Gametanamo Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for degenerates to shoot shit about their favorite hobby

HomeHomepageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

FREE FREE FREE!! I don't suck valves dick enough....

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
GnarlyBromance
Admin
GnarlyBromance

FREE FREE FREE!! I don't suck valves dick enough.... Empty
PostSubject: FREE FREE FREE!! I don't suck valves dick enough....   FREE FREE FREE!! I don't suck valves dick enough.... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 4:26 pm

http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2011/04/29/portal-2-dlc/

Let the micro transaction + free updates be a lesson to the rest of the gaming industry
Back to top Go down
http://www.gametanamo.com
Daedra
Whilst
Whilst
Daedra

PostSubject: Re: FREE FREE FREE!! I don't suck valves dick enough....   FREE FREE FREE!! I don't suck valves dick enough.... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 4:38 pm

Fuck yeah. Go Valve!

Now just finish Episode 3 already you lazy fucks.

And when you have done that please make a new version of Source, it really is starting to get a bit flaky.

I think the micro transactions are essential to having games on consoles. I know that M$ especially will not allow free DLC unless they also offer stuff for sale. Robot hats allows this to happen, same with DICE's SPECAT and kit unlocks.
Back to top Go down
GnarlyBromance
Admin
GnarlyBromance

PostSubject: Re: FREE FREE FREE!! I don't suck valves dick enough....   FREE FREE FREE!! I don't suck valves dick enough.... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 5:39 pm

Daedra wrote:
Fuck yeah. Go Valve!

Now just finish Episode 3 already you lazy fucks.

And when you have done that please make a new version of Source, it really is starting to get a bit flaky.

I think the micro transactions are essential to having games on consoles. I know that M$ especially will not allow free DLC unless they also offer stuff for sale. Robot hats allows this to happen, same with DICE's SPECAT and kit unlocks.

I am amazed at the level of detail they got out of Source for Portal 2. It did look good. I think DOTA 2 (and maybe episode 3...if they are doing it) will be the last game (or 2) in this version of Source. If they do any other games it will probably be in a new engine
Back to top Go down
http://www.gametanamo.com
Daedra
Whilst
Whilst
Daedra

PostSubject: Re: FREE FREE FREE!! I don't suck valves dick enough....   FREE FREE FREE!! I don't suck valves dick enough.... Icon_minitimeFri Apr 29, 2011 5:59 pm

GnarlyBromance wrote:

I am amazed at the level of detail they got out of Source for Portal 2. It did look good. I think DOTA 2 (and maybe episode 3...if they are doing it) will be the last game (or 2) in this version of Source. If they do any other games it will probably be in a new engine

Not saying it doesn't look really good but I don't think just looking good will be enough to tackle to the newest iterations wave of game engines like CryEngine, Unreal Engine, id Tech and to a different extent Frostbite (as DICE still refuse to release mod tools, let alone a full SDK).

Portal 2 was just artwork and fancy rendering, little work has been done on the main structure and using the Source SDK and playing Garry's Mod especially show just how flaky Source is becoming, just loads and loads of things tacked on over time. I do understand that it was built to be modular but there is a limit of how much you can keep tacking onto a game engine before it starts to being to strain and break under the pressure (the "IW" engine is a perfect example).

I believe that Valve have it in them to create a truly great engine from scratch (instead of the Quake engine Source is based on) but they really should debut something like that at the release of an important game like Half Life 3 which would make sense (HL was GoldSRC, HL2 was Source etc.)

However if I properly look at this using current Valve time estimates then I estimate we won't see a new version of Source until 2046
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FREE FREE FREE!! I don't suck valves dick enough....   FREE FREE FREE!! I don't suck valves dick enough.... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FREE FREE FREE!! I don't suck valves dick enough....
Page 1 of 1