Gametanamo Gaming Community
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A place for degenerates to shoot shit about their favorite hobby

HomeHomepageLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Red Orchestra 2

Go down 
+3
Skreshavik
RoninHo'in
xALIENAx
7 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
xALIENAx
Completely Sane and Normal Individual
xALIENAx

Red Orchestra 2 Empty
PostSubject: Red Orchestra 2   Red Orchestra 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 1:02 pm

Who has it and what do you think>?
Just got it off steam this morning and im loving it. As everyone said in another thread the Visuals are pretty lame and remind me of of PS2 WW2 shooters, But the game play absolutely smokes the hell out of BC. The campighn is actually enjoyable too- I'll post more when i get in some games on each MP mode
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

Red Orchestra 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Orchestra 2   Red Orchestra 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 1:10 pm

haha

How is it that MODERN PC's are still getting new games with PS2 level graphics???

lmfao
Back to top Go down
xALIENAx
xALIENAx

Red Orchestra 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Orchestra 2   Red Orchestra 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 1:20 pm

RoninHo'in wrote:
haha

How is it that MODERN PC's are still getting new games with PS2 level graphics???

lmfao
I know- But it really doesn't break the immersion for me
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

Red Orchestra 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Orchestra 2   Red Orchestra 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 1:31 pm

yah but.... why?

Why is their gfx engine so bad?

Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

Red Orchestra 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Orchestra 2   Red Orchestra 2 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 21, 2011 3:31 pm

Thinking about it. Would you say it's worth the 40 bucks?
Back to top Go down
xALIENAx
xALIENAx

Red Orchestra 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Orchestra 2   Red Orchestra 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 6:14 am

Skreshavik wrote:
Thinking about it. Would you say it's worth the 40 bucks?
Personally, I'd say 100% yes. The campaign alone is worth it. Online is okay too- It doesn't have the scale of BF or destruction- BUT the classes and guns are well balanced. SMGs are only really good up close, LMGs are good for holding fixed positions (like defending an objective) Snipers are Good, But if you get close they're outta luck no ghetto shotguns.
The realism elements add a lot to the imersion, You can adjust the range of sights on many weapons, Change barrels on MG's and Look at your clip/Mag before deciding to reload or not.
If you take it for what it is- A fairly low key Tactical shooter, You'll enjoy it. Just don't expect anything ground breaking.
Back to top Go down
xALIENAx
xALIENAx

Red Orchestra 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Orchestra 2   Red Orchestra 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 6:16 am

RoninHo'in wrote:
yah but.... why?

Why is their gfx engine so bad?

it uses Unreal Engine 3, Which I know for a fact is capable of a good bit more, But they just didn't put a lot of emphasis on gfx. if your a gfx or effects whore, pass RO by, If you like tactical style play go for it and just enjoy it for what it is.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

Red Orchestra 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Orchestra 2   Red Orchestra 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 12:05 pm

I'm not a gfx whore....

but I still expect devs to not be lazy and to keep up with the times.
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

Red Orchestra 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Orchestra 2   Red Orchestra 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 2:51 pm

I didn't even realize it had a campaign, all I saw was the multiplayer trailers o.O

Fuck it, after I get pissed off of WoW today, I'll buy it.
Back to top Go down
xALIENAx
xALIENAx

Red Orchestra 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Orchestra 2   Red Orchestra 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 3:16 pm

RoninHo'in wrote:
I'm not a gfx whore....

but I still expect devs to not be lazy and to keep up with the times.
I can respect that, And i agree they could have done more- But when were used to dropping 60$ for broken games like BC2, I found RO2 quite fair for it's price (20$ cheaper then that for the standard edition). Everything worked right from days one and gameplay was quite good and immersive despite it's Gfx. Also, For all it offers, It's extemely Low-Demand system wise- My uncle can nearly max it on his Athlon II x2 215 dual core (2.7 ghz if i remember right?), and my quad core rig didn't even break a sweat.

Bottom line, Theres not much "wow factor" but it's fun an enjoyable for a good price- And that's what games are for right? Fun?. I enjoyed the story and "felt it". The intros at the beginning of each mission really help with that. The MP i can see keeping me entertained for 6 months easily.
Back to top Go down
RoninHo'in
Paranoid Vet
Paranoid Vet
RoninHo'in

Red Orchestra 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Orchestra 2   Red Orchestra 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 3:45 pm

Low req's huh?

Could I get by with a integrated gfx card, good shared VRAM and 4gb physical ram?

I can play Portal 2 well... if that's any indicator.
Back to top Go down
Eradicated
Murderous Crack Fiend
Eradicated

Red Orchestra 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Orchestra 2   Red Orchestra 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 4:17 pm

Depends on what integrated graphics chipset you have, RO2 system req. are higher than Portals.
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

Red Orchestra 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Orchestra 2   Red Orchestra 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 6:54 pm

Stuck on first-time setup...I feel like this was money well-invested.
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

Red Orchestra 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Orchestra 2   Red Orchestra 2 Icon_minitimeThu Sep 22, 2011 7:01 pm

^

Ignore that post, he's a retard.
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

Red Orchestra 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Orchestra 2   Red Orchestra 2 Icon_minitimeSat Sep 24, 2011 10:53 pm

I hate you, Aliena. Most of my matches have been

Camping.
Camping.
And moar camping.

I just grabbed a LMG and camped in some obscure corner. Bam, top of the kills at the end of the round after a 6-death streak running around like a tard with the MP40.
Back to top Go down
DGAF
Homosexual male
DGAF

Red Orchestra 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Orchestra 2   Red Orchestra 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 1:18 am

Money well spent, lmao. Laughing
Back to top Go down
DTECH
Master of Facts, Factual Evidence, and Facts
DTECH

Red Orchestra 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Orchestra 2   Red Orchestra 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 7:26 am

DGAF wrote:
Money well spent, lmao. Laughing

Hahahaha
Back to top Go down
xALIENAx
xALIENAx

Red Orchestra 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Orchestra 2   Red Orchestra 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 12:54 pm

Skreshavik wrote:
I hate you, Aliena. Most of my matches have been

Camping.
Camping.
And moar camping.

I just grabbed a LMG and camped in some obscure corner. Bam, top of the kills at the end of the round after a 6-death streak running around like a tard with the MP40.
Territory? yeah that's camp mode. The point in that mode is to HOLD capture points, not run and gun. Ro2 is a tactical game, not an arcade shooter. Find a few ppl to play with who play right. you want a sqad with like 2 SMG, 2 rifleman, an MG and a Sniper. Dont play it like CoD or BF. Mover carefully, use the lean functions and move from cover to cover. if you run around in the open people will be waiting to smoke your ass.

That's actually quite realistic TBH
Back to top Go down
xALIENAx
xALIENAx

Red Orchestra 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Orchestra 2   Red Orchestra 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 12:57 pm

RoninHo'in wrote:
Low req's huh?

Could I get by with a integrated gfx card, good shared VRAM and 4gb physical ram?

I can play Portal 2 well... if that's any indicator.
If you have a good CPU you probbly could. you can go well below the recommended or even the minimum spec GPU if you have a good processor- It's just very simple in the gfx department.
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

Red Orchestra 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Orchestra 2   Red Orchestra 2 Icon_minitimeSun Sep 25, 2011 1:34 pm

xALIENAx wrote:
Territory? yeah that's camp mode. The point in that mode is to HOLD capture points, not run and gun. Ro2 is a tactical game, not an arcade shooter. Find a few ppl to play with who play right. you want a sqad with like 2 SMG, 2 rifleman, an MG and a Sniper. Dont play it like CoD or BF. Mover carefully, use the lean functions and move from cover to cover. if you run around in the open people will be waiting to smoke your ass.

That's actually quite realistic TBH
It was TDM. Couple Dbags were raping the shit out of our team with that Ppsh russian smg, so I just went prone in the closet in a random building and started racking up kills when they'd run by.

I enjoy territory, though, especially on the smaller maps with a good amount of buildings breaking LoS. Push forward, have the marksman take potshots at the SoB's looking out the window, set up shop, profit.
Back to top Go down
Alyss
The Hanged Woman
Alyss

Red Orchestra 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Orchestra 2   Red Orchestra 2 Icon_minitimeMon Sep 26, 2011 8:38 am

/v/ was jizzing themselves about this, then got angry with it. Didn't seem so great, what I saw.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/AlyssSilence
xALIENAx
xALIENAx

Red Orchestra 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Orchestra 2   Red Orchestra 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 1:01 pm

Skreshavik wrote:

It was TDM. Couple Dbags were raping the shit out of our team with that Ppsh russian smg, so I just went prone in the closet in a random building and started racking up kills when they'd run by.

I enjoy territory, though, especially on the smaller maps with a good amount of buildings breaking LoS. Push forward, have the marksman take potshots at the SoB's looking out the window, set up shop, profit.
Same, If you get some organized play going its real fun. You just have to play smart and you'll be fine, Run around in the open and you're dead.
Back to top Go down
xALIENAx
xALIENAx

Red Orchestra 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Orchestra 2   Red Orchestra 2 Icon_minitimeTue Sep 27, 2011 1:08 pm

Alyss wrote:
/v/ was jizzing themselves about this, then got angry with it. Didn't seem so great, what I saw.
I wouldn't say it's great either. There is no "wow" factor to RO2 at all- It's nothing particularly special, But it's not bad either. It really caters more to the realism crowd so your going to see a lot of arcade shooter fans blasting it while those who enjoy that kind of play praise it. It does have some nice features that most games (even tactical shooters like socom have yet to do) like barrel changing in your LMGs, Scope/Sight adjustment, and the cover system is quite good.

On the bad side, It does have some annoying sound bugs, And a glitch in the server browser that causes the browser to completely stop working- And forcing you to completely restart the game to get your server list to come back up. The devs say it's something to do with communicating with steam master servers. It's already been patched twice (i believe the last one addressed the sound problem) and they're currently working with the steam Folks on the server issue.
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

Red Orchestra 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Orchestra 2   Red Orchestra 2 Icon_minitimeTue Jan 10, 2012 4:27 pm

Still trying to get into this game. Maybe I'm just sucking, or the fact everyone else is a supreme commander who has the ability to drop artillery at the drop of a hat.
Back to top Go down
Skreshavik
Mordekaiser
Skreshavik

Red Orchestra 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Orchestra 2   Red Orchestra 2 Icon_minitimeFri Jan 13, 2012 11:06 pm

Damn it Aliena, I need your help Sad
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Red Orchestra 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Red Orchestra 2   Red Orchestra 2 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Red Orchestra 2
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next