Gametanamo Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for degenerates to shoot shit about their favorite hobby

HomeHomepageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

VR BF3

Go down 
+8
Eradicated
Hawk
AmPLiFiKaTioN
DTECH
spacefox
Skreshavik
VILE
RoninHo'in
12 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Fido
emo
Fido

VR BF3 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VR BF3   VR BF3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 8:58 am

That's a suggestion they took from Josh and me. We've been talking about suits that simulate getting shot (WookieMode mode has to give you a nosebleed at the very least for it to be economically viable) since BC1.
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

VR BF3 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VR BF3   VR BF3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 1:31 pm

*epic music*

Hey! It went past my ear! FUCK YOU GUYS

*more epic music*

.... oww... OWWWWWWWWW
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

VR BF3 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VR BF3   VR BF3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 1:36 pm

It's been around since the 80's, Fido. Remember those shooters at the arcade, with the plastic guns? Police and the Army picked that up with a "live" shooter simulation, Except when you got shot, a belt you wore zapped you.

I think some departments still have that going on, don't know about the army.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

VR BF3 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VR BF3   VR BF3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 1:40 pm

??

Uhm... no

we use either MILES gear (the laser system attached to weapons firing blanks) or paint rounds (not paintball... though we did play that too) though paint rounds aren't as common. MILES is cheaper and has less chance of injury Razz
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

VR BF3 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VR BF3   VR BF3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 1:42 pm

As I said, didn't know Coffee Cup
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

VR BF3 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VR BF3   VR BF3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 2:04 pm

The only Virtual sims the mil uses are for vehicles.... and Javelin training.

Infantry just cannot be properly simulated... even this VR is a far cry from running around actual battlegrounds with an M16 loaded with blanks and fitted with MILES gear.

Sure, getting shot with a laser doesn't hurt... but it is more than frustrating enough to encourage trying not to. There are no respawns after all Razz (not mid battle... but after a battle everyone gets reset)

Miles gear also allows infantry and vehicles to combat on the field. We have "rockets" we can fire at tanks (that fire off a smoke backblast even) tank MG's are fitted... etc. Tank rounds obviously don't work against infantry like they should (would require direct hit) but that's not typical anyways IRL unless they're in a bunker/behind heavy cover.

And the army uses overwatchers for those kinds of situations.... I got killed by a blackhawk's miniguns once even though I dove behind a wall (which would have blocked the laser)
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

VR BF3 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VR BF3   VR BF3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 2:51 pm

That's...pretty cool o.O
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

VR BF3 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VR BF3   VR BF3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 3:06 pm

Actually... it really was.

The worst we ever did though was doing a train up prep for the S. Korean Army for the annual US vs ROK battle.

They have almost a 50% turnover every year and they only ever use MILES gear for this 1 big fight (we supply them with it) so they need to be retrained every year before the battle..... Our platoon, along with 3 platoons of tanks, took on the ENTIRE ROK army fighting force that was going to the battle.

First off... my platoon was Combat Engineers... we didn't even have regular infantry tasked with us for this train up... so we had to both act as Combat Engineers AND dismounted infantry.

We had 10 dismount soldiers, and 12 tanks...

VS 900 dismounted infantry and something like 50 or 60 tanks.

To make matters worse, we were never allowed an opportunity to sight our lasers in... so we couldn't even shoot straight!! We had ONE gun (M240B) that had a sighted laser and everyone else in our squad had to get within 10ft of the enemy to get "safety" kills. FURTHERMORE they didn't even give us a proper amount of ammo. We literally had only 20 rounds per battle each (again, besides the M240 which had a 100 round belt per).

We still slaughtered em.... dismounts anyways. Our tankers got annihilated within 30-45 minutes every battle cause they were so out numbered and didn't have the benefit of being able to hide like we did. But I was only "killed" twice... and both times were BS referee calls.... from the ROK Armies ref's naturally.

Actually, almost every "death" I had in training was from a referee call... and IMO only the blawk's miniguns was really valid. I got killed once when the enemy soldier was physically unable (it was an impossible angle... I made sure of it) to point his barrel at me through the missing brink hole he stuck his rifle through. (this was in Texas... MOUT training)... this was AFTER I used the same hole, the other direction, and unloaded 30 rounds into a squad lined up on the far wall... but my laser was blocked by the top of the murderhole.

The ref said my shots didn't count... even though I would have hit at least a few of them... but his did /facepalm

The reality was... I was OPFOR... and the ref wanted the squad to continue their training.... if I wiped em, they woulda had their chance cut short lol
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

VR BF3 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VR BF3   VR BF3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 3:41 pm

So let me get this straight, the ROK army is so...so...well, green for lack of a better word, that they had to give that unfair advantage in order to stand a fighting chance? Reminds me of one of my Friends when he was doing those war games when he was stationed in Germany.
Back to top Go down
AmPLiFiKaTioN
Astro Jesus
AmPLiFiKaTioN

VR BF3 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VR BF3   VR BF3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 3:47 pm

Fido wrote:
That's a suggestion they took from Josh and me. We've been talking about suits that simulate getting shot (WookieMode mode has to give you a nosebleed at the very least for it to be economically viable) since BC1.
I thought you were emo... emos aren't allowed to have egos.
Back to top Go down
VILE
God Damn Mother Fucking VILE
VILE

VR BF3 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VR BF3   VR BF3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 3:57 pm

AmPLiFiKaTioN wrote:

I thought you were emo... emos aren't allowed to have egos.

He's an emomaniac
Back to top Go down
AmPLiFiKaTioN
Astro Jesus
AmPLiFiKaTioN

VR BF3 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VR BF3   VR BF3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 4:16 pm

VILE wrote:

He's an emomaniac
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

VR BF3 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VR BF3   VR BF3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 5:30 pm

Skreshavik wrote:
So let me get this straight, the ROK army is so...so...well, green for lack of a better word, that they had to give that unfair advantage in order to stand a fighting chance? Reminds me of one of my Friends when he was doing those war games when he was stationed in Germany.

no... we were their train up BEFORE the big fight.

The battle is against even #'s... or close enough (They have more men per platoon... but same # of platoons at least)

Although... yes... they are really REALLY green... Course, mandatory 2 year service will do that to an army.

I was out of ammo once and "bayonette" charged a guy who was locked in a fire fight across a gap with my squad.... he heard/saw me before I was even close to safety kill range (I was a good 20-30ft away). All he had to do was lift his weapon and pull the trigger.... instead he dropped his gun and through his hands up.... so I took him captive and had him lead me to his platoon leader... who I also took VR BF3 - Page 2 4044769246 We then continued to sweep through another 20 enemy soldiers in the platoon when they scattered.

We took 3 casualties... my squad leader and 2 guys he took with him to be the flank attack. They never flanked around so I took charge (even though I wasn't the ranking soldier... the guy over me was a putz) and had to do it without ammo. the remaining 4 of us took out the whole platoon + 2 AT rocket teams.

Most of our battles went that way... my squad leader would get killed and we'd continue to success (relatively speaking) and then I'd get bitched out for some reason or another.

Then I got bitched out by my squad leader about not following orders Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

VR BF3 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VR BF3   VR BF3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 6:13 pm

RoninHo'in wrote:
I was out of ammo once and "bayonette" charged a guy who was locked in a fire fight across a gap with my squad.... he heard/saw me before I was even close to safety kill range (I was a good 20-30ft away). All he had to do was lift his weapon and pull the trigger.... instead he dropped his gun and through his hands up.... so I took him captive and had him lead me to his platoon leader... who I also took VR BF3 - Page 2 4044769246 We then continued to sweep through another 20 enemy soldiers in the platoon when they scattered.

Wow.
/jelly
Back to top Go down
Xycolian
Property of Gametanamo
Xycolian

VR BF3 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VR BF3   VR BF3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeTue Oct 18, 2011 7:40 pm

RoninHo'in wrote:
I was out of ammo once and "bayonette" charged a guy who was locked in a
fire fight across a gap with my squad.... he heard/saw me before I was
even close to safety kill range (I was a good 20-30ft away). All he had
to do was lift his weapon and pull the trigger.... instead he dropped
his gun and through his hands up.... so I took him captive and had him
lead me to his platoon leader... who I also took VR BF3 - Page 2 4044769246 We then continued to sweep through another 20 enemy soldiers in the platoon when they scattered.

What the fuck lol... those guys are fucktarded... he should've refused to take you to his leader. What were you gonna do? fake kill him? Human stupidity never ceases to amaze me.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

VR BF3 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VR BF3   VR BF3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 1:18 pm

hehe yah it was pretty funny
Back to top Go down
bat
Gutman with a gat
bat

VR BF3 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VR BF3   VR BF3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 1:34 pm

RoninHo'in wrote:
blablabla.... bla... blablaba.... I got killed by a blackhawk's miniguns once even though I dove behind a wall (which would have blocked the laser)

o fuck no i wouldve ragequit
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

VR BF3 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VR BF3   VR BF3 - Page 2 Icon_minitimeWed Oct 19, 2011 2:07 pm

gut wrote:
RoninHo'in wrote:
blablabla.... bla... blablaba.... I got killed by a blackhawk's miniguns once even though I dove behind a wall (which would have blocked the laser)

o fuck no i wouldve ragequit

lol you always ragequit...

And I shoulda jumped from the roof I was on to the next building (which was a 12 ft gap and a floor down) but decided it wasn't worth the risk just for training Razz I coulda survived though and continued to harass them lol

But yah... that minigun woulda turned the building to swiss cheese if they were live rounds. (BTW... those things are loud as FUCK)

I was just stoked I made Navy SEALS call in air support to take me out VR BF3 - Page 2 982301

git outta mah kitchen biatches
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

VR BF3 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: VR BF3   VR BF3 - Page 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

VR BF3
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Gametanamo Gaming Community :: Games :: Gaming-
Jump to: