Gametanamo Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for degenerates to shoot shit about their favorite hobby

HomeHomepageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Cptn, fill me on the OP characters on the EU side

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

Cptn, fill me on the OP characters on the EU side Empty
PostSubject: Cptn, fill me on the OP characters on the EU side   Cptn, fill me on the OP characters on the EU side Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 7:16 pm

Our side is:
  • Blitzcrank
  • Malphite
  • Shen

Those are the three big ones. The minor ones are
  • Darius
  • Kha'Zix
  • Jayce
  • Vi
  • Alistar
  • Lee Derp

Blitz can be countered by
1) Not picking Vayne/Ashe/Varus
2) Picking Leona or Alistar support. Both are heroes you don't want close to your ADC
3) Mummy Jungle
4) Grabbing anything fed

Malphite is
1) OP Vlad rushing a fucking Liandry's Torment
2) Tiger Stance Udyr is a fistfull of magical fuck you. Not to mention he can sustain through Malphite's poke.
3) Seriously, Vlad or Udyr wrecks Malphite's face.
4) Vi is also another champ because of her stupid armor shred and % damage

Shen is
1) Picking Malph and spamming your taunt while ulting his ult
2) Pushing to inhibitor with Yorick because Yorick is the asshole who can do that
3) Olaf is a decent choice if you have the basic cognitive function to press "E" when Shen's shield is down

Darius is simple. Don't play melee champs except Jayce and Yorick. Yorick has the combined powers of Lee Sin and Udyr regarding sustain and he can just shovelslap him and run away. Jayce can throw down a gate and disengage Darius with his knockback, then be an ass and shoot him with a Q.

Kha'Zix is just like Shaco. Don't wander in the jungle alone, don't overextend, don't wander the river alone, and don't fucking overextend. Congratulations, Kha'Zix can only farm jungle and is even worse in teamfights than Shaco. Item starved due to the lack of gold from the jungle (sub-par farming) and his Q's passive doesn't work in team fights.

You can counter Jayce with high sustain and high, early-game damage. That means Lee Sin, Udyr, and Yorick. Teemo and Cho'Gath aren't great picks against him. Jayce's combo is
auto-attack -> R -> Q -> auto-attack -> E -> R -> E/Q. Teemo only counters the two autoattacks with his blind. He doesn't stop the two Q's and the E. Cho'Gath just gets bullied early-game and still has the issue of a Jayce maxing his E with the % damage, rendering Cho'Gath in a bad position until he starts stacking magic resist and armor.

Ban Vi. Nobody likes her and she tends to smash your ADC. Otherwise pick Jax, Darius, or Riven if she's the only choice.

Alistar should always be a permaban. Always. If you have ever seen a platinum NA player called Reep, you'll see why. Massive displacement, CC you can't cleanse/reduce with tenacity, mini Malphite ult, an ult that lets you tank towers while your team dogpiles the poor bastard hiding under the tower. Alistar should just never see the light of day.

Lee Derp is a skill-based champ with a scary early-game. If he's in lane, counter with Udyr (stun then tigerdump on him whenever he jumps on a creep/you) or Jax (almost the same thing as Udyr. Stun then dump.) If he's jungle, don't over-extend. He can't carry the game by himself and his farming abilities aren't amazing.
Back to top Go down
CptnShotgun
Eezo junkie
CptnShotgun

PostSubject: Re: Cptn, fill me on the OP characters on the EU side   Cptn, fill me on the OP characters on the EU side Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 8:05 pm

Most of who you mentioned are considered "OP" on EU too, with the main focus being on Amumu and Cancerina. There's been a surge in popularity with Akali lately because retards can't buy pinks, but I just shit on her as Wukong and pray to god my team doesn't feed her afterwards (they normally do). Most people have established how to beat Darius, I tend to just bait the fucker with a red pot as Wu and keep the XP advantage. Alistar has never really been a problem except in early to mid season 2, where he was jungled constantly and every game was "First Blood" after 2 minutes.

Blitz has always been a huge problem, to the point where unless you or someone you know is bot, you can pretty much assume that Blitz will walk out 0/0/15. Malph hasn't really been picked up all that much as people have established that aiming is too hard and it's better to just walk around pressing R as Amumu whilst having the same effect.

The biggest one I have an issue with is Singed, 1:1 scaling fling and his ability to kite means he stomps pretty much all melee champs. Luckily Riot are addressing it, but they're addressing the wrong part of his kit.

I'll do an in-depth one later, but it's 12:00 and I just got out of a game where an enemy Kat was 12/0/16.
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: Cptn, fill me on the OP characters on the EU side   Cptn, fill me on the OP characters on the EU side Icon_minitimeSun Mar 17, 2013 9:17 pm

Amumu has seen constant bans in the lower elo bracket. I think it's a fair ban, especially because it's impractical to focus him, his damage is heavily cumulative, and a lucky bandage -> ult is crippling. Cancerina, heh...yea, one of those snowball champs that people don't seem to know how to play against. CC her ult, exhaust her ult, flash out of her ult, ect.

Fuck Akali lol. Lee Derp/Garen can stomp her though at any point of the game (unless she got fed,) along with anyone and a pink ward. I hate that shit with teammates sitting on her shroud. "Hurr, let's stand in Akali's shroud. Nothing bad will happen."

And that's exactly why Alistar should be permabanned. Takes out blue and runs around and gives mid or whatever lane is closet first blood, then does it again. Only way you can really stop it is to level 1 invade and hope you get enough of a lead that after he goes red that ganking a lane is suicide.

Same scenario can be applied to say...a Taric/Caitlyn lane, Thresh/Draven, or Blitz/Quinn lane. They excel at killing stuff when they catch an opponent. Unfortunately, people are mentally retarded and don't understand that you need to play aggressive but never dive comps like that.

Singed is interesting, no doubt. Definitely one of those champs you want to shut down before he gets a Catalyst and gets minion fed while spamming "/laugh". I think he's just like Mordekaiser, Irelia, and Poopy. You need to gank them early so they don't get the leg up in lane and get really scary.

Thinking of it, Eve is a common ban, too. I've just started carrying pink wards with me if I'm doing anything.
Back to top Go down
CptnShotgun
Eezo junkie
CptnShotgun

PostSubject: Re: Cptn, fill me on the OP characters on the EU side   Cptn, fill me on the OP characters on the EU side Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 1:15 pm

Singed is very similar to Garen in that you can kill him 5 times over in lane, but the moment he gets his core items he becomes an unkillable cunt, and if either gets hold of your AD carry (and they will) you're pretty much fucked. You can shut him down all you want, but he can contribute far more at 0/10/0 then any other top laner.

As for Alistar, I've found the best way to counter him (if your team has a weak lvl 1) is to ward your wraiths. Most Alistars will try for the flash headbutt over the wraith wall and then follow it up with a Pulverise, but if you can avoid dying to him early he becomes borderline useless as his clear is so fucking horrendously bad.

I don't play an awful lot of botlane if I can help it, but a good Blitz can completely zone you just from sheer pressure of the hook. If he lands it once past level 3/4, it's pretty much death unless you're Graves with 10 stacks of your passive and enough mana for Quickdraw. The problem I have with him is that he can be complete and utter shit, but if he lands on good/lucky grab late game it's game over. Same with Nidalee, she can be shit, you can dodge for fucking ever, but if you tank one spear you can't fight and they just shove your tower down. Maybe if they made Rocket Grab increase in range as you levelled it up, and made Javelin Toss actually have a significant mana cost it would reduce the spam and reward tactical play as opposed to "Mash Q and wait for the inevitable hit".
Back to top Go down
DTECH
Master of Facts, Factual Evidence, and Facts
DTECH

PostSubject: Re: Cptn, fill me on the OP characters on the EU side   Cptn, fill me on the OP characters on the EU side Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 3:58 pm

Gayest thread ever
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: Cptn, fill me on the OP characters on the EU side   Cptn, fill me on the OP characters on the EU side Icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 7:51 pm

True, but it's essentially "can I win the game before this hero gets his late-game mojo?" Shut singed down early game and he's just a squishy retard midgame, which is when you need to push the advantage unless you got a stronger late-game bruiser. Funny thing is that his Fling just got nerfed today and the tenacity removed from his ult.

Those are some bad Alistars :s...flash should never be used unless it's to pulv the target in question or the enemy team. His clear isn't that bad, either. Philosopher Alistar who maxes pulvurize can easily clear wraiths and wolves. The only issue Alistar has is that his mana sustain is utter shit. You need to roll 24/7 with a blue otherwise you'll do a gank or two then base. That or waste your mana pulvurizing and healing while you clear camps.

Blitzcrank is fine, trust me on that. You don't want to hook an Alistar/Leona.
The problem is that people don't understand how to fight blitzcrank. They fucking autolock supports like Sona, Sorakerz, Zyra, Nami, whatever. Or they lock in champs who can't escape or are extremely squishy. Hurr I are proz EZ 2 gud lolol. How many times have you seen a Sivir picked against a Blitz? Doesn't happen a lot.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Cptn, fill me on the OP characters on the EU side   Cptn, fill me on the OP characters on the EU side Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Cptn, fill me on the OP characters on the EU side
Page 1 of 1