Gametanamo Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for degenerates to shoot shit about their favorite hobby

HomeHomepageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Battlefield is dead

Go down 
+10
RoninHo'in
CptnShotgun
bat
DTECH
GorillazInm1st
DGAF
Skreshavik
Eradicated
GnarlyBromance
spacefox
14 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
AuthorMessage
GorillazInm1st
TITS or GTFO
GorillazInm1st

Battlefield is dead - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Battlefield is dead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 3:04 pm

So it's agreed then, space is a fucking retard.
Back to top Go down
sPurMiN_gErMin
Lederhosen
sPurMiN_gErMin

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Battlefield is dead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 3:32 pm

gut wrote:
^thisthisthisthisthisthis

See, thats the conclusion about this stuff you can come to by thinking.

I havent touched bf3 in a couple months now, but i reckon ill dust my ps3 off for this, yessir.

I happen to like cqc fighting btw, so therefore these maps will probably be a plus for me, just as much as the long winded vehicle maps (which i also like of course)

You will be more like...

"Herpderpspermslurp look how im gonna stab that fucking wookiee hehehehe"
"What the fuck? Whats up with my knife"
"FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU"
"DID YOU SEE THAT SHIT???ARRRRRRGHHHHHHHHHHHHMMMMMBBBBLBBBBBBLLLLLLLLLGRRRRRRRRRRRRRR"

o-_carcinogen_-o is now offline

And about 10 minutes later there will be a new thread over here...
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Battlefield is dead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 3:46 pm

I'm personally kinda hopeful for the new CQ DLC...

I have started to actually semi-enjoy metro/seine. Not as much as Caspian/Oman/Karkand, but still fun.

And it changes up the pace.

However I was offput by the lack of internal destruction they bragged about being able to have. There is decent cosmetic destruction of tile and walls in Metro for example, but little in tactical destruction. It is also unquestionably narrow and linear.

The new CQ DLC looks like it might provide CQB with more routes.

It will be hectic for sure.

What I learned about metro is that it's 10x better with a squad of revive spamming medic trains with 1 "ammo bitch" Razz It's a contest of pushing.

anyways, it's fun and a different pace than the traditional maps I fell in love with. It may have a "call of duty" feeling to it, but that's fine cause it still isn't actually CoD (aka; no perk stacking kill streak BS). It lets me get my frantic FPS fix in the same game I play for wreckin shop in a tank/chopper.

That's value Smile
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Battlefield is dead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 4:14 pm

We'll see guys. When Summer comes and nobody's playing this game anymore, see if it was worth the wait.
Back to top Go down
Eradicated
Murderous Crack Fiend
Eradicated

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Battlefield is dead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 4:48 pm

I unlocked and used the AEK today, and it was DAMN fun to use. Bit like the old school BC1 AN94.

Also, what account you using at the moment gut?
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Battlefield is dead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 4:53 pm

you just got the AEK??

AEK is pretty bad ass... me like Smile
Back to top Go down
Eradicated
Murderous Crack Fiend
Eradicated

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Battlefield is dead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 5:34 pm

RoninHo'in wrote:
you just got the AEK??

AEK is pretty bad ass... me like Smile
2 months of playing Skyrim straight + 3 months with no ps3 + Barely touching Medic/Recon when I did play BF3 = Me pretty damn far behind on unlocks.

Glad to see the M240B got nerfed, not glad to see recon/semi auto shotgun douchebaggery of BC2 has returned in full force (some things never change). In BC2 a wookie noob would pop a sensor and USAS-derp you as you came round the corner. Now they dont even need to wait for you to come round the corner, they can just splash damage you to death before they even see you with frag rounds. After they've done that, they'll simply hop ontop of their mini roflcopter and take an elevator ride onto the highest building around and continue to be a pain the ass for the rest of the round.

But again, the AEK.... man.... that one gun single handedly brought the fun back in BF3 for me...
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Battlefield is dead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 5:37 pm

@backdraft: Your MOOOOOOOOM made a new thread over here 10 minutes after ragequitting my BALLS.

@erad: im not using any account, i havent played in months, but ima dust the ps3 off soon here i think.
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Battlefield is dead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 5:39 pm

BacKdRafT wrote:

Herpderpspermslurp

yea thats just hilarious
Back to top Go down
sPurMiN_gErMin
Lederhosen
sPurMiN_gErMin

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Battlefield is dead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 5:46 pm

gut wrote:
BacKdRafT wrote:

Herpderpspermslurp

yea thats just hilarious

Your moooooooooooooom is just hilarious... Coffee Cup
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Battlefield is dead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 6:06 pm

USAS+Frag is getting triple nerfed.

Well, fixed + nerf.

Auto shotty frag rounds are not lowering the RoF of the shotgun like frag rounds do on EVERY OTHER shotgun. Their RoF is mistakingly high in the first place.

Additionally they are reducing the splash damage of the explosive rounds.

Finally, in a related patch change that directly affects frag rounds.... Flak Vest perk is getting a buff to reduce more explosive damage. (already my goto perk of choice on CQB maps). This is an indirect but significant (and for the most part unnoticed in the community) nerf to shotty frag rds as their primary source of damage is of course the explosive flavor... it will also help against noobtube and RPG spammers even more than it does already.

Fuck, I always run with it on.... saved me from a bunch of claymores too (so long as you're at 100%)
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Battlefield is dead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 6:41 pm

BacKdRafT wrote:
HIMMLEIN SCHLICKTEN HORFTCHTHEN SHLICHTENSTEIN MEIN LEDERHOSEN

wat? i dun speak hitler srry
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Battlefield is dead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 6:43 pm

SIEG HEIL DER LEDERHOSEN!
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Battlefield is dead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 7:06 pm

^bahahahahahah fuck yea
Back to top Go down
Eradicated
Murderous Crack Fiend
Eradicated

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Battlefield is dead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 8:40 pm

You know, im surprised we didnt come up with the Pinks association with lederhosens sooner.

I blame dtech.

-10 Dtech nice points. Or + 10. Whatever the bad option is, in still trying to work out the rules for DNP.
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Battlefield is dead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 8:44 pm

Damn nevermind, I didn't realize a lot of you guys still actually play/give a fuck about BF3. I havent touched it in weeks and to be honest, I doubt I will again unless I'm really fuckin bored.

The reason I'm saying I wont get the future vehicle-focused map packs is because the first one comes out in Summer. Knowing DICE, it'll probably be somewhere in July-August, and by then I can guarantee that I won't give a fuck anymore about BF3.

And Gnarly, do you know why Op Metro is so popular and why there are so many 24/7 servers on PC for it? It's because most players are stat whores and Metro is the easiest map to rack up kills and boost your SPM on. That's why DICE is releasing Close Quarters first, and yes I'm disappointed. It's not just because of what I want, it's because of what Battlefield is. Close Quarters isn't Battlefield. I'm sure it'll be fun in its own right, but if I wanted to play something like Call of Duty I would play Call of Duty.

Oh, and I'm aware you can edit the servers to allow more players on PC. Enjoy that clusterfuck.

Battlefield is dead - Page 2 FNPie
Back to top Go down
DTECH
Master of Facts, Factual Evidence, and Facts
DTECH

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Battlefield is dead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 10:30 pm

RoninHo'in wrote:
pfft

k'bai

I'd rather have Armored Kill first, but I'll SPM pad in some CQB action.

#1: We're getting private servers. That means AoW will be getting our very own large CQ map only rotation server with custom hybrid normal/WookieMode rules. (likely std damage, no regen, no 3d, killcam? i dunno we haven't gotten that far). There will also be swarms of other rented public servers with other configurations. This means you can now actually play battlefield the way you want to.

#2: B2K was far more traditional BF than the original maps.... sure, they gave us these weird half sized versions, but hey, refer to #1 Smile They're ALL vehicle maps to some degree.... there's always a minimum of 2 heavy tanks at least. So releasing a infantry CQB pack first actually kinda makes sense.

#3: This is OPTIONAL content. You don't need to play it or get it. If you don't like CQB fighting, then it's not for you... simple. Play on the servers running full size B2K + Caspian, Kharg, & Firestorm on loop. Armored kill will be out end of august to end of september by my estimate.

Oh, and I was thinking about this last night, actually getting pretty upset at DICE over releasing 3 new paid DLC... BUT...

4 maps each, with a small handful of vehicles and weapons to add.

Now... that means we're getting 12 new maps, and overall a total of new vehicles and weapons all totalling about equal to a full new game release.... all for $45.

Beats paying $60 for 10 new maps and 3-4 new weapons on the same game engine on a "new" game... when I thought of it that way, I was a lil less perturbed. Especially since, if you don't like CQB like you, you can just skip it and get only the content you want and save $$.

I mean, FFS... it's either this, or everything their building would have just gone into Battlefield 3.5 for a new retail release, and you'd be paying $60 at the end of the year for all this same shit... and you couldn't opt out of the CQB maps you don't like.

Lol another $45 for a half finished broken turd (PS3)

Pass....
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Battlefield is dead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 10:47 pm

DTECH wrote:
RoninHo'in wrote:
pfft

k'bai

I'd rather have Armored Kill first, but I'll SPM pad in some CQB action.

#1: We're getting private servers. That means AoW will be getting our very own large CQ map only rotation server with custom hybrid normal/WookieMode rules. (likely std damage, no regen, no 3d, killcam? i dunno we haven't gotten that far). There will also be swarms of other rented public servers with other configurations. This means you can now actually play battlefield the way you want to.

#2: B2K was far more traditional BF than the original maps.... sure, they gave us these weird half sized versions, but hey, refer to #1 Smile They're ALL vehicle maps to some degree.... there's always a minimum of 2 heavy tanks at least. So releasing a infantry CQB pack first actually kinda makes sense.

#3: This is OPTIONAL content. You don't need to play it or get it. If you don't like CQB fighting, then it's not for you... simple. Play on the servers running full size B2K + Caspian, Kharg, & Firestorm on loop. Armored kill will be out end of august to end of september by my estimate.

Oh, and I was thinking about this last night, actually getting pretty upset at DICE over releasing 3 new paid DLC... BUT...

4 maps each, with a small handful of vehicles and weapons to add.

Now... that means we're getting 12 new maps, and overall a total of new vehicles and weapons all totalling about equal to a full new game release.... all for $45.

Beats paying $60 for 10 new maps and 3-4 new weapons on the same game engine on a "new" game... when I thought of it that way, I was a lil less perturbed. Especially since, if you don't like CQB like you, you can just skip it and get only the content you want and save $$.

I mean, FFS... it's either this, or everything their building would have just gone into Battlefield 3.5 for a new retail release, and you'd be paying $60 at the end of the year for all this same shit... and you couldn't opt out of the CQB maps you don't like.

Lol another $45 for a half finished broken turd (PS3)

Pass....
Lol I love how he says "all for $45", as if $45 for DLC is cheap.

I paid 30 bucks for the game, brand new Limited Edition. I find it hilarious Ronin that you consider 45 bucks for 12 maps a good deal. Way to milk the cash cow.
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Battlefield is dead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Mar 14, 2012 11:10 pm

Way to milk a dick faggot. You couldnt say anything that made sense at all until dtech made a good point. Youre hating just to be hating.

But youre at least doing better than dtech, who earned himself a nice -30 DNP for existing this week.
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Battlefield is dead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 1:06 am

gut wrote:
Way to milk a dick faggot. You couldnt say anything that made sense at all until dtech made a good point. Youre hating just to be hating.

But youre at least doing better than dtech, who earned himself a nice -30 DNP for existing this week.
YOU JUST DONT UNDERSTAND ME Sad

But really though, fuck you. I made plenty of sense, you assholes are just too blind and willing to fork over more money on a broken game to realize it.

And I hadn't even read Ronin's tl;dr until after DTECH replied to it. Yeah he made a good point, and you just agreed with that, so does that make you a dick milker also?
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Battlefield is dead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 1:12 am

You just got butthurt when I called out your faggotry.
Back to top Go down
GnarlyBromance
Admin
GnarlyBromance

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Battlefield is dead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 8:28 am

spacefox wrote:
gut wrote:

But really though, fuck you. I made plenty of sense, you assholes are just too blind and willing to fork over more money on a broken game to realize it.

And I hadn't even read Ronin's tl;dr until after DTECH replied to it. Yeah he made a good point, and you just agreed with that, so does that make you a dick milker also?

no, it goes along with entitlement in the game industry. You also went into the game with a huge negative pre-disposition. it is a game, enjoy it.
Back to top Go down
http://www.gametanamo.com
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Battlefield is dead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 12:39 pm

GnarlyBromance wrote:
spacefox wrote:
gut wrote:

no, it goes along with entitlement in the game industry. You also went into the game with a huge negative pre-disposition. it is a game, enjoy it.
So what you're saying is that we should enjoy every game, because it is a game? I dont think so Gnarly.

Like I said before though I did enjoy BF3 for a while. I may have gone into it with a negative pre-disposition but after a while it grew on me. It didn't take long for it to get boring though, and my disappointment is how little time it took for it to get boring compared to BC1, 1943 and BC2. All its flaws became so apparent that I just couldnt enjoy it any longer.

I'll give it a try again after the new patch, but being realistic here, the chances of me still wanting to purchase content for this game come Summer... are slim to nil.
Back to top Go down
CptnShotgun
Eezo junkie
CptnShotgun

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Battlefield is dead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 12:51 pm

spacefox wrote:
gut wrote:

Call anyone that doesn't agree with you "blind". Impeccable logic.

I'm not willing to pay for the DLC, but not because I don't like it. I'm not willing to pay because I don't play it enough to warrant the extra money. It doesn't ruin the game, PC gamers can filter out the maps anyway, so I don't see the issue. It's not me being blind, now stop tarring everyone with the same brush because they disagree with you. Either admit your argument was a weak one or come up with a decent retort, not "HURR DURR UR TOO BLIND TO SEE WHAT I SEE".
Back to top Go down
spacefox
Blatant Cocksucker

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Battlefield is dead - Page 2 Icon_minitimeThu Mar 15, 2012 1:09 pm

CptnShotgun wrote:
spacefox wrote:
gut wrote:

Call anyone that doesn't agree with you "blind". Impeccable logic.

I'm not willing to pay for the DLC, but not because I don't like it. I'm not willing to pay because I don't play it enough to warrant the extra money. It doesn't ruin the game, PC gamers can filter out the maps anyway, so I don't see the issue. It's not me being blind, now stop tarring everyone with the same brush because they disagree with you. Either admit your argument was a weak one or come up with a decent retort, not "HURR DURR UR TOO BLIND TO SEE WHAT I SEE".
I forgot what my argument was.

You win this one, Shitgun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Battlefield is dead   Battlefield is dead - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Battlefield is dead
Page 2 of 5Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next