes the PSP Go was a fail but that's another story, PSP Go was the same shit as the original PSP but worse.

This is brand new, touch screen, PS3 level graphics, dual analog sticks. Huge potential, pretty much like playing a PS3 game in the palm of your hands.
Back to top Go down
AmPLiFiKaTioN
Astro Jesus
AmPLiFiKaTioN

PostSubject: Re: Sony's New PS Vita (Previously Sony NGP)   Sony's New PS Vita (Previously Sony NGP) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 5:58 pm

Yeah, the PSP was essentially a portable PS2 with limited options and clunky game cartridge-disc thing. The Vita seems more like a portable PS3.
Back to top Go down
Xycolian
Property of Gametanamo
Xycolian

PostSubject: Re: Sony's New PS Vita (Previously Sony NGP)   Sony's New PS Vita (Previously Sony NGP) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 6:10 pm

$300 http://www.gamestop.com/ps3/consoles/sony-playstation-3-160gb-call-of-duty-black-ops-bundle/91006

If I ever had thought for even a second of buying the vita, I'd come to my senses and realize that if I paid 50 bucks more (or 0 bucks more) that I could have a brand new 160 gig PS3 that comes with COD:BO.

Or I'd just put that 300 bucks towards a laptop for true portable gaming.
Back to top Go down
AmPLiFiKaTioN
Astro Jesus
AmPLiFiKaTioN

PostSubject: Re: Sony's New PS Vita (Previously Sony NGP)   Sony's New PS Vita (Previously Sony NGP) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 6:21 pm

No need to get all up in arms, nobody's trashing your opinion...
Back to top Go down
Xycolian
Property of Gametanamo
Xycolian

PostSubject: Re: Sony's New PS Vita (Previously Sony NGP)   Sony's New PS Vita (Previously Sony NGP) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 6:26 pm

Yeah I know... I just flip a bitch when I see a small piece of crap like that go for the same price (or more) as a major console.

Just plain stupid imo.
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: Sony's New PS Vita (Previously Sony NGP)   Sony's New PS Vita (Previously Sony NGP) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 6:39 pm

DGAF wrote:
Irony at its finest.
See how worthless it is? It's already infecting the minds that even look at it.
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

PostSubject: Re: Sony's New PS Vita (Previously Sony NGP)   Sony's New PS Vita (Previously Sony NGP) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 6:54 pm

Hahaha, dumbass. $300 can't get you a decent laptop for gaming. You can put $300 towards a laptop but you're gonna need to spend a lot fucking more, when you could just buy this for $250.

And how the fuck are laptops for "true portable gaming?". You can't put a laptop in your pocket and take it out when youre waiting for something or just want to play a bit. You cant play a real FPS on a laptop when youre on the bus or whatever the case may be. Seriously, stop being a dumbass. To enjoy PC gaming you need a fucking mouse, the trackpad is complete garbage. Gaming on laptops is retarded. It's not "portable", you can't hold it in the palm of your hands.

And laptops dont have touchscreeens, accelerometers, gyroscopes, and all the other stuff that the PS Vita has that enhance gameplay.

Get your dick out of your ass. You're complaining about a $250 piece of technology and saying that you'd rather spend much more for something that doesn't even serve the same purpose. There is no comparison.

And about it being the same price as a console (which its not, youre comparing the most expensive model to the least expensive PS3 model), how many years has the PS3 been out again? This is a new piece of tech. No shit they're not gonna price it high, cause later in the future there won't be room to lower the price as the technology gets old and still make a profit.

This thing has a lot of hardware on it to justify the price; camera, gyroscope, touchscreen, back touch pad. I mean really.. this is as low as they can possibly go, I kinda doubt they're gonna be making a huge profit off the actual system, and yet people still complain. If you're too stingy to spend $250 on a platform that has everything you need to enjoy it right away, and instead buy an $800 platform that isn't even fully portable that'll need constant upgrading... well you're one dumb ass fuck.
Back to top Go down
CptnShotgun
Eezo junkie
CptnShotgun

PostSubject: Re: Sony's New PS Vita (Previously Sony NGP)   Sony's New PS Vita (Previously Sony NGP) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 6:58 pm

SpaceFox wrote:
Hahaha, dumbass. $300 can't get you a decent laptop for gaming. You can put $300 towards a laptop but you're gonna need to spend a lot fucking more, when you could just buy this for $250.

And how the fuck are laptops for "true portable gaming?". You can't put a laptop in your pocket and take it out when youre waiting for something or just want to play a bit. You cant play a real FPS on a laptop when youre on the bus or whatever the case may be. Seriously, stop being a dumbass. To enjoy PC gaming you need a fucking mouse, the trackpad is complete garbage. Gaming on laptops is retarded. It's not "portable", you can't hold it in the palm of your hands.

And laptops dont have touchscreeens, accelerometers, gyroscopes, and all the other stuff that the PS Vita has that enhance gameplay.

Get your dick out of your ass. You're complaining about a $250 piece of technology and saying that you'd rather spend much more for something that doesn't even serve the same purpose. There is no comparison.

And about it being the same price as a console (which its not, youre comparing the most expensive model to the least expensive PS3 model), how many years has the PS3 been out again? This is a new piece of tech. No shit they're not gonna price it high, cause later in the future there won't be room to lower the price as the technology gets old and still make a profit.

This thing has a lot of hardware on it to justify the price; camera, gyroscope, touchscreen, back touch pad. I mean really.. this is as low as they can possibly go, I kinda doubt they're gonna be making a huge profit off the actual system, and yet people still complain. If you're too stingy to spend $250 on a platform that has everything you need to enjoy it right away, and instead buy an $800 platform that isn't even fully portable that'll need constant upgrading... well you're one dumb ass fuck.

Sony's New PS Vita (Previously Sony NGP) Thou_mad
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: Sony's New PS Vita (Previously Sony NGP)   Sony's New PS Vita (Previously Sony NGP) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 7:00 pm

^
Back to top Go down
Xycolian
Property of Gametanamo
Xycolian

PostSubject: Re: Sony's New PS Vita (Previously Sony NGP)   Sony's New PS Vita (Previously Sony NGP) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 7:04 pm

I lol'd

I thought I was mad.

Betta watch what I say around you sony fanboys.
Back to top Go down
DGAF
Homosexual male
DGAF

PostSubject: Re: Sony's New PS Vita (Previously Sony NGP)   Sony's New PS Vita (Previously Sony NGP) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 7:05 pm

Why you mad tho?
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

PostSubject: Re: Sony's New PS Vita (Previously Sony NGP)   Sony's New PS Vita (Previously Sony NGP) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 7:09 pm

Xycolian wrote:
I lol'd

I thought I was mad.

Betta watch what I say around you sony fanboys.
I knew I'd get that kind of reply, because you know you're wrong. It has nothing to do with Sony, youre just being retarded.

Prove me wrong.
Back to top Go down
DGAF
Homosexual male
DGAF

PostSubject: Re: Sony's New PS Vita (Previously Sony NGP)   Sony's New PS Vita (Previously Sony NGP) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 7:14 pm

SpaceFox wrote:

I knew I'd get that kind of reply, because you know you're wrong. It has nothing to do with Sony, youre just being retarded.

Prove me wrong.

3DS is a better value than the vita
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

PostSubject: Re: Sony's New PS Vita (Previously Sony NGP)   Sony's New PS Vita (Previously Sony NGP) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 7:20 pm

DGAF wrote:
SpaceFox wrote:

Prove me wrong.

3DS is a better value than the vita
Depends on whether you consider the 3D feature worth it. Without it, it's not much different from the DSi. The graphics aren't even that much better. But it's getting a lot of good games so the software alone imo makes it worth buying. The Vita imo is a bigger improvement though. What else does the 3DS even have going for it?
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: Sony's New PS Vita (Previously Sony NGP)   Sony's New PS Vita (Previously Sony NGP) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 7:39 pm

SpaceFox wrote:
Prove me wrong.
Well, for starters, he said he'd save 50 more and buy a PS3 with the CoD:BO promo instead of buying that.
Second thing is that he said put 300 towards a laptop, not buy a 300 dollar laptop.
Back to top Go down
Xycolian
Property of Gametanamo
Xycolian

PostSubject: Re: Sony's New PS Vita (Previously Sony NGP)   Sony's New PS Vita (Previously Sony NGP) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 7:44 pm

SpaceFox wrote:

Prove me wrong.

I have to say I was pretty happy with myself when I saw your rage post but anyway...

Sorry I came across as kind of a crazy fool in my rants. Basically what I meant to say was that I think the vita is an overpriced piece of junk and I won't be wasting my hard-earned money on it. You are, however, entitled to waste your money however you like.

But yeah that's just my opinion, I'm not saying that the components and technology that make up the vita aren't worth 250/300 bucks (too lazy to research the actual cost to produce it) I'm just saying I wouldn't touch that piece of shit with a 10ft pole because I don't think it's worth 250/300 bucks.

Last edited by Xycolian on Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
DGAF
Homosexual male
DGAF

PostSubject: Re: Sony's New PS Vita (Previously Sony NGP)   Sony's New PS Vita (Previously Sony NGP) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 7:47 pm

SpaceFox wrote:

Depends on whether you consider the 3D feature worth it. Without it, it's not much different from the DSi. The graphics aren't even that much better. But it's getting a lot of good games so the software alone imo makes it worth buying. The Vita imo is a bigger improvement though. What else does the 3DS even have going for it?

I was just trolling
Back to top Go down
AmPLiFiKaTioN
Astro Jesus
AmPLiFiKaTioN

PostSubject: Re: Sony's New PS Vita (Previously Sony NGP)   Sony's New PS Vita (Previously Sony NGP) Icon_minitimeTue Jun 07, 2011 7:50 pm

AmPLiFiKaTioN wrote:
No need to get all up in arms, nobody's trashing your opinion...

I stand corrected.

Way to go, Space. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Sony's New PS Vita (Previously Sony NGP)   Sony's New PS Vita (Previously Sony NGP) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sony's New PS Vita (Previously Sony NGP)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next