Gametanamo Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for degenerates to shoot shit about their favorite hobby

HomeHomepageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Side-by-Side Video Comparison of weapons

Go down 
+8
Daedra
Fido
spacefox
RoninHo'in
St NickelStew
DTECH
Alyss
leblackdragon
12 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
leblackdragon
Midget
leblackdragon

Side-by-Side Video Comparison of weapons Empty
PostSubject: Side-by-Side Video Comparison of weapons   Side-by-Side Video Comparison of weapons Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 2:51 am

Sniper Rifles:
I've been wanting to do this since forever! Better late than never I guess. Self-explanatory, bolt-action sniper rifles chambering and reload comparison side-by-side.
snippy riffle Video Comparison

One of the reasons I wanted to do this is because people keep saying the GOL has the fastest chambering of the lot!... It does have the fastest reload though.

Shotguns:
Shotgun Video Comparison

Four shots followed by a reload that gets cut-off for another reload with completed animation. This routine is to demonstrate how fast you can cancel the reload animation without resorting to the quick-switching trick.
I'm really surprised by the results. The shotguns are pretty much identical with the exceptions of the fourth "guest" appearance!

MMN Spec:
Just a quick test before I go through all the AR's and LMG's. A side-by-side comparison of the AEK-971 with and without the MMN AR spec:
MMN-AR Spec on AEK-971 comparison

Also, an image comparing all the AR's while standing and walking, with and without MMN-AR equiped. The numbers by the cross-hairs represent the inner pixel width (yellow box). Check out the beastly F2000!!!
Side-by-Side Video Comparison of weapons Mmn-ar-s
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

PostSubject: Re: Side-by-Side Video Comparison of weapons   Side-by-Side Video Comparison of weapons Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 6:11 am

leblackdragon wrote:
Sniper Rifles:
I've been wanting to do this since forever! Better late than never I guess. Self-explanatory, bolt-action sniper rifles chambering and reload comparison side-by-side.
Only a moron would sit through the entire reload animation of a snippy riffle. As soon as the ammo counter changes you double-switch and save yourself a few seconds. Either way, the SV98 outstrips everything else in terms of speed, particularly when you bear in mind that it has a 10 round magazine.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AlyssSilence
DTECH
Master of Facts, Factual Evidence, and Facts
DTECH

PostSubject: Re: Side-by-Side Video Comparison of weapons   Side-by-Side Video Comparison of weapons Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 8:47 am

Pretty cool stuff, I'm gonna try MMN with the F2K, so how it works out.
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

PostSubject: Re: Side-by-Side Video Comparison of weapons   Side-by-Side Video Comparison of weapons Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 9:13 am

^Did you not know that already? The spread for the F2000 has been tiny since the last patch. I generally don't feel that MMN is worth it with any gun, since that spread will rocket outwards once you start firing, even if it starts small.
Back to top Go down
DTECH
Master of Facts, Factual Evidence, and Facts
DTECH

PostSubject: Re: Side-by-Side Video Comparison of weapons   Side-by-Side Video Comparison of weapons Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 9:20 am

Alyss wrote:
^Did you not know that already? The spread for the F2000 has been tiny since the last patch. I generally don't feel that MMN is worth it with any gun, since that spread will rocket outwards once you start firing, even if it starts small.

^ No I did not know that already. I have no clue about anything in this game. I'm the type that puts the disc in and plays, For example before the PSN went down I decided to try the M16, the gun is fucking beast, people were telling me it was even better pre patch. Same with the M1 that shit is an animal gun. I had a game a couple of weeks ago where the servers reset the stats, all the weapons came back right away, too bad I didn't notice that and was getting shit on by everyone since I played with the base guns and no unlocks for 2 full rounds. Teeth
Back to top Go down
St NickelStew
Midget
St NickelStew

PostSubject: Re: Side-by-Side Video Comparison of weapons   Side-by-Side Video Comparison of weapons Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 9:25 am

Alyss wrote:
Only a moron would sit through the entire reload animation of a snippy riffle. As soon as the ammo counter changes you double-switch and save yourself a few seconds. Either way, the SV98 outstrips everything else in terms of speed, particularly when you bear in mind that it has a 10 round magazine.

Just your friendly. neighborhood moron, stopping by to say hello ...

Side-by-Side Video Comparison of weapons 132638457
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

PostSubject: Re: Side-by-Side Video Comparison of weapons   Side-by-Side Video Comparison of weapons Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 10:32 am

Yeesh, Nicklestew I thought better of you! Have you really been letting the whole damn reload animation play? It wastes so much time! What about double-switching the shotguns in between shots, you know about that one?
Back to top Go down
St NickelStew
Midget
St NickelStew

PostSubject: Re: Side-by-Side Video Comparison of weapons   Side-by-Side Video Comparison of weapons Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 10:42 am

Yes, I know about it, and really tried using it just once or twice,

But I just rarely use shotguns, and much more rarely the recon kit. And when I do use the recon kit, I often use all-kit weapons (the Tommy on Vietnam has recently been a fav). Mostly I play Medic and Engineer.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Side-by-Side Video Comparison of weapons   Side-by-Side Video Comparison of weapons Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 11:56 am

I let shotguns pump... I don't quickswitch em...

quick reload I use tho... really comes in handy with LMG's too for that matter *cough*nickle*cough*

Quick reload also makes the M16 much more comparable to other AR's
Back to top Go down
St NickelStew
Midget
St NickelStew

PostSubject: Re: Side-by-Side Video Comparison of weapons   Side-by-Side Video Comparison of weapons Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 12:14 pm

Ha! Are you suggesting I use LMGs ?!? Razz
(Alyss is really going to begin disliking me.)

Really the only weapon I have ever consistently switched out of the reload animation is for the rocket launchers. Way. Too. Slow.

Jeepers, I bet I was level 20 before I really started switching to my secondary on consistent basis. Before then I would die waiting for the reload to complete. I have really come a long way in my BF proficiency since then.
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

PostSubject: Re: Side-by-Side Video Comparison of weapons   Side-by-Side Video Comparison of weapons Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 12:20 pm

LMG medic? You're a bad person.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Side-by-Side Video Comparison of weapons   Side-by-Side Video Comparison of weapons Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 12:23 pm

I'm an LMG medic... wtf else should you use?

I love the XM8lmg personally

sometimes I'll bust out the QBU or M60 tho
Back to top Go down
St NickelStew
Midget
St NickelStew

PostSubject: Re: Side-by-Side Video Comparison of weapons   Side-by-Side Video Comparison of weapons Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 12:45 pm

I, too, am an XM8 guy. That and the MG3 are my most-used LMGs. But I have at least 2 gold stars with every one of them.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Side-by-Side Video Comparison of weapons   Side-by-Side Video Comparison of weapons Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 1:11 pm

I'll shotgun medic occasionally on certain CQC maps (Oasis/Arica namely)

but otherwise... why the fuck would you ever want G3/M14/M1A1/M1 as a medic? LMG's fuckin pwn not to mention TONS of ammo.

You can't gun down half a team without reloading with any other single weapon Razz
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

PostSubject: Re: Side-by-Side Video Comparison of weapons   Side-by-Side Video Comparison of weapons Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 1:47 pm

Doesn't make you any less of a dick.
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

PostSubject: Re: Side-by-Side Video Comparison of weapons   Side-by-Side Video Comparison of weapons Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 2:30 pm

RoninHo'in wrote:
I'm an LMG medic... wtf else should you use?

I love the XM8lmg personally

sometimes I'll bust out the QBU or M60 tho
Yessss, XM8 LMG, first weapon I Platinumed. Love it. Every now and then I'll grab the QBU also, but I can't stand the M60.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Side-by-Side Video Comparison of weapons   Side-by-Side Video Comparison of weapons Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 2:59 pm

M60 is buck... no longer omg op either, just a strong gun

@alyss, don't be a h8r. LMG's have drawbacks (namely movement penalty) and their only real advantage is the belt ammo which is good for dropping half a team at once (tho said half team has gotta suck to let you gun down 6 ppl at once without taking you down... happens a lot though)
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

PostSubject: Re: Side-by-Side Video Comparison of weapons   Side-by-Side Video Comparison of weapons Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 7:11 pm

Haters gonna hate - can't stand LMGs, and I mistrust medics on principal.
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: Side-by-Side Video Comparison of weapons   Side-by-Side Video Comparison of weapons Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 7:16 pm

Compensate for lack of ability to aim by firing a gun that doesn't require you to reload because you'll be dead before you need to. In most of their cases that holds true with a shotgun as well.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Side-by-Side Video Comparison of weapons   Side-by-Side Video Comparison of weapons Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 7:21 pm

Actually I often need to find ammo bags as medic...

also, nothing is more hilarious then running through a house spraying non stop while chasing someone... MG3 & T88 work great for that and it's just lulzy

There are tons of crap players.... whether they rely on CG (Disclaimer: I use CG on Arica for lulz) ACOG An94, 100 round belts, or camp a bush with a snippy riffle, there are simply tons of crap players.

A good medic (or 2) can easily swing the tide of battle... don't be so quick to judge. Getting those tickets back is huge, and preventing deaths in the first place with med bags also saves untold tickets
Back to top Go down
Daedra
Whilst
Whilst
Daedra

PostSubject: Re: Side-by-Side Video Comparison of weapons   Side-by-Side Video Comparison of weapons Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 7:25 pm

Minimi ftw. First (and only) weapon I have platted
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: Side-by-Side Video Comparison of weapons   Side-by-Side Video Comparison of weapons Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 7:26 pm

Those noob guns other people rely on, hah. I never use them except for lulz.
Back to top Go down
Yoshi
Gutman with a gat
Yoshi

PostSubject: Re: Side-by-Side Video Comparison of weapons   Side-by-Side Video Comparison of weapons Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 7:54 pm

always loved the PKM with lightweight and mag ammo
Back to top Go down
SomeMexicanGuy
TL;DR
SomeMexicanGuy

PostSubject: Re: Side-by-Side Video Comparison of weapons   Side-by-Side Video Comparison of weapons Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 8:07 pm

I started using the SCAR again, I'll poop on all of you medic n00bz.
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

PostSubject: Re: Side-by-Side Video Comparison of weapons   Side-by-Side Video Comparison of weapons Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 8:37 pm

RAFFICA
RAFFICA
RAFFICA
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Side-by-Side Video Comparison of weapons   Side-by-Side Video Comparison of weapons Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Side-by-Side Video Comparison of weapons
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next