Gametanamo Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for degenerates to shoot shit about their favorite hobby

HomeHomepageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome Brethren PC Elitists!

Go down 
+2
CptnShotgun
RoninHo'in
6 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

Welcome Brethren PC Elitists! - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Welcome Brethren PC Elitists!   Welcome Brethren PC Elitists! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 3:42 pm

<3
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Brethren PC Elitists!   Welcome Brethren PC Elitists! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 5:00 pm

Gnarly, play in the 64-player CQC servers. Doooooo eeeeeet.
Back to top Go down
GnarlyBromance
Admin
GnarlyBromance

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Brethren PC Elitists!   Welcome Brethren PC Elitists! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 5:22 pm

Skreshavik wrote:
Gnarly, play in the 64-player CQC servers. Doooooo eeeeeet.

how is that fun?

I like 16-32 server sizes for those small maps.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gametanamo.com
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Brethren PC Elitists!   Welcome Brethren PC Elitists! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 5:41 pm

??? There are NOT seriously 64 player CQ Domination games are there?????

dear god.
Back to top Go down
GnarlyBromance
Admin
GnarlyBromance

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Brethren PC Elitists!   Welcome Brethren PC Elitists! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 5:57 pm

RoninHo'in wrote:

dear god.

yeah... crazyness

Dice didn't limit it, it is up to the server owner, which is cool. I just don't want to play them lol
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Brethren PC Elitists!   Welcome Brethren PC Elitists! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 6:04 pm

holy mother of god....

I could see maybe 24 on the bigger maps. But 16 is already pretty fuckin hectic at least on Ziba tower lmao
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Brethren PC Elitists!   Welcome Brethren PC Elitists! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 13, 2012 10:00 pm

GnarlyBromance wrote:
how is that fun?

I like 16-32 server sizes for those small maps.
You get to mow down a bunch of ruskies/yanks until they start spawning behind you, then rinse and repeat. It's like playing survival, except the AI are actual players.
RoninHo'in wrote:

dear god.
It's fucking chaos lmao.
Back to top Go down
KGB_NWO
Инструменты проектировщик

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Brethren PC Elitists!   Welcome Brethren PC Elitists! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 10:58 pm

gut wrote:
o hey wtf fuck you guys Suspect
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Brethren PC Elitists!   Welcome Brethren PC Elitists! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeSat Jun 16, 2012 11:42 pm

Hi.
Back to top Go down
GnarlyBromance
Admin
GnarlyBromance

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Brethren PC Elitists!   Welcome Brethren PC Elitists! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 10:48 am

Ronin, did you order it yet!!!??
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Brethren PC Elitists!   Welcome Brethren PC Elitists! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 11:52 am

don't fuckin talk to me lol

My goddamn CC is taking forever.

I got my debit card so fast (in 3 days when they said 7-10) that I figured the CC would likely only take 5-7 (which they also said 7-10 business days).

Well today is day 9 now >.< If I don't get it tomorrow I'm going back to the bank to check up on it.

Might be in todays mail too.

There's a small chance I might go Intel by the time I order too... going to do a last comparrisson of benchmarks and price but at the price point I was looking at I think the Intel/nVidia chipset is under powered, and I'm not really looking to tack on $100-150 to get to the price point where Intel is better.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Brethren PC Elitists!   Welcome Brethren PC Elitists! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 11:53 am

Also, fah-qu gut.... you and your admin page snooping.
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Brethren PC Elitists!   Welcome Brethren PC Elitists! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 12:05 pm

Gnarly, what do you think of Scrap Metal?
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Brethren PC Elitists!   Welcome Brethren PC Elitists! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 12:18 pm

I love that map. so far.

Honestly I haven't played any of the new maps enough to make any lasting decision on them.

I think Operation 925 is the best candidate for higher player count though, and Scrap Metal also seems like it could easily handle 24 players.

oh, and C4ing domination flags is just troll worthy lulz. Soon as I see it happen once, I lead a grenade on every flag lmao
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Brethren PC Elitists!   Welcome Brethren PC Elitists! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 1:33 pm

Map brings my piss to a boil. I don't know why I don't like it, but I fucking don't. Ziba tower is pretty sweet, especially on the building over at C. Feels like I'm playing Brink when I grab a shotty/revolver and I parkour around everything, fucking everyone up.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Brethren PC Elitists!   Welcome Brethren PC Elitists! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 1:46 pm

I haven't really played the new maps all that much... prolly only played like maybe 3 rounds of domination on Scrap Metal.

But i had some good games there. I'm always dropping down on fools with a shotty so it's pretty funny Very Happy
Back to top Go down
GnarlyBromance
Admin
GnarlyBromance

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Brethren PC Elitists!   Welcome Brethren PC Elitists! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 2:10 pm

Skreshavik wrote:
Gnarly, what do you think of Scrap Metal?

It has grown on me, Now that I know the map it is almost my favorite. It is super easy for me to get behind idiots and wreck. They get tied up at a doorway or something and I jump a level, or hop down a pipe outside and pop in a window and BAM SPAS-12 IN THE FACE!
Back to top Go down
GnarlyBromance
Admin
GnarlyBromance

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Brethren PC Elitists!   Welcome Brethren PC Elitists! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 2:14 pm

RoninHo'in wrote:
don't fuckin talk to me lol

My goddamn CC is taking forever.

I got my debit card so fast (in 3 days when they said 7-10) that I figured the CC would likely only take 5-7 (which they also said 7-10 business days).

Well today is day 9 now >.< If I don't get it tomorrow I'm going back to the bank to check up on it.

Might be in todays mail too.

There's a small chance I might go Intel by the time I order too... going to do a last comparrisson of benchmarks and price but at the price point I was looking at I think the Intel/nVidia chipset is under powered, and I'm not really looking to tack on $100-150 to get to the price point where Intel is better.

Sucks man

and as for Intel. I still say the I3 at that pricepoint is better. Run the 6850 with the I3! It has more long term upgrade potential... say 3 years from now splurge on an i5-3570k since it is the same socket type and BAM huge upgrade!

I almost look into if AMD's next achitecture for their future processors is a new socket or not for the upgrade potential? are the Piledrivers (the ones after bulldozer) still AM3+? I know Intel's Haswell (after ivy bridge) are an actual architecture and socket change...
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Brethren PC Elitists!   Welcome Brethren PC Elitists! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 3:02 pm

i3 and i5 are same socket?

lol didn't even look, so used to Intel creating a new socket for every line of chips Razz

Isn't i3 dual-core though? O.o Have a hard time believing intel's i3 is going to outperform the 3.6GHz quad-core AMD. Gotta go look at dem benchmarks >.<
Back to top Go down
GnarlyBromance
Admin
GnarlyBromance

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Brethren PC Elitists!   Welcome Brethren PC Elitists! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 3:21 pm

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-cpu-review-overclock,3106-3.html

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/gaming-cpu-review-overclock,3106-5.html

the 4100 will equal the I3 stock once it is overclocked. The i3 is dual core with HT for 4 threads.

the I3 isn't really overclockable, but has less power consumption and performs better stock.

The upgrade potential is greater IMO though for the future. Yes the i3- 2120 is the same socket as the i5-i7 sandy briges, and even the i5-i7 ivy bridges.

The socket change is for Haswell, the chip after Ivy Bridge due to being an architecture change (and probably large power increase)
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Brethren PC Elitists!   Welcome Brethren PC Elitists! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 5:20 pm

GnarlyBromance wrote:
It has grown on me, Now that I know the map it is almost my favorite. It is super easy for me to get behind idiots and wreck. They get tied up at a doorway or something and I jump a level, or hop down a pipe outside and pop in a window and BAM SPAS-12 IN THE FACE!
Maybe I've just been having some really bad games, sounds like something I'd excel at...Oh well. I got sucked back into Diablo 3, so I don't think I'ma be playin' BF3 in a while. Do you have a Steam account, Gnarly?

Of course you do, why did I ask that Welcome Brethren PC Elitists! - Page 2 911372
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Brethren PC Elitists!   Welcome Brethren PC Elitists! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 6:03 pm

Diablo 3...

Battlefield 3...

steam account...

Welcome Brethren PC Elitists! - Page 2 911372
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Brethren PC Elitists!   Welcome Brethren PC Elitists! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 6:16 pm

Leave me alone, I'm too happy lmao.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Brethren PC Elitists!   Welcome Brethren PC Elitists! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 6:27 pm

YOU are happy?

aww fuck, time to pack my oh shit bag.
Back to top Go down
GnarlyBromance
Admin
GnarlyBromance

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Brethren PC Elitists!   Welcome Brethren PC Elitists! - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Jun 20, 2012 6:35 pm

i'm on steam, yes.

Same name as here
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome Brethren PC Elitists!   Welcome Brethren PC Elitists! - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Welcome Brethren PC Elitists!
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gametanamo Gaming Community :: Games :: Gaming-
Jump to: