Gametanamo Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for degenerates to shoot shit about their favorite hobby

HomeHomepageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Bad Company 2

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mark!
Midget
Mark!

Bad Company 2 Empty
PostSubject: Bad Company 2   Bad Company 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 3:42 pm

Does anyone here still play BC2? I have a clan match in about 20 minutes, and play pretty much every day or two. Somehow I still love this game.

If anyone evere wants to play hit me up. The-WushBookie
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

Bad Company 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Company 2   Bad Company 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 3:53 pm

The problem I have is that everything I hate about BF3 is worse in BC2. So there's no way. Ever. I still have it but only because I haven't found anyone dumb enough to take it.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

Bad Company 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Company 2   Bad Company 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 4:31 pm

Yah, it's resale value is crap
Back to top Go down
xXJon2011Xx
Unrestrained Psychotic Stalker
xXJon2011Xx

Bad Company 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Company 2   Bad Company 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 6:36 pm

Fido wrote:
The problem I have is that everything I hate about BF3 is worse in BC2. So there's no way. Ever. I still have it but only because I haven't found anyone dumb enough to take it.
This.

BC2 - no vehicle regeneration
BF3 - superior maps
Back to top Go down
Mark!
Midget
Mark!

Bad Company 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Company 2   Bad Company 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 6:45 pm

Aww... Sad

Won the clan match 2-0. Got ace every round with over 3.0 k/d. Easy as shit haha
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

Bad Company 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Company 2   Bad Company 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 6:53 pm

xXJon2011Xx wrote:
Fido wrote:
This.

BF3 - superior maps

Play WookieMode... vehicle (and health) regen is removed.

For vehicles... holy shit. WookieMode vehicles really are. Jet's/helos need to land for repairs BEFORE getting disabled. Tanks are locked in first person view (jet's helo's too, but since their combat is between each other advantage is nullified by everyone having same restriction) so it's easier to get C4'ed

I actually am liking Hard Core more.... Everything about it except the lowered health is good IMO. Oh, and I'd like to see my ammo count but it's not really a big deal.
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

Bad Company 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Company 2   Bad Company 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 7:01 pm

I love WookieMode. Just annoying when you run out of ammo, like you said. Yesterday (non WookieMode) I went through 3 full kits + my spawned kit on ammo, only primaries. Then I died because I was basically reduced to defibbing as my only offensive weapon.
Back to top Go down
xXJon2011Xx
xXJon2011Xx

Bad Company 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Company 2   Bad Company 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 7:20 pm

RoninHo'in wrote:
xXJon2011Xx wrote:

This.

BF3 - superior maps

For vehicles... holy shit. WookieMode vehicles really are. Jet's/helos need to land for repairs BEFORE getting disabled. Tanks are locked in first person view (jet's helo's too, but since their combat is between each other advantage is nullified by everyone having same restriction) so it's easier to get C4'ed

I actually am liking Hard Core more.... Everything about it except the lowered health is good IMO. Oh, and I'd like to see my ammo count but it's not really a big deal.
BF3 still has some problems that just won't go away.

Vehicle perks, lock on weapons, vehicle disabling, autospot, easy to use mortar, vehicles having unlimited ammo...
Either way, the game can be difficult to enjoy regardless of the mode.
Back to top Go down
Mark!
Midget
Mark!

Bad Company 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Company 2   Bad Company 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 7:39 pm

xXJon2011Xx wrote:
RoninHo'in wrote:

Vehicle perks, lock on weapons, vehicle disabling, autospot, easy to use mortar, vehicles having unlimited ammo...
Either way, the game can be difficult to enjoy regardless of the mode.

That's why I stick with BC2. BF3 feels like a step back to me for some reason.

Last edited by I-_DaRkBOYY_-I on Mon Jun 25, 2012 8:48 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

Bad Company 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Company 2   Bad Company 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 8:08 pm

failquote

BF3 still > BC2 in almost every way

Kit balance is better and more defined now. Before Recons were 1 of the best anti-vehicle kits with C4 (not to mention the now non-existent C4 toss). Engineer forced to choose between ATM and Rockets effectively removed ATM's from the game for the most part. Assaults could feed themselves 40MM nades or C4.

Nah, IMO class distinction is much better defined now.

Vehicle perks are unfortunate, but aren't gamebreaking IMO. It is true that 90% of tankers/helos/jets all use the same loadout but there is room for viable customization in there. eg; helo teams can either leverage laser + GM combo, OR the gunner can take TV missile and the pilot can take some form of Radar (gunner should pretty much always have stealth). This requires more communication but can easily be more effective.

Squad perk system is both kinda cool and also kinda not. It's most definitely a disadvantage when stuck with under rank 23's (when you get sqd sprint) but it gives a method of coordination for maximizing effectiveness for squads.

Truly the only thing that really annoys me on a regular basis is the pervasiveness of lock-on weapons. They're a constant annoyance, like a fuckin gnat at a bbq... but given the amount of damage a good vehicle crew can do, I can kinda see why they did it so that the much MUCH larger quantity of no-skill players can fight back through some means. It's that "haha you can't flare this cause i'm at just the right distance" bullshit that really kills it though. (also why I use ECM as it's the only way to prevent that from happening.... if you time it right)

Mortar? Yah, it's easy to use but it's also hardly an over effective weapon system, + it's easy to counter, and they can now no longer deploy outside the enemy teams OOB.
Back to top Go down
Fido
emo
Fido

Bad Company 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Company 2   Bad Company 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 8:26 pm

Nobody uses mortar anymore from what I've seen.

Locking on sucks ass, SOFLAM should be out of the game. Or at least it should die when you make something around it explode. It takes WAY too much effort to destroy one in a heli. Flying is all about just hiding from the beeping.
Back to top Go down
xXJon2011Xx
xXJon2011Xx

Bad Company 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Company 2   Bad Company 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 8:33 pm

Fido wrote:
Nobody uses mortar anymore from what I've seen.

Locking on sucks ass, SOFLAM should be out of the game. Or at least it should die when you make something around it explode. It takes WAY too much effort to destroy one in a heli. Flying is all about just hiding from the beeping.
It's a fucking noobfest out there. Lock on weapons everywhere.
Back to top Go down
Mark!
Midget
Mark!

Bad Company 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Company 2   Bad Company 2 Icon_minitimeMon Jun 25, 2012 8:49 pm

RoninHo'in wrote:
failquote

BF3 still > BC2 in almost every way

Kit balance is better and more defined now. Before Recons were 1 of the best anti-vehicle kits with C4 (not to mention the now non-existent C4 toss). Engineer forced to choose between ATM and Rockets effectively removed ATM's from the game for the most part. Assaults could feed themselves 40MM nades or C4.

Nah, IMO class distinction is much better defined now.

Vehicle perks are unfortunate, but aren't gamebreaking IMO. It is true that 90% of tankers/helos/jets all use the same loadout but there is room for viable customization in there. eg; helo teams can either leverage laser + GM combo, OR the gunner can take TV missile and the pilot can take some form of Radar (gunner should pretty much always have stealth). This requires more communication but can easily be more effective.

Squad perk system is both kinda cool and also kinda not. It's most definitely a disadvantage when stuck with under rank 23's (when you get sqd sprint) but it gives a method of coordination for maximizing effectiveness for squads.

Truly the only thing that really annoys me on a regular basis is the pervasiveness of lock-on weapons. They're a constant annoyance, like a fuckin gnat at a bbq... but given the amount of damage a good vehicle crew can do, I can kinda see why they did it so that the much MUCH larger quantity of no-skill players can fight back through some means. It's that "haha you can't flare this cause i'm at just the right distance" bullshit that really kills it though. (also why I use ECM as it's the only way to prevent that from happening.... if you time it right)

Mortar? Yah, it's easy to use but it's also hardly an over effective weapon system, + it's easy to counter, and they can now no longer deploy outside the enemy teams OOB.

That was a fail. But yeah I don't know why I like BC2 more. I know I really hate most of the BF3 maps.
Back to top Go down
DTECH
Master of Facts, Factual Evidence, and Facts
DTECH

Bad Company 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Company 2   Bad Company 2 Icon_minitimeSun Jul 01, 2012 9:30 am

Both are shit...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Bad Company 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bad Company 2   Bad Company 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bad Company 2
Page 1 of 1