Gametanamo Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for degenerates to shoot shit about their favorite hobby

HomeHomepageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

News: Gametanamo isn't dead.

Go down 
+3
KGB_NWO
Fido
gut
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Fido
emo
Fido

News: Gametanamo isn't dead. Empty
PostSubject: News: Gametanamo isn't dead.   News: Gametanamo isn't dead. Icon_minitimeSun Jul 31, 2016 1:24 pm

I googled it, for old times' sake, mostly to find embarrassing things I said so I could delete them.

Turns out this place still exists, despite me being pretty certain I tried this a few years ago and it wasn't here. 

So we have 3 major questions:

1) Who brought it back? 
Do you need money to help host?

2) Who is still here?
How do we contact the others?

and 
3) How have you all been? 
None of you are allowed to die, you were a part of my adolescence.
Back to top Go down
gut
Top Sniper

PostSubject: Re: News: Gametanamo isn't dead.   News: Gametanamo isn't dead. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 01, 2016 7:09 am

I forgot my password to my account

And I forgot the password to that admin account we got hold of.

So I couldn't edit away all my posts, but that's ok, this place isn't connected to me irl, and won't come up if an employer does an online search for me.

Oh well.

And obviously you don't have to contact me, I get an email every time a watched thread gets posted to.

Good to see you Cool
Back to top Go down
MadCunt
Property of Gametanamo
MadCunt

PostSubject: Re: News: Gametanamo isn't dead.   News: Gametanamo isn't dead. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2016 1:16 am

So, there's at least 3 of us still traversing the ether...

Has anybody kept in touch with the sheep fucker or the leprechaun?
Back to top Go down
MadCunt
Property of Gametanamo
MadCunt

PostSubject: Re: News: Gametanamo isn't dead.   News: Gametanamo isn't dead. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2016 1:37 am

1. & 2. can possibly be answered by looking at the members list...  It's sorted by most recent activity.  I'm guessing from this that Daedra brought it back..?
3. Life's been great ever since I hooked up my Cocolag.
Back to top Go down
gut
Top Sniper

PostSubject: Re: News: Gametanamo isn't dead.   News: Gametanamo isn't dead. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2016 4:51 pm

Hey Mad.

Ok, I have a theory on why the forum came back online.

"Sponsored Content." At the bottom of the thread, or bottom of the forum, whatever.

So if I owned a forum, and someone stopped paying the bills, its like, ok. Im not making money off of this person, so I should shut down the forum. But it doesnt really cost me much of anything to keep it running. So, why dont I just run it, and sell adspace?

Just a theory.

Plus, I dont think anyone wouldve consciously contacted forummotion, paid them, had the forum re-opened, without making some kind of post about it once it was re-opened.
Back to top Go down
gut
Top Sniper

PostSubject: Re: News: Gametanamo isn't dead.   News: Gametanamo isn't dead. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2016 5:04 pm

Would like to see Skresh, Dtech, pink, vile, space, hell even dgaf.

I cant even remember everyone's names anymore. I remember Darren, Simon, and Skyler (why??) but other than that, drawing blanks on names. And I knew most everyone's names lol. Damnit.

And I remember that Dtech is canadian, and he lost a bunch of weight and started making phone apps or something.

Fido did taxes for his mom or something, and comes from Belgium.

Mad, I think your from New Zealand??? Hope Im not mixing you up lol. I have really terrible long term memory. Hell this isnt even long term, this is like 3 years ago hahah

And I used to cry about getting killed in BC2, and make posts flaming people a lot. That was my thing.

Drawing so many blanks. Some people were on xbox so I never played with them, cant remember who.

Oh, and vegas 2015, I remember that. Believe it or not, I actually went, but it was entirely work related and I didnt do anything fun.
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

PostSubject: Re: News: Gametanamo isn't dead.   News: Gametanamo isn't dead. Icon_minitimeTue Aug 02, 2016 5:12 pm

ok theres my password lol.
Back to top Go down
MadCunt
Property of Gametanamo
MadCunt

PostSubject: Re: News: Gametanamo isn't dead.   News: Gametanamo isn't dead. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2016 2:57 am

Lol - your post about sums it up.  Yep, I'm from/in NZ.

Unlike you, I didn't make it to Vegas.  I actually was saving for Vegas 2015 for a while, but then a little after this place fell off the face of the planet & I lost track of everybody, it made more sense to drop it onto our mortgage - what was I thinking?!
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: News: Gametanamo isn't dead.   News: Gametanamo isn't dead. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2016 1:16 pm

HOly wtf jeebus? This is still up?

HAHA

I got a notice that a new member signed up and went to investigate.

I tried to save up for Vegas 2015, but then I got Married that July, so there went all monies.

Oh, and I have a kid now too.

I also happen to have the domain name on hold still. Was debating if I wanted to try and give this place another try but it looks like it's actually already here.

I'll see about configuring name to redirect here in the meantime... could use a better host though. This host in the meantime is free, and hey, already set up for the meanwhile.

EDIT: This site so old it still has my x360 sig... moved to PC years ago xD
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: News: Gametanamo isn't dead.   News: Gametanamo isn't dead. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2016 1:37 pm

Aaaaand

gametanamo.com now redirects here.

We'll have to come up with something better later for hosting
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: News: Gametanamo isn't dead.   News: Gametanamo isn't dead. Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2016 10:19 pm

Nice. We'll have to work on the marketing. I'm sure we can make Gametanamo accessible to the masses. Give them time. We need access to the board structure, though.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: News: Gametanamo isn't dead.   News: Gametanamo isn't dead. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2016 12:41 pm

I'm looking into new board software... I'm thinking I might go with nodeBB. (https://nodebb.org/)

I can get a host for $4/mo at A2hosting for it, the software is free, and it's built with more modern web technologies. (prolly jump up to $8/mo after initial period, but still not a lot, and use google ads for unregistered guests to maybe offset costs a little bit)

Learning NodeJS would also be good for me anyways, I'll probably start working on prototyping this weekend and see what I can do quickly. I'm very good at JavaScript so Node should be a cake walk.

I do have access to admin panel on this forum, however Gnarly, the founder with full access, doesn't even have access to the email he set this place up with, so we'll never have full control on this site. I could make some changes if a new site is going to take more than a month (I don't think it will)

Of course, all our "great" content here would go bye bye (dated AF anyways) as there's no way to export anything that's here.

I'm also going to probably "convert" a discord channel I have to be Gametanamo Discord, but I'll need to configure it to be have more levels of access, more channels, etc.
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

PostSubject: Re: News: Gametanamo isn't dead.   News: Gametanamo isn't dead. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2016 7:33 pm

Well, my 'great' content consists mostly of me talking shit, so it can go bye bye and I'll feel nothing other than mild relief, since it will go away without me having to do like Fido and go post-by-post deleting stuff  Laughing

I'll go in half-sies with you (or third-sies or fourth-sies depending on if other people insist on throwing money). Couldn't have you shouldering the burden of 4 to 8 dollars a month by yourself. Shocked
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

PostSubject: Re: News: Gametanamo isn't dead.   News: Gametanamo isn't dead. Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2016 7:35 pm

Oh and whatever it ends up being, its got to come up if someone does a search for 'gametanamo', that way if some of the other old fucks that used to haunt this place do a search, it'll come up.
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

PostSubject: Re: News: Gametanamo isn't dead.   News: Gametanamo isn't dead. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2016 2:22 am

Yeeeeah. Tell Gnarly to get that fucking access to his old email, tell him to password-guess or call customer support or something.

We'll end up needing that access. If we get the chance to roll this forum into a new one, even if we lose all the registered users, just the google query "Gametanamo" and all of the cached sites that lead to this place make it worth keeping.

As for the 8 bucks a month, seriously, if that needs to be split, put me in on that. It's gonna hurt, but I'm sure if all of us pitch in we can put in a down payment for several years, and ignore it untii then...We'll just have to subsist on ramen and hobo fellatio until we can crawl out of debt.
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

PostSubject: Re: News: Gametanamo isn't dead.   News: Gametanamo isn't dead. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2016 1:53 pm

I'm down with it, hobo fellatio and all.

So, will we remember to pay the bill again when those 'several years' are up?

And more important: who will contact all the other oldfucks?
Back to top Go down
KGB_NWO
Инструменты проектировщик

PostSubject: Re: News: Gametanamo isn't dead.   News: Gametanamo isn't dead. Icon_minitimeSun Aug 07, 2016 1:58 pm

Hey check it out simon i found the old admin account hahaha
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: News: Gametanamo isn't dead.   News: Gametanamo isn't dead. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 2:52 pm

Fido wrote:
Yeeeeah. Tell Gnarly to get that fucking access to his old email, tell him to password-guess or call customer support or something.

We'll end up needing that access. If we get the chance to roll this forum into a new one, even if we lose all the registered users, just the google query "Gametanamo" and all of the cached sites that lead to this place make it worth keeping.

As for the 8 bucks a month, seriously, if that needs to be split, put me in on that. It's gonna hurt, but I'm sure if all of us pitch in we can put in a down payment for several years, and ignore it untii then...We'll just have to subsist on ramen and hobo fellatio until we can crawl out of debt.
He can't, it was a college email address for which he no longer attends (graduated)

And as I said, I'm not worried about the costs for now. 

gametanamo.com leads here now cause I configured it to.

When we migrate to a better site, I'll disable all the sections here and just put a link here that points to the real Gametanamo just in case anyone hits any archived links pointing here. (the url gametanamo.com will obviously be on the new site)

I can't even set this place up so that it's actually "Gametanamo.com". I had to use a redirection web service (website.redirect) pointing DNS at it with the right configuration to make it resolve to this URL. It's a good stopover hack until I get a replacement configured.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: News: Gametanamo isn't dead.   News: Gametanamo isn't dead. Icon_minitimeMon Aug 08, 2016 3:02 pm

bat wrote:
Well, my 'great' content consists mostly of me talking shit, so it can go bye bye and I'll feel nothing other than mild relief, since it will go away without me having to do like Fido and go post-by-post deleting stuff  Laughing

I'll go in half-sies with you (or third-sies or fourth-sies depending on if other people insist on throwing money). Couldn't have you shouldering the burden of 4 to 8 dollars a month by yourself. Shocked
I'm relying on you talking shit Wink That's what we do here. 

I don't want to change Gametanamo, this is a place of (mostly) free speech. I will try and improve on it though.

We won't worry about deleting shit/comments/etc unless they're direct attacks (and no, I don't mean shit talking or the regular demeaning language we use with each other, you fucking cock gobbler), actual threats (Insert "I'm a fucking Navy SEAL and will kill you"), or blatant hate speech (eg; offensive expletives are fine, if some aren't encouraged, but calling for the extermination of a race is not cool)

The whole articles will just be for those who want to write up larger pieces. I, or others given admin, may even flag regular user threads as an "article" if we find the content warrants it. 

It will basically just be a restricted thread creation forum section but with full comment permissions, limiting the # of threads to ones of more substance. "Article" will most just be a tag. 

I'll be able to define exactly how it will work better once it's all set up.
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: News: Gametanamo isn't dead.   News: Gametanamo isn't dead. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2016 3:30 am

Gut, you can't forget about

Jedimindtrix
Alyss
Spacefox
Hawk
Your dad's email...
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

PostSubject: Re: News: Gametanamo isn't dead.   News: Gametanamo isn't dead. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2016 9:21 am

How many guns do you have now (rough estimate)?
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: News: Gametanamo isn't dead.   News: Gametanamo isn't dead. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2016 11:18 am

None anymore. My last purchase was a full-size, 9mm, steel-frame Jericho 941. That thing was awesome with the buttery slide action and overall balance. T'was a bit awkward to carry around because of the block trigger guard and triangular muzzle.
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

PostSubject: Re: News: Gametanamo isn't dead.   News: Gametanamo isn't dead. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2016 9:13 pm

Never heard of it. Google time.
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: News: Gametanamo isn't dead.   News: Gametanamo isn't dead. Icon_minitimeSat Sep 03, 2016 10:17 pm

It's a baby eagle
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

PostSubject: Re: News: Gametanamo isn't dead.   News: Gametanamo isn't dead. Icon_minitimeSun Sep 04, 2016 10:29 am

Looks cool. Not on my list, though. I don't guess I really want any more pistols in particular.

When you said 'none anymore', that doesn't mean you sold or otherwise lost your guns does it?

If so, sorry to hear it. Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: News: Gametanamo isn't dead.   News: Gametanamo isn't dead. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

News: Gametanamo isn't dead.
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next