Gametanamo Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for degenerates to shoot shit about their favorite hobby

HomeHomepageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dark Souls

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Xycolian
Property of Gametanamo
Xycolian

Dark Souls Empty
PostSubject: Dark Souls   Dark Souls Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 8:36 am

I'm gonna rent this game later today. Supposedly it's a pretty WookieMode RPG that's unforgiving. I think I'll like it just because of that.

The game kinda snuck under my radar with Skyrim making all the RPG headlines. I think I'll like it if it isn't a total piece of shit because I have nearly no expectations or hype for it; seeing as I only learned about it a week ago.

So yeah... if the game sucks I'll edit this post rather quickly telling you all how much it blows, and if it's good I'll vanish for a few days like I did when I rented Deus Ex.
Back to top Go down
Xycolian
Property of Gametanamo
Xycolian

Dark Souls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls   Dark Souls Icon_minitimeTue Oct 04, 2011 5:22 pm

Meh the game is alright I suppose... nothin special but not too shitty. The controls take a long time to understand and so do the mechanics of the game (attributes and such)

Combat seemed sloppy and frustrating, but that could be because I didn't master all the controls before I stopped playing.

I only played for about 2 hours with the Knight class, and then for about 5 minutes with the thief class.

From what I saw there wasn't really much difference between the classes that early on into the game... no different moves or special abilities or anything really... I didn't even see any kind of stealth options for the thief, and the game manual shouldn't even be classified as a manual (6 pages hardly does this complicated fucking game justice).

I didn't see an ability sheet or anything that would really make different classes stand out from one another the only difference I saw was starting equipment and starting attributes (health, strength, intelligence, etc.).

The game manual doesn't describe the classes in detail, and neither does the game when you're choosing one, which is really fuckin annoying.

There's also a Multiplayer mode that allows up to 3 players I believe... no idea how that works or how laggy it is cause I don't have Xbox live.

The only reason I'm not sticking with playing this game is because RAGE just came out too, so I'm gonna rent that before all the copies are gone.
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

Dark Souls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls   Dark Souls Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 5:47 pm

Almost reminds me of the old D&D pc games. Is it turn-based or real-time?

Rage is also pretty good, btw.
Back to top Go down
Xycolian
Property of Gametanamo
Xycolian

Dark Souls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls   Dark Souls Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 6:09 pm

It's real time.

I agree, RAGE is pretty good. Although I like Fallout and Borderlands more; But that's just cause I prioritize RPG over FPS.
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

Dark Souls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls   Dark Souls Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 6:46 pm

The checkpoints fucking suck, though. I essentially finished the sewer part underneath Wellspring with the contaminated water, and the fucking elevator crushes me, sending me all the way back to the beginning of the mission.

Motherfucker.
Back to top Go down
Eradicated
Murderous Crack Fiend
Eradicated

Dark Souls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls   Dark Souls Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 6:57 pm

Fuck you guys and y0 early release dates, still gotta wait till the 7th for RAGE.

Oh well, at least their giving me the collectors pack as a free upgrade, but then again, they probably wont delivery the damn thing till next week.

And I heard about the save system, or rather the lack of it? Really id? You guys practically invented the fps genre and your stumbling over stupid shit like that. no autosave isnt WookieMode, its just dumb.
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

Dark Souls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls   Dark Souls Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 7:04 pm

Isn't too bad, remind me of playing Morrowind w/out that buggy autosave. Just gotta remember to save.
Back to top Go down
Eradicated
Murderous Crack Fiend
Eradicated

Dark Souls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls   Dark Souls Icon_minitimeWed Oct 05, 2011 7:10 pm

Skreshavik wrote:
Isn't too bad, remind me of playing Morrowind w/out that buggy autosave. Just gotta remember to save.
Ive become too used to autosave. I remember having to constantly spam F5/F8 to quick save in the older PC games, then I played Halo CE and was like "WHAT SORCERY IS THIS!!?!?!?!" when I saw the "saving checkpoint" checkpoint. The only time I save is if I know im about to walk into something very buggy or theres a bossfight coming up.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

Dark Souls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls   Dark Souls Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 1:27 pm

haha I used to tap the quicksave button like a lunatic

Every room I cleared out... "Quicksave" lol
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

Dark Souls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls   Dark Souls Icon_minitimeThu Oct 06, 2011 5:35 pm

Did that in Fallout with the Louisiana or whatever it was DLC, freakin' 1000hp ghouls...
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

Dark Souls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls   Dark Souls Icon_minitimeSun Oct 23, 2011 6:56 am

Dark Souls is awesome and you all suck. It seems set to be /v/'s GOTY. The combat is responsive and precise, and though it's hard it's not actually mean. You have to be careful and controlled, or you will fail miserably. Love that you can't choose difficulty for a new game, you get what you get.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AlyssSilence
Sponsored content

Dark Souls Empty
PostSubject: Re: Dark Souls   Dark Souls Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Dark Souls
Page 1 of 1