Gametanamo Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for degenerates to shoot shit about their favorite hobby

HomeHomepageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Set your calendars for Friday

Go down 
+5
GnarlyBromance
DTECH
VILE
bat
RoninHo'in
9 posters
AuthorMessage
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

Set your calendars for Friday Empty
PostSubject: Set your calendars for Friday   Set your calendars for Friday Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 5:02 pm

So, they've announced it and I can finally mention it... there's going to be a tourney for War of the Roses (think medieval battlefield... PC only of course Wink ) this Friday, the 27th, in SF... and yours truly is on 1 of the teams.

Tourney set to begin at 4pm PST and will be streamed here:
http://www.twitch.tv/paradoxinteractive

I'll be taking on the likes of TotalBisquit and Angry Joe playing as a ringer for the Paradox Dev team (Called "Knights of the Noble Duck" lol).

Come watch so you can make fun of every lil mistake I make on here after Very Happy
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

PostSubject: Re: Set your calendars for Friday   Set your calendars for Friday Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 5:58 pm

Damnit someone throw me a life raft, im drowning in ungiven fucks Set your calendars for Friday 909644085
Back to top Go down
VILE
God Damn Mother Fucking VILE
VILE

PostSubject: Re: Set your calendars for Friday   Set your calendars for Friday Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 6:43 pm

gut wrote:
Damnit someone throw me a life raft, im drowning in ungiven fucks Set your calendars for Friday 909644085

It won't help you, nothing can be bothered to float.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Set your calendars for Friday   Set your calendars for Friday Icon_minitimeMon Jul 23, 2012 6:50 pm

Drown... DROWN ALL OF YOU!
Back to top Go down
DTECH
Master of Facts, Factual Evidence, and Facts
DTECH

PostSubject: Re: Set your calendars for Friday   Set your calendars for Friday Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 5:00 pm

Ok I set it Neutral
Back to top Go down
GnarlyBromance
Admin
GnarlyBromance

PostSubject: Re: Set your calendars for Friday   Set your calendars for Friday Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 5:43 pm

GET ME BETA KEY!!!
Back to top Go down
http://www.gametanamo.com
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Set your calendars for Friday   Set your calendars for Friday Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 5:56 pm

Imma try.

It's obvious they need moar testers lol

I'm gonna ask Gordon if he can hook me up with a couple spares.

Actually, since I'm probably the only player who doesn't have anyone I can practice with (the dev team is all busy this week and said they MIGHT be able to get 1 session in with me... MAYBE) I'll see if I can't get 1 or 2 so I can at least practice some 1v1 combat lol.

That or I have to hope I see some of the other tourney members on the servers at one point to play against them.... but I really don't want to give them practice against me... I want to surprise them lol
Back to top Go down
Eradicated
Murderous Crack Fiend
Eradicated

PostSubject: Re: Set your calendars for Friday   Set your calendars for Friday Icon_minitimeTue Jul 24, 2012 6:40 pm

Wouldnt mind a beta key either honin, if you can get em.
Back to top Go down
CptnShotgun
Eezo junkie
CptnShotgun

PostSubject: Re: Set your calendars for Friday   Set your calendars for Friday Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 9:07 am

If you're against Total Biscuit, you should beat him easily. The guy normally sticks to commentating for a reason.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Set your calendars for Friday   Set your calendars for Friday Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 1:41 pm

CptnShotgun wrote:
If you're against Total Biscuit, you should beat him easily. The guy normally sticks to commentating for a reason.

Yah, I've seen TB play some games, he isn't really good. Most journalists/commentators aren't. Hoping I can just faceroll em to death lol

BTW Shitnun... now that I've got my PC, you, me Gnarly, and Jon need to all squad up for some BF3 some night Very Happy
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Set your calendars for Friday   Set your calendars for Friday Icon_minitimeWed Jul 25, 2012 5:21 pm

Eradicated wrote:
Wouldnt mind a beta key either honin, if you can get em.

I'll see if I can get some keys... but I doubt I'll get many and I've already got a line of people who asked lol.

but sign up here: http://www.waroftherosesgame.com/ dafuq? hold on, gotta find the right link
EDIT fixd: http://www.waroftherosesthegame.com/

I think this weeks access is extremely limited and it won't really start till next week
Back to top Go down
GnarlyBromance
Admin
GnarlyBromance

PostSubject: Re: Set your calendars for Friday   Set your calendars for Friday Icon_minitimeThu Jul 26, 2012 8:36 am

RoninHo'in wrote:
CptnShotgun wrote:

Yah, I've seen TB play some games, he isn't really good. Most journalists/commentators aren't. Hoping I can just faceroll em to death lol

BTW Shitnun... now that I've got my PC, you, me Gnarly, and Jon need to all squad up for some BF3 some night Very Happy

yes!!! I guess i'll still play even though that other game is taking my time lol Set your calendars for Friday 339211
Back to top Go down
Hawk
Hawk
Hawk

PostSubject: Re: Set your calendars for Friday   Set your calendars for Friday Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 12:42 am

testing something...
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: Set your calendars for Friday   Set your calendars for Friday Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 9:46 am

Gnarly was talking to me about this game yesterday (bit strapped on cash, so I can't just buy it.) How is it?
Back to top Go down
CptnShotgun
Eezo junkie
CptnShotgun

PostSubject: Re: Set your calendars for Friday   Set your calendars for Friday Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 10:26 am

Skreshavik wrote:
Gnarly was talking to me about this game yesterday (bit strapped on cash, so I can't just buy it.) How is it?

Funny, he did the exact same thing to me. I'm starting to think Gnarly's a marketer for them.
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: Set your calendars for Friday   Set your calendars for Friday Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 10:45 am

Or maybe it's a great game? I cannot find much on it.
Back to top Go down
CptnShotgun
Eezo junkie
CptnShotgun

PostSubject: Re: Set your calendars for Friday   Set your calendars for Friday Icon_minitimeTue Aug 28, 2012 10:55 am

Skreshavik wrote:
Or maybe it's a great game? I cannot find much on it.

Apparently it's a lot like Mount and Blade, so I'd imagine it'd be quite fun.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Set your calendars for Friday   Set your calendars for Friday Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 2:55 pm

War of the Roses?

I'm the one who got Gnarly to buy it lol

It's awesome.

It is kinda sorta like Mount & Blade... but a bit slower and harder to connect quality hits. Also harder to parry.

It uses the same mouse controls for the directional swings, and holding it longer charges up a swing for full power (don't need to hold a LONG time, but just click slashes are weak). The developer of WotR is different from M&B... they do have the same publisher which is how they've managed to get away with copying so many mechanics Razz

Where you hit is more important than ever, AND what portion of the weapon you hit with.

Sometimes, particularly if you have 150 ping or higher, what you see and what actually happens is a lil off... you know, lag sync and all. Gotten a lil better with the beta builds over time.

It's def slower pace though... and there is no jump swinging a 2hand sword to chop a dude off a charging horse. Far more based into realistic physics than M&B was.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Set your calendars for Friday   Set your calendars for Friday Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 2:56 pm

At first reading Skreshes post I thought you were going to say Gnarly's been raving about Guild Wars 2 which he keeps telling me how awesome it is lol
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: Set your calendars for Friday   Set your calendars for Friday Icon_minitimeWed Aug 29, 2012 11:15 pm

My roommates have been saying the same to me about GWII.

So tell me more about War of the Roses. Is it like that Lord of the Rings battlefield game? Is it more like Dynasty Warriors? There's just not a lot out on this game. And Totalbiscut's review just felt...underwhelming.
Back to top Go down
GnarlyBromance
Admin
GnarlyBromance

PostSubject: Re: Set your calendars for Friday   Set your calendars for Friday Icon_minitimeSun Sep 09, 2012 10:30 pm

I just think of it as a Mid evil battlefield really.

Oh, and GW2 is a must buy... too addicting really. First MMO to breath life into the genera since WoW.
Back to top Go down
Eradicated
Murderous Crack Fiend
Eradicated

PostSubject: Re: Set your calendars for Friday   Set your calendars for Friday Icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 4:15 pm

I received a beta code for this a couple of days ago despite the beta being over for nearly two weeks. Of course I didnt know that at the time, so I installed it only to find an empty server browser.

F U paradox.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Set your calendars for Friday   Set your calendars for Friday Icon_minitimeWed Sep 19, 2012 11:44 am

lawls

You can try setting your steam beta client (under steam properties) to 'latest' and entering the password 'fatshark!'

someone said they just came bcak up last night tho I didn't check
Back to top Go down
Eradicated
Murderous Crack Fiend
Eradicated

PostSubject: Re: Set your calendars for Friday   Set your calendars for Friday Icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 5:16 am

Just found out GVD is one of the lead devs on this game. Explains why its so BF-like.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Set your calendars for Friday   Set your calendars for Friday Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Set your calendars for Friday
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gametanamo Gaming Community :: Games :: Gaming-
Jump to: