Gametanamo Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for degenerates to shoot shit about their favorite hobby

HomeHomepageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

So I was wh0ring the Parrot drone.

Go down 
+11
spacefox
Hawk
Skreshavik
Killzone_Kid
Eradicated
Fido
RoninHo'in
ShowyAsh
VILE
CptnShotgun
bat
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

So I was wh0ring the Parrot drone. Empty
PostSubject: So I was wh0ring the Parrot drone.   So I was wh0ring the Parrot drone. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 2:50 am

Its quite fun.

I run parrot drone religiously on the sniper map (Angel island I think its called.... SOOO many snipers..)

Usually I will win because I light everyone up. Most times a parrot drone is up, they seem to light up 2 or 3 guys at the most, or they will light up one single sniper way off in the middle of butt-fuck nowhere.

Not me. I WHORE that thing. I keep AT LEAST 8 people lit up at all times. Usually more. If there are enemies at a base (I only play Ground Control) thats where I am, keeping them all lit. Otherwise, Im around their spawn and the sniper hills, lighting them up. Usually end up suiciding so I can use back to back apaches and tanks and stuff about halfway through the game, with which I rape them mercilessly.

so ANYWAY.... on with the story.

I was whoring the parrot on the sniper map, concentrating on the bases and occasionally swooping over the sniper hill to light up 2 or 3 guys, when I noticed one intrepid individual name Xcheetosx or some sh1t like that make his way up to the sniper hill right near their spawn. Right about that time their team had been completely wiped out by some cataclysm apparently, as they all started spawning back there. And I lit them up.

I sh1t you not, this one dude wiped out their entire team twice over. They came from both sides of him, they came from below him, and they descended on him from above in packs of 2, 3, or 4 at a time, and I just kept lighting them up, and he killed them ALL. Over and over. It was awesome. Finally he got killed after this epic slaughter and corpse raping, Im guessing he must have ran out of ammo and not been able to grab a gun in time, it DAMN sure wasnt because they could beat him in a gunfight.

I flew my parrot back to our spawn, when he respawned, and hovered in front of him for a second.

He looked at me, and teabagged.

He FRIKKEN TEABAGGED.

It was a moment. Thats all I can say. It was a MOTHER FUCKING MOMENT when he did that. It was like I came over there, grinned, and said "yup." Then he looked back at me, grinned, and went "uh huh, yup."

Then I suicided my drone, suicided myself, respawned into an apache, raped religiously, got shot down, respawned into a scout heli, raped slightly less religiously, but still raped, and the match ended, and we won.
Back to top Go down
CptnShotgun
Eezo junkie
CptnShotgun

PostSubject: Re: So I was wh0ring the Parrot drone.   So I was wh0ring the Parrot drone. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 4:16 am

Inb4 Cool story bro or any variants.
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

PostSubject: Re: So I was wh0ring the Parrot drone.   So I was wh0ring the Parrot drone. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 4:56 am

CptnShotgun wrote:
overused meme that wont go away because of people like me

GTFO my thread with that bullshit Suspect
Back to top Go down
VILE
God Damn Mother Fucking VILE
VILE

PostSubject: Re: So I was wh0ring the Parrot drone.   So I was wh0ring the Parrot drone. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 10:09 am

buy an irl parrot drone..they're like 400 bucks and work off the iphone....also quit playing homefront, since i dont have it and wont be getting it after the shitty reviews.
Back to top Go down
ShowyAsh
Midget
ShowyAsh

PostSubject: Re: So I was wh0ring the Parrot drone.   So I was wh0ring the Parrot drone. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 11:28 am

how are you doing on homefront, gut? I fudge suck for some reason. Sick of getting worked by vehicles
Back to top Go down
CptnShotgun
Eezo junkie
CptnShotgun

PostSubject: Re: So I was wh0ring the Parrot drone.   So I was wh0ring the Parrot drone. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 11:29 am

VILE wrote:
buy an irl parrot drone..they're like 400 bucks and work off the iphone....also quit playing homefront, since i dont have it and wont be getting it after the shitty reviews.

Damn it, now I want a parrot drone, they sound awesome.
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

PostSubject: Re: So I was wh0ring the Parrot drone.   So I was wh0ring the Parrot drone. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 1:29 pm

@Snowy: Im not very good at it either, but Im positive with my K/D and Im always satisfied after a game. Ill never be nearly as good at it as I am at BC2, I dont think.

@Vile: I cant believe this game got bad reviews. Havent played through all the SP yet, but the multi is really cool IMO.

Back at Snowy: Ok heres what you do for massive success. First off, run the parrot drone just one match, so you can see how it works and what it does, and that will make you paranoid enough of them that you will look out for them and shoot them down, and insta-die a lot less.

Second, dont use Flak Jacket. If you use Flak Jacket every time, and you died 10 frikken times, thats 3000 BP you couldve spent on things that actually make a difference. I lose all my head-on gunfights with or without Flak Jacket, when I play, I play to flank people. Do that.

Stick with a glob of people. Striking out on your own is instant death. You might manage to get one or two guys, but you will die fast and then the looooong ass walk back to the fight from your spawn. Dont risk it. I usually stay outside the actual glob of teammates, just within shooting distance of them. Then when they run across the enemy glob, I can start picking people off and whatnot.

Never let them have vehicles. Put the Rhino drone on your up arrow and the RPG on your down arrow. When you see a hummer, use the RPG. (you get plenty of points for popping lots of hummers and its really fun and satisfying)

For everything else (ESPECIALLY air targets) use the rhino drone.

When using the rhino, RUN and HIDE from people on foot, I swear not even a direct rocket will kill a person, its anti vehile ONLY trust me guys on foot will rape your drone into nothing.

Hunt their tanks and stuff. For tanks, hide from them and keep popping them with the dumbfire rocket over and over to wear them down with your tiny drone. There isnt much they can do so its really frustrating for them. However if you DO stand out in the open with it, even the light tanks can pretty much one-shot your drone.

For aerial vehicles and drones, just keep spamming the lock-on missiles. All you do is point at them, wait a second for the box to turn red, and fire. Each time you do, it spams 4 locked missiles at once, over and over, back to back. Take down ALL their parrot drones and attack drones and whatnot, and kill ALL their helis, the rhino drone is by far the best AA I have seen in this game.

Also when using the rhino, watch out for the other drone, the one with a machine gun, that thing can actually kill you. Doesnt seem like it, but yea, dont let it see you and run if it chases you. Use lock-on missiles vs it, its pointless and difficult to try and snipe it with the dumbfire rocket.

Id tell you all about using the Parrot as well, but if you already read my cool story then you know what you need to know about that.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: So I was wh0ring the Parrot drone.   So I was wh0ring the Parrot drone. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 1:43 pm

Wanna be an uber camper?

Take the OHK sniper IR rifle, Parrot drone, and then w/e u want (Air strike isn't a bad option)

now hide on a roof, or hill.... send up parrot drone.

Pro Tip: You can swap back to your gun and leave the parrot hovering (might want to dip down on top of a roof for protection) and then use the spotted targets to easily pick out targets.

I quickly worked up to like level 6 or 7 threat doing that multiple times in 1 match. You get massive points (letting you burn points on a 1000 point airstrike to OHK their 1500 point tank, or mass slaughter a group of infantry) and annoy the piss outta everyone.

The other thing I liked doing was running around the outside of the map to enemy spawn with IR goggles.... you will find 8+ enemies hiding on their back line every time with their face down a scope or drone control.
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

PostSubject: Re: So I was wh0ring the Parrot drone.   So I was wh0ring the Parrot drone. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 2:01 pm

There is no OHK snippy riffle.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: So I was wh0ring the Parrot drone.   So I was wh0ring the Parrot drone. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 2:03 pm

have you unlocked them all?
Back to top Go down
ShowyAsh
Midget
ShowyAsh

PostSubject: Re: So I was wh0ring the Parrot drone.   So I was wh0ring the Parrot drone. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 2:16 pm

all? There's only 2. Hell the only thing I could do was snipe with the m110....but even that fell through when they started taking all of our points
Back to top Go down
ShowyAsh
Midget
ShowyAsh

PostSubject: Re: So I was wh0ring the Parrot drone.   So I was wh0ring the Parrot drone. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 2:22 pm

thanks 6ut; those are great tips. I guess I just have spend more time refining...must have only 8 hrs gametime at the most. I've been trying to lonewolf and that's damn near impossible. What gun do you use? I have been sticking to the m4 and acr
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: So I was wh0ring the Parrot drone.   So I was wh0ring the Parrot drone. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 2:27 pm

Is it fun to play? Like how's the movement? Like BC2 sluggish or CoD fast?

I might get it if it looks like enough of you play it on PS3.
Back to top Go down
Eradicated
Murderous Crack Fiend
Eradicated

PostSubject: Re: So I was wh0ring the Parrot drone.   So I was wh0ring the Parrot drone. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 6:04 pm

What fido said^^^ Im sick of BC2, and I really want to get homefront, but its getting raped in most of the reviews ive seen. From the vids ive seen, the vehicle mechanics looks sluggish and not very well designed.
Back to top Go down
Killzone_Kid
Habitual Offender

PostSubject: Re: So I was wh0ring the Parrot drone.   So I was wh0ring the Parrot drone. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 6:10 pm

Eradicated wrote:
What fido said^^^ Im sick of BC2, and I really want to get homefront, but its getting raped in most of the reviews ive seen. From the vids ive seen, the vehicle mechanics looks sluggish and not very well designed.

I trust this guy's opinion when it comes to FPS: http://symonator.com/web/news/homefront-initial-thoughts
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: So I was wh0ring the Parrot drone.   So I was wh0ring the Parrot drone. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 6:44 pm

Fido wrote:
Is it fun to play? Like how's the movement? Like BC2 sluggish or CoD fast?

I might get it if it looks like enough of you play it on PS3.
Depends. Holds a very CoD-esque sense of play on multiplayer, from leveling to shooting to classes and well...pretty much a lot of aspects of Homefront are CoD-clones. Haven't played a lot of maps, don't know if that's server-specific or the only amount they were shipped out with. There are also a very small selection of weapons, 6 assault rifles, 2 LMG's, 2 SMG's, 2 snipers, and your generic unlocks for the weapons (holograph site, RDS, ACOG, Silencer.) and only a few game modes. Is it fun? Hell yea.

Singleplayer is probably one of the betters you'll play if you like the story, but quite short (4 hours, took me about 5.) Rent it if you don't have 60 dollars to throw in a blender.
Back to top Go down
ShowyAsh
Midget
ShowyAsh

PostSubject: Re: So I was wh0ring the Parrot drone.   So I was wh0ring the Parrot drone. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 6:52 pm

it's pretty funny that everyone keeps comparing it to cod...cause the movement is not fast all. Hell it takes a good bit of assault rifle bullets to put someone down...so if anything it's more comparable to bf.
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: So I was wh0ring the Parrot drone.   So I was wh0ring the Parrot drone. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 8:18 pm

I don't know if this is making me want to get it more or less. It sounds like MAG when the graphics are described, and all the bad parts of BF and CoD mixed in together. Kinda like BC2 was, BC1 + CoD, all the bad stuff left in, all the good stuff taken out.

I would get it based on you all reviewing it saying it's fun to play... but from my point of view you guys are not much more than retards when it comes to judging games because you enjoy BC2. I have no idea what to do or who to believe.
Back to top Go down
Hawk
Hawk
Hawk

PostSubject: Re: So I was wh0ring the Parrot drone.   So I was wh0ring the Parrot drone. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 8:20 pm

I'm gonna wait 20 days. Although I'll suck compared to everyone when i get it, at least I'm not wasting a bunch of money, which as of right now I'm kinda short on.
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

PostSubject: Re: So I was wh0ring the Parrot drone.   So I was wh0ring the Parrot drone. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 8:21 pm

Hawk wrote:
I'm gonna wait 20 days. Although I'll suck compared to everyone when i get it, at least I'm not wasting a bunch of money, which as of right now I'm kinda short on.
There was a deal where it was $40, not sure if its still going on.
Back to top Go down
VILE
God Damn Mother Fucking VILE
VILE

PostSubject: Re: So I was wh0ring the Parrot drone.   So I was wh0ring the Parrot drone. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 9:01 pm

if it's like COd then I'll give it a such a wide berth I'll bump into myself....f*ck CoD and all who sail on it....

bc2 ftw
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: So I was wh0ring the Parrot drone.   So I was wh0ring the Parrot drone. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 9:04 pm

Fido wrote:
I would get it based on you all reviewing it saying it's fun to play... but from my point of view you guys are not much more than retards when it comes to judging games because you enjoy BC2. I have no idea what to do or who to believe.
What part of "rent" did your lesion-riddled mind not comprehend?
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: So I was wh0ring the Parrot drone.   So I was wh0ring the Parrot drone. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 9:39 pm

The part where the VIP code (oh, wait, it's an "online pass" now!) removes that possibility...

http://www.shacknews.com/article/67030/homefront-to-feature-thqs-online

Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: So I was wh0ring the Parrot drone.   So I was wh0ring the Parrot drone. Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 9:43 pm

EA's money-grubbing sceme, it's coming true, nuuuuuuuu...

I advise you don't buy it then and wait for something a lot better.
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

PostSubject: Re: So I was wh0ring the Parrot drone.   So I was wh0ring the Parrot drone. Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 3:15 am

Personally I dont care what any of you do.

Get it or dont get it.

Maybe u fellas should go on utube, I havent looked but Im sure there are plenty of pr0 gamerz out there making their vids so you can see how awesome/shitty/whatever you would find it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I was wh0ring the Parrot drone.   So I was wh0ring the Parrot drone. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So I was wh0ring the Parrot drone.
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gametanamo Gaming Community :: Games :: Gaming-
Jump to: