Gametanamo Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for degenerates to shoot shit about their favorite hobby

HomeHomepageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

new BF3 CQ idea with poll

Go down 
+7
Skreshavik
spacefox
SomeMexicanGuy
Daedra
bat
Fido
RoninHo'in
11 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

new BF3 CQ idea with poll - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: new BF3 CQ idea with poll   new BF3 CQ idea with poll - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 1:36 pm

xALIENAx wrote:
BF2 conquest PLZ.

and 100% NO WAY to OOB zones

Give me a reason why
Back to top Go down
xALIENAx
Completely Sane and Normal Individual
xALIENAx

PostSubject: Re: new BF3 CQ idea with poll   new BF3 CQ idea with poll - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 1:57 pm

It's more dynamic imho. I like the "conquest Assault" style in BF2 where one side controls everything at the start and the other must ASSAULT the map to take control. Also I often play in "no air/commander attack on Home base" servers- However if the enemy is intent on camping some times the on duty admin will allow us to go in and take out/steal assets and kill the campers
Back to top Go down
xALIENAx
xALIENAx

PostSubject: Re: new BF3 CQ idea with poll   new BF3 CQ idea with poll - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 1:58 pm

additionally, I feel that forced "protection" mechanics are exploitable, and a cheap crutch for lousy teams.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: new BF3 CQ idea with poll   new BF3 CQ idea with poll - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 2:18 pm

I feel like I also put in a # of captchas to prevent those exploits.

Killing from OOB HQ = no points... maybe even no ticket loss

Sitting in your base means you aren't taking bases, which based on my new rules will mean a quick and humiliating loss for your team (Take all bases, victory countdown starts... no need to spawn camp to drain tickets)

Not sure if you even read my post Sad Just caught onto the OOB HQ's and dismissed it.

I know just making HQ's OOB causes more problems then it solves... but I feel like those problems can be addressed.

Also, you have server admin rules to protect against stealing enemy HQ assets right? THat's the 2nd main reason for OOB HQ's... Some people complained the only way to take out a Ace pilot raping you from he air is to camp his spawn... but every map has safe repair spots away from HQ anyways! And whats worse then 1 helo you can't kill? TWO helos you can't kill.... not to mention the BEST method of taking out a superior pilot is to focus fire on it with your own helo + AA at the same time.... not camping his HQ like a fag waiting for him to repair.
Back to top Go down
xALIENAx
xALIENAx

PostSubject: Re: new BF3 CQ idea with poll   new BF3 CQ idea with poll - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 2:27 pm

RoninHo'in wrote:
I feel like I also put in a # of captchas to prevent those exploits.

Killing from OOB HQ = no points... maybe even no ticket loss

Sitting in your base means you aren't taking bases, which based on my new rules will mean a quick and humiliating loss for your team (Take all bases, victory countdown starts... no need to spawn camp to drain tickets)

Not sure if you even read my post Sad Just caught onto the OOB HQ's and dismissed it.

I know just making HQ's OOB causes more problems then it solves... but I feel like those problems can be addressed.

Also, you have server admin rules to protect against stealing enemy HQ assets right? THat's the 2nd main reason for OOB HQ's... Some people complained the only way to take out a Ace pilot raping you from he air is to camp his spawn... but every map has safe repair spots away from HQ anyways! And whats worse then 1 helo you can't kill? TWO helos you can't kill.... not to mention the BEST method of taking out a superior pilot is to focus fire on it with your own helo + AA at the same time.... not camping his HQ like a fag waiting for him to repair.
Stealing assets has long been a staple of BF. Its a TACTIC, and a very valid one. If you merely wait for the enemy to USE said asset, then destroy it in combat, it re spawns right there in his base for him to use again. If you STEAL it (and are any good at using that vehicle) you can deny him that asset for an extended period of time. (sometimes and entire round)

I like some of your proposals; no points in Base YES. No ticket loss for on Base Kills (either spawn killer or someone sniping from their own base) YES. but cutting off a part of the map to Defend the base from any incursion what so ever imho is a crutch.

You also have to realize that i am speaking from a PC player's POV. we have some additional luxuries that you don't (IE admin enforced Rules of engagement). A good example of this is how we do things on the AW warfare server... You must control at least 80% of the map before Home base attacks are allowed. Obviously, with no privately run servers console will not be able to enforce such rules, so perhaps its more valid there. I suppose its okay so long as there is an option to TURN OFF uncap OOB
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: new BF3 CQ idea with poll   new BF3 CQ idea with poll - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 2:36 pm

Someone wanna copy paste the following quote?

Ronin0ni wrote:

Might I ask what is wrong with spawn protection? What game play elements does it ruin?

Is it that you fear you won't be able to steal their helo to dominate the air with all the maps air vehicles? If you claim that it's up to the team to defend their HQ from theft... shouldn't all players be out taking flags? Doesn't everyone always complain about useless players camping HQ waiting on a vehicle? If you knew your HQ vehicles were safe from theft, you'd feel less need to camp out of battle in order to wait on it's respawn.

Is it that you enjoy the cheap thrills of killing people as they spawn?

Do you fear people will just hide in their HQ?

If it's the last one... there are no points (and maybe even no ticket loss) for kills from your HQ OOB safe area. Additionally, the Victory Countdown timer is specifically designed in order to force players out of their base or lose.

I just want to see a valid argument against the idea other then that you will miss spawn camping.... or that people for some reason deserve it. I don't have a problem getting spawn camped (unless I join into 1 of course, which is every other match the game puts me into)... I'm just looking for a way to design CQ rules that would get more players out onto the flags, into the combat zone, and playing CQ the way it's meant to be played, a contest of conquering the map... and to get rid of that bloody 15 minute wait of ticket bleed to finish a round that should have ended within a couple minutes of the 1 team being pushed back to their base.
Back to top Go down
xALIENAx
xALIENAx

PostSubject: Re: new BF3 CQ idea with poll   new BF3 CQ idea with poll - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 2:40 pm

Like i said your position is Valid, I just feel That the stealing of assets is a Long standing valid tactic and should be possible.

I'm not Saying your idea is BAD, I just dont want to have any crutches. War is WAR. No one plays fair in WAR. if you leave a tank/helo/jet/what ever at your base and i can walk right in un contested, then yes i should be able to take it and deny you that asset.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: new BF3 CQ idea with poll   new BF3 CQ idea with poll - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 2:42 pm

xALIENAx wrote:

Stealing assets has long been a staple of BF. Its a TACTIC, and a very valid one. If you merely wait for the enemy to USE said asset, then destroy it in combat, it re spawns right there in his base for him to use again. If you STEAL it (and are any good at using that vehicle) you can deny him that asset for an extended period of time. (sometimes and entire round)

I like some of your proposals; no points in Base YES. No ticket loss for on Base Kills (either spawn killer or someone sniping from their own base) YES. but cutting off a part of the map to Defend the base from any incursion what so ever imho is a crutch.

You also have to realize that i am speaking from a PC player's POV. we have some additional luxuries that you don't (IE admin enforced Rules of engagement). A good example of this is how we do things on the AW warfare server... You must control at least 80% of the map before Home base attacks are allowed. Obviously, with no privately run servers console will not be able to enforce such rules, so perhaps its more valid there. I suppose its okay so long as there is an option to TURN OFF uncap OOB

I'd like to start with I think PC Private servers should be almost virtually completely customizable and OOB HQ's should be 1 of those options. For Console, pub rooms, I think it should always be on. Console "Private Matches" could definitely use more options.

As for vehicle theft being a valid tactic.... I'm not so sure. It's not like it's hard, and to prevent it means your team needs to camp your OWN HQ in order to take vehicles the moment they spawn.... and in the case of helos, what happens is the Ace helo team kills the pilots, who respawn to wait on the helo again, the Ace team then flies over, guns em down which is stupidly easy to do, hops out, and steals it... now you've got 2 ace pilots on 1 team with no way to ever put up a proper fight against them.... they are free to harass ground troops until you trace them (oops, he just smoked) now you gotta AT-4 him which against a good pilot can be exceedingly hard (on console at least, PC mouse aim makes AT-4 easier, and your helos are also less responsive ironically enough)

I'd rather not have to worry about my HQ so that our whole team can always just worry about the main battle ground, and only spawn at HQ to take a vehicle that is sitting there waiting to be used.... That way there is less time wasted camping on vehicle respawns just to prevent something that upsets the vehicle balance on the map
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: new BF3 CQ idea with poll   new BF3 CQ idea with poll - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 2:44 pm

I should also mention I think all maps should have a minimum of 4, preferably 5 cap flags under these rules.

Since HQ's are off limits, HQ's can pretty much be excluded from being considered part of the actual battlefield. It's just a starting zone and place to grab a vehicle from.

There should ALSO be more vehicles out on the map.... have a tank depot base with a couple tanks. An air base with an extra helo or jet, jeeps and quads at every base....

these extra vehicles are how your team accrues more vehicles then the enemy... not by zipping around the action to sneak into their base and steal one. You gotta EARN it by taking the base that provides it.

Back to top Go down
xALIENAx
xALIENAx

PostSubject: Re: new BF3 CQ idea with poll   new BF3 CQ idea with poll - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 2:56 pm

I would say to that they should be USING thier vehicles. I dont know how many times on atacama ive gone to the opfor's base to find 4+ people at the heli pad with both tanks just SITTING there. the price for such in incompetence is that i jump into one of those tanks and kill 4 of them by total supprise and make off with a free tank for my team.

As i have always said, Im one of those "WookieMode" players. The enemy is the enemy, and i will use what ever is at my disposal to destroy them. some call that being a "tryhard" well if that's the case i guess i am. Im one of those people who will arm both Mcomms with 60 tickets left. turn and burn. thats how i roll. Anything Unattended is fair game Imho.

Did the germans Let the americans get off the beach at normandy before fighting? NO

Did the Japenese wait untill we were ready to defend before attacking pearl harbor? NO

Supprise attack, deception, and "base" attacks are part of warfare. Think of normandy as the ultimate RL spawn camp. It happens, be prepared for it or pay the price.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: new BF3 CQ idea with poll   new BF3 CQ idea with poll - Page 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jun 03, 2011 3:01 pm

I'm sick of ppl camping HQ's which aren't even part of the real battlefield...

We'll be down 2-1 flags and we'll have 4 guys in the enemy HQ waiting on a chopper respawn that's still buzzing around harassing me.... another 2 guys at our own HQ trying to get our helo up but getting pwned on takeoff every time.... leaving me and 2-3 others to try and keep our 1 flag while attempting to take a 2nd against their full team
Back to top Go down
DTECH
Master of Facts, Factual Evidence, and Facts
DTECH

PostSubject: Re: new BF3 CQ idea with poll   new BF3 CQ idea with poll - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 3:01 pm

Fix rush? Its simple, get rid of the BC2 version and bring back the BC1 version minimal choke points no spawn protection..... voila

I loved BC1 rush, thought it was better then BC1 CQ, this time around rush is a massive rotting eagle turd
Back to top Go down
GnarlyBromance
Admin
GnarlyBromance

PostSubject: Re: new BF3 CQ idea with poll   new BF3 CQ idea with poll - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 04, 2011 8:35 pm

I want to just go back to the old way of "Assault Conquest" which it will and should at least for the maps like Karkand.

It is better than rush by a long shot, and ads a different dynamic.

1 team has a starting base and needs to push through a series of capture points, while the other team defends them and has no locked in base. On a ticket system just like conquest.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gametanamo.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: new BF3 CQ idea with poll   new BF3 CQ idea with poll - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

new BF3 CQ idea with poll
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2